Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,369 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1011032 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2022
Go to Page 1 of this thread, all the info you need is there.

It's a tough one but not impossible. You should consider learning French and taking TEF, both you and your spouse should try to max out on IELTS, evaluate highest educational credentials. You can also look for a provincial nomination that you're eligible for. Someone 40+ also asked a related question a few pages back. You can read the responses to that too.

Zurrielle:
Please I want to kick start my Canadian immigration. I would like to know if I stand a chance. Would have done these years back but my family spent a huge chunk of our resources on IVF.
These are my details
1. Clocked 40 last November
2. OND Accounting
3. B.sc Accounting
[b][/b] evaluate both with WES, 2 or more cert
4. I am a chartered Accountant. I heard WES doesn't evaluate ICAN certificate. Is it true? If yes , why? I don't know, only WES can answer this
5. Does my husband have to create a profile as well? Whoever is younger and has the highest level of education should be the primary applicant (profile)
6. I have about 12 years experience. Does this count? Yes, to some extent

Would you advice I proceed as the primary applicant? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tess6(f): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
[quote author=Yellowmellow post=113166465]

There’s a number on your pcc, at the top right hand side. That’s what you’d type in [/quote

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davincci643: 4:56pm On May 25, 2022
MrPein:

I think vfs is obligated to notify applicants via email as their envelope move from one location to another. So if they fail to send an email at a particular stage, it will still be sent later on in the future regardless. Hence the confusing/contradictory emails.
But if it has been up to 6/7 weeks you sent your passport to Abuja vfs, then your decision envelope has been returned to Abuja vfs, to be picked up by your courier service and dispatched to you.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2022
Smithsonian12:

Thanks for this. Please do you know if it's same for transit? Say I use BA and have to transit in UK, gov.uk seems to suggest otherwise but trying to find out if anyone has actually been through this
you don't need transit visa, but cant come out of the airport. Travelled with BA to Canada recently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Smithsonian12: 5:11pm On May 25, 2022
ednut1:
you don't need transit visa, but cant come out of the airport. Travelled with BA to Canada recently.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zurrielle: 5:11pm On May 25, 2022
miolad20:
Go to Page 1 of this thread, all the info you need is there.

It's a tough one but not impossible. You should consider learning French and taking TEF, both you and your spouse should try to max out on IELTS, evaluate highest educational credentials. You can also look for a provincial nomination that you're eligible for. Someone 40+ also asked a related question a few pages back. You can read the responses to that too.

Thanks so much. Will get to it

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:15pm On May 25, 2022
Zurrielle:
Please I want to kick start my Canadian immigration. I would like to know if I stand a chance. Would have done these years back but my family spent a huge chunk of our resources on IVF.
These are my details
1. Clocked 40 last November
2. OND Accounting
3. B.sc Accounting
4. I am a chartered Accountant. I heard WES doesn't evaluate ICAN certificate. Is it true? If yes , why?
5. Does my husband have to create a profile as well?
6. I have about 12 years experience. Does this count?

Would you advice I proceed as the primary applicant? Thanks
ond plus bsc is already two or more degrees. Only masters can give you more points. Yes wes does not evaluate ican aca favourable. Even if they did its still same scores as ond plus bsc above. At 40 age is against you. It’s either you do TEF or hope for a miracle pnp. Noc 1111 has many candidates in the pool already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:31pm On May 25, 2022
Oluebi:
Hello Seniors in the house, kindly avail me your kind assistance to clear some confusion off my OINP application.

I recently received NOI from Ontario under the french speaker stream but my huge confusion is based on n NOC.

Primary NOC on my EE Profile is Civil Engineer 2131 experience gotten from 2 organisations with the period of 2010 and 2016.
The my current experience if from 2017 April till date under NOC 0711.
Having received NOI from OINP, one of the requirements is your work experience must be within the last 5years (so I assumed that my NOI is based on 0711) AND must be in the same primary NOC you declared on your express entry profile.

Kindly help me clarify if OINP notification of interest is based on
1. NOC of experience within last 5years (so I can edit my primary NOC on my EE Profile to 0711) or

2. They use primary NOC keyword to send notification of interest so I can edit my recent NOC to 2131.

The truth is that my job descriptions at work suits the two NOCs because I work across board.
I assume they send NOI based on primary nocs but to be sure, Google the details of the draw on the date you got NOI and see which of your nocs are listed there.
Don’t edit your primary NOC no matter the result of your findings. They already sent you NOI so you have whatever it is they want. When applying submit reference letters for both your primary and secondary nocs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ridboy94(m): 7:01pm On May 25, 2022
Smithsonian12:
Hello e-Fam,

Back again with my questions, also hoping this may be beneficial to someone someday.
I have my COPR and I'm looking to land in CA soon (I'm unmarried so anyone who wants to marry me please signify by show of hands cheesy )

Congratulations. I’m so happy for you. Are you male or female ? Let’s start from there ? �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nupsy08: 8:53pm On May 25, 2022
Does anyone know the current timeline for Egypt VAC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 9:12pm On May 25, 2022
ridboy94:
Congratulations. I’m so happy for you. Are you male or female ? Let’s start from there ? �

Lol that’s definitely a guy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Philtos: 10:34pm On May 25, 2022
Hello family.
Where do I take digital passports that meet canada requirements in the USA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Belle35: 12:27am On May 26, 2022
I PM you. How can I join the telegram group?

Betterlife2018:

He got a mail specifically saying that passport is ready for collection. Do you have a counterfoil on your profile already. There is a telegram group for this, send PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Smithsonian12: 12:40am On May 26, 2022
ridboy94:

Haha! thanks bro!
I am a man please, UNMARRIED man!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Smithsonian12: 12:44am On May 26, 2022
Yellowmellow:

Lol that’s definitely a guy

Spot on! Yellowmellow...se wa interested? *wink* *wink*

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by successhungry: 1:03am On May 26, 2022
Betterlife2018:

He got a mail specifically saying that passport is ready for collection. Do you have a counterfoil on your profile already. There is a telegram group for this, send PM.

Hi,Betterlife2018. See me here since. The person I'm asking for got a mail for pickup today. lol! Her story long. She couldn't even check for counterfoil because she used a licensed agent who resides in Canada and she has not finished paying agent fee. Hence no access to the account for now till she pays up. She has no choice to pay up tho because she will keep using the account here in Canada.

Thanks for the help. Hers took longer than your cousin's.
Welcome home
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by successhungry: 1:07am On May 26, 2022
Davincci643:

Confirm the similar Letter with your but different location.

The second letter was the last i got from VFS till now...

I still need someone kind enough to explain what is happening to us wit this letters and delays in reply
Hi. The last email states that your decision envelope is in Abuja vac already. Guess you sent to accra.You can check for Abuja vac contact and give them a call- never really expect response to their mail. If you havent paid for courier for pickup service,initiate the service.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davincci643: 4:54am On May 26, 2022
successhungry:

Hi. The last email states that your decision envelope is in Abuja vac already. Guess you sent to accra.You can check for Abuja vac contact and give them a call- never really expect response to their mail. If you havent paid for courier for pickup service,initiate the service.

Hi Success

I sent via Lagos to IRCC, (I didnt decide where it should be sent to weda ACCRA or Kenya, I paid about 30k at Sterling Bank), I wonder what Abuja is doing on the email sent to me.

Please can you furnish me with direct contact to reach Abuja.

Note Also I paid to and Fro for DHL courier services in Lagos

thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:25am On May 26, 2022
ednut1:
Just get a visiting visa instead if you intend to visit the UK, do your visit and then head to Canada afterwards. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by OliviaOtis: 7:00am On May 26, 2022
Hi,
Please I have a few questions. Any response that can help me is appropriated.
1- One of my employers has refused to provide a reference letter for me for my Canada PR. What do I do?
2- One of my previous employer only paid me in cash and so so have no evidence of payment in my bank statement. How do so prove that I was paid? Did anyone had any of the above issues while applying?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fabmo: 7:20am On May 26, 2022
Good morning,

Please I need help , I have been trying to evaluate my IJMB certificate with WES. But, the school (ABU zaria) is not able send the transcript to them . Does anyone have this issue? and how did you resolve it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Winkky: 8:16am On May 26, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 8:31am On May 26, 2022
OliviaOtis:
Hi,
Please I have a few questions. Any response that can help me is appropriated.
1- One of my employers has refused to provide a reference letter for me for my Canada PR. What do I do?
2- One of my previous employer only paid me in cash and so so have no evidence of payment in my bank statement. How do so prove that I was paid? Did anyone had any of the above issues while applying?
Thank you.

Hi.
1. Type the reference letter on an A4. A colleague/senior colleague can sign for you an attach his/her company ID. Supporting docs can include LOE explaining the company's refusal to issue a reference letter, an email or message showing the company's refusal to issue a reference letter, employment letter, promotion letter, payslips, salary deposits highlighted in SOA

2. Paid in cash is normal. State you were paid in cash in the reference letter and do a salary certificate.

3. Read page one for sample stories for both questions. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 8:38am On May 26, 2022
Winkky:
If as a PA my spouse has a child before marriage but I have not been in the child’s life because they said “it’s not my concern, I’m not biologically related to the child so I should face my own kids” How do I handle this in my Canada application? I presently only have my personal savings as POF for my immediate family of 5, I don’t know if the child has identity documents and will be available for medicals even if I add as unaccompanying.
I am just worried about the child’s future but at the same time, I don’t want to jeopardize my application and my children’s future if I add and they can’t provide documents. I don’t even know the child’s full name, my spouse is not carrying me along in this and becomes aggressive if I bring it up. I have all required documents with a good CRS, French speaker and I am just waiting for draws to start in July.
I am also worried if it will be seen as misrepresentation if I do not mention the child in my application. I need this japa like yesterday sef, help me dissect this matter I beg.

1. You as the PA, you should mention the child even if the child isn't yours for future purposes or in case your spouse changes their mind in the future.

2. You have a kind heart. I wish you all the best.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 8:39am On May 26, 2022
Prechy4naija:
Please I need help on diploma courses or certification that’ one can do online or from Nigeria here in a short time in order to secure a better job in Canada .
I’m still an undergraduate, studying medicine for years in this country I’m just tired. I want to go for work visa, I know with my highest qualification which is Olevel. I’m going to get a menial job or all these skilled works. I’m working on getting a barbing certificate and knowing the skill. I’m also trying to learn coding and programming but it’s not yet working out cus my trainer is in school and we are on strike. (Far away)
I wanted to get Google certification for analytics and Ux/UI design on Coursera. I just need help cus I didn’t have this in mind before nw, but recently I saw a company helping in recruiting people to Canada and helping them get jobs there bla bla bla, I get to pay back while I work there. I also need advice if it’s a good option. ?
Focus on your degree, graduate, write plab and move to UK
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 8:41am On May 26, 2022
Rosarie:
Pls where can I get materials to study for tef apart from Duolingo,plsss
Duolingo and TEF are so far apart

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NSE19: 9:30am On May 26, 2022
This wait is so long!!!!

I worked in a company for 1 year and 9 months. I joined as a graduate trainee ( this was supposed to be for 11 months but due to COVID was extended to 1 year and 1 month unofficially). During my GT rotation, I mostly worked with Strategy team and after the GT program, i became a Strategy Analyst.

Late last year when I reached out to HR, I was told my reference letter would carry
Graduate trainee May 20xx-June 2020 and Strategy Analyst May 2020 - December 2020 ( the dates are for demo)
Strategy Analyst January 20xx - December 20xx

My supervisor said he would give me a letter with
Graduate trainee (Strategy Analyst) May 20xx-Jan 20xxx
Strategy Analyst Feb 20xx -june 20xx

Last night, I found out that my former supervisor has left the organisation.

My question is how do I make this Graduate Trainee Role Fly?
Is there anything my former supervisor can do given he does not have access to the companies letterheaded paper?

I really want to look back at this post and say truly, there was light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 10:10am On May 26, 2022
MrPein:

Hi.
1. Type the reference letter on an A4. A colleague/senior colleague can sign for you an attach his/her company ID. Supporting docs can include LOE explaining the company's refusal to issue a reference letter, an email or message showing the company's refusal to issue a reference letter, employment letter, promotion letter, payslips, salary deposits highlighted in SOA

2. Paid in cash is normal. State you were paid in cash in the reference letter and do a salary certificate.

3. Read page one for sample stories for both questions. All the best

All great advice however I don’t think he should state that he was paid in cash in his reference letter. If he gets an adr he can then go ahead and produce a salary certificate or payslips

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 10:14am On May 26, 2022
NSE19:
This wait is so long!!!!

I worked in a company for 1 year and 9 months. I joined as a graduate trainee ( this was supposed to be for 11 months but due to COVID was extended to 1 year and 1 month unofficially). During my GT rotation, I mostly worked with Strategy team and after the GT program, i became a Strategy Analyst.

Late last year when I reached out to HR, I was told my reference letter would carry
Graduate trainee May 20xx-June 2020 and Strategy Analyst May 2020 - December 2020 ( the dates are for demo)
Strategy Analyst January 20xx - December 20xx

My supervisor said he would give me a letter with
Graduate trainee (Strategy Analyst) May 20xx-Jan 20xxx
Strategy Analyst Feb 20xx -june 20xx

Last night, I found out that my former supervisor has left the organisation.

My question is how do I make this Graduate Trainee Role Fly?
Is there anything my former supervisor can do given he does not have access to the companies letterheaded paper?

I really want to look back at this post and say truly, there was light at the end of the tunnel.

He can use normal paper but also attach a copy of his ID card. Then you’d follow it up with an loe.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 10:19am On May 26, 2022
35 Days till July!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:50am On May 26, 2022
Totally agree. Just provide reference letter in required format but don't include method of payment.
Yellowmellow:

All great advice however I don’t think he should state that he was paid in cash in his reference letter. If he gets an adr he can then go ahead and produce a salary certificate or payslips

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rosarie(f): 11:00am On May 26, 2022
olalekan9320:
Duolingo and TEF are so far apart
to help me have the basics.
I need materials

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: ednut1(m), Isjaymoh(m), ultrazone(m), thug, SeunnlaA, silentone and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.