Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1035888 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ayandee: 7:05pm On May 14, 2022
I put to bed via CS on 26th february. Recovery was smooth. My mum and mother-in-law really helped. CRS simulation was 430 even with a master's degree as i was 37 at the time. I started searching for ways to improve my score and stumbled on another nairaland thread on TEF/TCF. On 1st April, I started french classes. After 7 months of intensive lessons and exam préparation, I sat for TEF on 26th October. Results were releases 14th November. My TEF story was shared here. I had the following:
TEF: Compréhension orale C1, Compréhension écrite C1, Expression orale B2, Expression écrite C1. It was one of my happiest moments.

I had evaluated my masters and with that, i had been in the pool since August. After 2 consecutive draws between November and December, i finally got ITA on 19th December and that was the last draw of the year 2019. My crs was 470 and draw was 469.

POF for family of 5 was challenging as we had committed our funds to real estate since we had no travel plans. Thank God for family and friends. They came through for us. I submitted application on 6th february 2020. Then covid happened and everything came to a stop. I called IRCC, i emailed, i cried, I prayed, i fasted. No response. I got tired of webforms and gcms notes..

PPR came like a thief in the night on 7th february 2022 exactly 2 years after. I practically screamed. I was overjoyed.

We sent passports to Cairo on 9th february 2022. Passports were returned with COPR on 3rd March. We started packing our bags. We did a lot of shopping as we had 10 luggage spaces and i wanted to use up the luggage allowance. We booked Ethiopian airlines for 11th April. Family and friends were with us at departure. There were tears of joy.

Food and in-flight entertainment was ok, not superb. It was a long flight. We stopped over at Addis Ababa and Dublin. We finally arrived Toronto 2pm of 12th April. The immigration queue was terribly long. Inspite of a 4hour layover time in Toronto, we missed our flight to Winnipeg but were lucky to get another flight. (Please if your final destination is not Toronto, ensure you book a flight with a longer layover in Toronto. A 4 hour lay over may not be enough).

We landed in Winnipeg at 7pm just before an awaited snowstorm and headed straight to an airbnb which we had booked earlier.

I am gradually settling in. I am still trying to come to terms with the time difference. It's a whopping 7hours between Nigeria and Canada.

I am glad to be here. It's home to me and it's worth every bit of my push, sacrifice and effort. I love the elementary and middle schools. The facilites are top-notch. I had an overwhelming sense of fulfilment the first day i accompanied my kids to school. I love the people of Canada, especially Manitoba. They are very kind and welcoming. I love the sérénity and the calm.
Will i do this again if i have to? Yes!

60 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:08pm On May 14, 2022
ayandee:
My landing gist. First i want to thank God Amighty for making my dream come true.

Istory continues

ayandee:

PPR came like a thief in the night on 7th february 2022 exactly 2 years after. I practically screamed. I was overjoyed.

I am glad to be here. It's home to me and it's worth every bit of my push, sacrifice and effort. I love the elementary and middle schools. The facilites are top-notch. I had an overwhelming sense of fulfilment the first day i accompanied my kids to school. I love the people of Canada, especially Manitoba. They are very kind and welcoming. I love the sérénity and the calm.

Issa Sweet Story....and we are here for it...

Félicitations ma sœur !

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:24pm On May 14, 2022
Lumijay:
Quick PPR and Landing update!!!

To God be the Glory, I landed in Calgary with my family on the 30th of April 2022.

It has been a VERY LONG WAIT for us!

I Got AOR in October 2019

Fast forward to Feb.2022, we went to do yet another upfront re-medical (Just in case they remember us), by now it was raining PPR everywhere. We finished the medicals at around 4pm, stepped out of IOM, got to the car, switched on my phone and there it was! The golden mail we had been waiting for had dropped while we were doing the medicals cheesy

To all those who are still on the journey, I say to you, Hang in there! Your dreams are valid and they will come true!

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 9:41pm On May 14, 2022
Pls how which part of my profile do I update my IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jerrysmallz: 10:49pm On May 14, 2022
Allegory:

Lol does a Nigerian even have to ask. There’s anniversary, tradiversary and courtivesary cheesy

Technically you didn’t get married twice. Buy now I understand. Which province are you coming to. I never believed in upfront medicals while my spouse almost booked for upfront medicals. We had our medicals extended by 6 months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mijavid: 8:04am On May 15, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 8:38am On May 15, 2022
abrireta:
Yayyyyyy, The long awaited news has arrived. The golden eagle has landed. IT'S PPR Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!.

After a very long wait, the Lord has finally done it for me and he will do it for all those who are still waiting.

I typed this on the 28th of March and it has been waiting in my draft since......

This journey took almost 2 years and the timeline is as follows (My husband was the primary applicant)

Also wrote Ielts and passed. However, reading was 6.0 and we sent it in for a remark
August 2020: Reading scores upgraded to 7.5 and certificate for CIPM arrived

Please can someone link me up with the post ppr group?
Thank you

Reading score changed, anyone who isn't sure of his/her result should just remark
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2022
ayandee:
I put to bed via CS on 26th february. Recovery was smooth. My mum and mother-in-law really helped. CRS simulation was 430 even with a master's degree as i was 37 at the time. I started searching for ways to improve my score and stumbled on another nairaland thread on TEF/TCF. On 1st April, I started french classes. After 7 months of intensive lessons and exam préparation, I sat for TEF on 26th October. Results were releases 14th November. My TEF story was shared here. I had the following:
TEF: Compréhension orale C1, Compréhension écrite C1, Expression orale B2, Expression écrite C1. It was one of my happiest moments.

Congratulations!!! , French route to the world

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2022
Dimple10:
yes for POF. print out the conversion page with date and attach with your bank statement when uploading. Also add extra to buffer for fluctuations.
Just to emphasize on what you have said, the conversion page is quite important, I noticed that most files in RROC that got ADR for POF are those without it, I forgot to add it too and I got ADR for POF

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 9:13am On May 15, 2022
Maggiespecial:

Yes oooo

Please we are already in the pool hoping we will be among the first set they will send ITA too in July (by God's grace)
Please is it advisable to do upfront medical now and police report now??

Kindly advise.
you can book for July/August if your CRS score is above 490 preferably with IOM since you won't pay yet, police report isn't a problem because you can just walk in to get it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:36am On May 15, 2022
46 Days till July!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2022
SirKelvegaz:
46 Days till July!
WINTER IS COMING!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 12:42pm On May 15, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, if a person has a payslip without tax reduction break down in it, can it still fly? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saintee2009(m): 7:26pm On May 15, 2022
olalekan9320:
Just to emphasize on what you have said, the conversion page is quite important, I noticed that most files in RROC that got ADR for POF are those without it, I forgot to add it too and I got ADR for POF

Please do you have any WhatsApp group for RROC people. File got transferred there from Ottawa and its been silent all the way after submitting ADRs and acknowledged on March 11th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aijay80: 8:21pm On May 15, 2022
I enjoyed reading your story. May the land favour you.

ayandee:

I had evaluated my masters and with that, i had been in the pool since August. After 2 consecutive draws between November and December, i finally got ITA on 19th December and that was the last draw of the year 2019. My crs was 470 and draw was 469.

POF for family of 5 was challenging as we had committed our funds to real estate since we had no travel plans. Thank God for family and friends. They came through for us. I submitted application on 6th february 2020. Then covid happened and everything came to a stop. I called IRCC, i emailed, i cried, I prayed, i fasted. No response. I got tired of webforms and gcms notes..

We sent passports to Cairo on 9th february 2022. Passports were returned with COPR on 3rd March. We started packing our bags. We did a lot of shopping as we had 10 luggage spaces and i wanted to use up the luggage allowance. We booked Ethiopian airlines for 11th April. Family and friends were with us at departure. There were tears of joy.

Food and in-flight entertainment was ok, not superb. It was a long flight. We stopped over at Addis Ababa and Dublin. We finally arrived Toronto 2pm of 12th April. The immigration queue was terribly long. Inspite of a 4hour layover time in Toronto, we missed our flight to Winnipeg but were lucky to get another flight. (Please if your final destination is not Toronto, ensure you book a flight with a longer layover in Toronto. A 4 hour lay over may not be enough).

We landed in Winnipeg at 7pm just before an awaited snowstorm and headed straight to an airbnb which we had booked earlier.

I am gradually settling in. I am still trying to come to terms with the time difference. It's a whopping 7hours between Nigeria and Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bukkiminat(f): 9:00pm On May 15, 2022
It's raining PPR..... Congratulations guys cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nupsy08: 9:18pm On May 15, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 10:17pm On May 15, 2022
Saintee2009:

Please do you have any WhatsApp group for RROC people. File got transferred there from Ottawa and its been silent all the way after submitting ADRs and acknowledged on March 11th.

There's a telegram group for RROC.

Send them a lot of mails and you can also try to call

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Clairita: 10:24pm On May 15, 2022
Good evening all, please how do i go about migrating as a PR with my family. How long is the process and how much is involved. Please if there is a group I can join that will help put me through, I LL appreciate. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 10:27pm On May 15, 2022
Nupsy08:
Hi Lotusgoddess,

Congratulations! Have you gotten your passport back? How long did it take between when you sent your passport and when you got back? Also, can you please help with the steps for sending to Kenya? Sorry for the loads of questions.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry I'm just seeing this. Everything took less than two weeks.
To send to Kenya, we (WhatsApp group) send our documents through a dhl agent and we paid 58k to and fro.
For transmission fee, I paid 5120 Kenya shillings (26,666 naira) for a family of two. It's 2560 for a single person. I made this payment using barter by flutterwave to vfs Kenya account:
Account name: VFS (Kenya) Limited Canada Holdings
Currency: Kenya Shilling
Bank Name: Absa Bank
Branch: Barclays Plaza
Street: Loita Street - Nairobi
Bank Account No: 2037342214
IBAN No: 2037342214
SWIFT: BARCKENX
Chips UID / Sort code: 03

You can also use a dom account or if you have someone in Kenya to help you make payment, better. We (WG) have a guy that help majority of people in the group to make payment.

Hope this is detailed enough?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:34pm On May 15, 2022
Joshmuch:
Good afternoon everyone, if a person has a payslip without tax reduction break down in it, can it still fly? Thanks
lets resist the urge to create imaginary problems for ourselves, wetin concern visa officer with tax breakdowns grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2022
All the info you need is on page 1 of this thread. Link below
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Clairita:
Good evening all, please how do i go about migrating as a PR with my family. How long is the process and how much is involved. Please if there is a group I can join that will help put me through, I LL appreciate. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saintee2009(m): 11:52pm On May 15, 2022
olalekan9320:

There's a telegram group for RROC.

Send them a lot of mails and you can also try to call

You can't imagine how many calls and mails have been sent to Ottawa and RROC. Last update was security passed yet eligibility still on RR!

How can I get the telegram link pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 6:14am On May 16, 2022
ednut1:
lets resist the urge to create imaginary problems for ourselves, wetin concern visa officer with tax breakdowns grin
Bless you baba o. I was thinking, tax must always be on a payslip. That they might ask if my office is not paying task ni?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Favouriteguy: 7:01am On May 16, 2022
This story is sweet.
Congratulations

ayandee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emma1991: 9:05am On May 16, 2022
Good morning everyone
Please anyone with useful informations if I can apply for my study permit with my passport that would expire next year July 24.
Though I am thinking of renewing my passport before I summit my application
But I'm still yet to decided if I should renew it before applying.really time is not on my I side.
Anyone with imform regarding if my passport is okay for me to used to apply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emma1991: 9:15am On May 16, 2022
Good morning everyone
Please anyone with useful informations if i can apply for my study permit with my passport that would expire next year July 24.
Though I am thinking of renewing my passport before I summit my application
But I'm still yet to decided if I should renew it before applying.really time is not on my side.
Anyone with information regarding if my passport is okay for me to used to apply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 9:42am On May 16, 2022
Lovely…congratsss
ayandee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 10:12am On May 16, 2022
45 Days till July!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dennyjuff: 12:08pm On May 16, 2022
People of God, please is it compulsory to notarize a gift deed from mother to daughter for proof of funds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hAlexandro(m): 12:21pm On May 16, 2022
Am currently stuck at 460 CRS score with draws to resume by July. Do I stand the chance to get an ITA? Or can study for French (TEF) and pass within the next two month
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 2:05pm On May 16, 2022
Dennyjuff:
People of God, please is it compulsory to notarize a gift deed from mother to daughter for proof of funds

Hi. It is not compulsory but advisable to do it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (626) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.