Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. (50187 Views)

Nigerian Couple Uses Tipper At Their Wedding As Wife Climbs A Ladder / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her / Lady Calls Off Her Wedding As Her Fiance Pours Water On Her At An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
BigBashiru:

In a vast majority of the cases the men are spilling money on old expired oloshos who are actually used up old hags.... what they are celebrating, I do not know!

I just don't want to shake tables in this aspect.

I have a thread in my head about this but I won't create it cos it will break the Internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by BigBashiru: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

I have a thread in my head about this but I won't create it cos it will break the Internet.

Pls oh create it and tag me so I can contribute....

Lol @ break the Internet.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by olamoses75(m): 10:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
I gave up on that shit called white wedding the day my boss, with no car and living in room & parlor self con, calculated more than #2m as money being spent for his wedding. That couple still lives in a rented apartment and has no car till now, imagine what #2m can do for a family.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Divoc19(f): 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
You can have it. It's simple mindset smiley
Newton2024:
How I wish I can have half of your courage.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by bigjackass: 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheOldGods:

just like your moniker say is you're a big jack ass. You mother is also beneath me. So as you. I done have your time. I only talk with men not girls in form of men
you will be taken seriously when you do stop quoting females and replying. For now you are just groaning and spitting all over the place undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Bobmarie:
Over it

You can tell your mom and sister to help you understand what logical reasoning is. You’ll get over it.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Akharmony: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Some blind Native African's will still fight headon to thing the white ceremonial dress is suitable for him than her own beautiful traditional attire...
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by BamakSNR(m): 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

The people who made the religion are the same people who made the rule. It’s now you want to do, “let’s not follow the white man”.

It’s not everything in the “scripture” that’s practiced, the same way it’s not every y’all practice today that’s in the scripture. It’s still a part of the religion regardless.
Problem for religious people. Thank God for the Holy spirit. Let no man put you on pressure or make you do what they think it's right but not consistent with the scripture
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Carchoice:

You can tell your mom and sister to help you understand what logical reasoning is. You’ll get over it.
k
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Vantheman: 12:06am On Oct 29, 2021
There is nothing like white wedding, and it's not in the Bible all that is required is blessings from both parent which is tradition. Most people don't know the meaning of tradition biko consult you dictionary for more advice.
You here tradition and you head tell you it's festish. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by grandstar(m): 12:11am On Oct 29, 2021
I am a Jehovah's Witness and we are admonished to have only one: either the traditional or the white wedding. We are not to do both as it's a waste of money.

What most important is that the marriage is registered. So, even a low key registry wedding is okay. The reason why court is important is that we have to abide by Caesers laws (Read Roman's 13:1-7, Titus 3:1). Once you've done the court wedding you're considered married even if you decide not to do a traditional or white wedding.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by nezer83: 12:22am On Oct 29, 2021
Guy if you no get money hid your face and allow those who want to celebrate church wedding do so. Couples can actually go for blessings in the white gown and suit without the elaborate receiption ceremony.
If you have the money to do white wedding based on your faith, it's not a waste of money and time.
@Op if you have attended a white wedding and ate their "rice" then I do not know if to say...na amadioha go judge your matter.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 1:18am On Oct 29, 2021
grandstar:
I am a Jehovah's Witness and we are admonished to have only one: either the traditional or the white wedding. We are not to do both as it's a waste of money.

What most important is that the marriage is registered. So, even a low key registry wedding is okay. The reason why court is important is that we have to abide by Caesers laws (Read Roman's 13:1-7, Titus 3:1). Once you've done the court wedding you're considered married even if you decide not to do a traditional or white wedding.

Nice one
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Delight1122: 2:12am On Oct 29, 2021
Divoc19:
Waste of time in deed.
I didn't do any of both self because I don't like the crowd for marriage thing.
What a lucky guy he is grin

Or you marry SAPA man hahaha
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:40am On Oct 29, 2021
chaseblack:
White wedding isn't the problem ,Nigerians oversabi is the problem.
Study how an average white man performs his white wedding and compare it with what Nigerians desire and you'll notice where the fault is.
Copy copy sprinkled with a touch of oversabi
You are absolutely correct. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by BRATISLAVA: 4:25am On Oct 29, 2021
More devil's advocacy and the need to try so hard to be different.

If there were money available, half the people against it would be for it.

Plus, all this is just a desperate bid to give support to polygamy, cheating, and refusal to pay alimony by claiming African traditions. That's why local Nigerian men hate court unions and what they call white weddings. It's nothing about traditions. Just trying to escape responsibility by bringing out the savagery of "I did a traditional wedding so I can..."

You'll wonder if they hate modern education, church, phones, clothes and other things they've copied from white people. Because they're also a waste of time and money.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by BRATISLAVA: 4:33am On Oct 29, 2021
WisdomHunter:
I have said this many years ago

White wedding is an European culture, their tradition wedding

But because they brought this Christianity that we carry for head that is putting many confusion in our society and attached their tradition marriage to it, it automatically becomes our a must do.

How is it their tradition? Is Europe one culture/tradition?Or you think each European country doesn't have its own traditional wedding rites? You people just like spreading falsehoods because the idea of a wedding where men have all the rights is appealing to you via the so called traditional wedding. You can do your traditional wedding without trying to discredit what you call the white wedding every single time.

The "white" wedding is simply a unification of several cultures under one banner.

The topic is an overflogged pointless one.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by fav4real: 5:06am On Oct 29, 2021
Na poverty the course all this thing oo
Something wey we the do for a long time now

Poverty don make us condemn am
Chai

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by femi4: 5:20am On Oct 29, 2021
Toks2008:
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

May we be emancipated from mental slavery
We ALL waste money, don't teach others how to waste money cos they didn't choose your ways of wasting money. We ALL waste money on things like:

1. Data

2. Alcohol

3. DStv subscription

4. Parties

5. Food

6. Clothes/Shoes/Wristwatches/Perfume

7. Gadgets etc

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by EjaikreTheViper(f): 5:29am On Oct 29, 2021
Toks2008:
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

God bless you for this post
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by skywalker240(m): 5:47am On Oct 29, 2021
Davash222:
A senseless being thinking she's sensible.
God bless you sir.

so in her soakaway mind, the Master turnd water into wine in a white wedding?
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by chiefobdk2: 5:48am On Oct 29, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

You claim it’s because white weddings are not a part of the religion when really you’re just broke, and I’m the one to be mute? Don’t start arguments you cannot defend. Have a wonderful day.

Shut up your dirty mouth...
This is probably a jobless unmarried thing. Na dem dey first call person broke...
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by skywalker240(m): 5:50am On Oct 29, 2021
Toks2008:

Please do Sir, create it and when you do, mention me.

they always eat their cakes and stare at it same time.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by yeme7(m): 6:13am On Oct 29, 2021
Stankovic22:

You are just a religion follower and not a Christian.

If at all you are a Christian you would have studied the wedding of Isaac to Rebecca and how Abraham your Christian father paid dowry and and Isaac went with his wife.

Scriptures made it clear countless times of the need for dowry to be paid. Don't confuse wedding with marriage

Was Abraham a Christian...?

And was it written in the Bible where white wedding is compulsory... Did Abraham wedded his wife Sarah in the church if yes give me verses to read
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 29, 2021
Toks2008:

Amen
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Don27tiky(m): 6:28am On Oct 29, 2021
Pataricatering:
Nigerian men are daft !..the stupidity running through your ram brain is second to none - all of you
most Nigerian girl don’t even know what it means to love. You are blind by love for his money. A man buys expensive things for a girl and gives her money because he loves her but what do we get from Nigerian girls love for his money and not the man. I do advise my friends to go to neighboring countries if they cannot afford to go far and they will get better women in Cameroon, Benin, Niger, Togo, Ivory Coast . Like I got mine from Guinea Conakry with a different mentality
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Cassetteman: 6:45am On Oct 29, 2021
Yeah u maybe right but everyone with is own choice of the ladie
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by ojuu4u(m): 6:55am On Oct 29, 2021
junique629:
She bends down to pee makes you better or smarter, people like you simply irritate me. If you learnt your history well, you would know Nigeria was colonized by the British and as such it is only natural that a few of their customs rubbed off on us. Only a poverty stricken individual such as yourself wouldn't admit how beautiful the white wedding event is and the fact that it is worth adopting. Shove that up you ass, you chauvinistic psychopath

You haven't understood these type of guys/men, they can't do without woman for second, and many of them are in hopeless situation, often, they comment on female comment to get her attention and they do that by posting negative comment.

If it's possible all females leave nairaland, they too will disappear from the forum.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Mrbenny001: 7:29am On Oct 29, 2021
Next time don't chuck your dirty mouth in something you have zero knowledge about..it won't help your future.. better listen and learn
PlayMaker14:
Just small argument and you are throwing insults.... So much for Christianity. grin

This only shows that you're a daft unintelligent fellow and I bid you goodnight.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Next time don't chuck your dirty mouth in something you have zero knowledge about..it won't help your future.. better listen and learn
Please shut up, you're just talking like a daft unintelligent fellow.

Kindly excuse yourself when you are done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Detained Female Soldier Will Be Penalised For Accepting Corper’s Proposal – Army / I Am Not Happy In My Marriage, Please I Need Advise. / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.