Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? (10620 Views)

The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board / Cold War Still Rages Between South-South Governors, Godfathers / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Simdyofficial(f): 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
Biafrarep:

The op is talking about LIVABILITY not industrialization. Now go back to school.

Is it only Ibadan vs Enugu you saw? What about Owerri vs Akure, can you compare? Onitsha vs Ogbomoso nko? Aba vs Ijebu Ode?

Down to towns and villages, you can't compare both zones in terms of livability of their settlements. I have traversed the SW and same as SE.
ode. Who wan live where nothing dey.. I love enugu but Ibadan is more better

11 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Southwest is far more urbanised than the South East..

The question of urbanisation isn’t a claim of superiority of one zone over the other.
Ndigbo are known to be more attached to their villages.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Anambra - Awka, Nnewi & Onitsha
Ebonyi - Abakaliki & Afikpo
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ekiti - Ado Ekiti, Ikere Ekiti
Ogun- Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Ota
Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo
Osun- Osogbo, Ife, Ilesha
Oyo- Ibadan, Ogbomoso, Oyo,

Outside South West
No one knows ikere ekiti, owo, ondo town , Oyo town even Ado ekiti to an extent

And you even forgot okigwe in IMO,
Let's even forget Abiriba (ohafia)
Go to the northern part of the country, many folks don't even know ogbomoso, ijebu ode,ilesha and Ado ekiti

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
Simdyofficial:
ode. Who wan live where nothing dey.. I love enugu but Ibadan is more better

Primitive people like you can only thrive in your rusted towns.

Again it seems you're too dull, op is talking about two regions yet you're talking about two cities, ijikwa ahu?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nigercity:

Outside South West
No one knows ikere ekiti, owo, ondo town , Oyo town even Ado ekiti to an extent

And you even forgot okigwe in IMO,
Let's even forget Abiriba (ohafia)
Go to the northern part of the country, many folks don't even know ogbomoso, ijebu ode,ilesha and Ado ekiti
You would say that you and your ilks don’t know. Stop generalising.

Moreover, Ogbomoso is one of the most popular cities in the South west, even not being a State capital cos the indigenes of Ogbomoso are one of the most traveled (If not most) in the south west.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
traveling within your enclave in alaigbo isn’t what we are talking about here. Travel out of south east and be liberated from your ignorance

I have been to almost all the states in the SW, and I lived in Lagos until I relocated to East in 2014.

Livability and SW cities can't be in the same sentence because they're words and opposite!

You're the one who hasn't traveled considering how ignorant and deluded you are.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Simdyofficial(f): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
Biafrarep:

Primitive people like you can only thrive in your rusted towns.

Again it seems you're too dull, op is talking about two regions yet you're talking about two cities, ijikwa ahu?
Mr man. Am a full born biafran. I only picked one of the cities you mentioned..

Our leaders in the east ain't doing any thing. By now nnewi should be bubbling, Onitsha fully hot. No dey mumu yourself oga

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Moreover, Ogbomoso is one of the most popular cities in the South west, even not being a State capital cos the indigenes of Ogbomoso are one of the most traveled (If not most) in the south west.

Please can you upload a drone picture of Ogbomoso? Honestly, you really must be a very local champion who hasn't seen civilization otherwise you will never mention that decayed settlement when we are talking about livable cities.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Like i said earlier
I once mentioned Ado ekiti in kano

And was surprised that many folks over there
Thought I was referring to a location in South East,

If you can make it to Kano next month end, with might mit and conduct a background check,
You will be shocked that, most people down North only knows ib and lag!
The even mistake IMO state for Igbo state

10 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
Simdyofficial:
[s]Mr man. Am a full born biafran. I only picked one of the cities you mentioned..

Our leaders in the east ain't doing any thing. By now nnewi should be bubbling, Onitsha fully hot. No dey mumu yourself oga[/s]

Go to hell, you're a typical scratch face afonja!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Biafrarep:

I have been to almost all the states in the SW, and I lived in Lagos until I relocated to East in 2014.

Livability and SW cities can't be in the same sentence because they're words and opposite!

You're the one who hasn't traveled considering how ignorant and deluded you are.
You have traveled to most states in the southwest isn’t the same as having the knowledge of the cities in the south west. Please stop exhibiting your buffoonery.

The Buffon thinks South west is a city state like Enugu.

Grow up and widen your geographical knowledge.

15 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nigercity:

Like i said earlier
I once mentioned Ado ekiti in kano

And was surprised that many folks over there
Thought I was referring to a location in South East,

If you can make it to Kano next month end, with might mit and conduct a background check,
You will be shocked that, most people down North only knows ib and lag!
The even mistake IMO state for Igbo state
I am sorry I can’t engage you with this shallow analogy of yours.

Is Kano a house or street?
Or how will someone tell me he mentioned a town in Kano?
To who?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Simdyofficial(f): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
Biafrarep:

lol. OK..

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
Biafrarep:

Please can you upload a drone picture of Ogbomoso? Honestly, you really must be a very local champion who hasn't seen civilization otherwise you will never mention that decayed settlement when we are talking about livable cities.
Now your legendary ignorance is exposed to the world. You tried masking it but so hard for you doing.

Go and read about urbanisation and come back to this thread. I don’t engage ignoramuses. I’m too advanced for you.

NB:
Moreover, if you know where I live, you will never talk about civilization cos there can never be a level of civilization you ever witnessed in Nigeria that can be compared to the one i have here

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I am sorry I can’t engage you with this shallow analogy of yours.

Is Kano a house or street?
Or how will someone tell me he mentioned a town in Kano?
To who?

Whatever

once you cross south west
You will notice only Ibadan/lag are the only popular cities in South West,
Other aren't that popular, like the are in your imagination!

8 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nigercity:

Whatever

once you cross south west
You will notice only Ibadan/lag are the only popular cities in South West,
Other aren't that popular, like the are in your imagination!
I intentionally didn’t want to say you are blabbing like a 2year old boy when you said “you mentioned Ado Ekiti in Kano” as if Kano is a house.

13 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by DeMekus: 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2021
Biafrarep:

Nope. The user is 100% Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I intentionally didn’t want to say you are blabbing like a 2year old boy when you said “you mentioned Ado Ekiti in Kano” as if Kano is a house.

Anyway
Since you lack comprehension ability
am done replying you

14 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by DMerciful(m): 2:02am On Oct 31, 2021
Are the other comments not their opinion?
EmekaA125:

Ur opinion though. Thanks
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sergio101(m): 2:08am On Oct 31, 2021
it's not something of much argument........ East has upper hand in this case 100%.

East has more cities

unless if Lagos is among what we are comparing, but if not...... juxtapositioning of east cities to West cities........ The east has it more. And even more developed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Praxis758: 2:33am On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

The question of urbanisation isn’t a claim of superiority of one zone over the other.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo

Your mention of urban centres in South West states is Incomplete:

Ogun: Shagamu, Ikene, ilaro, otta, Sango, Ago Iwoye, Ijebu-Igbo, Ikenne.

Ondo: Ore, Ikare-Akoko, Okitipupa, Ileoluji.

Osun: Ede, Ikirun, Ila-Orangun, Iwo

Oyo: Saki, Iseyin,

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Faber(m): 4:27am On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo

Abia- Umauahia, Aba, Ohafia. (Ohafia is very much developed and civilization in Abia State started there)
Imo- Owerri, Orlu, Okigwe.( Okigwe have been a city and was founded before Orlu)

Anambra- Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha, Ekwulọbịa, Obosi, Ihiala( presently there are 3 Universities in Ihiala, Obijackson and Allen Onyeama of Air Peace are all from Ihiala)

Enugu- Awgu/Oji River, Enugu, Nsukka, Nkanu (Nkanu is a big city with 4 Universities namely: ESUT, Renaissance University, Madonna University and Nigerian Law School, Agbani. There's a well connected road network throughout Nkanuland)

Ebonyi- Afikpo and Abakaliki.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Faber(m): 4:39am On Oct 31, 2021
Praxis758:

Your mention of urban centres in South West states is Incomplete:

Ogun: Shagamu, Ikene, ilaro, otta, Sango, Ago Iwoye, Ijebu-Igbo, Ikenne.

Ondo: Ore, Ikare-Akoko, Okitipupa, Ileoluji.

Osun: Ede, Ikirun, Ila-Orangun, Iwo

Oyo: Saki, Iseyin,

Cities we are talking of not urban centers where Glo and MTN Network may even be a problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by dallasi: 6:36am On Oct 31, 2021
meccuno:
undecided

and you forgot otokoto easily
I prayed the punishment will have mercy on your soul

3 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 6:43am On Oct 31, 2021
Simdyofficial:
I am from the east. But I think southwest got more cities. But there's something in the east that the west lacks . don't ask me. Ask the north
na South South get oil no b South East!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

Lol, you're Igbo yet ewedu and gbegiri is oozing out of you.

This is a no brainer to anyone who has traveled to both regions. Talking about livable cities between both regions now I will give you the options so you can compare on your own.

Owerri vs Akure
Onitsha vs Ogbomoso
Abakiliki vs Ado Ekiti
Enugu vs Ibadan
Aba vs Ijebu Ode
Abeokuta vs Umuahia
Oshogbo vs Awka
Oguta vs Iragbiji grin

Except you're the devil himself, you already know which region that is far more livable than the other.

Only SS can give SE a run for their money in Nigeria in terms of lively cities. SW is out of the equation, it's just that Lagos tends to hide the rot in that region.
I serve at owerri,have been to Calabar....nothing de those places,na y all of Ena de run go north and west!

3 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ZZ22: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2021
Post aerial videos of your cities because seeing is believing. You'd be surprise that what some people call city is not even worth to be called a village in south east. Most places in south west is rustic and dead thats why most of them claim Lagos. Post videos let's see the poultry house you call city

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Simdyofficial(f): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
na South South get oil no b South East!
who dey talk about oil.. Getat abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by meccuno: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2021
dallasi:

and you forgot otokoto easily
I prayed the punishment will have mercy on your soul

What about Soka forest in Oyo state? Stop being silly........afonjas are head hunters. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by helinues: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2021
Which kind dumbo question is this?

When Oyo state alone is almost the SE in size with all the 5 SE states landmass

3 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Starcrest1: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2021
Lol brown roof na city?? OP no dey make me laugh apart from Lagos, there is no city in southwest. What we have there are slums in their full glory.

I even saw someone mention Saki and Iseyin as city. Chai God have mercy on me!.

Iseyin where I camped abi na another Iseyin?? Saki that most corpers dreaded to be posted there. Infact all the villages in Anambra is better than those two places yet someone is calling them city. SMH.
Places that qualify as cities in South East include: Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, Awka, Umuahia, Nkpor, Obosi, Amawbia, Abakaliki. Others are upcoming cities. Like I said before no place in Southwest qualifies as a city if not Lagos.

Ciao!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by demmie1: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

Lol, you're Igbo yet ewedu and gbegiri is oozing out of you.

This is a no brainer to anyone who has traveled to both regions. Talking about livable cities between both regions now I will give you the options so you can compare on your own.

Owerri vs Akure
Onitsha vs Ogbomoso
Abakiliki vs Ado Ekiti
Enugu vs Ibadan
Aba vs Ijebu Ode
Abeokuta vs Umuahia
Oshogbo vs Awka
Oguta vs Iragbiji grin

Except you're the devil himself, you already know which region that is far more livable than the other.

Only SS can give SE a run for their money in Nigeria in terms of lively cities. SW is out of the equation, it's just that Lagos tends to hide the rot in that region.

Are you trying to compare abandoned houses inside portholes and gorges to red roofs along motorable roads? Self induced blindness rots the brain

4 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sammy07: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo

U no complete Ogun state own oo

Even Ila orangun us better than Nnsukka

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th / Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death / Ambassadorial nominees: Don't compare Buhari with ex-presidents, APC tells PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.