Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1039290 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (627) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Miredo(f): 7:12am On Nov 11, 2021
PanicButton:
Hi guys,

After my issued PPR, and with my VO being Ottawa:

1. Can I send to any Visa office for my COPR to be issued or must it be Ottawa.
2. Do I go straight to DHL to transmit the documents to the designated Visa office.
3. I see something about transmission fee on my letter. When is it to be paid, and how do I go about it.

I need help with the process. My location is Abuja.
I would appreciate your assistance. Thanks.

This is the process to send your passport to Accra:
Submitting passport(s) to Accra VFS without using Lagos VFS. Good luck and congrats again on your PPR.

Gather all documents required by IRCC and VFS Accra:

1. International Passport(s)

2. 2 Passport Photographs (see further instructions below in addendum 1)

3. Passport Request Letter (aka ready for visa mail)

4. Duly filled Height and Eye Colour Chart. (A single form containing details for every member of the family)

5. IMM008 for those with a change in family composition (by a birth, death, marriage or divorce, etc)

6. 1 CVAC form. With only page 2 filled in by PA. Do not fill pages 3 & 4. Also advisable to fill in Caps. Ink color doesn't matter.

7. Payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 415 to ( paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 2 below)

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,

Info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
+233 50 129 5270

VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Addendum 1.
-2 recent passport photos per person.
-Not older than 6 months
-In Canadian PR dimension (refer to photo chart)
-1 detailed copy with the name and DOB of the person at the back. Below that, write or stamp the Name
& address of photo studio with date photo was taken.
-A second copy for each person is left plain

Addendum 2:
Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744
Address;
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)

Payment can be made through any family or friend resident in Ghana. There are also agents who can help with this if neccesary.

Other Things to note:

1. Get your tracking number and monitor on DHL tracker till its recieved by Vfs gh
2. Wait for the VFS tracking details— they will give you update on when it will be sent to IRCC and when it will be returned to you
3. Wait for the return of your passport— VFS also uses DHL to return— you don't pay for it, it's included in the GHC 415

28 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lahun: 7:32am On Nov 11, 2021
That's why Africa will never move forward. I once asked someone how she managed to immigrate to Toronto, and guess what she told me? 'Go to IRCC website, download the form and apply'.

Kolizomanizo:
House wey no be ur own, u wan close the door. Hmmmmm.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2021
Lahun:
That's why Africa will never move forward. I once asked someone how she managed to immigrate to Toronto, and guess what she told me? 'Go to IRCC website, download the form and apply'.
She say download form. Lmao grin wink I can’t stop laughing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cube2nerdy: 9:53am On Nov 11, 2021
Hello guys

I intend to use my NYSC experience in applying for PR via express entry. The problem is I do not have any pay records of either the federal allowance or the allowance I received from the state government. My PPA was a state government school. Will having only a reference letter be sufficient?

Please share your thoughts and experiences
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2021
Hello guys.

I recently got my ITA from the latest PNP draw.

I tried booking a date for medical when I realized there's no available date again this year.

how else can I go about this?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by livviee: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2021
Hello all. Please what's the procedure to send passport to vfs Abuja and how much is the transmission fee? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

She say download form. Lmao grin wink I can’t stop laughing

There are two ways to this. When I started my I application I mentioned it to an aunt of mine. I later heard rumors of my cousin saying I am not forthcoming with information on relocation to Canada. I reached out to him and asked him if we had ever discussed about Canada warranting such statement. I also reminded him that I have never been to canada but in case he is interested he needs to start by writing IELTS, evaluating his results, creating a profile on express entry. I basically told him all I did. Till date he has not even done the most basic (evaluation of result).

On the other hand, there are some people who are go-getters and work on information at their disposal while some are lazy and will want you to do everything for them

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
tshtsh:

There are two ways to this. When I started my I application I mentioned it to an aunt of mine. I later heard rumors of my cousin saying I am not forthcoming with information on relocation to Canada. I reached out to him and asked him if we had ever discussed about Canada warranting such statement. I also reminded him that I have never been to canada but in case he is interested he needs to start by writing IELTS, evaluating his results, creating a profile on express entry. I basically told him all I did. Till date he has not even done the most basic (evaluation of result).

On the other hand, there are some people who are go-getters and work on information at their disposal while some are lazy and will want you to do everything for them
I agree with you on the above, simple research will give information and that’s what led everyone to nairaland. If anyone just sat around waiting for answers without putting the efforts well of course agents will help out at a huge sum.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adex2442: 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
A friend currently has 3m. Will it be okay as pof?? Must the pof be available in the bank account??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kolizomanizo:
Hmmmm, its really fraustrating.. I feel ur pain. The hope of crs point dropping to 480 even if ircc decide to do fsw draw today is not visible.
Why dont you look at the option of TEF. Its nt easy thou.. or u take another ielts and wait a little more till score reduces after 2-3 draws. Just worried on your behalf. Can you check for possible PNP's? It is well with all of us oo

At the bold, why do you think it is not feasible?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

At the bold, why do you think it is not feasible?

I don't know where they get their predictions from. Some of us have way less than that CRS and still very hopefully and that one is there telling someone with 480 there is no hope. Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nini101(f): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
[quote author=Lahun post=107512033]That's why Africa will never move forward. I once asked someone how she managed to immigrate to Toronto, and guess what she told me? 'Go to IRCC website, download the form and apply'.
quote]

Some Nigerians are funny, she will be shocked to hear you are in Canada. That's why I really appreciate this thread, where we can get the help we need (I've been a silent reader).
My sister who lives in Canada told me Brampton, Ontario is dominated by Indians. My point is, you see Indians helping each other migrate, but why can't we do the same? This 'I no want my neighbor progress pass me' attitude, I wonder where it would take us to. Smh

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lasignor(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Miredo:

Submitting passport(s) to Accra VFS without using Lagos VFS. Good luck and congrats again on your PPR.

4. Duly filled Height and Eye Colour Chart. (A single form containing details for every member of the family)

5. IMM008 for those with a change in family composition (by a birth, death, marriage or divorce, etc)

6. 1 CVAC form. With only page 2 filled in by PA. Do not fill pages 3 & 4. Also advisable to fill in Caps. Ink color doesn't matter.

7. Payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 405 to ( paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 2 below)

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,

+233 50 129 5270

Addendum 1.
-Not older than 6 months
-1 detailed copy with the name and DOB of the person at the back. Below that, write or stamp the Name

Addendum 2:
Bank details:
Address;

Payment can be made through any family or friend resident in Ghana. There are also agents who can help with this if neccesary.

Other Things to note:

1. Get your tracking number and monitor on DHL tracker till its recieved by Vfs gh
2. Wait for the VFS tracking details— they will give you update on when it will be sent to IRCC and when it will be returned to you
3. Wait for the return of your passport— VFS also uses DHL to return— you don't pay for it, it's included in the GHC 405
Fee is now 415GHS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Queenhadassah: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
overlord77:

I don't know where they get their predictions from. Some of us have way less than that CRS and still very hopefully and that one is there telling someone with 480 there is no hope. Hmmm

Ignore that person, typical Nigerian mentality just because he has a crs score of above 480 he wants to dash the hope of others with lower crs scores. The last crs cut-off for FSW which was in December 2020 was 468, so what that dude is insinuating is that when FSW resumes the crs cut off will be 480 something, just imagine!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
Miredo:

7. Payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 405 to ( paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 2 below)

Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,

+233 50 129 5270

Addendum 1.
-Not older than 6 months

Addendum 2:
Bank details:
Address;

Other Things to note:

3. Wait for the return of your passport— VFS also uses DHL to return— you don't pay for it, it's included in the GHC 405

Thanks for such a detailed response. I just submitted my package to UPS in Abuja to deliver to the VFS in Abuja. I didn't pay any fee aside the courier sum. Do you have any idea on how I could ascertain the actual transmission fee to be paid to the VFS in Abuja. For added info, I did my biometrics in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mercyof: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
I noticed a trend, the lowest qualifying score for ITA has been 700 and above this past months, seeing these numbers is giving me goose bumps, i am still trying to achieve 500 and here i am seeing the lowest as 700 plus. they just keep raising the bar higher and higher.
who are the people having these 700 and above self?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by brownsucre1: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
Omo! And I’m just about writing IELTS. Holy Spirit take control

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Samuelobiora19(m): 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
Mercyof:
I noticed a trend, the lowest qualifying score for ITA has been 700 and above this past months, seeing these numbers is giving me goose bumps, i am still trying to achieve 500 and here i am seeing the lowest as 700 plus. they just keep raising the bar higher and higher.
who are the people having these 700 and above self?

Be Calming down...Those are scores for people who got provincial nominations, PNP gives you extra 600points..I would remember looking forward to my 30th Birthday, but now I am clutching unto 29 like say na oxygen...

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
PanicButton:

Thanks for such a detailed response. I just submitted my package to UPS in Abuja to deliver to the VFS in Abuja. I didn't pay any fee aside the courier sum. Do you have any idea on how I could ascertain the actual transmission fee to be paid to the VFS in Abuja. For added info, I did my biometrics in Abuja.

You don't pay transmission fee since you had your biometrics there

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
Queenhadassah:

Ignore that person, typical Nigerian mentality just because he has a crs score of above 480 he wants to dash the hope of others with lower crs scores. The last crs cut-off for FSW which was in December 2020 was 468, so what that dude is insinuating is that when FSW resumes the crs cut off will be 480 something, just imagine!
Depending on the Statistics of scores in the pool right now and due to lack of general draws for 11 months now and depending on the number of people they’re going to invite per draw , the first general draw will surely be a crs score of above 480.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Queenhadassah: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Depending on the Statistics of scores in the pool right now and due to lack of general draws for 11 months now and depending on the number of people they’re going to invite per draw , the first general draw will surely be a crs score of above 480.

Thanks for the information IRCC

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Adex2442:
A friend currently has 3m. Will it be okay as pof?? Must the pof be available in the bank account??

With the current exchange rate, N3m is not going to cut it for a single person. N4.2 - 4.5 will be enough considering exchange rate fluctuations. for

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Charles61: 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please guys, where I am currently, biometric center isn't available. However, is it possible I do it online or I travel to Nigeria for the biometric?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
Queenhadassah:

Thanks for the information IRCC
Madam, I am not IRCC neither did I say I was in my previous post. Last year there were no draws for several months , look at the first general draw points , the stats of candidates in the pool and how the draw points gradually dropped after pulling out the high numbers from the first four draws.
We can educate ourselves by simply looking at the statistics of candidates in the pool after every ministerial instruction declaring a draw , that way we all have an idea of what it’ll look like, it’s not bad belle or rocket science, I’m in the 460’s range and I like to be realistic even though a miracle can happen.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Iyamefa: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Studio24

Thanks Debbie, I didn’t know studio 24 is now in benin. Appreciate the help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Charles61:
Please guys, where I am currently, biometric center isn't available. However, is it possible I do it online or I travel to Nigeria for the biometric?

Thanks
You can’t get your biometrics done online, you’ll have to do it in person.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Iyamefa:

Thanks Debbie, I didn’t know studio 24 is now in benin. Appreciate the help
Please check their website to be sure, I suggested them because they have many branches and they understand the assignment without stress. I know they’re in Asaba but I’m unsure of a Benin location.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Iyamefa: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
Dimple10:

With the current exchange rate, N3m is not going to cut it for a single person. N4.2 - 4.5 will be enough considering exchange rate fluctuations. for
This exchange rate issue is serious. This was the POF required for a family of 2 in 2017 smh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Iyamefa: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Please check their website to be sure, I suggested them because they have many branches and they understand the assignment without stress. I know they’re in Asaba but I’m unsure of a Benin location.

Alright thank you. I know they understand the assignment, I used their services in Lagos back in 2017 when I got ppr. Will check as adviced. Thanks again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Charles61: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Charles61:

@Debbieeeee.
Thanks so much for the rapid response.
Eventually, could you please elaborate it more ? How to go about it or any link.
Please I won't want to make any mistake.

Thanks so much once again for your kindness
You’ll have to go on the vfs website, book an appointment for the biometrics and attend the appointment in person on the date and time you choose. Check the letter sent to you for locations close to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (627) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: tensazangetsu20(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.