Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) (49491 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / Car Travelling From Rivers To Benin Involved In Accident. Conductor Dies(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Juliane: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2021
illicit:
I once got a teaching offer there

The pay is 80k cefa per month

I learnt accommodation is about 30k cefa a month

Other utilities like water, gas and data will take another significant chunk, u buy water there it's not free

Are you talking about bottled water? If yes then please tell me where in this world is bottled water free. And if you’re talking about tap water then that’s not free neither cos water bills need to be paid. Anyway just let me know what you meant.

In Cotonou

I declined
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by judedwriter(m): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2021
Constant light, good roads, respectful police, peaceful/serene environment, constant water, etc.

Benin Republic is a good place to relocate to. The only problem is language barrier and lack of good jobs for non French speakers.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by judedwriter(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Still better than Nigeria.. At least there's security,light, water,good roads and a no nonsense land.. BTW. Cefa don rape naira cheesy

Modified: To y'all telling me to relocate to Benin and another person saying they see Lagos as there Dubai lmao..
Its easier to manage a small country than a big country like Nigeria that very large and still allow a dullard to head it. How will it work? I have lived in Benin republic for some years so I no why I said so. You will hardly see anything checkpoints. At a time when crime rate wanted to get high,the president gave a harsh punishment to offenders, boys ran away self. No long talks. Na my own opinion

Nic place to live in. The only problem is financial opportunities are limited unless you get much money for investing.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Simdyofficial(f): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2021
judedwriter:

Nic place to live in. The only problem is financial opportunities are limited unless you get much money for investing.
sure. Ntin like police brutality, ntin like #50 checkpoints, no business company like road safety corp or VIO. Just have your papers or any day police reason you- you will pay all. Business is good over there. I do send goods to be sold there till date from China. Its hard for anyone to commit crime cux the country is very small to hide. As at 2016 many yahooboys up to 10,000 were arrested and all still in jail. They sentenced all of them 6yrs. I do send money to one of them. Next year January they will be free. If they have oil in that country. They will shut there borders fully

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by illicit(m): 10:45am On Nov 13, 2021
[quote author=Juliane post=107574167][/quote]

I don't buy water for my bath, washing and cooking here in Nigeria

Drinking, just sometimes

Water don't cost me anything here
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Bvmsson(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2021
TayoAinaFilms:
Why is Nobody Traveling to the Benin Republic is a video where I share my honest review about Lagos Nigeria's neighboring country in West Africa. I spent a week here and this is an honest breakdown of my experience.

We visit Cotonou ,Ouidah Python Temple, Casa Del Papa, Ganvier and a lot more. I also explore some of the best things to do if you are visiting the Benin Republic. Do like, watch and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD5jpGZ5uGI

Tayo I didn't know you were here too....
I love you brother �❤️�❣️ grin kiss
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by komodapson(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2021
ayubaski:

You dey yarn rubbish, they see Lagos as their Dubai

No be only rubbish, he dey yarn dust...Benin Republic who's lifeline is in the hands of Nigeria
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Fahrenhite(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2021
Brooke60:
With my friends with the little knowledge we gathered from online.
I'm from Benin Republic, if you like we can hookup. Will be going there this December too.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
Saw you at erevan Super Market
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Samson5791: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
Please I am interested in spending the Festive period in Benin too, can I join available group? Christmas and New year please, just needs company.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Presido95: 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
AskiaHarem:

False; Nigeria runs laps around Benin Republic. Nigeria has better light, water, and roads. Nigeria has a far superior hdi rating, economy, and gdp PER CAPITA.

Nigeria is Middle Income developing Nation.

Benin is a low income least developed nation.

Federal Republic of Nigeria > Benin Republic(French puppet state).

See this one spitting lies with confidence. Both Benin and Nigeria are lower-middle-income countries. You should have at least done a little research.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Brooke60(f): 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
Fahrenhite:
I'm from Benin Republic, if you like we can hookup. Will be going there this December too.
Yeah, 4 of my friends won't be able to get their passport before our planned date. I heard that we can't get into BR without our passports. So, we might be rethinking to Whispering Palms.

Or any Info on passport entry?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by caprini1: 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
porthouse7:
I use to think like u, Benin republic made me a millionaire... U just have to open ur eyes
Enjoy!
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Juliane: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
Inferior19:

Una go just carry una mouth dey talk rubbish
Lol. EVERYTHING that was mentioned is true. There is hardly any light and water issue. The roads keep getting better and better by day and it is pretty much a “no nonsense land”. Most Nigerians that come here don’t feel like going back because of the peacefulnesses of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by AskiaHarem(m): 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
Presido95:

See this one spitting lies with confidence. Both Benin and Nigeria are lower-income countries. You should have at least done a little research.

Perhaps you should do more research before you expose your own Stupidity again r.e.t.@.r.d. wink

Nigeria
Benin

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Exciting(f): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
Fahrenhite:
I'll gladly join too if it'd be pocket friendly

How much should we budget?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Petalsempire(f): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2021
Don't like the place..dull for me
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Fahrenhite(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
Brooke60:
Yeah, 4 of my friends won't be able to get their passport before our planned date. I heard that we can't get into BR without our passports. So, we might be rethinking to Whispering Palms.

Or any Info on passport entry?

Yeah, you need to get your passport to go hassle free unless you are ready to hussle, bustle and bribe your way from the border customs. Honestly, i won't advise you go without your passport.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Lastbornbuns: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
AskiaHarem:

False; Nigeria runs laps around Benin Republic. Nigeria has better light, water, and roads. Nigeria has a far superior hdi rating, economy, and gdp PER CAPITA.

Nigeria is Middle Income developing Nation.

Benin is a low income least developed nation.

Federal Republic of Nigeria > Benin Republic(French puppet state).

Benin republic has a slightly higher hdi than Nigeria

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Trippleblessing(f): 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
Macktaob:

Going with my friends too from Lag with the intent to touch Togo and Ghana.

If you guys' goals align with ours, we could all draft our plans and fun together. Look forward to your response.

When are you looking at? Any estimated cost yet

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Hannania(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lastbornbuns:

Benin republic has a slightly higher HDI than Nigeria
If the HDI of subregions like Lagos Abuja, Kano, Enugu, Kaduna, Kogi port Harcourt are taken, you'd see that Benin is nowhere close to Nigeria.

Our overpopulation and inequality of distributed wealth is the major reason why our HDI is low. But Nigeria is still a middle-income country.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Lastbornbuns: 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hannania:
If the HDI of subregions like Lagos Abuja, Kano, Enugu, Kaduna, Kogi port Harcourt are taken, you'd see that Benin is nowhere close to Nigeria.

Our overpopulation and inequality of distributed wealth is the major reason why our HDI is low. But Nigeria is still a middle-income country.

Yes, but we are doing a country by country comparison...
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Hannania(m): 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lastbornbuns:

Yes, but we are doing a country by country comparison...
ok

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Macktaob(m): 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Trippleblessing:

When are you looking at? Any estimated cost yet
23rd to 30th. Rough estimation for 2 would be 500k including miscellaneous.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by lusco(f): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
What's the plan can we join u? More crowd go make sense now. What do u think?
Brooke60:
With my friends with the little knowledge we gathered from online.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by GreatCracker(m): 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
metformin:

If you guys' goals align with ours, we could all draft our plans and fun together. Look forward to your response.

I intend going there January next year, just for vacation. But I got no international passport yet, can I go without international passport,intended touring Benin Republic, Senegal and sierra loone
I think we can draft out a plan in that regard.
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by metformin(m): 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2021

Let's plan to actualize it, fella. It will be a dream come true.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by KangaIye: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
GreatCracker:

Whatsup you were trying to reach out via email
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
myfantasies:
Do you need someone that can carry your luggage for you grin
Fine woman. What are your fantasies, biko? Because it's like I'm fantasising about your fantasies. grin
Yay, see how I'm talking to my senior lipsrsealed I'm sorry ma'am.
Don't mind me. You're just fine and I like the hairdo. I don't even know how I found your profile. This Nairaland is just weird. Like one big shopping mall...like Valerian and the city of a thousand planets kind of scenario.One can get lost while sightseeing (site-seeing).
Let me try and find my way to the main road now. I'm even lost, like this.
Ehem, before I forget sef...lovely signature you've got there. I'm stealing it.
Byeeeeee
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by Biafrarep(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
illicit:

A room self con

Rent is paid monthly

And the landlord will still collect times three or four of that as caution fee

Are you kidding me?!
A teaching job that pays 80k cfa which is roughly 80k naira monthly, yet house rent for a self contained room is 30k monthly which amounts to 360k annually shocked shocked worse still, the skyline I saw looks no different like that of Ibadan cheesy cheesy

That's crazy and not worth the trouble. Little wonder the country ranks so low on HDI.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by illicit(m): 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Biafrarep:

Are you kidding me?!
A teaching job that pays 80k cfa which is roughly 80k naira monthly, yet house rent for a self contained room is 30k monthly which amounts to 360k annually shocked shocked worse still, the skyline I saw looks no different like that of Ibadan cheesy cheesy

That's crazy and not worth the trouble. Little wonder the country ranks so low on HDI.

Exactly

Things are expensive there

U even have to buy water
Re: Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) by alaricsaltzman: 7:56am On Feb 03, 2022
Benin Republic this month.

Anybody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale / Lagos Life: 10 Reasons You Should Move From Mainland To Island / Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.