Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,255 members, 7,780,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Role Does One Play In This Regard?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Role Does One Play In This Regard?? (295 Views)

Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. / How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? / How Does One Become An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Role Does One Play In This Regard?? by Sermwell(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2021
Please I need some inputs on this matter. One of my clients owns a church( He is a Bishop) and has invited me to thier annual thanksgiving ceremony as FATHER OF THE DAY grin. An envelope was handed to me which I don't have any problem putting 'something' in it that day.
The problem is that I'm not a very religious person and have never attended such event before! My questions here are;
(a) What role am I supposed to play?
(b) What am I supposed to say on that day?
(c) How much do you think I should give in the envelope as father of the day? grin
Re: What Role Does One Play In This Regard?? by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 01, 2021
Don't stress too much. You don't really have any role to play other than sit and watch

Just drop a very short speech if you're called up, in this order..

"Praise the Lord!

"Its an honor and a privilege to be made the Father of the day on this great occasion.
I want to use this medium to appreciate and say thank you to the organizers of this wonderful occasion and everyone present here today.

Thank you all."

You can modify the speech though. This just a rough draft.

Then give them a check in the envelope. Na you know how much you go write on the check based on your clients worth.
Re: What Role Does One Play In This Regard?? by Ynix(m): 9:55am On Nov 01, 2021
Sermwell:
Please I need some inputs on this matter. One of my clients owns a church( He is a Bishop) and has invited me to thier annual thanksgiving ceremony as FATHER OF THE DAY grin. An envelope was handed to me which I don't have any problem putting 'something' in it that day.
The problem is that I'm not a very religious person and have never attended such event before! My questions here are;
(a) What role am I supposed to play?
(b) What am I supposed to say on that day?
(c) How much do you think I should give in the envelope as father of the day? grin
When you are in Rome pretend to be a Roman, except you don't want your client to be a customer dadani again
Re: What Role Does One Play In This Regard?? by Sermwell(m): 10:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Mercychen:
Don't stress too much.

Just drop a very short speech.

Praise the Lord!

"Its an honor and a privilege to be made the father of this great occasion.
I want to use this medium to appreciate and say thank you to the organizers of this womderful occasion and everyone present here today.

Thank you all."

You can modify the speech to suit your personality.

Then give them a check in the envelope. Na you know hiw much you go write on the check based on your clients worth.

This is good! But won't there be some sort of bible preaching from me? Or some sort of fatherly advice when I'm not even married??
Re: What Role Does One Play In This Regard?? by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2021
Sermwell:

This is good! But won't there be some sort of bible preaching from me? Or some sort of fatherly advice when I'm not even married??

No. If there's going to be such, then the bishop would have informed you and given you a topic to speak on. I don't think so.
It's usually your presence and your vote of thanks is needed. Then of course, your contribution. (money.).

Though you can add a short opening prayer. That is if you're there from the beginning of the program which you might want to skip. But if you're called up in the middle of the ceremony then no need for that.

Anyways, if they need you to pray. They'll tell you. Like, let our father of the day lead us in the opening prayers. You'll be guided. Don't fret.

(1) (Reply)

The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 12. / Does The Church Owe You Anything Financially? / FLEE SEXUAL IMMORALITY: It Is The Spirit Of The Devil By Pst Paul Rika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.