Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? (41566 Views)

How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Boss13: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Another feminist publication to absolve women of marital obligations. Marriage is responsibility and I know responsibility and accountability to a woman is cryptonite.

Women, there are days you don't feel like working but you drag yourself to work because you have an obligation. The same is with marriage.

Now, let's flip it - you want your husband to understand your sexual mood and will only have sex with him when you're in the heat of it. This is EXTREMELY selfish and inconsiderate in light of the fact that a man's sexual need is 4 -12 times higher than a woman's.

While it is understandable that a woman's libido is lower, consideration must be established that a man's libido is higher. If he is to express such understanding to only have sex with a woman when she wants it. Then such understanding should be extended to the man that he can have sex when he wants, but probably not with the wife.

Aha! The feminist movement will scream "I don't want a cheater". "I WILL DIVORCE HIM". Can these women see the irony, the selfishness, and despicable silliness. You cannot take care of your husband's sexual needs - agreed. Then let him take care of it. Stop pressuring men to become women. We are not women.

Men, if your wife is refusing to fulfill her part of her marital obligation and this includes satisfying you sexually, divorce her. If you do try to go get it outside, she will divorce you or be irritated by your mere presence. Such women are not ready for marriage. Let them remain single and die alone.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by DeRay98(m): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001

=107228417:

What fantastic response to this one-sided victims-playing write-up.
Kudos to...
If everyone starts to do things only when they're in the mood or only when it's owed. How do you think the world would be like.

What do you think will play out in the family if the man wakes up one morning and decides he's not funding the house for a whole month because he doesn't feel like, or not in the mood. Or decides that he needs to quit his job and get a break because he's depressed and stressed out.
He's been doing like 3 side hustles, plus his main job. Things he entirely doesn't feel like doing. He needs a break, but he's not taking it.

If a woman naturally turns cold. A reasonable man would understand. But most times women just use it to show defiance.
The same woman that has 3kids and now cold, is the same woman that will go and be feeling kinky with a colleague in the office. Even when the said colleague is not doing anything to attract her.

Have sex with your partner is one of the simple things someone would do if there's still a tiny bit of attraction left in the union.

Men do a lot of things that is actually against their will. They go through biological changes too. All those stuffs you wrote up there has a masculine version of it. But if everyone starts making a long case out of simple things just like you did. Then nothing will ever work out and happiness will elude everyone at the end.

I wonder how people think like this sef. Simple something undecided

A married woman with 2kids from this nairaland once told me that her husband is not giving her enough sex. That she wants it more now, than when she was without child. And she is a busy woman.
How come she's not cold?

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sex is an obligation both parties must be willing to engage in. A spouse can reconsider and pause things if the other half is sick or stressed out. You have no right whatsoever to starve your partner of sex without any valid reason. Sex should be something couples look forward to having but most times they see it (especially the women) as "oga should just do and come down).

You guys should spice things up. No matter how long you guys have been married, your partner should still yearn and even race down from work to samakwe with you.

Personally, as long as I and my partner spice up our sex life regularly, I 'd look forward to it every time except when things are not so alright.

9 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by wunmi590(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
Klass99:

I am curious Mufasa, have you ever enjoyed sex with a reluctant and unwilling partner? Answer truthfully o!

@ Tobechi, you made valid points but so did Tickles001.

My personal ideology of marriage has always been two adults taking good care of each other. And that means in every way possible - sexually, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise.

In marriage, I believe our bodies belong to each other, it's about giving and receiving care, being there for the other person even when you don't feel like it, but they need you.

We owe each other sex, as well as respect, intimacy and more.....If I am tired and not in the mood, I will simply tell my man, I'm tired so bear with me if I don't bring my A Game to this show or I am not an active and enthusiastic participant tonight.

I won't say no or deny him the cookie, because when he flips that script on me I am sure I won't like it or find it funny.

Well said

4 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Csami(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
Klass99:

I am curious Mufasa, have you ever enjoyed sex with a reluctant and unwilling partner? Answer truthfully o!

@ Tobechi, you made valid points but so did Tickles001.

My personal ideology of marriage has always been two adults taking good care of each other. And that means in every way possible - sexually, financially, emotionally, physically and otherwise.

In marriage, I believe our bodies belong to each other, it's about giving and receiving care, being there for the other person even when you don't feel like it, but they need you.

We owe each other sex, as well as respect, intimacy and more.....If I am tired and not in the mood, I will simply tell my man, I'm tired so bear with me if I don't bring my A Game to this show or I am not an active and enthusiastic participant tonight.

I won't say no or deny him the cookie, because when he flips that script on me I am sure I won't like it or find it funny.

Wife material 100 yards!

I'll love someone like you if I wasn't selfish

4 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Walkee: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:
We turn a blind eye when husbands pressure their wives for sex, because how could a husband demanding sex from his wife possibly be harassment? His sex drive is considered natural. His pleasure a given.

It’s not harassment when it’s your husband, right? Isn’t a sexually demanding husband normal? Aren’t they just Hot husbands? Don’t they all do it?

This type of erroneous thinking lends itself to less obvious assaults, manipulation, and even in some cases, violence.

But because it can be done in a marriage, it’s even deemed normal and acceptable.

Mismatched libidos among couples can be frustrating. I get it. But it’s also very normal and prevalent. So many factors can contribute to sex drive — external stressors in one’s environment, diet, sleep, medical issues, etc.

Postpartum women are given the green light to bone at six weeks after birthing a baby. Never mind the fact that pregnancy literally tears a woman’s body from limb to limb, molecule by molecule for nine solid months. Bah! You’re fine. Get back on the horse!

Never mind that a new mother may have had full abdominal surgery, in the form of a C-section. That doesn’t take immense healing or anything. Never mind episiotomies. Seriously? Are you looking for a pity party, postpartum women? We all know it’s super easy to heal when your vagina is ripped from front to back. If you don’t want sex after vaginal stitches, what’s wrong with you, women? 

Forget those postpartum haywire female hormones and sleep deprivation after giving birth. Those are just theories; that shit ain’t real!

Sarcasm aside, when a woman is out of the postpartum stage, her menstrual cycle returns. A period comes with its own set of hormone fluctuations that vary and change all month long.

If we all know a woman’s sex drive is largely impacted by biological elements beyond her control, why aren’t men more understanding? Why isn’t society more understanding?

Why are a man’s sexual needs the ones always tended to? What about what the women need? The mothers? What about the support they need to feel sexy?

Women are not only impacted by biology, but they are also sexually influenced by social and cultural factors in their environment. For example, married mothers tend to work the majority of the “second shift.” Second shift is the domestic work done at your shared home, after working your paid job all day.

Women are disproportionately scrubbing toilets. And we’re exhausted. Married moms are disproportionately handling matters related to childrearing. They are touched-out. How can a mom feel Hot when she’s doing most of the work? When she’s the one tending to the kids?

Instead of telling married mothers that they should do it anyway, even if they’re not in the mood, we should encourage men to do something that would contribute to a woman’s arousal.

For starters, men should respect a woman’s rejection. They should respect her body and her choices. They should respect consent. Consent still needs to be considered, even in a marriage.

A man’s actions, or inactions, in the household affect a woman’s arousal environment. We should expect married dads to pick up more of a woman’s second-shift duties. That means helping equally with parenting and domestic tasks.

From the outside, people who berate and belittle women for not satisfying the sexual needs of their husbands are bullies. They are unsupportive. Their unfair, and frankly, deeply flawed marital criticism is rooted in years of oppression against women.

No one, I repeat, no one should think it’s okay for a woman to have sex against her will. Not even with a spouse.
the exact reason all men should marry at least 3 wives. It has always worked until some Caucasian simps said it wasn't good

9 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by nurain150(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
Maryjane001:
Nobody owes the other sex. It is an obligation both parties must be willing to engage in. A spouse can reconsider and pause things if the other half is sick or stressed out.

Personally, as long as I and my partner spice up our sex life regularly, I 'd look forward to it every time except when things are not so alright.

if you say this, no body owes anybody financial obligation

6 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
DriverX:
This is where you'll find Nigerians... Typing novels about sex sex sex. Why won't your population skyrocket, simultaneously along with poverty? Keep fucking_.... Una eye go soon clear.

Have you also found what you are looking for grin. I guess you didn't read the topic that it's about sex before clicking. grin Nawa for you.

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Boss13: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Maryjane001:
Nobody owes the other sex. It is an obligation both parties must be willing to engage in. A spouse can reconsider and pause things if the other half is sick or stressed out.

I understand your writeup, but just want to highlight the contradiction. The word "Obligation" which you include mean - the act or course of action, or commitment an individual is morally or legally bound to do.

To translate - it means something an individual MUST do. So when you say nobody owes each other sex and it is an obligation both parties must engage in - that's the contradiction.

10 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by justli: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
If you want to be a feminist and keep with the "men are scum" narrative, by all means refrain from getting married.

"Marital duty" is a thing and an obligation for that matter. If your husband irritates and turn you off, my dear that's your personal problem find a way out because the poor man deserves sexual satisfaction.

I like to see how youd feel if you're on the side of the conversation and you husband rejects you everyday, months on end because, in his excuse , he is not in the mood.

Some of you have carried this western lifestyle too far, and the thing you don't realise is that this westerners, themselves have lost it and are struggling to find their identity.

The words of the bible is a compass that holds through regardless of civilization. Use it as your guide.

13 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Prenonjebose: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
A husband should not force his wife into having sex with him. A wife should not bring up issue of not in the mood every time inorder to score cheap matrimonial points or "teach him a lesson".

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by jornwhite: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001:
If everyone starts to do things only when they're in the mood or only when it's owed. How do you think the world would be like.

What do you think will play out in the family if the man wakes up one morning and decides he's not funding the house for a whole month because he doesn't feel like, or not in the mood. Or decides that he needs to quit his job and get a break because he's depressed and stressed out.
He's been doing like 3 side hustles, plus his main job. Things he entirely doesn't feel like doing. He needs a break, but he's not taking it.

If a woman naturally turns cold. A reasonable man would understand. But most times women just use it to show defiance.
The same woman that has 3kids and now cold, is the same woman that will go and be feeling kinky with a colleague in the office. Even when the said colleague is not doing anything to attract her.

Have sex with your partner is one of the simple things someone would do if there's still a tiny bit of attraction left in the union.

Men do a lot of things that is actually against their will. They go through biological changes too. All those stuffs you wrote up there has a masculine version of it. But if everyone starts making a long case out of simple things just like you did. Then nothing will ever work out and happiness will elude everyone at the end.

A married woman with 2kids from this nairaland once told me that her husband is not giving her enough sex. That she wants it more now, than when she was without child. And she is a busy woman.
How come she's not cold?

considering what i had in mind, bro you served it better. 3 gbosa for you

3 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by UncleJudax(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

Tell them, though I bet some will come and tell you its not rape in Nigeria.
this na for poor people or husbands wey de craze. When women many for outside.

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by tujays(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
I see sex as a game played between 2 couples, as a man it's a turn off for me to ask for sex, it comes naturally with any woman I am with coz I play games to get laid. sometimes I wonder how rapist are able to rape a woman without her consent. I cant get any aroused if a woman doesn't want me to penetrate her. If I want her, I just be romantically engaged with her and boom she gets hornyy and need a dlck. when she's not in the mood I automatically get turned off too. sometimes she might be hornyy and I play my self not to get hornyy. by then she will be needing me badly then after some few days I give it to her hot hot. why would you ask or beg for sex?? it's a big turn off... grin

3 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by descartes400: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001:

How come she's not cold?

Well said and I salute you!

3 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by temitimx19(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
DriverX:
This is where you'll find Nigerians... Typing novels about sex sex sex. Why won't your population skyrocket, simultaneously along with poverty? Keep fucking_.... Una eye go soon clear.
cheesy haba guy, this is too harsh na please give it to us slowly grin
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Boss13: 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
justli:
If you want to be a feminist and keep with the "men are scum" narrative, by all means refrain from getting married.

"Marital duty" is a thing and an obligation for that matter. If your husband irritates and turn you off, my dear that's your personal problem find a way out because the poor man deserves sexual satisfaction.

I like to see how youd feel if you're on the side of the conversation and you husband rejects you everyday, months on end because, in his excuse , he is not in the mood.

Some of you have carried this western lifestyle too far, and the thing you don't realise is that this westerners, themselves have lost it and are struggling to find their identity.

The words of the bible is a compass that holds through regardless of civilization. Use it as your guide.

Oh they are pushing the boundary and they will continue to push it. I live in the west and one major concern is liberal and progressive propaganda which have created weaker men and women despise weak men.

As you can see feminist are pushing for agenda that give rise to produce weak men they hate and won't elope with. Yet you see suckered men agreeing to confused propaganda that generates chaos.

A wife or traditional woman would not agreed to the nonsense publication because she understands men better and knows what marital obligations means. She also understands the risk of not fulfilling them because another traditional woman will occupying her space without a blink of an eye.

Currently in the west, the most single women are the ones with feminist ideology. These women who grow up and regret their past can't keep men. Also western men are no longer queuing up to marry western women. Let the silly Nigerian feminist pursue their agenda - the end game is there waiting....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Edavi234: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001:

How come she's not cold?

Sense no go kill you..

You are smart and mature..

The so-called OP is a child and needs to relearn life from scratch..

You don't generalise all women with the so-called points he is trying to drive at.. the situation differ from one woman to another..

Some desire sex even more when pregnant and with kids and some don't and some are still in between these scenarios..

When you follow your pregnant wife to antenatal, you'll find out that the matrons (women) will advise her to have more sex with her husband- which they say is good and very health for both mother and child..

7 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by McLizbae: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Husband and wife should go love themselves truly first jare!

If there is true love (which is actually very rare now) anywhere in that relationship, s/he doesn't need to tell you s/he is in mood or not, you will simply look at each and know if the mood is right or wrong, and if the mood is right, everything is mutually fired up, otherwise everybody is cold!

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Tonnyray: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
The answer is easier than you can imagine: polygamy.. oh but your selfish self won't allow that. And the whiteman says it's wrong. Clowns.
I suppose you believe the man is not entitled to provide for and protect his home only when he "feels" like it.
The most important things in life are not always done because we "feel" like it, they are done because they are essential to achieve a desired outcome.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Edavi234: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:
Women need to not marry pigs!

Like your dad and brother right?

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by jornwhite: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
bukatyne:

Let me flip the question:

Do husbands 'owe' their wives sex in marriage?

I believe it depends on the type of marriage contracted:

In Christianity, marriage is for the following (in no particular order):
1. Companionship
2. Prevent adultery aka access to godly sex
3. Raise godly children

To ensure number two is achieved, plenty Bible verses talk about husbands and wives sexually satisfying themselves. The key would be 1 Cor 7: 2 - 5:

So yes, husbands and wives owe themselves sex, companionship, support etc.

LOLzz ! All in the name of, i am educated/woke ... anybody can now propound life theories ... smh

You're doing fine

1 Like

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Lovelyperson(m): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Coming from a lady... i was force to say this.....

God bless you and give you good home.

bukatyne:

Let me flip the question:

Do husbands 'owe' their wives sex in marriage?

I believe it depends on the type of marriage contracted:

In Christianity, marriage is for the following (in no particular order):
1. Companionship
2. Prevent adultery aka access to godly sex
3. Raise godly children

To ensure number two is achieved, plenty Bible verses talk about husbands and wives sexually satisfying themselves. The key would be 1 Cor 7: 2 - 5:

So yes, husbands and wives owe themselves sex, companionship, support etc.

4 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by budaatum: 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Susily:

There's nothing like spousal rape under the Nigerian law

So please go ahead and rape your wife in Nigeria, but I'd strongly advise you get yourself a food taster if you expect her to continue cooking your meals because sniper is very cheap in Nigeria and is easily disguised in food.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by miracleedwards: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nice writeup I guess, while I agree that sex is and should be consenting, but it must be balance also that spouse shouldn't defraud themselves of this ingredient of being married. Also if the woman feel she can not meet up her partner sexual desires, drive and demands as the OP has mention "it wasn't in the document signed" please let the husband have more wives that can meet his sexual demands after all there is no prohibition in getting more wives to meet his desires so long he can cope also with the responsibilities that comes with it.

7 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Edavi234: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
DriverX:

Everybody should stay there lane..

Stay your lane make others stay there lane..

Let the government do there job..

As for sex, that one nah constant till the day of Christ

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by KayCee92(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lol, wahala everywhere grin grin
Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by budaatum: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Edavi234:

Like your dad and brother right?

Don't you think I'd clean my own home first before bothering about cleaning your's.

Thankfully, I didn't need to bother about cleaning mine since my father was a decent respecting man who brought his son and daughter up in his own image.

I got the below from him.

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by efficiencie(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
tobechi20:
Bring kids into the picture, and often, one’s sex drive takes a nose dive. Especially for mothers.

Low libido is a very common issue for new mothers as they are healing from childbirth, grappling with fluctuating hormones and extreme sleep deprivation.

While we know adjusting to a new baby can profoundly impact a couple’s life (including sexual intimacy), we, as a society, act like it shouldn’t. We act like there’s something wrong with a new mother needing a timeout from sex.

New mothers who admit to having less sex drive are often met with people urging, “Just do it anyway,” and “You’ll get in the mood.”

But what if you don’t get in the mood, even when you take this advice? What then?

Why aren’t the feelings of the woman valid? Shouldn’t she be listening to her body? Her mind?

I’m not sure where we got this idea that a husband owns his wife’s vagina. Or that he is entitled to intercourse, MouthAction, handling, or groping. I’m pretty sure I didn’t see that covenant in the paperwork. But I have an inkling that this entitlement is very much based in misogyny and male privilege.

Men are led to believe, often since they are young boys, that women should have sex with them when they want it. Even when their wives are not “in the mood.” Because sex is the way he feels intimate. Sex is the way he connects. Because putting your husband’s sexual desires first is supposedly the best way to avoid divorce.

These antiquated and sexist designs for marriage are damaging to women.

When a married mom doesn’t put out, she’s called “cold” and “selfish” and the dreaded “bitch.” She’s told she must have “something else going on” mentally. Outsiders to the marriage, and maybe even therapists, will question if the wife was ever sexually assaulted. Does she have a history of trauma? They’ll try to make connections that aren’t there. Because how could a wife possibly not want to have sex with her husband?

It is sickening and horrific to think of a woman having sex against her will, married or not. It’s disgusting that we automatically assume something must be “wrong” with a woman who is having a gap in her groove. Beyond all that, it’s dangerous.

Suggesting that married women and mothers should just “do it anyway” is sexual bullying and coercion. If a husband acts on the “just do it anyway” cliché and forces it — that’s called rape.

When we attack married mothers for not putting out, we’re reaffirming once again what’s important in this society.

A man’s needs, not a woman’s. A man’s voice, not a woman’s voice.

The woman owes the man nothing and the man owes the woman nothing...so everyone should be allowed to do whatever they like irrespective of who gets offended!

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by buzorcharles(m): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tickles001:

How come she's not cold?

May my God continue to bless u with more wisdom. U just bared my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by Angrymode: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
OP, are you saying sex should only happen when a woman wants it?

What is this world turning into these days? Must everything go the way of women?

Allow men to marry multiple wives so that when you are not in the mood perhaps another might be - NO.

I'm not saying men shouldn't be considerate to women's feelings and mood but women should also be considerate to the needs of their men.

Another solution to this problem is for women to accept sidechicks for their men who are willing to always help satisfy their men whenever they want.

9 Likes

Re: Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? by muheeb01(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
Definitely they do,it's inside qur'an and bible abi no be so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / My Wife Refused To Block The Guy She Cheated With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.