Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out (5265 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off / Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by diportivo: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
okoroemeka:
well I said 90+% of times that bow joint failed the car is slow on speed for a reason,I started driving October 1992 with a six wheel Bedford Tj610 six wheel farm truck,since then I have owned and driven two 404 Peugeot pickups,Mazda 323 panel van,Nissan sunny,Volvo 240 padded,Opel Omega,Mazda b2000 pickup,Honda babyboy,Dodge ram pickup v8,Acura RL v6,Honda Accord DC,and believe me in all my years of driving and owning the good the bad and ugliest of cars I have encountered not less than 50 bow joint failures and none has ever happened at high speed.

sorry oh 1992 ancestral driver

but

WTF is bow joint?? undecided
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by temmym4(m): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
diportivo:

oh yeah

it simply fails without giving any sign whatsoever right??

how many of these crv/accord have u used extensively?

2003 Accord. 2012 to 2015
Pulled off twice.
First during a journey, no click whatsoever before leaving, parked to get stuff at the expressway after driving about 3hrs, turned the steering.. light clicks... trafficated to the main road and BINGO! Leg pulled!!

Second one was the most embarassing ever, backed out of the parking lot and it dropped right there...

Your defence wont stop a couple of Accords and CRVs from pulling off today and beyond like someone stepped on banana peel.

By the way, i have witnessed a CRV leg pull outside the country once so Face the fact that it is a design flaw and it will fall off if you are not careful enough. It's what almost every old Accord user knows so calm yourself and let those who's got a solution help those who wants to enjoy the affected models bro.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by diportivo: 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
temmym4:

2003 Accord. 2012 to 2015
Pulled off twice.
First during a journey, no click whatsoever before leaving, parked to get stuff at the expressway after driving about 3hrs, turned the steering.. light clicks... trafficated to the main road and BINGO! Leg pulled!!

Second one was the most embarassing ever, backed out of the parking lot and it dropped right there...

Your defence wont stop a couple of Accords and CRVs from pulling off today and beyond like someone stepped on banana peel.

By the way, i have witnessed a CRV leg pull outside the country once so Face the fact that it is a design flaw and it will fall off if you are not careful enough. It's what almost every old Accord user knows so calm yourself and let those who's got a solution help those who wants to enjoy the affected models bro.

oh

just one accord?

I'm on the 3rd grin

also,u do not know the angle from which I am coming from and thats why there's no need to engage you further

if u read between the lines tho,u will understand that u do not need to tell me to be calm cos I am

rather,take a chill pill urself

cool
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Chai your comment is scary grin
buygala:

It happens on high speed

It's just that the occupants are not alive to tell the story sad
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
You mean A Stiffer steering, sounds when you turn steering and Lack of bouncy (rubber) feeling when you wheel the steering completely to each sides are signs of bad Ball joints

Yes
Cokahot:
Og bobs no be only honda,na any car. What I noticed abt ball joint. Signs. If ball joint is good,just 1 finger can twist steering,if it's bad,2 to 3 fingers will twist steering to 90 degrees, steering will feel a bit stiff like 15% while turning ubcant help but enter pot hole. The more pot holes u enter,the more your suspension shifts and gbam ball joint rubber trips off and gbam,your tyre disconnects,damaging fender. The ish is ball joint no dey affect suv,but ubsee sedan,I e like make e be c350,es,IS. One day ball joint go give up,esp if u r in a poor man area,where pot holes exceed 100. Na oyo o. No tarred road,no sedan. Simple. Tbo I entered pot holes like 10times at top speed. What I heard was gboomppm. But sadly today my ball joint gave up at 30kph. Thank God I was 500m away from home and na day time. I was so happy. If u find your steering a lil bit stiff,na and some lil noise when u turn steering,na ball joint dey give u sign so. Once u turn steering e still tiff and u no hear that plastic rubbing plastic sign,thinking u need to loose your steering. Oh bobs n ball joint wan cut so,tyre cut out destroy fender. Imagine what life would have been if nepa stable and naija Road no get 1 single pot hole
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Cokahot: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
At first I felt my mechanic tampered with something,did alignment,not till we checked ball joint and it was about an inch and a half out. The best way to uickly detect if your steering tilts to the right always,or your steering feels slightly heavy without stepping on brakes or while in motion. The joint is giving u a sign.hat holds every damn vehicle is the damn ball joint. I was shocked to see my leg pull out without taking the bolts off. I must buy toyota cruiser .
Jidegravica:
You mean A Stiffer steering, sounds when you turn steering and Lack of bouncy (rubber) feeling when you wheel the steering completely to each sides are signs of bad Ball joints

Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
Signs well noted.

Cokahot:
At first I felt my mechanic tampered with something,did alignment,not till we checked ball joint and it was about an inch and a half out. The best way to uickly detect if your steering tilts to the right always,or your steering feels slightly heavy without stepping on brakes or while in motion. The joint is giving u a sign.hat holds every damn vehicle is the damn ball joint. I was shocked to see my leg pull out without taking the bolts off. I must buy toyota cruiser .
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by femarse: 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kingdemu:
This guy right here is making more sense than all those imbecilic folks arguing that a ball joint can't/doesn't snap when car is on speed. Thing is, when a ball joint snaps off on speed, vehicle skids off the road into oncoming traffic, bush, or a river and cause of accident is now attributed to something other than it.

1 Honda ball joint can pull off on speed..no theories ...mine pull off while on speed ...80km...

2. When it pull off while on speed, it doesn't skid off the road ....you watch too much American film...the vehicle drag to a full stop when the tire pull off , cos that tire is still hanging in there , where are you skidding of to ? I am living witness and the passenger side pull off me while on speed, I have a friend sitting down there , we heard a screeching sound ,the vehicle drag to a stop by itself...well, since I use Honda, I always have extra joint in the boot , got a mech that fix under an hour

3 it will give you sign, my pull off on Thursday, but I know the joint was bad on Sunday when the car started going sideways by itself...told myself, will manage it like that till Saturday before fixing a new one ...pull off on Thursday, 2 days to day of fixing

When the joint was remove ....there was no grease in it again , I now understand it better , once the grease in the joint is exhausted, the iron grind each other giving you that sound you are hearing and the wheel will start going to that particular side always so much you have to hold your steering to keep the car going straight

The ball joint that remove? ...I use it for 9 months before it pull off ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wow nice inputs wink

femarse:

1 Honda ball joint can pull off on speed..no theories ...mine pull off while on speed ...80km...

2. When it pull off while on speed, it doesn't skid off the road ....you watch too much American film...the vehicle drag to a full stop when the tire pull off , cos that tire is still hanging in there , where are you skidding of to ? I am living witness and the passenger side pull off me while on speed, I have a friend sitting down there , we heard a screeching sound ,the vehicle drag to a stop by itself...well, since I use Honda, I always have extra joint in the boot , got a mech that fix under an hour

3 it will give you sign, my pull off on Thursday, but I know the joint was bad on Sunday when the car started going sideways by itself...told myself, will manage it like that till Saturday before fixing a new one ...pull off on Thursday, 2 days to day of fixing

When the joint was remove ....there was no grease in it again , I now understand it better , once the grease in the joint is exhausted, the iron grind each other giving you that sound you are hearing and the wheel will start going to that particular side always so much you have to hold your steering to keep the car going straight

The ball joint that remove? ...I use it for 9 months before it pull off ....
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Cokahot: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2021
Just this morning g I met a super big heavy toyota sequoia ball joint pulled off. Ball joint normally affects right passengers side,rarely b4 u will see it in drivers side. A whole toyota suv 2009 model sequia pull off my own ball joint pulled off and I stpeed on brakes. As it pulled off my ac shut down,my steering lock. Toyota try sha. Ball joint I have seen honda baby boy,honda bull dog,honda bullet,eod,do,benz c300,lexus IS,corolla,ball joint can happen at any time,but 1st sign is slightly stiff steering
Pls go to welder so they can weld it to be permanent instead of factory gum with rubber
It's embarrassing,even gan a tokunbo car my guy bought,within a week,his ball joint pulled off. Naija Road no good. Unless na Abuja u dey

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
I don’t think having the joints permanent is good though.

Cokahot:
Just this morning g I met a super big heavy toyota sequoia ball joint pulled off. Ball joint normally affects right passengers side,rarely b4 u will see it in drivers side. A whole toyota suv 2009 model sequia pull off my own ball joint pulled off and I stpeed on brakes. As it pulled off my ac shut down,my steering lock. Toyota try sha. Ball joint I have seen honda baby boy,honda bull dog,honda bullet,eod,do,benz c300,lexus IS,corolla,ball joint can happen at any time,but 1st sign is slightly stiff steering
Pls go to welder so they can weld it to be permanent instead of factory gum with rubber
It's embarrassing,even gan a tokunbo car my guy bought,within a week,his ball joint pulled off. Naija Road no good. Unless na Abuja u dey
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Cokahot: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
Why
Jidegravica:

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by adanny01(m): 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
Jidegravica:

It is an understatement to say is not good, its not going to work.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by skywalker240(m): 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
diportivo:
honda,leaving owners stranded without remorse angry
grin

You de mind all those Toyota shidren
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by skywalker240(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
diportivo:

ofcos,

this one too,is another honda angry
[center]abeg piss de Kash mi grin grin[/center]

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by skywalker240(m): 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
selfmadeOLX:
Interesting… cool

People just like to lie on this platform
Pullouts only happens when you’re actually buying gala grin Pun
You Sabi find trouble oo grin

1 Like

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by skywalker240(m): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
Honda till take over, Toyota can go to hell
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Your last paragraph is scary AF

buygala:

When the ball-joint pulls out at high speed, it's either the vehicle collides with oncoming traffic, runs off the road into a tree, rock, a person or people's houses, or somersaults... whichever way, it's very likely that the vehicle will be so mangled that unless the driver survives to tell the story, a broken ball-joint will be the last thing on the witnesses' mind...at that point, what majorly matters are Plantain leaves and how to steal the victims' phones and other valuables sad

I am actually shuddering thinking of my car's ball-joint pulling off at 160km/hr cry .. and then me all mangled and extensively dead with my flesh, bone and blood mixed with the crushed vehicle metal and glass just because some stupid car manufacturer decided to rest a vehicle's entire suspension structure on a joint less than 2 inches thick sad
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 8:17am On Nov 09, 2021
So apt smiley

adanny01:

The reason i asked you is not for you to postulate theories , but to tell me if you know anyone who died or collided with any other object. Even a picture will do.

The problem is that you are talking about what you dont know. The fact is the pull almost never happens on high speed, hardly anything more than 20km/h. Usually, immediately after a speed or road bump, pothole, rail crossing etc

How come you never see a pull out on a highway, only inside a city, street, in the middle of traffic, or in front of your gate. Your imagination should have been more constructive instead of exagerative.

Addition

If you understand physics, you will understand that this problem starts with weight of the car. And secondly that a car's weight on the ground decreases with increase in speed. The same reason a plane takes off from the ground only after attaining certain speed. So when a car travels at 160km/h the weight of the car is being lift up by air passing underneath it which reduces the weight on the ball joint. So the ball joint cannot reach its breaking point on speed. The speed becomes an advantage.

From today, take notice that the chances of ball joint pulling at speed is greatly reduced or near impossible. It is simple physics.
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2021
Signs that your Ball Joints may be faulty.
- A Stiffer steering, funny sounds when you turn steering.
- Lack of bouncy (ball joint rubber) feeling when you turn the steering completely to either sides while parked.
- Uneven tire wear at a particular side.
- Car pulling to one side
- Car losing direction when brakes are applied.

How to Prevent Wheels from Falling Out:
- Do regular alignment (bi-monthly) and wheel balance (quarterly), should more often if you ply on axis like Lagos/Sango grin
- Avoid lipsrsealed complete turning of steering while driving.
- Start car and turn steering completely to check rubber feeling before you move once in a while.
- Go for a check immediately you notice any funny sounds, don’t procrastinate. Your wheel can fall out with 500m
- Avoid driving with a bad bearing (hub), the vibrations and tire wobbling tends to wear out the ball joint rubber faster. Noisy wheel that increase as you speed is a basic sign of a bad bearing.
Lastly, have an extra ball joint in your boot � cheesy

Did I miss any sign or prevention tips?

Jidegravica:
Honda front wheel tearing on the road breaks the heart of every drivers and lovers. Today, 28/09/21, seeing a 2007 Accord (picture attached) with broken joints falsified my belief that it happens among the 2005 and earlier models. Earlier this year, I sold my 2008 Honda CRV out of the fear that tie rod/ball joints/suspension may fall off while driving. I miss the car and plan importing another but want to know more on how to avoid wheel failure/break off. You should follow this thread if you drive a Honda and/or would choose a Honda over Toyota for their better handling, sound system, AC, and stylish interior like myself as I hope to learn from Honda(Car) gurus and experienced users on the signs to observe and routines to follow so as to avoid this disgraceful issue with Honda Cars.

From what I read today, Honda wheel breaking may result from bad ball joints, tie rod ends/socket, upper arm and shaft. How to avoid it is have mechanic check the above listed parts when you go for alignment (bi-monthly) and wheel balancing (quarterly)

Car gurus what are the signs the cars shows before the wheels fall off on the roads? …..If you experienced this before, pls share your experience with us.
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Ayoslimzy(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2021
Corolla cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
smiley
Jidegravica:
Signs that your Ball Joints may be faulty.
- A Stiffer steering, funny sounds when you turn steering.
- Lack of bouncy (ball joint rubber) feeling when you turn the steering completely to either sides while parked.
- Uneven tire wear at a particular side.
- Car pulling to one side
- Car losing direction when brakes are applied.

How to Prevent Wheels from Falling Out:
- Do regular alignment (bi-monthly) and wheel balance (quarterly), should more often if you ply on axis like Lagos/Sango grin
- Avoid lipsrsealed complete turning of steering while driving.
- Start car and turn steering completely to check rubber feeling before you move once in a while.
- Go for a check immediately you notice any funny sounds, don’t procrastinate. Your wheel can fall out with 500m
- Avoid driving with a bad bearing (hub), the vibrations and tire wobbling tends to wear out the ball joint rubber faster. Noisy wheel that increase as you speed is a basic sign of a bad bearing.
Lastly, have an extra ball joint in your boot � cheesy

Did I miss any sign or prevention tips?

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by kolaaderin: 5:08am On Nov 15, 2021
This issue is only related to Honda accord. 1999 to 2007 models. Civic, oddysey, pilot, passport, fits and city has no such issue.
And this is caused by use of fake ball joint imported by our people from China.
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by kolaaderin: 5:11am On Nov 15, 2021
Jidegravica:
Honda front wheel tearing on the road breaks the heart of every drivers and lovers. Today, 28/09/21, seeing a 2007 Accord (picture attached) with broken joints falsified my belief that it happens among the 2005 and earlier models. Earlier this year, I sold my 2008 Honda CRV out of the fear that tie rod/ball joints/suspension may fall off while driving. I miss the car and plan importing another but want to know more on how to avoid wheel failure/break off. You should follow this thread if you drive a Honda and/or would choose a Honda over Toyota for their better handling, sound system, AC, and stylish interior like myself as I hope to learn from Honda(Car) gurus and experienced users on the signs to observe and routines to follow so as to avoid this disgraceful issue with Honda Cars.

From what I read today, Honda wheel breaking may result from bad ball joints, tie rod ends/socket, upper arm and shaft. How to avoid it is have mechanic check the above listed parts when you go for alignment (bi-monthly) and wheel balancing (quarterly)

Car gurus what are the signs the cars shows before the wheels fall off on the roads? …..If you experienced this before, pls share your experience with us.
you sold a perfectly good vehicle because of misinformed decision. This issue only affects 1999 - 2007 Honda accord.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by kolaaderin: 5:15am On Nov 15, 2021
diportivo:
honda,leaving owners stranded without remorse angry
but this is a camry?
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by diportivo: 6:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Ayoslimzy:
Corolla cheesy

u really went all out to screenshot the from thebigkendo thread? shocked

kolaaderin:
you sold a perfectly good vehicle because of misinformed decision. This issue only affects 1999 - 2007 Honda accord.

1998 baby boy users are very lucky I presume grin

kolaaderin:
but this is a camry?

eye dey pain you abi? undecided
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Cokahot: 7:30am On Nov 15, 2021
I noticed jts not about ball joint. It's about changing your mechanic. Some mechanics won't do the job perfect,they will leave it to quacks . If your mechanic is a Christian or moslem,give them close marking. They won't tight bolt well,they won't tight upper arm well,just the usual nonsense work. Mechanics are a problem worldwide. I have driven honda crv 2009 model for some few years,tho I drove it without knowing catalyst wasn't inside so I was getting 14mpg,but aside that,it's a strong sporty suspension, big for nothing with a 2.0 liter engine with loud torgue at 80kph. It's a very slow car ,good ground clearance, no ball joint wohala,good and safe even during impact,chasis bears the loss. Honda tried in the crv but its totally under powered. I feel its stupid buying an suv with a small 4plug engine.

1 Like

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
Chai sad
kolaaderin:
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by Jidegravica: 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
angry
kolaaderin:
Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by diportivo: 6:07am On Nov 20, 2021
Cokahot:
I noticed jts not about ball joint. It's about changing your mechanic. Some mechanics won't do the job perfect,they will leave it to quacks . If your mechanic is a Christian or moslem,give them close marking. They won't tight bolt well,they won't tight upper arm well,just the usual nonsense work. Mechanics are a problem worldwide. I have driven honda crv 2009 model for some few years,tho I drove it without knowing catalyst wasn't inside so I was getting 14mpg,but aside that,it's a strong sporty suspension, big for nothing with a 2.0 liter engine with loud torgue at 80kph. It's a very slow car ,good ground clearance, no ball joint wohala,good and safe even during impact,chasis bears the loss. Honda tried in the crv but its totally under powered. I feel its stupid buying an suv with a small 4plug engine.

you have successfully blamed vehicle manufacturer

and then vehicle mechanic

e remain to blame ogun,the god of iron.Make the equation for kuku complete grin

2 Likes

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by ehmmy11(m): 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
femarse:

What’s the model and year of your car pls

1 Like

Re: Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out by femarse: 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
ehmmy11:

What’s the model and year of your car pls
Honda Accord babyboy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike / God Saved My Son / Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.