Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? (41599 Views)

How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2021
Klass99:

I am curious Mufasa, have you ever enjoyed sex with a reluctant and unwilling partner? Answer truthfully o!

@ Tobechi, you made valid points but so did Tickles001.

My personal ideology of marriage has always been two adults taking good care of each other. And that means in every way possible - sexually, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise.

In marriage, I believe our bodies belong to each other, it's about giving and receiving care, being there for the other person even when you don't feel like it, but they need you.

We owe each other sex, as well as respect, intimacy and more.....If I am tired and not in the mood, I will simply tell my man, I'm tired so bear with me if I don't bring my A Game to this show or I am not an active and enthusiastic participant tonight.

I won't say no or deny him the cookie, because when he flips that script on me I am sure I won't like it or find it funny.

We are each other's responsibility...I do my best to make you happy and vice versa... And when I can't meet up I communicate it to you. I won't turn you down, buh if you respect my feelings enough, then you won't mount me either...

Your ideology of marriage is superb!! sincerely hope you find a partner as understanding as you ..

9 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by lalax(m): 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
kiss
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
No they don't.. are they dogs?
Your question sef ehnn

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Romanoff(f): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Husband and wife owe each other sex, however, when kids come into the picture, wisdom is needed.

You can't Expect a woman who has been up and about all day, taking care of the kids to still have energy for sex. That's why both husband and wife should co parent, no be the one wey the man go leave everything for house for the woman still expect her to fit function for bed.

Same with woman, when a man is down psychologically or money no dey, the man fit no reason bedroom matter.

8 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Colony7: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
I don't need to tell you my story, but just know this is a student that's entering the week with no hope of what to eat. All I ask is 1k to feed. That's my sincere heart:

Firstbank

God bless you.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by FutureIsFemale(f): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:
Bring kids into the picture, and often, one’s sex drive takes a nose dive. Especially for mothers.

Low libido is a very common issue for new mothers as they are healing from childbirth, grappling with fluctuating hormones and extreme sleep deprivation.

While we know adjusting to a new baby can profoundly impact a couple’s life (including sexual intimacy), we, as a society, act like it shouldn’t. We act like there’s something wrong with a new mother needing a timeout from sex.

New mothers who admit to having less sex drive are often met with people urging, “Just do it anyway,” and “You’ll get in the mood.”

But what if you don’t get in the mood, even when you take this advice? What then?

Why aren’t the feelings of the woman valid? Shouldn’t she be listening to her body? Her mind?

I’m not sure where we got this idea that a husband owns his wife’s vagina. Or that he is entitled to intercourse, MouthAction, handling, or groping. I’m pretty sure I didn’t see that covenant in the paperwork. But I have an inkling that this entitlement is very much based in misogyny and male privilege.

Men are led to believe, often since they are young boys, that women should have sex with them when they want it. Even when their wives are not “in the mood.” Because sex is the way he feels intimate. Sex is the way he connects. Because putting your husband’s sexual desires first is supposedly the best way to avoid divorce.

These antiquated and sexist designs for marriage are damaging to women.

When a married mom doesn’t put out, she’s called “cold” and “selfish” and the dreaded “bitch.” She’s told she must have “something else going on” mentally. Outsiders to the marriage, and maybe even therapists, will question if the wife was ever sexually assaulted. Does she have a history of trauma? They’ll try to make connections that aren’t there. Because how could a wife possibly not want to have sex with her husband?

It is sickening and horrific to think of a woman having sex against her will, married or not. It’s disgusting that we automatically assume something must be “wrong” with a woman who is having a gap in her groove. Beyond all that, it’s dangerous.

Suggesting that married women and mothers should just “do it anyway” is sexual bullying and coercion. If a husband acts on the “just do it anyway” cliché and forces it — that’s called rape.

When we attack married mothers for not putting out, we’re reaffirming once again what’s important in this society.

A man’s needs, not a woman’s. A man’s voice, not a woman’s voice.
No they don't.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Guzx: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
sex is a need not a want

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Ikea81: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:
Bring kids into the picture, and often, one’s sex drive takes a nose dive. Especially for mothers.

Low libido is a very common issue for new mothers as they are healing from childbirth, grappling with fluctuating hormones and extreme sleep deprivation.

While we know adjusting to a new baby can profoundly impact a couple’s life (including sexual intimacy), we, as a society, act like it shouldn’t. We act like there’s something wrong with a new mother needing a timeout from sex.

New mothers who admit to having less sex drive are often met with people urging, “Just do it anyway,” and “You’ll get in the mood.”

But what if you don’t get in the mood, even when you take this advice? What then?

Why aren’t the feelings of the woman valid? Shouldn’t she be listening to her body? Her mind?

I’m not sure where we got this idea that a husband owns his wife’s vagina. Or that he is entitled to intercourse, MouthAction, handling, or groping. I’m pretty sure I didn’t see that covenant in the paperwork. But I have an inkling that this entitlement is very much based in misogyny and male privilege.

Men are led to believe, often since they are young boys, that women should have sex with them when they want it. Even when their wives are not “in the mood.” Because sex is the way he feels intimate. Sex is the way he connects. Because putting your husband’s sexual desires first is supposedly the best way to avoid divorce.

When a married mom doesn’t put out, she’s called “cold” and “selfish” and the dreaded “bitch.” She’s told she must have “something else going on” mentally. Outsiders to the marriage, and maybe even therapists, will question if the wife was ever sexually assaulted. Does she have a history of trauma? They’ll try to make connections that aren’t there. Because how could a wife possibly not want to have sex with her husband?

It is sickening and horrific to think of a woman having sex against her will, married or not. It’s disgusting that we automatically assume something must be “wrong” with a woman who is having a gap in her groove. Beyond all that, it’s dangerous.

Suggesting that married women and mothers should just “do it anyway” is sexual bullying and coercion. If a husband acts on the “just do it anyway” cliché and forces it — that’s called rape.

When we attack married mothers for not putting out, we’re reaffirming once again what’s important in this society.

Low libido, low libido. Then why is she giving the neighbour when the husband goes to work. Abeg wives owe husband's sex o, three times daily , seven days weekly. Don't take any excuse men cos m on the loose o...if I catch iyabeji unsatisfied . Na you know o

10 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by alfred007(m): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
No. They owe each other love

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by anytexy: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:
OP...
Is it Everytime you feel like going to work?? I'm guessing, no,but yet you still go to work right?? Why?? Because the consequences of not doing so, out weighs the pleasure that comes with the"day off"...

I won't say anymore...
Hmmmmm
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
That is what side chicks and 2nd wives are for but these same women are the ones against side chicks and their husbands marrying another wife.

32 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by dxplora: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001:
If everyone starts to do things only when they're in the mood or only when it's owed. How do you think the world would be like.

What do you think will play out in the family if the man wakes up one morning and decides he's not funding the house for a whole month because he doesn't feel like, or not in the mood. Or decides that he needs to quit his job and get a break because he's depressed and stressed out.
He's been doing like 3 side hustles, plus his main job. Things he entirely doesn't feel like doing. He needs a break, but he's not taking it.

If a woman naturally turns cold. A reasonable man would understand. But most times women just use it to show defiance.
The same woman that has 3kids and now cold, is the same woman that will go and be feeling kinky with a colleague in the office. Even when the said colleague is not doing anything to attract her.

Have sex with your partner is one of the simple things someone would do if there's still a tiny bit of attraction left in the union.

Men do a lot of things that is actually against their will. They go through biological changes too. All those stuffs you wrote up there has a masculine version of it. But if everyone starts making a long case out of simple things just like you did. Then nothing will ever work out and happiness will elude everyone at the end.

I wonder how people think like this sef. Simple something undecided

A married woman with 2kids from this nairaland once told me that her husband is not giving her enough sex. That she wants it more now, than when she was without child. And she is a busy woman.
How come she's not cold?

You nailed it!!!

ON POINT.. . �

10 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Judybash93(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
We always want to side with behaviors related to hormones in women but when it comes to men, y'all wanna back out

17 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Solatium(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:

I sometimes wonder what runs through these woke generation minds when they dabble into what they know nothing about.

Who told you is the men that enjoys and initiate sex most all the time?
My friend clear this rubbish from your head until when you have live with a woman for at least 5yrs before you can give your opinion.

Single mothers film for town wey dem dey look for toto mechanic wey go service their engine,you dey talk rubbish for here base on ear say

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Theokolez: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
Stupid question from this gender again..
If men decide to abdicate their moral responsibilities because of mood swings or change in mental health,how would the world look like?

24 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by DMerciful(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nowadays women want to eat their cake and have it. Our forefathers, in their wisdom knew about women mood swings and how it affected sex vis-a-vis men's natural high sex drive, so they solved this by having multiple wives.

Christianity insisted on one man one wife and the women folk rushed and celebrated it wholeheartedly. Same Christianity says that the woman is meant to be sexually available to the man when required, some women are fighting it. They want to be selective on which part of Christianity they accept, such aberration!

A considerate man that wants to help the wife would have a sidechick to bear some of the sexual responsibility, but same woman who knows she can't keep up would be fighting.

The Op in her folly said it's her body and her choice and as such sex should only happen when she's in the mood which might realistically be once in a month. The question is why get married only to sexually starve your husband? Do you prepare your husband's food based on your own appetite? Marriage is about making sacrifice for overall happiness, if you're not willing to do the work then stay out of it.

Look at the picture the Op painted you'd think women do all the work in marriage yet they're the one that always insists on getting married esp if their partners are taking too much time.

Again, I insist that if you're not ready to do the work, let another woman do it to assist you or don't marry at all. No sex until marriage indeed! undecided

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Well... I think nobody owes any anything, I as d husband owes u no rent,no feeding money,no school fees etc... Well, na responsibility wey we find ourselves

13 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by buJu234: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Like someone once said.. time will come when marriage will be obsolete or unimportant..

B4 u can convinced guys and girls to remain virgin until marriage. Then in marriage they will Bleep eachother as they like.. now we re hearing rape cases btw husband and wife..

Then why the hype of keeping one's self and remaining faithful to one's wife

Food for thought sha..

4 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Gepheral: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:

These points you raised gladly justifies polygamy and worst case scenario, cheating! .. When you are not in the mood, another who may or may not be in the mood, is already tying just towel and waiting for action ..

What if when you as the woman is ready and the man tells you that he's not in the mood and wouldn't give you a chance to try and swing him into it? I bet you'd be super happy huh

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Susily(m): 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

Tell them, though I bet some will come and tell you its not rape in Nigeria.

There's nothing like spousal rape under the Nigerian law

7 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by bjtinz: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Theokolez:
Stupid question from this gender again..
If men decide to abdicate their moral responsibilities because of mood swings or change in mental health,how would the world look like?

Ding!!!
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Legendoo: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Woke people and complicated logic. grin

8 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Komu1048(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:

What I discovered about Simps like you is u try every means to make other men turn to simp and be dominated by women. U know what all the rubbish you typed have no place for us.

How should a woman have a say in sex, of all the things men pay to have is only women that will be claiming equality and say n simps like you unashamedly will join them. U can go back n continue washing ur madam pants

12 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by toujurs: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
DriverX:
This is where you'll find Nigerians... Typing novels about sex sex sex. Why won't your population skyrocket, simultaneously along with poverty? Keep fucking_.... Una eye go soon clear.
what's china, u.s and india population against Nigeria. Mismanagement of public funds is our problem not population.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by sammirano: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Another stupid reason for another woman to fail.
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by olanewton01(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
I'm not sure where we got this idea that a husband owns his wife’s vagina. Or that he is entitled to intercourse, MouthAction, handling, or groping. I’m pretty sure I didn’t see that covenant in the paperwork. But I have an inkling that this entitlement is very much based in misogyny and male privilege.

The same place you got the idea that it's the responsibility of a man to provide basic needs for his wife. Hence giving a woman an entitlement to man's pocket...

But I personally believes in understanding between couples through communication...

12 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Gepheral: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Klass99:

I am curious Mufasa, have you ever enjoyed sex with a reluctant and unwilling partner? Answer truthfully o!

@ Tobechi, you made valid points but so did Tickles001.

My personal ideology of marriage has always been two adults taking good care of each other. And that means in every way possible - sexually, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise.

In marriage, I believe our bodies belong to each other, it's about giving and receiving care, being there for the other person even when you don't feel like it, but they need you.

We owe each other sex, as well as respect, intimacy and more.....If I am tired and not in the mood, I will simply tell my man, I'm tired so bear with me if I don't bring my A Game to this show or I am not an active and enthusiastic participant tonight.

I won't say no or deny him the cookie, because when he flips that script on me I am sure I won't like it or find it funny.

Woman of Virtue! Some ladies nowadays are obsessed with Telemundo and the western lifestyle.. No wonder the high case of divorce here and there as compared to our parents.

No man wants any woman championing this naija nonsense style of feminism in his house. Many sef don't even understand the concept of feminism

One bottle of beer for you dear. You are a WIFE! Your husband would be proud!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / My Wife Gave Birth To SS, I’m AA And She Is AS – Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.