Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

A Must Read: A'ibom State Commissioner Emerges President Of 83 Year Old Alumni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Must Read: A'ibom State Commissioner Emerges President Of 83 Year Old Alumni (345 Views)

Tinubu Mocked Jonathan For Giving 83-Year-Old Anenih An Appointment (Throwback) / George Obiozor Emerges President Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Enugu State Commissioner Of Police Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read: A'ibom State Commissioner Emerges President Of 83 Year Old Alumni by Ibomheadlines: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2021
WAPI old students association elects new leadership

Sir Charles Udoh, the Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Environment and Solid Minerals, has emerged the pioneer president of West Africa Peoples’ Institute Calabar Old Student Association (WAPIOSA) Worldwide.

In a keenly contested election, Sir Charles Udoh was elected new President with other Exco members to run the affairs of the association from 2021 to 2024 .

The Chairman of the electoral committee Barr. Ekong Koofreh said it was the first time the association conducted a proper election where members were duly elected into executive positions.

In his acceptance note after the election, Sir Charles Udoh thanked members for earning their trust and confidence to lead the association.

He pledged, together with his EXCO members, to serve the interest of the association at all times.

‘”I am deeply honoured and grateful to have been voted as the President of WAPIOSA WORLDWIDE; I do not take it for granted.

" Thank you for the trust and confidence. I am humbled.I will not go further without a special thank you to Rev. Ubong Ph.D for being the glue that God used to bind us together.

"I am wholly committed to all of us building valuable lifelong relationships with one another.

"Let me say that while my campaign team worked tirelessly for my Presidency, I want to assure everyone that it is a presidency for the whole house. We are bound together, not only by the common denominator - WAPI, but by the passion to give back to our alma mater, the passion to hold one another’s hands up the ladder of life.

"I want to assure all the sets and groups that I will promote every action within my reach so that the WAPIOSA can play a central role in advancing towards the betterment of our alma mater."

He added that his immediate task will be to embark on fence mending mission by bring together all splinter groups and appealed to WAPIANS wherever they may be to bury hatchet

“I offer an open-door presidency and I will keep that promise. In addition, today I reiterate my commitment to acting as an impartial, objective and open facilitator. In addition to being a professional-in-politics, I am also a banker and a fine artist who started his career as a trainer and management consultant.

"As such, I am fully aware that no view is useful if we do not see, and no words have value if we do not listen. I will be ready to listen to all representatives and to work for them and with them."

Other members of the Exco includes: Mr, Godwin B. Edem-Vice President, Dr. Asuquo Ene-Secretary General, Mrs. Doris F. Ekpenyong-Assistant Secretary , Mrs. Felicity Obi-Treasurer, Pastor Ubong Thompson-Financial Secretary, Mrs. Ekpa Mensah-Welfare , Mr. Bassey Edim Otop-Publicity Secretary and Mrs. Gloria Ewa elected as Provost.

West African People’s Institute (WAPI); Nigeria’s first private secondary school, founded in 1938 by a renounced Nigerian Nationalist ,Prof Eyo Ita and “Dedicated to West African Youth”.

The vision of the school as promulgated by Prof. Eyo Ita was to train youths to gain technical skills to become self-reliant, reasons for setting up workshops and printing press. 

The 83-year-old institution located at Diamond Hill in Calabar, Cross River state has produced notable Nigerians who have distinguished themselves and occupied vantage positions in their chosen careers including the Current Obong of Calabar.

Re: A Must Read: A'ibom State Commissioner Emerges President Of 83 Year Old Alumni by MRDEE01: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
congratulations

(1) (Reply)

ANAMBRA DECIDE!! INEC Announce Result For Awka South Local Government / Kano Beats South East In VAT Collection / 2023: Ijebu North Ii Apc Aspirant, Abiodun Odutayo Donates Laptops To Party, Sup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.