Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1040819 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (628) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2023
Savagethe21st:
yes I am a software engineer in a nigerian fintech
Baba, enter pool yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
aestake:

Baba, enter pool yesterday.
no they cut from 480 upwards for software engineers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
Savagethe21st:
no they cut from 480 upwards for software engineers
I meant are you in the pool? They may do an IT only draw. You never know...other provinces can as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ifakiland(m): 5:01am On Feb 04, 2023
Savagethe21st:
I feel very sad with the high cutoff scores. I have only bachelor's degree, I don't have a job offer,I am not married, I have no relative in Canada, I do not have a Canadian certification neither do I know french as a second language. Even if I get a perfect score in ielts my crs will be 441.
Go and do unilag HRDC advance diploma in bus admin to gain point for 2 or more certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 5:59am On Feb 04, 2023
Savagethe21st:
yes I am a software engineer in a nigerian fintech
shocked shocked Please if you have taken IELTS, dive into the pool ASAP. You have good experience in a skill many people are aspiring and struggling to have. Abeg ooo.
To slightly digress, you mentioned you are not married. I don't know if you are currently dating but I would love to advise you to be very intentional while still being open-minded about your relationship. If you are not currently dating, seek for an understanding partner who can also put you at advantage in this journey. As a software engineer, you are already an asset, find someone who complements you. At least, it worked for me and a couple of other people I am privileged to know. I met my spouse late 2020 while working on a project. She was 22 and had an MSc with over 2 years post NYSC work experience. I fell in love immediately. grin
I noticed we shared similar ideas and mutually agreed that migrating to Canada was a great option. I also have siblings in Canada, so it was a perfect mix. I'm saying all of these to encourage you to see the bigger picture. Brother, dive into the pool and seek other alternatives (like the second certificate or spouse option) while you wait. May God bless your efforts

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 6:09am On Feb 04, 2023
braine:

No payment if its federal.
chai, goodluck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AlvinAlex: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2023
mcstan18:

484 is a good score. Howbeit, don't rest on your oars. That's one tough lesson I've learnt from my 6 years + experience on this journey. Just keep pushing on all possible fronts.

Goodluck

I know this might have been answered previously, pardon me.

If my study application is already on processing, or the visa approved, and I then receive an ITA, am I permitted to abandon my studies and focus on my EE to get a job full time?

For such a situation, what is expected from an applicant?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
AlvinAlex:

I know this might have been answered previously, pardon me.

If my study application is already on processing, or the visa approved, and I then receive an ITA, am I permitted to abandon my studies and focus on my EE to get a job full time?

For such a situation, what is expected from an applicant?

Of course yes, they are mutually exclusive events
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2023
Hello all, I know the IELTS results that can give you maximum points, but I will like to know if a band 6.5 can get you into the pool, if it can, what is the effect of not getting a band 8?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2023
Ifakiland:

Go and do unilag HRDC advance diploma in bus admin to gain point for 2 or more certificate
how many years is it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:
shocked shocked Please if you have taken IELTS, dive into the pool ASAP. You have good experience in a skill many people are aspiring and struggling to have. Abeg ooo.
To slightly digress, you mentioned you are not married. I don't know if you are currently dating but I would love to advise you to be very intentional while still being open-minded about your relationship. If you are not currently dating, seek for an understanding partner who can also put you at advantage in this journey. As a software engineer, you are already an asset, find someone who complements you. At least, it worked for me and a couple of other people I am privileged to know. I met my spouse late 2020 while working on a project. She was 22 and had an MSc with over 2 years post NYSC work experience. I fell in love immediately. grin
I noticed we shared similar ideas and mutually agreed that migrating to Canada was a great option. I also have siblings in Canada, so it was a perfect mix. I'm saying all of these to encourage you to see the bigger picture. Brother, dive into the pool and seek other alternatives (like the second certificate or spouse option) while you wait. May God bless your efforts
boss the cut high for software engineers some days ago. They cut 480 plus. Also I don't have a partner love is hard to find.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2023
Savagethe21st:
boss the cut high for software engineers some days ago. They cut 480 plus. Also I don't have a partner love is hard to find.
....Did you just write that "love is hard to find"....I think you need to check yourself,and define what your values are.. You need to determine what you need/looking for in a partner.

In addition,I think you need to work more on your mindset.A lot of battles are won from the mind first

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2023
Savagethe21st:

You can learn French then, easier than finding love

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
tholah01:
Congratulations to all my fellow future Canadians that Got ITA and Noi from Ontario, I was also thinking i will get the Noi cause my Noc was part of the ones they picked but after seeing that the cutoff was 476 then i understood cause my CRS is 475, I hope i get picked by one of this provinces someday or FSW draws come down to 470 so i can get ITA o, My ielts result will expire by September, I pray i get ITA before then in Jesus name. Amen
...I am very optimistic that you will get ITA before your IELTS expire.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2023
Zeewirld:
....Did you just write that "love is hard to find"....I think you need to check yourself,and define what your values are.. You need to determine what you need/looking for in a partner.

In addition,I think you need to work more on your mindset.A lot of battles are won from the mind first
Marriage is not for everyone. Marriage shouldn't be mainly associated with immigration too.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2023
Profgordons:

You can learn French then, easier than finding love
Love with immigration values or just love? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2023
nymphomaniac:
It’s ITA BABY! God be praised.

Congratulations…Tapping ITA blessing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2023
jasperonyx:
Hello all, I know the IELTS results that can give you maximum points, but I will like to know if a band 6.5 can get you into the pool, if it can, what is the effect of not getting a band 8?
use the crs calculator to simulate scores with different ielts. If you are able to enter with 6.5 ( assuming none of the scores is less than 6 individually) and dont get PNP from any province. You will be in the pool as a decoration 🙄
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2023
Savagethe21st:
I feel very sad with the high cutoff scores. I have only bachelor's degree, I don't have a job offer,I am not married, I have no relative in Canada, I do not have a Canadian certification neither do I know french as a second language. Even if I get a perfect score in ielts my crs will be 441.
people have been hustling for second degree since 2018 or so. Nothing new there. As a tech person go and write BCS to get two or more degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Eejb: 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2023
Savagethe21st:

I think you should stop feeling very sad and start, write your ielts and get in the pool, even if you have to rewrite IELTS to max out or order a remark.
Targeted draws are starting and your NOC is hot, explore getting BCS to also improve your score, and don't lose hope.

#my2cents

On a general note, it's been a good week on this NL thread, Congratulations and stay hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2023
ednut1:
use the crs calculator to simulate scores with different ielts. If you are able to enter with 6.5 ( assuming none of the scores is less than 6 individually) and dont get PNP from any province. You will be in the pool as a decoration 🙄
Thank you, Although your comments can be mean and funny at same time, loll!
I actually got a band 6.5, with non less than 6.,6.5 except in reading which is 7.5.
single,I am getting 457, as married 403 without spouse language and education.
I intend to rewrite,for now let my spouse sit for the test.
Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2023
jasperonyx:
I actually got a band 6.5, with non less than 6.,6.5 except in reading which is 7.5.
Thank you for your help.
hey sis, IELTS is not easy oo, I guess you got better point from work experience and education?
I think a 6.5 can get you inside the pool, while you plan to rewrite or any other way to increase your point, I don't believe that you could be disqualified because of low IELTS, if you have what they need.
Check out pnp too, new Brunswick, Manitoba and others
You could also encourage your spouse to write the test,and evaluate his certificate.
Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2023
Does it mean that everyone that succeeded in this journey got a perfect IELTS results.
Na question I de ask ooo
Congratulations to all that got IELTS.
Nyphomanaic and others, I am rooting for you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2023
jasperonyx:
Thank you for your help.
👹 . Your score is definitely not 457 with that scores unless you have TEF or studied in Canada. You will be around 380 to 400 with that scores. Your are obviously selecting the wrong answer in crs question 6.i . ITs talking about work experience in Canada. First option should be your answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2023
Honeysweetest:
Does it mean that everyone that succeeded in this journey got a perfect IELTS results.
Na question I de ask ooo
Congratulations to all that got IELTS.
Nyphomanaic and others, I am rooting for you all.
you already answered it in your previous post. Some with low scores got in with PNP. There are also people go got higher scores in TEF than ielts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dox23: 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
Hello Fam

A room in a 2 bedroom house, fully furnished just became available for rent, in the block my brother lives in Alberta, if anyone is interested.

Located in Chinook, SW Calgary, Alberta.

Multiple bus stations are just 2 minutes walking distance with easy access to bus routes to all quadrants and the c-train. Walking distance to major grocery stores as location is very central.

*Rent term*: 4 months short stay. New comers to Canada are welcome.

*Security deposit*: $300

*Monthly rent*: $700 [All bills inclusive]

*Move in date*: February, 2023

If you’re Interested please WhatsApp me 08023594767

Thank you.

No sure, but I think it is for a male occupant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
Na wa for these application fee o.

Hmmmm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2023
ednut1:
👹 . Your score is definitely not 457 with that scores unless you have TEF or studied in Canada. You will be around 380 to 400 with that scores. Your are obviously selecting the wrong answer in crs question 6.i . ITs talking about work experience in Canada. First option should be your answer
it's actually 403. Already on PNP route. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2023
Honeysweetest:
hey sis, IELTS is not easy oo, I guess you got better point from work experience and education?
I think a 6.5 can get you inside the pool, while you plan to rewrite or any other way to increase your point, I don't believe that you could be disqualified because of low IELTS, if you have what they need.
Check out pnp too, new Brunswick, Manitoba and others
You could also encourage your spouse to write the test,and evaluate his certificate.
Goodluck.
thank you.
Was considering NWPNP even before I got the results.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AlvinAlex: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
Profgordons:

Of course yes, they are mutually exclusive events

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2023
Zeewirld:

Thank you for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2023
Eejb:

I think you should stop feeling very sad and start, write your ielts and get in the pool, even if you have to rewrite IELTS to max out or order a remark.
Targeted draws are starting and your NOC is hot, explore getting BCS to also improve your score, and don't lose hope.

#my2cents

On a general note, it's been a good week on this NL thread, Congratulations and stay hopeful.
Thank you sir for the words of encouragement. Please what is BCS

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (628) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.