Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1040860 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (628) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pascal122: 3:54pm On May 12, 2022
@GraciousWords

So I read the first page extensively and even realized that I can also combine NOC. I think I can also use NOC 5121 since I have been doing content writing for years, and even worked briefly as a sports writer with a popular Nigerian media company. I'm opening the profile tomorrow, is there a place where I can select two NOC (0124, and 5121) from two different skills (skill 0 and A) while signing up?

However, my concern is the educational background requirements. I studied human physiology, which literally can't be practiced in Nigeria. I went here noc.esdc.gc.ca and went through each NOC requirements. I sometimes see a degree in marketing as usually required. So is the educational background important when it comes to choosing an NOC, I just need to clarify?

Please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 4:05pm On May 12, 2022
Dimple10:
where did you order from, lemme know whether to forget about my own notes too

I used caips. When did you order?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mummyDsquare: 4:37pm On May 12, 2022
Dear House please I need to understand something. Please is there anyone who has received their medical reports from IOM and any of the result parameters showed "Abnormal" ? Does it affect anything or will it affect one getting their medicals passed? IOM said they had sent our report and forwarded a copy to us and everything on my report shows normal but my spouse's Serum Creatinine shows "Abnormal" the figure there was 71ml .... He has gone for another follow up serum creatinine test on his own and was told with his results that his level is normal. With that out of the way, please I want to know if there's anyone who has had any parameter "Abnormal" and still got medicals passed since its neither syphilis nor tuberculosis or mental illness. Abeg someone help with an answer so I can get clarity. thank you and God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 4:42pm On May 12, 2022
Pascal122:

Thank you. I've extensively read on the self-employment proof of work experience. The contract with the Asian company listed me as a third-party content writer.

Also, most of the people who opted for self employed proof of work experience used CAC documents, and tax documents. Thing is... I don't have any. I have work with my friends small business and done short term content marketing gigs for them.

What kind of documents do I need then?

Referrals from your customers will help. I remember one PPR story in a previous part on this thread of a self-employed dude who repaired computers at Computer Village (?). If I remember correctly, he used references from his customers. Sadly, I can't remember the moniker or the part but if you've got a few hours to spare, why not skim through all the PPR's linked on page 1 of previous threads for that story because it might be relevant to your experience? I mean, what's a few more hours in this journey going to cost you? I'd suggest you focus on parts 2 - 7. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2022
Pascal122:
@GraciousWords

So I read the first page extensively and even realized that I can also combine NOC. I think I can also use NOC 5121 since I have been doing content writing for years, and even worked briefly as a sports writer with a popular Nigerian media company. I'm opening the profile tomorrow, is there a place where I can select two NOC (0124, and 5121) from two different skills (skill 0 and A) while signing up?

However, my concern is the educational background requirements. I studied human physiology, which literally can't be practiced in Nigeria. I went here noc.esdc.gc.ca and went through each NOC requirements. I sometimes see a degree in marketing as usually required. So is the educational background important when it comes to choosing an NOC, I just need to clarify?

Please.
this guy face the real tasks first. Ielts and evaluation of credentials plus getting your points up lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pascal122: 4:54pm On May 12, 2022
ednut1:
this guy face the real tasks first. Ielts and evaluation of credentials plus getting your points up lol

I've done my IELTS and Wes evaluation. I just want to be sure of what I'm doing before opening the profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pascal122: 4:57pm On May 12, 2022
Immortalregis:

Referrals from your customers will help. I remember one PPR story in a previous part on this thread of a self-employed dude who repaired computers at Computer Village (?). If I remember correctly, he used references from his customers. Sadly, I can't remember the moniker or the part but if you've got a few hours to spare, why not skim through all the PPR's linked on page 1 of previous threads for that story because it might be relevant to your experience? I mean, what's a few more hours in this journey going to cost you? I'd suggest you focus on parts 2 - 7. Good luck.

Thank you. I've gone through all the experiences of those who used self employed proof of work experience. I know what I need to do now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2022
What's the credential you evaluated and what's your simulated CRS score? Asking this because you mentioned that your agent advised you to get another degree.

If your answer to the above question is BSc or equivalent, please take ednut1's advise and face the task of increasing your CRS.

Pascal122:

I've done my IELTS and Wes evaluation. I just want to be sure of what I'm doing before opening the profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:46pm On May 12, 2022
Pascal122:

However, my concern is the educational background requirements. I studied human physiology, which literally can't be practiced in Nigeria. I went here noc.esdc.gc.ca and went through each NOC requirements. I sometimes see a degree in marketing as usually required.
So is the educational background important when it comes to choosing an NOC, I just need to clarify?

Please.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239683

1. We can combine NOCs and list them all in the EE profile.....however one NOC must be the primary NOC. There is only space for one primary NOC. Page 1 has the conditions that this primary NOC must fulfill.

2. Educational background (what you studied) has nothing to do with NOC. The education requirements written under the NOC also don’t matter for IRCC's purposes.

#StudyPage1

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pascal122: 6:49pm On May 12, 2022
miolad20:
What's the credential you evaluated and what's your simulated CRS score? Asking this because you mentioned that your agent advised you to get another degree.

If your answer to the above question is BSc or equivalent, please take ednut1's advise and face the task of increasing your CRS.

I understand what you mean. I have a Bsc. and my score is 438. I am currently working towards boosting it by getting a job offer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pascal122: 6:50pm On May 12, 2022
GraciousWords:

.....but one week never reach nau........

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239683

1. As you say one can combine NOCs and list them all in one's profile.....however one NOC must be the primary NOC. There is only space for one primary NOC. Page 1 has the conditions that this primary NOC must fulfill.

2. Educational background (what you studied) has nothing to do with NOC. The education requirements written under the NOC also don’t matter for IRCC's purposes.

#StudyPage1

Thank you very much. I appreciate your answers. I understand it much better now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 8:48pm On May 12, 2022
Dear All,
Please at what point is profile locked from expiring? Is it at ITA or AOR?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by moyin29: 9:28pm On May 12, 2022
AOR
ciwi:
Dear All,
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Samuelobiora19(m): 9:31pm On May 12, 2022
Pascal122:

I understand what you mean. I have a Bsc. and my score is 438. I am currently working towards boosting it by getting a job offer.

Hello Bro, leave that job offer thing alone, just get another degree(extra 33pts) and hope for a favourable draw or provincial nomination.. Getting a job offer is difficult (not impossible), your best options are: ACCA, CIMA, CIPM, CIIN etc..Enjoy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tatik: 10:35pm On May 12, 2022
cyris:
If you will be coming to Saskatchewan (Regina included) and need help with settling in (accommodation, airport pickup, getting around for the first few days after arrival or general help and advice), you can reach out to us on whatsapp +1 639 916 2466.

Please are you in any if the whatapp groups? Kindly add my no thanks.
+2348062579968 or drop a link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ultrazone(m): 1:01am On May 13, 2022
During the two-hour meeting, Fraser hinted that further changes were coming to the Express Entry system.

“I’m very excited about new flexibilities we’re going to be pursuing in the Express Entry system which will allow us, with more precision, to target workers to fill gaps in key sectors as soon as possible under the current system,” Fraser said before being cut off due to a shortage of time. The minister did not elaborate further throughout the rest of the meeting.

One of Fraser’s mandates as minister is to expand pathways to permanent residence for international students and temporary foreign workers through Express Entry. The minister had previously suggested that occupation-specific Express Entry draws could be a possibility for the future.

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/05/minister-fraser-says-processing-standards-could-return-to-normal-by-2023-0525349.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 1:07am On May 13, 2022
Good morning all. Please I need your advice on way forward. We submitted our application to IRCC on the 11th of April 2022. We are yet to get any message from them. I put to bed 1 day ago making us a family of 4 instead of 3 reflecting in our submitted application. Kindly advise on a way forward on how to include my baby in the application bearing in mind that we have not yet gotten international passport for my baby. Your kind response will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by legionISproteus: 1:45am On May 13, 2022
mummyDsquare:
Dear House please I need to understand something. Please is there anyone who has received their medical reports from IOM and any of the result parameters showed "Abnormal" ? Does it affect anything or will it affect one getting their medicals passed? IOM said they had sent our report and forwarded a copy to us and everything on my report shows normal but my spouse's Serum Creatinine shows "Abnormal" the figure there was 71ml .... He has gone for another follow up serum creatinine test on his own and was told with his results that his level is normal. With that out of the way, please I want to know if there's anyone who has had any parameter "Abnormal" and still got medicals passed since its neither syphilis nor tuberculosis or mental illness. Abeg someone help with an answer so I can get clarity. thank you and God bless.
He may be required to undergo further medical tests at IOM based on the doctor's assessment. If everything is normal, he will be informed. Sometimes people experience transient Creatinine elevation, but IOM has to be sure he has no underlying medical condition before they submit a final report.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saintee2009(m): 5:13am On May 13, 2022
ciwi:
Dear All,
Thank you

Once ITA received, you leave the express entry pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adanac13: 5:43am On May 13, 2022

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 7:18am On May 13, 2022
chiada:
Good morning all. Please I need your advice on way forward. We submitted our application to IRCC on the 11th of April 2022. We are yet to get any message from them. I put to bed 1 day ago making us a family of 4 instead of 3 reflecting in our submitted application. Kindly advise on a way forward on how to include my baby in the application bearing in mind that we have not yet gotten international passport for my baby. Your kind response will be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello, congrats on your baby, considering the baby is still young I feel you should submit all other documents that are on ground like birth certificate,.... then try and see if you can get the baby's NIN(if those people do not grumble about the baby being young LOL), at the same time try and get an international passport also, whichever comes out first between the NIN and INTL passport, submit as well, go for medicals for the baby too, your BIL will likely soon drop, so it's better to have submitted some documents about the baby than just waiting for international passport so that when you pass the R10 stage your baby would have been included then you'll probably get an ADR for whatever documents the VO wants from your baby

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reelee: 8:54am On May 13, 2022
Hello Fam, pls how does one call IRCC? Cos as at the last time, they had deactivated incoming calls that were not made from within Canada. Kindly assist. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 8:55am On May 13, 2022
ciwi:
Dear All,
Thank you
at AOR
including your IELTS, POF (I'm not so sure)and others,let others comment, but I believe it's at AOR
edit: My bad, just did a little research and I found this on canada.ca
hope this helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 10:28am On May 13, 2022
mummyDsquare:

Hi. Your worry is valid but know that IOM will always inform applicants of any serious issues that can lead to a failed medical from IRCC and would advise the applicant if to do additional tests or not.
My advise is to call or visit IOM to clarify on the "Abnormal" parameter. It may be nothing but at least just for rest of mind.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by XYZo: 10:37am On May 13, 2022
Abeg for the Proof of Fund . In conversion to Naira , what rate are we supposed to use ???
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:39am On May 13, 2022
April 10 and nothing yet. i'll still be hopeful but undecided
Yellowmellow:

I used caips. When did you order?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 10:41am On May 13, 2022
48 Days till July!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:48am On May 13, 2022
use XE converter or OandA

XYZo:
Abeg for the Proof of Fund . In conversion to Naira , what rate are we supposed to use ???
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:49am On May 13, 2022
If IOM has sent the result i wouldn't worry too much becuase they would have requested he do a follow up test before sending.

mummyDsquare:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by XYZo: 10:52am On May 13, 2022
Dimple10:
use XE converter or OandA

Thanks xo much kiss

Wow meaning it is the official rate then and not black market rate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maggiespecial(f): 11:18am On May 13, 2022
SirKelvegaz:
48 Days till July!

Yes oooo

Please we are already in the pool hoping we will be among the first set they will send ITA too in July (by God's grace)
Please is it advisable to do upfront medical now and police report now??

Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 12:07pm On May 13, 2022
yes for POF. print out the conversion page with date and attach with your bank statement when uploading. Also add extra to buffer for fluctuations.
XYZo:

Thanks xo much kiss

Wow meaning it is the official rate then and not black market rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (628) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: GENUINEFILMS, acekid109(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.