Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1040179 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (627) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 8:47am On May 31, 2023
phollybee:
Please can anybody refer me to sure agent in helping to secure working visa in Canada,, most of the online post I'm seeing on Facebook are fake, please help me with a sure link
ask your self an honest question. Do you know anyone in real life that has gotten this so called working visa to Canada via agent . Those agents will keep cashing out because many Nigerians are gullible and desperate.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by babepink(f): 9:03am On May 31, 2023
Tim5press:

I've carefully read your messages and responses but unfortunately no one made mention of something very important;
I believe you know that the moment you include your spouse post ITA, your CRS scores will.be recalculated with your spouse information and if the score doesn't give you the minimum score they used to give you ITA, you won't pass the eligibility.

Scores are not recalculated post-AOR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by babepink(f): 9:11am On May 31, 2023
phollybee:
Thanks for the info boss I'm a novice,, just looking for simplest way to japa

Simplest way is the express entry IMO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 10:12am On May 31, 2023
Any May 17 AoR that has gotten medical passed and biometric letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nessa14: 11:28am On May 31, 2023
Qwertyuser:
Hi all, Please has anyone had this experience of "eligibility not started to completed on the tracker?" I do not understand why eligibility is not started yet.

I'm in the same dilemma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Beautenoire: 11:28am On May 31, 2023
Anyone gotten PPR recently? Seems everywhere is kinda quiet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nessa14: 11:31am On May 31, 2023
Beautenoire:

I noticed too.. When was your AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 12:05pm On May 31, 2023
Yes o. My sister. AOR March 24. PPR May 19. She just submitted passport. In less than2 months. We are still in awe of what GOD did.

Beautenoire:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Beautenoire: 12:26pm On May 31, 2023
bekayy:
Yes o. My sister. AOR March 24. PPR May 19. She just submitted passport. In less than2 months. We are still in awe of what GOD did.

Wow! Same here o
AOR- March 24th
Last Update
Background In progress- April 19th
Eligibility- Not started on tracker

Still waiting for PPR though. Is the person CEC or PNP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enculer2: 1:33pm On May 31, 2023
Hgold:
Thank you for your response. How can I connect with you?

Contact via personal message or on here no worries. Always happy to share my experience and provide advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 1:49pm On May 31, 2023
PPR testimony.

ITA. Feb 2
AOR. Mar 24
Medical passed. Apr 17
Biometrics. Apr 26
Ready for visa mail, PPR. May 19
FSW O. My sister lives in Abuja.

We don’t know her visa office.

Beautenoire:

Wow! Same here o
AOR- March 24th
Last Update
Background In progress- April 19th
Eligibility- Not started on tracker

Still waiting for PPR though. Is the person CEC or PNP?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tomfoolery: 2:11pm On May 31, 2023
Hello,

I hope you landed safely and doing well.
Thank you for your help so far. I intend to arrive in Canada next month and I'll like to know how you bought CAD before landing. Thank you very much 🙏🏽
Abercrome:

Ohh really. I think FCMB still has a $4k limit. It seems a number of banks are gradually reducing their limits though but CBN portal still allows you to input $4k. Thankfully, we have return tickets so fingers crossed that we get approved.

You should definitely take advantage of the $2k if you can. I bought CAD this week from some black market dealers in Canada (Nigerians) and I bought in two batches at N560 and N562. I was just hissing like Naira is so useless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hayqinsbFX: 2:30pm On May 31, 2023
Hello All,
is there a group for March to May AOR? Telegram or whatsapp? if theres none - t. me/ AprilMayAOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 2:44pm On May 31, 2023
Ravissante:
Good day everyone, please i need advice on the issue below:

I have received ITA, passed Medicals and also done biometrics. My fiancee and I have our court wedding scheduled for sometime in June 2023 after which, i am to update/inform IRCC of the change in my marital status and then include him as an accompanying spouse.

The issue now is he had, in 2021 and 2022, applied to US for school and was refused VISA both times. Unfortunately, he had put in the second time(in 2022) that he was married to me and provided my name (i.e First name, second name and his surname) in a bid to show home ties.

I feel this may constitute an issue as i entered the pool in NOV 2022 as a single lady (rightly so as i was and am still unmarried) and this misrepresentation may be known to them when running their background check on previously visa denials.

Can anyone who has been in this situation or has an advice for this help with how this can be handled?

First, let me just say this was originally ill-advised. I hope you learn from this to make better decisions going forward and not let a man railroad you or put you in a very difficult place to achieve his own objectives.

Now my 2 cents. Technically, and in the eyes of the US consulate, you guys are already married. If he supplied all your identifiable information (sex, age, name, maiden name, etc.). By near extension, in the eyes of IRCC, you guys are also married. When they look up your information in other databases, they won't use your biometrics to do so. They will use the same identifiable information he supplied and that could be enough to raise a red flag. Maybe they will push ADR to you and you will be left with no explanations, having already "lied" you were not married. And please note that that ultimately affects the CRS score you are claiming.

I'd just advise that you assume yourself married altogether, even if you are applying without the dude. If that doesn't affect your CRS score, all well and good. Go ahead and do some sort of court wedding to finalize the details so you'll have documents to back up your position. Then proceed with your application. Remember that you get a ban for misrepresentation, which appears to be the case here if you proceed without alerting them to your situation.

Alternatively, you can risk it and not reveal anything, and it may work for you anyways. That's also possible. A search with your identifiable information may turn up results that are not substantial enough for them to issue ADR or act or anything. But the real problem will come when you want to do spousal visa, in which case it will turn up you were already married and which will invalidate your previous PR application. That could also lead to deportation, since it means you never qualified for the PR in the first place.

Really, the decision is up to you. Assume yourself married like you actually really were in the eyes of these foreign embassies, or take the risk.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonto30(f): 4:25pm On May 31, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:38pm On May 31, 2023
Some of the NOCs for targeted draws:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/category-based-selection.html

Looks like the category based draws will be added to existing draws. So in the same way they have CEC only or PNP only they may have category based, however, it looks like the All Program draws will also continue alongside as happens currently.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Hassy4(f): 5:43pm On May 31, 2023
Thanks alot foryourresponse. Iappreciate.
[q1uote author=ednut1 post=123473155]this is a bad idea. Do not try this. You want to take a loan and still bring in children. What happened to only one person going With a dependent visa do you think your spouse will get a well paying job that can cater for the family ?? Mostly no. Loan, cost of living, rent for 2 bed room etc. abeg o[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 6:25pm On May 31, 2023
GraciousWords:
Some of the NOCs for targeted draws:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/category-based-selection.html

Looks like the category based draws will be added to existing draws. So in the same way they have CEC only or PNP only they may have category based but it seems the All Program draws will also continue alongside as happens currently.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html
Not french coming in as a saviour grin. Let me log out and face my books.lol If you land outside of these occupations, look into french please. If you're currently studying, more grease.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TwinHeart: 6:29pm On May 31, 2023
dotter8:
Good day my people,

I have a friend who completed a 'Doctor of Medicine' degree from an Ukrainian university looking to start her PR Journey but a bit confused on steps towards achieving a positive ECA assessement for highest degree. (i would like to hear more from anyone in similar situation)

1. Since Ukraine is in war, how possible is it to get her transcript sent to WES? is it okay for her to use the original Transcript already issued by the school on completion of her studies in 2019? or just email WES to explain the situation?

2. will WES assess her 'Doctor of Medicine' degree as a professional degree needed to practise in a licenesed profession (eqivalent to masters degree level of education) or should she assess with IQAS?

Looking forward to a beautiful reply. Thank you.

I think assessment with MCC (physiciansapply.ca) is better for doctors
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:20pm On May 31, 2023
aurorae1:

Not french coming in as a saviour grin. Let me log out and face my books.lol If you land outside of these occupations, look into french please. If you're currently studying, more grease.

CLB 7 = 62 CRS points plus a possible 6 extra from CLB 9 in CO and CE.......what's not to love and sacrifice one year of one's life for!

Before it was 30 bonus CRS points, then 50...maybe if they up it to 70 it may become more attractive to English speakers.

#AllezLesFrançais #AllezLesFrancophones
#BleuBlancRouge

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 8:22pm On May 31, 2023
GraciousWords:

CLB 7 = 62 CRS points plus a possible 6 extra from CLB 9 in CO and CE.......what's not to love and sacrifice one year of one's life for!

Before it was 30 bonus CRS points, then 50...maybe if they up it to 70 it may become more attractive to English speakers.

#AllezLesFrançais
#BlueBlancRouge

Effectivement !
#AllezLesCanadiens
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ravissante(f): 8:33pm On May 31, 2023
NuCypher:

First, let me just say this was originally ill-advised. I hope you learn from this to make better decisions going forward and not let a man railroad you or put you in a very difficult place to achieve his own objectives.

Now my 2 cents. Technically, and in the eyes of the US consulate, you guys are already married. If he supplied all your identifiable information (sex, age, name, maiden name, etc.). By near extension, in the eyes of IRCC, you guys are also married. When they look up your information in other databases, they won't use your biometrics to do so. They will use the same identifiable information he supplied and that could be enough to raise a red flag. Maybe they will push ADR to you and you will be left with no explanations, having already "lied" you were not married. And please note that that ultimately affects the CRS score you are claiming.

I'd just advise that you assume yourself married altogether, even if you are applying without the dude. If that doesn't affect your CRS score, all well and good. Go ahead and do some sort of court wedding to finalize the details so you'll have documents to back up your position. Then proceed with your application. Remember that you get a ban for misrepresentation, which appears to be the case here if you proceed without alerting them to your situation.

Alternatively, you can risk it and not reveal anything, and it may work for you anyways. That's also possible. A search with your identifiable information may turn up results that are not substantial enough for them to issue ADR or act or anything. But the real problem will come when you want to do spousal visa, in which case it will turn up you were already married and which will invalidate your previous PR application. That could also lead to deportation, since it means you never qualified for the PR in the first place.

Really, the decision is up to you. Assume yourself married like you actually really were in the eyes of these foreign embassies, or take the risk.

Dont you think jumping to conclusion in paragraph 1 is really absurd. Where in my write up did i say i was aware that this was done in the Us application?

Abeg, i appreciate advices given but what i wont tolerate is insults flung even based off on imagined theories.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ravissante(f): 8:37pm On May 31, 2023
Llaye:
Please hire a Canadian immigration lawyer.
It’s always risky providing information that wasn’t asked of you so giving details of why he included you as married in his application may actually cause you more problems. I’m not sure the EE application asks anything about who you applied with. All they ask is that you declare any refusals.

Plus, it’s not your name on that application. He wrote your first name and his surname e.g Ravissante Femme, but your own name is Ravissante Partenaire. They are not the same person.
And he could have been married to another woman at the time he applied to America. will you be worried about not disclosing that?

A lawyer is additional cost, but it’ll save you plenty of worry.

But if na me, I’ll do as you originally thought to do: Apply single, get married after AOR and then add him as a dependant.

Let him answer questions truthfully
Q- were you ever refused a visa
A- YES
Q- provide details
A- I was refused a US study visa in 2021 and 2022. No detail or explanation was given for the refusal
(America no dey give reasons on why they refuse you)

Finish.
Risky yeah, but my mind carry am.
For you, please get professional help

Thank you very much. We are trying to explore getting a certified lawyer as advised. Expensive but i pray its worth it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ravissante(f): 8:38pm On May 31, 2023
tshtsh:

May be you should contact an immigration lawyer. Always better to be truthful and consistent in applications and all we do. In addition adding a spouse post ITA may led to the recalculation of your points. I'm not entirely sure what the policy on that is

We are exploring this now. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ravissante(f): 8:39pm On May 31, 2023
ednut1:
she should contact a licensed immigration lawyer. Because if it goes south or there are implications of his actions that marriage self is good as gone . Things dey happen

Thank you ednut1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 11:16pm On May 31, 2023
Ravissante:

Dont you think jumping to conclusion in paragraph 1 is really absurd. Where in my write up did i say i was aware that this was done in the Us application?

Abeg, i appreciate advices given but what i wont tolerate is insults flung even based off on imagined theories.

Thank you.
Once you throw your matter open, you don't determine the responses. Sieve things and move with the best for you. Whether you were in the know or not, if he is inadmissible to Canada you're too. Again, keep to the truth. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ravissante(f): 11:20pm On May 31, 2023
aestake:

Once you throw your matter open, you don't determine the responses. Sieve things and move with the best for you. Whether you were in the know or not, if he is inadmissible to Canada you're too. Again, keep to the truth. Good luck!

I will sieve what i want AND also correct silly assumptions when I can.

Thanks for the good wishes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 11:22pm On May 31, 2023
Ravissante:

I will sieve what i want AND also correct silly assumptions when I can.

Thanks for the good wishes
It is like correcting every driver when driving. Good luck with that too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ravissante(f): 11:32pm On May 31, 2023
aestake:

It is like correcting every driver when driving. Good luck with that too.

Ok good luck to you too

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 12:50am On Jun 01, 2023
Timmypaul:
Any May 17 AoR that has gotten medical passed and biometric letter

I got medicals passed and biometrics letter today. AOR was on May 14.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Deltayankeeboi: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2023
Good morning house. Please for someone who meets other requirements(masters degree, work experience) for this new category based express entry but is in the 40’s. Is it advisable to apply for the express entry considering the age factor?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2023
This Naira devaluation to 631 (I hope not true) will be an issue for POF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (627) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: miolad20(m), Honeysweetest(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.