Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1032635 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (625) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
ChiefVal:
hello, please since you don’t need to pay for 2-way delivery of your passport, where do you inform them of your return address?

Hi
On page 2 of the CVAC consent form which you're to fill, there's provision to provide home address, email, phone number etc.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2022
hizzylife:
Will Canada start FSW draws ever again? This silence is deafening. The wait is not funny again o. I'm so fixated on this process and country. Hope is gradually slipping away. #sigh

Don't lose hope. Draws for FSW is predicted to resume by the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2022. Canada still need lots more immigrants. The process may change, but the need will still be there. Don't just wait though. Explore other options as well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
lga23:
Hello house, Please can anyone point me to how I can send my passport to Accra vfs? Thank you.

Hi
Check the last post on page 140

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by icehot: 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
navidennis:

Yes it did, i have two accounts one for my saving and the other is my salary account, the one i provided was my savings account where i have the POF. I think that could have been the reason for this. do i have a chance to appeal this?

Yes, you have a chance to appeal and I hope it works out for you.

Did you use your savings account (POF) to prove employment? Remember, there are about 3 items we can use to prove employment, did you use like 2 or 3 of them?

Also, does the company you work for have an online presence?

Try to document your payslips (if possible, from first to current one), letter of employment, promotion letter (if any), anything at all to prove your point, with a good LOE even.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by navidennis: 10:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
GraciousWords:

And the employment letter contained everything in the screenshot?
It did not, don't know how i missed this information. i am devastated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by RektGeo: 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
Just wanted to update that I decided to go with a sales deed of an asset I own and a good LOE. My profile has now been updated to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" so I'm guessing I have passed the POF check. Hopefully!!!!

GraciousWords:

The officer has worded the ADR in such a way that I don't think you can get away with anything other than what tshtsh already suggested.

Unless you have another account where money has been sitting, you will need to use a gift deed, explain the money is a gift and hope for the best.

Other option is to sell an asset that can give you the money e.g. car but that only solves for current source of funds not previous gift deed....taking us back to the 50/50 chance.

You may decide to include an LOE about spending the previous gift on a personal emergency being necessitated by COVID if that is the case..... but this LOE may resonate with one VO and another VO may simply not care.....again 50/50.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 12:39am On Apr 15, 2022
Quick one guys…Asking for a friend…

Her international passport is still valid till January 2023, however she got married sometime last year and has done name change so she applied for a new passport very recently(expedited/fast tracked). The issue is she just got PPR today so she wants confirmation on whether she can send the old one for CoPR and whenever the new one comes, she’ll attach both and travel without issues or should she wait for the new one and send to Accra.

Cc @graciousword, ednut1, lotusgoddess ati bebelo smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 12:42am On Apr 15, 2022
Incase nobody answered, studio 24 is good for canada style passport picture.
charlesu69:
Hello House,

Please i just received the attached email and want to confirm if this is PPR.

I particular about step 1 cos i have sent webforms to indicate my newborn and my profile has been updated to include my baby. i also proactively sent all the documents for my baby when my ADR for schedule A, PCC and POF were requested. The status for additional documents currently reads "not applicable". My question is, should i ignore the step 1 and submit all passports?

Also, i live in lagos, which VO would be advisable to send my passports to?

Lastly, there is also a request to take passport photographs at a commercial studio. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 12:44am On Apr 15, 2022
emmadeking:
I am waiting for NASU to call off its strick to start my WES. From what I read on wes site, no such thing as WAEC (for B.Sc evaluatton) again but I want to confirm before I proceed. I want to evaluate my B.Sc and PGD.

No need for waec, send both pgd and bsc to wes for 2 or more certificates evaluation

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:04am On Apr 15, 2022
RektGeo:
Just wanted to update that I decided to go with a sales deed of an asset I own and a good LOE. My profile has now been updated to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" so I'm guessing I have passed the POF check. Hopefully!!!!

Sounds like good news. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:11am On Apr 15, 2022
Dimple10:

Her international passport is still valid till January 2023, however she got married sometime last year and has done name change so she applied for a new passport very recently(expedited/fast tracked). The issue is she just got PPR today so she wants confirmation on whether she can send the old one for CoPR and whenever the new one comes, she’ll attach both and travel without issues or should she wait for the new one and send to Accra.

See here: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/84#110341701

It's usually not an issue according to the word on the street....if new and old passport have same name.

Hope your friend has not complicated things by renewing with a new name. Will IRCC not be asking for change of name document either now if she sends a webform to advise of new passport or at the border when she is landing?

If it were me, since expiry is still far out, I'll send only my current passport to VFS, and forget about any new passport till after I land.

Just an opinion, have not seen or read about this exact scenario before.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChiefVal: 1:15am On Apr 15, 2022
Thank you.
I forgot to ask, if you are a family of 2, do you need 2 cvac consent forms? Or is 1 from the PA enough?
MrPein:

Hi
On page 2 of the CVAC consent form which you're to fill, there's provision to provide home address, email, phone number etc.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChiefVal: 1:22am On Apr 15, 2022
Usually when you apply for a new Nigerian passport, the old one is cancelled without prejudice and automatically invalid regardless of the validity on it. Let her check the middle of her passport and see they should have stamped cancelled without prejudice, so I’m not sure she can still use it.
Dimple10:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:43am On Apr 15, 2022
ChiefVal:
Usually when you apply for a new Nigerian passport, the old one is cancelled without prejudice and automatically invalid regardless of the validity on it. Let her check the middle of her passport and see they should have stamped cancelled without prejudice, so I’m not sure she can still use it.

She has applied but it hasn’t been issued yet. Capture is pending.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aibisoye0: 5:07am On Apr 15, 2022
Hello house,

Anyone with updates on London VO on visa stamping?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by charlesu69: 6:01am On Apr 15, 2022
Hi, please whats the difference in processing times between VFS Lagos and Accra?
MrPein:

Hi
Check the last post on page 140

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:03am On Apr 15, 2022
RektGeo:

Wow this is good news, congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CountVersailles(f): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2022
tombeck:
Good evening my nairaland family...

Please I need a guide on the Canada fsw.

Our point is low...

Hubby 35, BSc, MSc, engineering, 5years work experience

Wife 35, Hnd, computer science, 7years work experience.

No personal fund for POF but we have sponsors

Married with two kids.

How can we get a ppr?

Thank you
Go and read page 1

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CountVersailles(f): 6:51am On Apr 15, 2022
Dimple10:

I really wonder what she was changing name for. That was unnecessary.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 7:30am On Apr 15, 2022
charlesu69:
Hi, please whats the difference in processing times between VFS Lagos and Accra?

The processing time for Vfs Lagos is about 6/7 weeks. Vfs Lagos sends to Accra vfs for processing. So by sending directly to Accra, you're reducing the processing time by about 2 weeks. 2 weeks being the time it takes Vfs lagos to send your file to Accra.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2022
navidennis:

It did not, don't know how i missed this information. i am devastated.

1. Get a new ref letter from your employer dated Tuesday after Easter. Make sure it includes all IRCC has asked for in the screenshot. Duties that match your NOC, pay, hours worked, full time etc

2. Add payslips for 2 or 3 months for each year

3. Add SOA highlighting the payment of salary to your account, you could use the same sample in number 2 above.

4. Add annual goals or appraisals

5.Add email exchanges with employer domain name showing you worked there and still work there. Maybe one for each year.

6. Put yourself in VOS shoes and try and think of anything else that could show your employment is genuine and meets IRCC conditions.

7.Send by webform multiple times, by many direct emails to your VO and in placeholder if there is one. Hope and pray for the best.

To others, please save yourself heartache and follow the checklists provided by IRCC.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 8:32am On Apr 15, 2022
ChiefVal:
Thank you.
I forgot to ask, if you are a family of 2, do you need 2 cvac consent forms? Or is 1 from the PA enough?

You'll need two cvac forms. One for each family member. PA should fill and sign for minors if there are any

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 8:50am On Apr 15, 2022
tombeck:
Good evening my nairaland family...

Please I need a guide on the Canada fsw.

Our point is low...

Hubby 35, BSc, MSc, engineering, 5years work experience

Wife 35, Hnd, computer science, 7years work experience.

No personal fund for POF but we have sponsors

Married with two kids.

How can we get a ppr?

Thank you

The both of you should write ielts and do your ECA, whoever is your sponsor should gift you the money and send to any of your accounts now (the earlier the better), enter the pool with what you have, hopefully you'll be selected by a province (fingerscrossed) then while you're waiting, you can consider learning French to boost your score for hubby.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2022
Dimple10:

She has applied but it hasn’t been issued yet. Capture is pending.

If she hasn't captured, she can ask them if her request can be cancelled. I think that should be possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vivienne01(f): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2022
navidennis:
Please i need your advice i got a rejection mail, key highlight 'I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) a) because you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in your application. More specifically I am not satisfied you have provided sufficient evidence to support your employment at ****. As a result, the calculation of your period of skilled work experience has been adjusted accordingly. This adjustment has resulted in a drop in your period of continuous skilled work experience in your primary occupation to a period of less than one year.
How do i appeal as i have several pay slips to confirm my employment status.

Provide all the payslips, bank statement, reference letter clearly stating that you still work there and also write a letter of explanation for the documents provided and raise a Web form. If they are satisfied, your account will be opened again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2022
CountVersailles:

I really wonder what she was changing name for. That was unnecessary.
. Please!!! I take God and whatever else you believe in beg you, avoid quoting or responding to my post. Lets not be unfortunate…love and light.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:43am On Apr 15, 2022
Lotusgoddess:

If she hasn't captured, she can ask them if her request can be cancelled. I think that should be possible.

Hmmm…owo jona!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 11:15am On Apr 15, 2022
Dimple10:

Hmmm…owo jona!!

Lol, I don't understand this but I'm thinking it's related to money. I think she shouldn't consider the money lost but avoid delay and complication, she should withdraw, IMO. I've also wasted money in this journey but at the end, leaving this "trenches" is the goal.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
Dimple10:
. Please!!! I take God and whatever else you believe in beg you, avoid quoting or responding to my post. Lets not be unfortunate…love and light.
Leeeeeeeeemaoooooooooo

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by angrybutsane(f): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
Dimple10:

That person na cow o .No mind am . Never seen this kind of frustrated human being before . Na evil spirit o. Just ignore am .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Smithsonian12: 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hi Hi,
Please can you help clarify the following. I noticed the PPR emails people receive contain minute differences and can request slightly varying data or forms

1. Did you pay the RPRF upfront? If yes, when sending your documents after PPR, did you attach the receipt of the RPRF? Kindly see attached screenshot...I had paid RPRF upfront when submitting my application so I didn't bother going back to print and add the receipt

2. After mailing through DHL, any idea how long it'll take for VFS to confirm that they've received your package or what's the next likely step to track progress?

MrPein:

Yeah. You're required to pay the transmission fees. See details below:

This is the process to send your passport to Accra:
Submitting passport(s) to Accra VFS without using Lagos VFS.

Gather all documents required by IRCC and VFS Accra. Including payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 405 to ( paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 1 below)

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,
Info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
+233 50 129 5270

VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Addendum 1:
Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744
Address;
(cvac operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)

Payment can be made through any family or friend resident in Ghana. There are also agents who can help with this if neccesary.

Other Things to note:
1. Get your tracking number and monitor on DHL tracker till its recieved by Vfs gh
2. Wait for the VFS tracking details— they will give you update on when it will be sent to IRCC and when it will be returned to you
3. Wait for the return of your passport— VFS also uses DHL to return— you don't pay for it, it's included in the GHC 405

Credit: Miredo

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
icehot:

Creating an account/entering the pool and submitting an application are 2 different things. From your write-up, you did not submit an application, you only created a profile, you should be OK.

Thanks.i just entered the pool,dint submit an application. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (625) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2023Blessed and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.