Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1040970 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (628) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:08am On May 27, 2022
I don't think the mummy needs to provide anything since child is unaccompanying however others can chip in

cc @graciouswords
Winkky:

Thank you for your response. What do we need to get from the mother even though the child is unaccompanying? Is there any form she needs to fill or something to write?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:15am On May 27, 2022
Congratulations!!! may the land favor you

Ideally your passport should have up to 6months validity for stamping. If you can get the new one before the deadline, i'll advise to do that.

Pls is this Accra or RROC...just asking cos our AOR is 3days apart
mummymos:
Finally! What we waited for has come to pass ��

ITA - September 2020
AOR - Dec 3 2020
Biometrics - Jan 13, 2021
RPRF request - Feb 2, 2021
RPRF submitted - Feb 4, 2022
ADR (Medicals, PCC, schedule A)- Feb 9, 2022
Medicals passed - March 14, 2022
PPR - May 26th
VO - ACCRA visa office

Thank you to everyone who shares here. You kept my spirit up on the down days..
speedy PPR to everyone still waiting

I have a question please - My Spouse's Nigerian passport expires in 5months. Can we submit it like that? or do we need to wait for the new one which we are working on to be issued? Has anyone submitted a passport with less than 6 months expiration date? did it fly.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:34am On May 27, 2022
Winkky:
If as a PA my spouse has a child before marriage but I have not been in the child’s life because they said “it’s not my concern, I’m not biologically related to the child so I should face my own kids” How do I handle this in my Canada application? I presently only have my personal savings as POF for my immediate family of 5, I don’t know if the child has identity documents and will be available for medicals even if I add as unaccompanying.

I am just worried about the child’s future but at the same time, I don’t want to jeopardize my application and my children’s future if I add and they can’t provide documents. I don’t even know the child’s full name, my spouse is not carrying me along in this and becomes aggressive if I bring it up. I have all required documents with a good CRS, French speaker and I am just waiting for draws to start in July.

I am also worried if it will be seen as misrepresentation if I do not mention the child in my application. I need this japa like yesterday sef, help me dissect this matter I beg.

Your worry is valid. Pls carefully read what Dimple10 and Successhungry wrote.

You don't have a choice, you must mention the child...unless you don't mind misrepresentation and the consequences.

Pls read this link. You must provide POF for all the people in your application, whether they are going to Canada or not. So your POF must be for 6 people now. You must do Medicals too. And PCC may be needed if the child is over 18. You also need the child's passport details.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239722

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mummymos: 11:09am On May 27, 2022
Dimple10:
Congratulations!!! may the land favor you

Ideally your passport should have up to 6months validity for stamping. If you can get the new one before the deadline, i'll advise to do that.

Pls is this Accra or RROC...just asking cos our AOR is 3days apart

It is ACCRA VO.
Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Winkky: 11:30am On May 27, 2022
GraciousWords:

Your worry is valid. Pls carefully read what Dimple10 and Successhungry wrote.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239722
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:26pm On May 27, 2022
Winkky:

Thank you @GraciousWords
I have read through everything in the link you sent to me and I understand all the requirements now.

We had a lengthy discussion and he opened up that he is not in the child’s life, the child does not know him as a dad and he doesn’t even believe he impregnated the lady in the first place, she disappeared after they broke up and came back later with the child, that it is just his family being emotional and acknowledging the lady and her child because she was close to them when they were dating. He said he will request for a DNA when he is psychologically ready but right now he doesn’t see the child as his, so he cannot allow me to put it on our application. I didn’t know about this before marriage anyway.

So I am confused, stuck, and seeing my Japa dream in flames after acing IELTS, TEF, with a masters and over 7yrs work experience and my POF intact.

Is there a way out for me, what options do I have or I should just accept my destiny and hope my children will make it out on their in future…

DNA is the answer...at least then you'll know. If the child isn't his; move on with your application of family of 5. If the child is; that one na family matter.

If DNA is still not done by the time you get ITA, you could assume that the child is your spouse's, then consider an LOE where you explain what hubby has said in red (especially if he does not know the whereabouts of the mother and child) but I don't know if it will fly with IRCC as a reason for excluding a dependent child of your spouse from your application.

I understand how you must feel after all the exams especially that TEF.

All the best whichever way it goes!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:28pm On May 27, 2022
mummymos:
Finally! What we waited for has come to pass

AOR - Dec 3 2020
ADR (Medicals, PCC, schedule A)- Feb 9, 2022
Medicals passed - March 14, 2022
PPR - May 26th

Thank you to everyone who shares here. You kept my spirit up on the down days..
speedy PPR to everyone still waiting

See what the Lord has done.......Congrats mummy!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:37pm On May 27, 2022
Winkky:

Thank you @GraciousWords
I have read through everything in the link you sent to me and I understand all the requirements now.

We had a lengthy discussion and he opened up that he is not in the child’s life, the child does not know him as a dad and he doesn’t even believe he impregnated the lady in the first place, she disappeared after they broke up and came back later with the child, that it is just his family being emotional and acknowledging the lady and her child because she was close to them when they were dating. He said he will request for a DNA when he is psychologically ready but right now he doesn’t see the child as his, so he cannot allow me to put it on our application. I didn’t know about this before marriage anyway.

So I am confused, stuck, and seeing my Japa dream in flames after acing IELTS, TEF, with a masters and over 7yrs work experience and my POF intact.

Is there a way out for me, what options do I have or I should just accept my destiny and hope my children will make it out on their in future…
Wow! Just wow! Your husband is a very selfish human being who thinks of no one but himself and I feel so sorry for you. He is only making this hard for you and if you don’t include this child, years later it would come back to haunt you. First he abandoned his child for years and now that he has the perfect reason to find out if the child he abandoned is truly his child or not, he says when he is psychologically ready? Doesn’t he realize how his action is affecting your own plan for your life? If it wasn’t affecting you, I would have said don’t involve yourself but this affects you, I think you should take charge. Maybe talk to your in laws to see if they can help you out.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 1:15pm On May 27, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Wow! Just wow! Your husband is a very selfish human being who thinks of no one but himself and I feel so sorry for you.
And how do you know this? Please be calming down. I believe Winkky should make her decisions based on known facts, which is what IRCC/ visa officer would work with anyway. The DNA test is one very important way to put the matter to rest once and for all. I just hope they can get it done before ITA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:07pm On May 27, 2022
Logical solution but not ethical. Don’t mention the child. Apply and go to Canada. Husband can do DNA later and say he just confirmed the child is his and the mother wasn’t sure of the father then. Sponsor the child to Canada before he or she clocks 18. Shikena

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Winkky: 3:06pm On May 27, 2022
miolad20:

And how do you know this? Please be calming down. I believe Winkky should make her decisions based on known facts, which is what IRCC/ visa officer would work with anyway. The DNA test is one very important way to put the matter to rest once and for all. I just hope they can get it done before ITA.

Please clarify if I need to edit the no of family members in my EE profile before ITA in the event that I want to add the child as unaccompanying. I mean under profile details.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 3:08pm On May 27, 2022
Thank you so much. I have applied for the gcms as you advised. I have also tried to recollect some of the documents I used then. I just realized O worked 48 hours per week at my last place of employment in Nigeria. Will that fly with CIC or should I just stick with 40 hours in my reference letter?
ednut1:
apply for gcms notes of the study visa application. Providing conflicting info equals representation and they will nab you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:14pm On May 27, 2022
safe to say Accra may be coming alive.
mummymos:

It is ACCRA VO.
Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:29pm On May 27, 2022
miolad20:

You too be calming down! It is not every time that you people should be feeling attacked when we are talking about your gender. Her application is at stake here and he is choosing to be psychologically ready to do the needful after abandoning a child that may as well be his? The sacrifices she has made to get to where she is may be going up the flames or don’t you know the energy and work you put into studying, writing and passing TEF? Please I don’t even want to have this conversation with you but it’s my opinion, you are entitled to yours as well.

@Winkky if you have exhausted all options and it’s not working out, you can consider ednut1 advise of going ahead with your application without including the child and once the DNA test has been carried out, you can inform them of the new discovery based on the outcome of the test. No matter what it is please do not give up on your plans to get your children a good life.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:32pm On May 27, 2022
@winkky see here https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/479#81353959

It may not be similar but it may provide some clarity. I think it's up to you to convince your husband that it's better to know now than later because if there is one thing i know about this journey to Canada, its that timing is everything.

Also see Ednuts response somewhere above abi below

GraciousWords:

DNA is the answer...at least then you'll know. If the child isn't his; move on with your application of family of 5. If the child is; that one na family matter.

If DNA is still not done by the time you get ITA, you could assume that the child is your spouse's, then consider an LOE where you explain what hubby has said in red (especially if he does not know the whereabouts of the mother and child) but I don't know if it will fly with IRCC as a reason for excluding a dependent child of your spouse from your application. IRCC may say they must have the child's details; in which case your spouse decides which is more important, contacting the child or your family's immigration plans. The only fear is could IRCC decide to reject the application despite the LOE if the information that is required is missing. I really don't know.

I understand how you must feel after all the exams especially that TEF.

All the best whichever way it goes!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:33pm On May 27, 2022
Tvickie:
Thank you so much. I have applied for the gcms as you advised. I have also tried to recollect some of the documents I used then. I just realized O worked 48 hours per week at my last place of employment in Nigeria. Will that fly with CIC or should I just stick with 40 hours in my reference letter?
they are only interested in meeting the least requirements of 30 hours . Just state what you actually worked. All this need for mago mago and doctoring self.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:35pm On May 27, 2022
ednut1:
Logical solution but not ethical. Don’t mention the child. Apply and go to Canada. Husband can do DNA later and say he just confirmed the child is his and the mother wasn’t sure of the father then. Sponsor the child to Canada before he or she clocks 18. Shikena

@winkky I'm also inclined to agree with this solution. Nothing Illegal here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:36pm On May 27, 2022
as long as you have the minimum hrs required, all is well.
Tvickie:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2022
Dimple10:
@winkky see here https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/479#81353959

It may not be similar but it may provide some clarity. I think it's up to you to convince your husband that it's better to know now than later because if there is one thing i know about this journey to Canada, its that timing is everything.

you are assuming everyone is reasonable or the breadwinner . Looks like she hustled the pof and the man won’t drop nada for the additional child

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 3:40pm On May 27, 2022
Thanks for the information. There’s no magomago or doctoring involved. I don’t do such. I have no one in state in worked hence literally no means to contact them even via email (they aren’t tech savvy) and will be hectic and stressful getting a letter. That’s the only reason I considered changing it. I worked 48 hours at the same place and wasn’t sure if it’s a problem for CIC. It wasn’t nice for you to jump into assumptions and insinuate what is not. Thank you for the information either ways.
ednut1:
they are only interested in meeting the least requirements of 30 hours . Just state what you actually worked. All this need for mago mago and doctoring self.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 3:41pm On May 27, 2022
Thank you. I appreciate
Dimple10:
as long as you have the minimum hrs required, all is well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2022
Yes, that's your opinion. I just don't think it's fair for you to make such submissions about her spouse based on your assumptions. No one is feeling attacked here.
My suggestion to Winkky remains that she should work with verifiable facts, not emotions. I wish her family all the best.

Prettiepearlz:

You too be calming down! Not every time you people should be feeling attacked when we are talking about your gender. Her application is at stake here and he is choosing to be psychologically ready to do the needful after abandoning a child that may as well be his? The sacrifices she has made to get to where she is may be going up the flames or don’t you know the energy and work you put into studying, writing and passing TEF? Please I don’t even want to have this conversation with you but it’s my opinion, you are entitled to yours as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 3:46pm On May 27, 2022
Winkky:

Thank you @GraciousWords

Your last statement really got to me. I just feel like if your spouse can match your level of enthusiasm to relocate, this really isn't an issue. Plus, I feel like your spouse should be eager to know if the child is theirs or not so they can start taking responsibility or not as the case may be. Do what Ednut and Dimple advised. Wishing you all of the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ridboy94(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2022
Smithsonian12:

Haha! thanks bro!
I am a man please, UNMARRIED man!

rolls eyes. Abeg getat lol grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ridboy94(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2022
Yellowmellow:

Lol that’s definitely a guy

yes ooo my sister. We meeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvve. Na mostly moral support i kuku dey find
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:03pm On May 27, 2022
miolad20:
Yes, that's your opinion. I just don't think it's fair for you to make such submissions about her spouse based on your assumptions. No one is feeling attacked here.
My suggestion to Winkky remains that she should work with verifiable facts, not emotions. I wish her family all the best.

You do not seem to get it right? My submission wasn’t based on my assumptions but based on what was written by the wife. You make it seem like I just concluded without a backstory. There was a story from the beginning. So please don’t come with that. Based on what she has written, I still maintain my opinion, she really wants a life for her children and something as minute as that is what would be a stumbling block? I think he should be eager to know now if the child is his or not so he stops holding any level of guilt he may be feeling. That shouldn’t be hard, is it? Please let’s just move on, it’s not a debate on who is right or wrong, you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine as well. The most important thing is how she can move forward with her application without this being a stumbling block in her application or in the future when they have become landed immigrants and the only logical solution here being what Ednut1 suggested. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 4:25pm On May 27, 2022
Its all assumption o. thats why when i saw your suggestion, i went and edited my response to say she shu consider what you suggested which seems logical and less stressful. Las las, the end goal is a better life for her and the children. Make she no reason the man matter for the sake of her children's future.
ednut1:
you are assuming everyone is reasonable or the breadwinner . Looks like she hustled the pof and the man won’t drop nada for the additional child
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kendlar: 4:28pm On May 27, 2022
Hello everyone.
For someone who just wants to start the immigration process to Canada now. Which is better/faster? Is it Express Entry(Federal) or Provincial Nomination?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChiefVal: 4:28pm On May 27, 2022
Winkky:

Thank you @GraciousWords

Legally, If his name is not on the birth certificate of the child then, that’s not his child and you don’t have to mention that child because there’s no record of that being his child.

Morally, you guys can choose to do the DNA test, go through the steps of legally acknowledging the child and then apply for your PR with the child mentioned. This is my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChiefVal: 4:44pm On May 27, 2022
I sent my passport to IRCC via VFS Lagos and it came back much earlier than I expected. 5 weeks instead of 6. I guess they’re sitting up now? Lol

14th April - PPR
19th April - dropped passport at DHL
20th April - VFS acknowledged receipt
- Series of emails from vfs that were sometimes confusing but I wasn’t bothered about because I wasn’t exactly in a hurry to get my passport back.-
16th May - Counterfoil generated and application approved
23rd May - VFS Lagos received and DHL picked up
I tried tracking on dhl since 23rd with my return waybill given when I submitted but it wasn’t working. When I didn’t hear from dhl, I called customer service and they advised me to revisit dhl office I submitted at. When I got there today to ask what’s up, they brought out my passport to tell me they changed the waybill and a bunch of other stories. they couldn’t even be bothered to attempt delivery since Monday angry . Submitted my ID and they let me pick up the package. so yay that.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Winkky: 5:12pm On May 27, 2022
Thank you all for your contributions and at this point, based on the strength I have been able to gather here, I am convinced there is light at the end of this very dark tunnel for me.
At what point do I need to add the unaccompanying child to my application? Do I need to amend the family info on my EE profile before ITA or after?

Thank you all again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:16pm On May 27, 2022
ChiefVal:

Legally, If his name is not on the birth certificate of the child then, that’s not his child and you don’t have to mention that child because there’s no record of that being his child.

Winkky:

Interesting point, who is listed as father on the birth certificate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (628) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: KemssTiti, EverblazingTee, studycenter, wememore03 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.