Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1010218 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bellakay: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2022
Eficator:

You have to keep checking until they open the dates for December.
Ensure you check regularly as you might not get a date after 48hrs of opening the December date tab. This happened for November too.

I was able to call them. They said their booking is only on Mondays.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by saskatoonguy: 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2022
Good day guys. Is it advisable to try and book Upfront Medical considering the fact i will get ITA in the next draw and date of medical appointment is now getting far based on current trend.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by saskatoonguy: 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2022
IOM or QLIFE. Which is adviceable to use?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2022
saskatoonguy:
one is in Victoria island one is in Ikeja. Make ya choice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by iambuksman(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
Actually, we are in the same boat and the answer is yes. It is the first step I'm taking.

I'd suggest you start ASAP cos the next exam is in April and you'd have to make payment sometime in February.
chimzyblack:
Hello guys,I want to know if the BCS certificate in IT is still accepted as a degree. Because I want to enroll for it to make up for the two or more degrees.
I already have a bachelor in Engineering (B.Eng)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temmitats(f): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
They put out new appointment dates on Mondays by 6am.
bellakay:
What’s the best way to book medicals on Q- life clinic. The online booking is not exceeding November. What do I do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temmitats(f): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2022
Qlife seem more organized to me, the day I went to IOM to try to get an earlier date and I saw the crowd, nobody told me to pick Qlife but this was back in July.
saskatoonguy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LadyBee100: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2022
iambuksman:
Actually, we are in the same boat and the answer is yes. It is the first step I'm taking.

I'd suggest you start ASAP cos the next exam is in April and you'd have to make payment sometime in February.

Hi! I also want to start preparing for the BCS exams in April. I am looking for the Information Security Management Principles text book by Andy Taylor. David Alexander and co. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can find the book? Don’t want to start ordering it from Amazon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teetom04(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hi Guys,
I’d like to get a clarification on this.
I’ve been in the UK for about 1year now, I received ITA in the last draw, do I have to get another police certificate from Nigeria? The one with me was used in the UK around February and has expired.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Eujodan: 12:22am On Nov 26, 2022
Teetom04:
Hi Guys,
I’d like to get a clarification on this.
I’ve been in the UK for about 1year now, I received ITA in the last draw, do I have to get another police certificate from Nigeria? The one with me was used in the UK around February and has expired.

1. Learnt police report has a validity of six months
2. The one you have has UK on it and not Canada as the destination l believe.

Try to get a recent PCC with Canada as the destination to avoid ADR

Best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 12:39am On Nov 26, 2022
Eujodan:

Best
ADR is better. Someone I know lost out with total rejection.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teetom04(m): 3:15am On Nov 26, 2022

Best [/quote]

Thanks for your input. My ielts is expiring next month so I’m just trying to put all together ASAP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 3:19am On Nov 26, 2022
saskatoonguy:
Good day guys. Is it advisable to try and book Upfront Medical considering the fact i will get ITA in the next draw and date of medical appointment is now getting far based on current trend.

I may be in same situation as you. Can anyone advice please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ceecia(f): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2022
Qwertyuser:

I may be in same situation as you. Can anyone advice please?

You don't have to wait to receive ITA before booking for medicals. As long as you know that you will receive ITA, book for your medicals. I booked medicals before I received ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 8:56am On Nov 26, 2022
ceecia:

You don't have to wait to receive ITA before booking for medicals. As long as you know that you will receive ITA, book for your medicals. I booked medicals before I received ITA.

Thanks a lot. If you don’t mind, can you share the links to have the medicals booked for Abuja please?

Or is this the correct site for Medicals please?

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Acquiredollars(m): 9:05am On Nov 26, 2022
ceecia:

What's the validity period of the Medical report sir?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JennyBay: 9:32am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello all,

Please I saw an affordable airline ticket to Toronto YYZ but it is Delta airline from Lagos (LOS) to YYZ with a single stopover at "Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport" for 3 hours. Please do I need US-transit visa as I am also connecting to last-leg of the journey at the same airport to Toronto?

Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Charityjunkie(f): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2022
Yes you do

JennyBay:
Hello all,

Please I saw an affordable airline ticket to Toronto YYZ but it is Delta airline from Lagos (LOS) to YYZ with a single stopover at "Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport" for 3 hours. Please do I need US-transit visa as I am also connecting to last-leg of the journey at the same airport to Toronto?

Please advise.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JennyBay: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2022
Charityjunkie:
Yes you do

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oluwadee1: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
Good day everyone.

Please I want to write Acca F1 - F3 to get a 2nd certificate and boost my score. I hope to write f1 in Dec please I need recommendations on study materials and tips. If possible past questions as well. I genuinely anticipate and appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LadyBee100: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2022
Hi guys please I need some answers. So I’m trying to improve my CRS score by taking the BCS exams. But because I’m a cybersecurity professional, I want to take the BCS Foundation
Certificate in Information Security Management Principles instead of the HEQ Diploma that everyone normally takes. But I’m not quite sure if this one gets evaluated favorably by WES.

Please is there anyone who knows if it does?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
LadyBee100:
Hi guys please I need some answers. So I’m trying to improve my CRS score by taking the BCS exams. But because I’m a cybersecurity professional, I want to take the BCS Foundation
Certificate in Information Security Management Principles instead of the HEQ Diploma that everyone normally takes. But I’m not quite sure if this one gets evaluated favorably by WES.

Please is there anyone who knows if it does?
Open that floor.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please I can only see my spouse under dependents in my EE Profile. How can I add my children? Or are they to be added only after ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 1:42am On Nov 27, 2022
IAmNotYourMate:
Hi house,
Please I need help with this

How do I go about getting tax documents. I am applying for a work visa and need to show tax documents for past years. I have been working as a freelancer btw 2016-2021 and indicated it in my resume

Did you secure LMIA, else this could be scam.

I just have a friend that share similar stuff with me like a year, I also told this was scam, but they didn’t believe till couple of weeks ago it done in them.

It looks real, because they were ask to do medical/police certificate etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 1:48am On Nov 27, 2022
Rbae:

Wow! Congratulations. I pray I get one too. I'm ready to do all it takes. Please, is the jobbankcca for those in health sector only?

The only special health related recruitment that could happen is that of SINP which they started recently though I haven’t seen anyone that has gotten employment that route. You just upload your CV when you complete your EOI on Saskatchewan site

There might be some special recruitment but via provincial nomination.

But be careful, if I really want to confirm. I can use someone on ground to go check their location and if possible call LABOUR unit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 1:50am On Nov 27, 2022
Anyone in the house with landing gist using Qatar airline to Winnipeg via Montreal?

Can one get his SIN number when you land via Montreal?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sailor1234: 1:51am On Nov 27, 2022
mobenjackson:
Album title: Sounds from the North side (Landing gist)

Artiste: Moben Jackson

Featuring: Family members, Uber, MMIA (Muritala Muhammed International Airport), Customs officers, NDLEA, Agric officers, ET (Ethiopian airlines) desk, AABIA (Addis Ababa Bole International Airport), DIAI (Dublin International Airport, Ireland), TPIA-T1 (Toronto Pearson International Airport -Terminal 1, also known as YYZ), AirCanada, YEG (Edmonton International Airport) and flights ET900, ET552 and AC169.

Executive producer: Moben Jackson

Album length: 33hours

Track 1: MMIA (Leaving the trenches) - Woke up and freshened up, booked uber to the airport alongside loved ones. We arrived past 9am even though my flight was for 1.20pm, we heard that the earlier, the better as you will be more settled b4 u fly, so we followed advice. Got a trolley guy to push the load, paid him 1,500 at the entrance where all begi begi started. I paid 500 per head for loved ones to enter into the airport with me, which also totalled 1,500. I loaded my baggage on the conveyor at the entrance, ut rolled over to the other side of the entrance and was searched by NDLEA guys, nothing was found and so i was left to roll my trolley over to agric officers. My brother who has done 2 airport runs within the last 6 months knew who and where to sort. He saw the officer beckoning on us to get to the agric stand and asked me to see the man, i followed him like a baby bonding to his mom and after jokes made between us, i shook his hands with yet another batch of 1,500 again. And there goes me jumping agric to queue on ET baggage weight line.

I weighed my bags, 32kg and 23kg respectively and these weightwere tagged on each baggage. I also had to celo-wrap my bags at that stand for 3,000 (1,500 per bag - standard fee). I got payment advice from one of the guys doing the weighing. He basically asked for name, final destination, how many bags to be upgraded, airline I'm flying with. I scanned my passport, arrivecan paper and vax card with a lady at the ET desk and she asked that i do copies of my data page. To upgrade my bag, i went upstairs to make payment, i upgraded one bag from 23kg to 32kg at the rate of 28k (they only accept cash or card payments, not transfer). I was issued 2 receipt and my copy of POS reciept. I went back to the lady to give her the copy of my data page as she requested. Then on another line to tag carry on/hand luggage (make sure y'all do this. It is important). No need to tag your backpack or school bag. There i was told to weigh both my bags (23 & 32), unfortunately it totalled 56kg instead of 55kg, i had to remove 1pack of milo & sugar to make it 55.8kg, the lady wanted to ask me to reduce again, but i gave her a very stern look and she understood the assignment and let my people (bags) go onto the conveyor belt which happens to be the last time you'll see your load until YYZ.

Once u done all that, y'all can now take as many pix and videos as una like. By 12pm, we bid our goodbyes and i headed straight for immigration checks, i collected a yellow card which had some biodata i filled, join a queue to submit your passport and in 2mins you'll be done. The officer asked if i had anything for them, i replied - me no get shishi...lol. Another queue to join again, where they will collect that yellow card from you and ask that you do some biometrics registration. Once done, you proceed to strip yourself (phones, belt, keys, earplugs, jacket) to pass through the detector while you pass your carry on & backpack to the other side.

After that, you meet another set of immigration guys who just ask you random questions like where are you going and why. Once done, i located ET boarding gate, here i was frisked again, carry on & backpack ransacked and one of my upgrade reciept was collected and ticket was authorized for flying (one part was torn for their use, while the other part will be given back to you). By 1pm, i boarded the plane and we left the TRENCHES by 2pm.

Track 2: AABIA (Addis Ababa Bole International Airport) - we landed just 5hrs after, though 9pm in Ethiopia cus they are 2hrs ahead 9ja, so technically we took off from 9ja by 4pm Addis time. We got down, and another queue this time, very long o. The airplane was way beautiful than MMIA, it seems 9ja is cursed ground, cus wtf, with all the money we have, we can't even build a standard international Airport. Was frisked again and searched thoroughly, including my carry on & backpack, then found my way around the boarding gates for the Americas (Canada to be precise). We were boarded onto the plane via zoning, i was in zone 2, so i was part of the 2nd set that went on the plane. Our layover of 2hrs was barely enough to get us all on the plane.

Again our journey began....

Track 3: DIAI (Dublin International Airport, Ireland) - We flew for 8hrs, and landed Dublin for refuel which was just about 1hr. Inflight entertainment and food was good. I didn't watch any movie, cus i had seen all the Hollywood movies to be seen except for HIDDEN FIGUEES, but i couldn't watch cus the earplugs given didn't have any bass, so the noise from the plane was too much interference, instead i focused on the flight 3D map and it was interesting to monitor our flight and know where we headed. For food, ET try o, abeg, they served us 4 times (rice, chicken/beef sauce, bread/bagel with spread, biscuits, water, drinks - wine or soft), being not much of a foodie, i only ate the rice at all times, cus small food laidis my belle don full. We were given coffee (with cream & sugar) and cakes, as we finished fueling at Dublin, on our 8hrs flight to Toron'o...lol

Track 4: YYZ (Toronto Pearson International Airport - Terminal 1) we landed by 9am instead of 8.10am bt no lele, we sha don land, my papa go talk say "welcome is better than sorry"...lol... na so people dey run o, to join immigration queue o. So first you join a very long queue, to register on the kiosk machine, no officer to say next, na here DIY (do it yourself) start o, you just look around for the next empty kiosk machine as we have about 20 of them or more sef, then you leave the queue and do self registration. Scan your passport, position to take picture, accept declaration and print, a white slip will come out of the machine. Move to another queue, where they will check the white slip and you may be selected for covid-19 random testing, i wasn't selected sha. So i moved to the CBSA queue, where you'll declare purpose of entry and all those shenanigans, finally you go hear the famous line "Welcome to CANADA". moved on to baggage claim and got my 23kg & 32kg. Then asked for connecting flight lounge, i got there and was told i had missed my flight by some few minutes. I was directed to AirCanada desk to help reschedule at no cost, i was put on the next available flight with wait time of over 3hrs. Well, i enjoyed free wifi and the wait flew by in no time. My big bags were e-tagged and loaded onto the conveyor belt so it can be passed to the airplane to carry it (P.S: my hand luggage wasn't weighed or stuffs bcus i didn't use a box, if u used a box for hand luggage, it will be weighed and if overweight or the dimension is not as it shld, then u may have to rearrange your bag or find a way out sha).

Track 5: YEG (Edmonton International Airport) - flight time from Toronto to Edmonton is 2hrs on paper bt 4hrs in reality cus Edmonton is 2hrs behind Toronto. So flight left from Toronto 2pm (Edmonton 12pm) to land by 4pm (also 4pm Edmonton time), which is correct but in reality, we flew for 4haaaarrrrsssss, mo ni Bleep shit, Canada yii ti tobi juu mhen (this Canada is too big). Na here all the geography for secondary cun dey useful, all those yeye time loss and gain, with those yeye latitude & longitude calculations became reality that day...lol.

I landed Edmonton and my host came to pick me up. The anxiety made me forget my backpack at the airport, i remembered when we were over 10mins drive away. We turned back o, i reach airport, i no see bag, i was scared shitleds, cus na there all documentations dey, most importantly COPR (gobe!). I asked around and a nice lady officer told me to come over to a storage room, there i saw my bag o. My mind just flashed back to the TRENCHES, say if there, that bag is a goner...lol. I retrieved my bag and thanked her and went on my way.

Track 6: Edmonton (the dream turned REALITY) - hmmmm, the breathe of fresh air. It's worth it ooo. Pls y'all should come over, it's worth all the wait and patience. I have done my SIN (social insurance number), gotten a mobile plan, opened a bank account. Will start applying soon. Wonder why i dropped my landing gist now? I am still jetlagged, my body clock is betraying me coupled with say light no dey go for here. It's 5.01am here and i have been awake typing this since 3.00am. People say it's cold, yes, -12°C, but then there is me who sleeps without a shirt or coverlet and the heater isn't turned on sef (e be like the heat wey do me for 9ja don fry my hard drive...lol)

Outro: CANADA in Jesus name - The wait is worth it in the end!

Thank God it ended in praise �

Hello, please did you need a transit visa for Dublin? I am planning of booking same airline for my mum to come visit me in canada. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by saskatoonguy: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2022
sailor1234:

Hello, please did you need a transit visa for Dublin? I am planning of booking same airline for my mum to come visit me in canada. Thanks
Ethiopia doesn't need Transit Visa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:31am On Nov 27, 2022
Teetom04:

Best

Thanks for your input. My ielts is expiring next month so I’m just trying to put all together ASAP.

Best to get your docs submitted and AOR locked in before IELTS expires. Also get a new pcc for Nigeria
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2022
JennyBay:
Hello all,

Please advise.

Yes you do…any flights through the US or more than 1 stop in Eu countries require transit visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.