Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity (26907 Views)

Have you Met A Celebrity? Share Your Experience. / Uche Jombo And Omoni Oboli Snub Each Other At Dubai Tourism / Dress Like A Celebrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by olibeans: 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
Realhommie:
Yea, I get you... And I'm impressed with your response bro, i expected the usual hurling of insults accompanied with some arrogance. Shows you're mature and that's a big deal. It is why you don't need to hold it against him anymore because it's in the past and like you said you've been blessed so look past it.

Because the truth is, whether you forgive him or not it won't change anything or affect him in anyway. He doesn't know if you exist or not, he doesn't know if you're angry with him or not. Don't let that haunt you no more except you've been suffering low self-esteem owing to that singular incident. But you can do better bro.

Give it up, life is short. #Peace.

Thank you so much.
God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by freddaboh(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tranquility2345:
Banky W - very arrogant mofo. I dey go same gym with am but when I saw him at the club and greeted the fool, he look me up to down like say I be scallywag angry

MI - was also going to the same gym. Very humble guy. Saw him at the club and the guy shook me well and even ask how I dey smiley

Amaju Pinnick - Jammed the stupid fool in a hotel in Accra. The idiot dey carry nose for me after I introduced myself to him as a Nigerian. Very ugly man angry

Tubaba - came to club with one very fine yellow girl like that. Came to greet all of us wey dey VIP with am cool

Jay Jay Okocha - carry some correct fresh girls come club. The nicest celeb ever. Just dey give everybody free Cristal champagne tongue

Davido - that one came with 3BG guys like 20 boys. He just dey him table dey wink at my girl all through the night. He no even send me angry

Obafemi Martins - also moves around with like a dozen people. Went to him as he was eating with his friends (including this nice half caste girl) and he gladly gave me an autograph. Correct guy smiley

Reminisce - we siddon for plane to London. Jolly good fella..but he drank too much and vomited embarassed

OBJ - Baba was my seat mate on the way to London. Nice guy. As we reach Heathrow, Baba just dey waka like soldier. Waka even faster than his aides. As we dey passport control, they announced the presence of the former president of Naija, Olusegun Obasanjo and everybody clap including oyibo. Baba just bow like gentleman cheesy

Nice one bro.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by sharpwriter(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

BASKETMOUTH
-----------------------

I used to work in an organisation where we host celebrities from all walks of fame every blessed day. Basketmouth and his cohorts came on this eventful day for a premiere of a movie.

I and another colleague were assigned to their space to attend to them and address whatever complaints they had. My colleague was anticipating joyfully and had told me how "in her words", I go snap picture tire with these celebs today. I wondered why she was that excited. I mean, they had never appealed to me anyway. So, I couldn't imagine what her hullabaloo was all about.

Deep into the event, this colleague couldn't control herself and went all berserk pleading with Basketmouth for a picture. I had to take 10 steps backwards because I had already anticipated a truckload of embarrassment from him since his countenance changed immediately that colleague went towards him.

" Hi Basketmouth, you are one of my favourite celebrities. Please, I beg of you, can I just have a picture with you as this moment means a lot to me.

Basketmouth in his usual condescending arrogance outrightly told her to get out of his presence and face her job. I was ashamed on her behalf. I could imagine myself in her shoes at that moment. I was sure she died a thousand times.

Well, the excuse is that celebrities are humans too, and could have their bad and good days, but no, Basketmouth is an arrogant person twice every day. I made sure I paid him back for the embarrassment he caused her and the come back was mad. He felt it.

The time arrived for food and drinks to be shared amongst them. I made sure I took less than a pack of food/drink to be given so he wouldn't get any. I intentionally delayed him for 3 hours until the show was approaching nil. He beckoned to me and asked me what his crime was as he was hungry and needed to eat badly.

Well, I condescendingly replied as well and told him that I wasn't the one assigned to his table and that when the lady who was assigned to his table arrives, he'll get food to eat. He went silent till the show ended. Nobody cares. grin

CC: Sharpwriter.
Thank you for your robust reply jare. That was a nice clapback you gave him.

But 3 hours food delay? Chai, you punish am o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by sharpwriter(m): 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tranquility2345:
Banky W - very arrogant mofo. I dey go same gym with am but when I saw him at the club and greeted the fool, he look me up to down like say I be scallywag angry

MI - was also going to the same gym. Very humble guy. Saw him at the club and the guy shook me well and even ask how I dey smiley

Amaju Pinnick - Jammed the stupid fool in a hotel in Accra. The idiot dey carry nose for me after I introduced myself to him as a Nigerian. Very ugly man angry

Tubaba - came to club with one very fine yellow girl like that. Came to greet all of us wey dey VIP with am cool

Jay Jay Okocha - carry some correct fresh girls come club. The nicest celeb ever. Just dey give everybody free Cristal champagne tongue

Davido - that one came with 3BG guys like 20 boys. He just dey him table dey wink at my girl all through the night. He no even send me angry

Obafemi Martins - also moves around with like a dozen people. Went to him as he was eating with his friends (including this nice half caste girl) and he gladly gave me an autograph. Correct guy smiley

Reminisce - we siddon for plane to London. Jolly good fella..but he drank too much and vomited embarassed

OBJ - Baba was my seat mate on the way to London. Nice guy. As we reach Heathrow, Baba just dey waka like soldier. Waka even faster than his aides. As we dey passport control, they announced the presence of the former president of Naija, Olusegun Obasanjo and everybody clap including oyibo. Baba just bow like gentleman cheesy

shocked You alone witnessed all of these? You be big man o.

I like the fact that 2baba and okocha no fvk up cos I so much like dem. Banky fvk up.

As for Davido, dude needs deliverance cheesy
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Mayhem1: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tranquility2345:

Lai Muhammad dey learn work for your side

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Dreytonisback(m): 6:07am On Nov 03, 2021
aikyg:
It was during my undergraduate days in Enugu. I entered a bus and saw one of the Nollywood actresses in the same bus. I didn't recognise her immediately, after a while I was able to figure out that she was one of the popular Nollywood actresses. I was already close to my bus stop, so I tore a sheet of paper from my notebook and wrote, "You are one of my favourite Nigerian movie actresses." When i got to my bus stop, I gave her the note. She hissed and threw it away.

Her name ?
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Dreytonisback(m): 6:41am On Nov 03, 2021
Forget story , celebrity status sweet

I've met with all the A- list Nigerian artists , I'll mention a few

The day Simi was shooting her video for her song "Joromi" back of TBS (Lagos)
My guy was like "drey see Simi)

Me: and so ? Make she dey abeg , see how she short sef wink don't blame me , I just don't give a fvck

I walked into a bar in Irawo (Lagos) and saw some popular Yoruba actors , they were just chilling bc they were shooting a movie in that environ,. Omoborty , Ijebu , Kevin , mide martins , abidemi taofeek
I noticed they were expecting me to feel exited , I have one principle
"If you no hail me , I no they hail u " I just sat down , blaze my Loud and drank my 5alive puppy and left , fear no allow Dem tell me say my Loud dey smell enter their nose

Some years back in Dubai , Doha road to be precise , I saw Hushpuppi , omo I bone am
Even when someone organized a yatch party , with artists like my very own wizkid , asa, princess shyngle , Jackie appiah, hajia 4 real , king promise , Woodberry , peter psquare , R2bees , too many , omo I just order my own blast and stay on my lane jeje , in abroad nobody knows who you are , so the respect is on a hundred
MUGEEZ one of the R2beez guy walked up to me and sat with me bc he saw me smoking pure Canadian Loud wink

In ikoyi where my house is , there's a studio but I won't mention the street name for some reasons

Lynxxx comes there daily cuz he lives in Dolphin , we go order fish together , we go dey alright,

Just hustle and leave this country, you'll see reasons why no celebrity is worth fvcking yourself over except :

The only celebs I would try to get their attention by all means are:
2pac Shakur (RIP)
Ronaldinho
Ronaldo
Lucky dube (rip)
Bob Marley (rip)
And my wife , she's my celebrity every seconds

Lights up my kpoli in peace

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by aikyg(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2021
Dreytonisback:

Her name ?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by aswani(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

BASKETMOUTH
-----------------------

I used to work in an organisation where we host celebrities from all walks of fame every blessed day. Basketmouth and his cohorts came on this eventful day for a premiere of a movie.

I and another colleague were assigned to their space to attend to them and address whatever complaints they had. My colleague was anticipating joyfully and had told me how "in her words", I go snap picture tire with these celebs today. I wondered why she was that excited. I mean, they had never appealed to me anyway. So, I couldn't imagine what her hullabaloo was all about.

Deep into the event, this colleague couldn't control herself and went all berserk pleading with Basketmouth for a picture. I had to take 10 steps backwards because I had already anticipated a truckload of embarrassment from him since his countenance changed immediately that colleague went towards him.

" Hi Basketmouth, you are one of my favourite celebrities. Please, I beg of you, can I just have a picture with you as this moment means a lot to me.

Basketmouth in his usual condescending arrogance outrightly told her to get out of his presence and face her job. I was ashamed on her behalf. I could imagine myself in her shoes at that moment. I was sure she died a thousand times.

Well, the excuse is that celebrities are humans too, and could have their bad and good days, but no, Basketmouth is an arrogant person twice every day. I made sure I paid him back for the embarrassment he caused her and the come back was mad. He felt it.

The time arrived for food and drinks to be shared amongst them. I made sure I took less than a pack of food/drink to be given so he wouldn't get any. I intentionally delayed him for 3 hours until the show was approaching nil. He beckoned to me and asked me what his crime was as he was hungry and needed to eat badly.

Well, I condescendingly replied as well and told him that I wasn't the one assigned to his table and that when the lady who was assigned to his table arrives, he'll get food to eat. He went silent till the show ended. Nobody cares. grin

You put him in his place but your friend was unprofessional too and got what she deserved.

If she wasn't working then I would have blamed basketmouth for what he said but she was being paid to do a job and was effectively cheating her employer.

I hope she learnt her lesson.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by TheOnlyUyai(f): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
aswani:

You put him in his place but your friend was unprofessional too and got what she deserved.

Unprofessional, how exactly? If he felt she was bugging him, he should have just shooed her away subtly. Every other celeb allowed the workers to take pictures with them. Why was his different? I mean, it's not like taking pictures stops you from doing your job.

If she wasn't working then I would have blamed basketmouth for what he said but she was being paid to do a job and was effectively cheating her employer.

I hope she learnt her lesson.

I am yet to understand the point you're trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by TheOnlyUyai(f): 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
sharpwriter:

Thank you for your robust reply jare. That was a nice clapback you gave him.

But 3 hours food delay? Chai, you punish amcheesy

He deserved it. cool

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by tarantino1: 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

BASKETMOUTH
-----------------------

I was shocked about how Bovi behaved in your story sha but this Basket mouth own no shock me at all.

You dey see am for e face say this guy na arrogant bastard. It's Just clear.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by aswani(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

Unprofessional, how exactly? If he felt she was bugging him, he should have just shooed her away subtly. Every other celeb allowed the workers to take pictures with them. Why was his different? I mean, it's not like taking pictures stops you from doing your job.

I am yet to understand the point you're trying to make.

She was there to work, not take pictures with anybody.

That other celebs allowed her to be tardy and take pictures with them is no excuse for her behaviour.

In lots of other jobs, you will rightfully not be allowed as a staff to be moving around with your mobile phone.

I can't explain any more than this.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Adabar: 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
I have met celebrities at different places but chiefly among them, was in etb where I was a teller in those days. Glo used to engage a lot of A list celebs for glo advert. So, they were always coming to cash out at teller point. One of them was Mike ezerunonye. The guy would just enter with his P.A , write his cheque with his name and allowed his PA to present the cheque. My ops officer (OO) was really star struck...she would pack all our 1000 naira denominations and give to the guy. And the guy would just not acknowledge greetings let alone drop sometx ; he would just feel like he is a god. Well, I no send am so was my co teller. One day, he came again but our OO was on leave. Now, we were in charge.lol. I went to the relief OO and asked him to vault out 200 denominations for me. When the guy saw the dirty looking money, he started begging, wetin concern us..even my new OO was with us. The guy even told us his wife just gave birth and showed us the baby's photo. Long story short, we still gave him the #200 denomination but added a bundle of #1000 for his bundle of joy. Since then, the guy became friendly with us and we treated him accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 05, 2021
aswani:

She was there to work, not take pictures with anybody.

That other celebs allowed her to be tardy and take pictures with them is no excuse for her behaviour.

In lots of other jobs, you will rightfully not be allowed as a staff to be moving around with your mobile phone.

I can't explain any more than this.
Their main job has not started and taken a 20sec pics would not distrupt the event.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by DaddyBen009: 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dreytonisback:
Forget story , celebrity status sweet

I've met with all the A- list Nigerian artists , I'll mention a few

The day Simi was shooting her video for her song "Joromi" back of TBS (Lagos)
My guy was like "drey see Simi)

Me: and so ? Make she dey abeg , see how she short sef wink don't blame me , I just don't give a fvck

I walked into a bar in Irawo (Lagos) and saw some popular Yoruba actors , they were just chilling bc they were shooting a movie in that environ,. Omoborty , Ijebu , Kevin , mide martins , abidemi taofeek
I noticed they were expecting me to feel exited , I have one principle
"If you no hail me , I no they hail u " I just sat down , blaze my Loud and drank my 5alive puppy and left , fear no allow Dem tell me say my Loud dey smell enter their nose

Some years back in Dubai , Doha road to be precise , I saw Hushpuppi , omo I bone am
Even when someone organized a yatch party , with artists like my very own wizkid , asa, princess shyngle , Jackie appiah, hajia 4 real , king promise , Woodberry , peter psquare , R2bees , too many , omo I just order my own blast and stay on my lane jeje , in abroad nobody knows who you are , so the respect is on a hundred
MUGEEZ one of the R2beez guy walked up to me and sat with me bc he saw me smoking pure Canadian Loud wink

In ikoyi where my house is , there's a studio but I won't mention the street name for some reasons

Lynxxx comes there daily cuz he lives in Dolphin , we go order fish together , we go dey alright,

Just hustle and leave this country, you'll see reasons why no celebrity is worth fvcking yourself over except :

The only celebs I would try to get their attention by all means are:
2pac Shakur (RIP)
Ronaldinho
Ronaldo
Lucky dube (rip)
Bob Marley (rip)
And my wife , she's my celebrity every seconds

Lights up my kpoli in peace

Baba follow me reason. Kindly follow back first abeg �
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Dreytonisback(m): 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
DaddyBen009:

Baba follow me reason. Kindly follow back first abeg �

What's up chief?
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by DaddyBen009: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dreytonisback:

What's up chief?

Your signature!
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by jaiyeorie: 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywl4w5K9ZeU

Ashanti - Heritage Bank Centre - Cincinnati Ohio
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Dreytonisback(m): 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2021
DaddyBen009:

Your signature!

I've replied ur mail
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by DaddyBen009: 3:16am On Nov 09, 2021
Dreytonisback:

I've replied ur mail

Baba I no know how the nairaland mail thingy Dey work. I no see any mail. But my email address is topeadenuga19447@gmail.com and my WhatsApp is 08062714868
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Dreytonisback(m): 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
DaddyBen009:

Baba I no know how the nairaland mail thingy Dey work. I no see any mail. But my email address is topeadenuga19447@gmail.com and my WhatsApp is 08062714868

I Believe we've settled it up , or weren't you the one who discussed about sp@***Ng?
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by spartan117(m): 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
HenryDion:
My ego is too high to trip on any celebrity... If care isn't taken, I might even snub Jesus if he was real.
Don't do that
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by DaddyBen009: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2021
Dreytonisback:

I Believe we've settled it up , or weren't you the one who discussed about sp@***Ng?

I no remember if me n u don talk b4 bros. Abeg u fit gimme ur WhatsApp number make I holla u
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by Dreytonisback(m): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2021
DaddyBen009:

I no remember if me n u don talk b4 bros. Abeg u fit gimme ur WhatsApp number make I holla u

+971527165531
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by jaiyeorie: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Actor Lateef Adedimeji has visited his alma mater Olabisi Onabanjo University in Ijebu Ode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUntALd5hoM
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity by jaiyeorie: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
Zoe Kravitz MelissaMcCarthy luxury lawconnie britton and jurnee smollett Miranda Kerr fiji water Amanda Gorman Elle Fanning and Samantha Mc Millen Rachael Zoe #InStyleAwards #InStyleElevator Instyle Awards 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS9T5oZjqXQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tems Wins Best International Act At The BET Awards 2022 / Ogenna Ekwubiri: Beauty Queen Is Beyond Beautiful Face But Ability To Unify / E-money: 'When You Receive That Call That Gladens Your Heart'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.