Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. (13870 Views)

Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences! / Mechanical Engineers Forum / Chemical & Process Engineers Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by OmoTier1(m): 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2011
Engineering Experts in Design,Manufacturing and testing inĀ  ;
# Spacecraft
# Aircraft- big birds, uav, mav,
# Rotorcraft.

This not a forum for pilots!- STRICTLY ONLY for Design and Analysis,Manufacturing and Tests Engineering professionals/Expert in Aerospace and outer space.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by AjanleKoko: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2011
This is definitely one to watch wink
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by OmoTier1(m): 1:02am On Jun 06, 2011
Okay maybe this starter may do;

Why is there no Nigerian university that major in Aerospace Engineering? I am not talking about Astrophysics or Astronomy or even NCAT 'mini skirt' 'over priced', 'lack of content' manuals driven courses!

Interestingly, most 1st generation universities in Nigeria offer majors/courses that defines Aerospace Engineering, yet are unable to provide one - Strange happenings!
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by AjanleKoko: 11:27am On Jan 23, 2012
Well, there can hardly be a functioning aerospace engineering department in Nigeria, seeing as that industry hasn't grown beyond commercial transport. We have a bunch of local airlines, and that's where it ends.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by OmoTier1(m): 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2012
Big shame really 'cos the Aerospace industry is a big money spinner and you can employ just about anybody to work in that sector! Perhaps Nigerian Universities can learn a lesson or two from Universities in India how they help shaped India as a hub for IT! South Africa universities are graudally building their capacity in Aerospace engineering courses and we just seems to pay blind eye to the huge potential having such skilled individual in our economy portends! Think about the millions of Dollars that goes into MRO alone!
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by AjanleKoko: 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Big shame really 'cos the Aerospace industry is a big money spinner and you can employ just about anybody to work in that sector! Perhaps Nigerian Universities can learn a lesson or two from Universities in India how they help shaped India as a hub for IT! South Africa universities are graudally building their capacity in Aerospace engineering courses and we just seems to pay blind eye to the huge potential having such skilled individual in our economy portends! Think about the millions of Dollars that goes into MRO alone!

That's another thing. Universities, like most other businesses in Nigeria, don't build for the future. And the reason is not far-fetched: the government is always trying its hardest to dismantle the country, or at least plunge it into another level of wreckage. Would you put down any serious investment in Nigeria today, if you had it?
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by OmoTier1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2012
AjanleKoko:

That's another thing. Universities, like most other businesses in Nigeria, don't build for the future. And the reason is not far-fetched: the government is always trying its hardest to dismantle the country, or at least plunge it into another level of wreckage. Would you put down any serious investment in Nigeria today, if you had it?
Yea its so painful to see how the FG has become an agent of underdevelopment and destruction! Even more painful when some of us with vast experience in this field find ourselves in a position to assist but all ur see from those in government is this 'what's in the cake for me' attitude!
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by jimts(m): 11:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hi pilots! I've always wanted to study aerospace engineerin since d day I built a toy airplane dat lift off d ground. But dis country aint givin me wat I need and dats y I diverted 2 mechanical engineering. I need help on how to secure ma future concernin dis discipline. Thanks!
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by OmoTier1(m): 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2012
jimts:

Hi pilots! I've always wanted to study aerospace engineerin since d day I built a toy airplane dat lift off d ground. But dis country aint givin me wat I need and dats y I diverted 2 mechanical engineering. I need help on how to secure ma future concernin dis discipline. Thanks!
Well it all depends whether you want to become
1. Aerodynamicist - Generally deals with flows over aircrafts and the likes. From Aero flows in the Wings, Landing Gear, flows in Engines, and even flow within fuel tanks and piping!

2. Aero-structures and dynamics and vibration Analyst - just as the name says, deals with the structural conceptualization, design ,analysis, certification and continued Airworthiness of aerostructures. If you want to become a Aero-loads engineer, i.e guys that predict the ground, air and result internal structure loads in an aircraft. If you want to become an Aero-dynamicist, usuall guys that do the dynamic simulation of Aircraft attitudes and perfomance, landing gear performance, e.tc. Sometimes, if you are lucky, you could work as part of an Analysis team where the structural loads guys also run the dynamic and control predictions.

3. Aero-propulsion expert - As the name suggest, deals mainly with propulsion systems and the accompanying structures!

4. Aero-Manufacturing expert - Mainyl dealing with the uniqueness of aerostructures and equipment manufacturing which is strictly a very high precision manufacturing demanding!

4. Aero-Avionics experts - These are the guys that sort out the electricals in Aircraft. Imagine the lights, the Electric fly by wire systems of controls surfaces, landing gears sensors, and th several hundreds of sensors that helps the pilot to fly the aircraft.

Again, one issue you may find is there is usually a very high demand for Aero-Structures compared to others within Aerospace and these guys are highly paid and then to move up the ladder in most companies 'cos they have very broad knowledge of how the aircraft overall functions and they are fully incharge of certification of structures by EASA or FAA.

Hope this helps, if not, do pop your questions and I would assist as much as I can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by stuffs4me(m): 7:35am On Feb 19, 2012
@ Omo_Tier1

I have a B.Sc in Electrical/Electronics and I'm also looking to pick up an LAE (License Aircraft Engineer) in Avionics from NCAT. My question is this, how can this be useful in Aerospace Engineering.

Thanks.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by swirlgoldie: 1:53am On Feb 20, 2012
Hello, im a cabin crew with an airline in nigeria but intend to do a modular courses catB1.1, in the UK. The infor im getting is that it would tk me 5yrs to get a CAA licence after the relevant job experience.
My question is, hw long will it tk me after the modular exams to get NCAA licence in nigeria?
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nothing new from this thread
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by bigfatng: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
[size=15pt]cheaps scools in europe for Aerospace Engineering ,apply now ,deadline august 2013 [/size]
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by easywhy1972: 8:37am On Aug 15, 2013
anyone have an answer for me?

Thanks

Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by 1Achiever(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
here distance = avr vel * t
avr v = final vel /2 = 100m/s / 2 = 50 m/s
in the 1st 100s ur plane will travel at 50m/s for 100 sec = 50*100 = 5000 m
and the second 100s ur speed is cons so 100m/s * 100 = 10000m
sir ur plane is now 15000 m away from you..
if I am wrong pls correct me.)))))) I am intrested in knowing the answer cos I am both an aero engineer and private pilot. I hope I am not wrong
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by johnnhsmith: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2013
@1Achiever, you are right, the solution to that problem is 15,000m
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by johnnhsmith: 11:45am On Sep 18, 2013
For those of you who would like to pursue a career in aircraft maintenance, Wing Engineering (UK) Ltd is offering this professional development training programme in Lagos next month:

Title: Continuing Airworthiness Management - Nigeria
Dates: 28th to 30th October, 2013
The company is currently offering limited discounted places to engineering graduates including a free 1-2-1 career consultation session and a graduate internship opportunity in the UK.

The programme, which will feature a guest presentation from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), is advertised in the September edition of the Aviation and Allied Business Update Magazine (A publication of Landover Aviation Nig.) . For further enquiries or a detailed brochure, contact training@wingengineering.co.uk

Please share this information with anyone you believe would find it relevant.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by Mathewca: 2:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Friends i too studied aeronautical engineering from india but now living in nigeria,could anyone tell me what job could an aeronautical engineer fit into with airlines and private jet operators
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by OmoTier1(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mathewca: Friends i too studied aeronautical engineering from india but now living in nigeria,could anyone tell me what job could an aeronautical engineer fit into with airlines and private jet operators
Well it depends on what aspect of aeronautical engineering you actually studied. If it is design analysis, then you need to either establish your own company or get out of Nigeria as no airline in Nigeria have the capacity to accommodate you.

If you are really that good, nothing stops you from starting your own aerospace company in Nigeria with focus on designing and analyzing aerospace structures.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by OmoTier1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
1Achiever: here distance = avr vel * t
avr v = final vel /2 = 100m/s / 2 = 50 m/s
in the 1st 100s ur plane will travel at 50m/s for 100 sec = 50*100 = 5000 m
and the second 100s ur speed is cons so 100m/s * 100 = 10000m
sir ur plane is now 15000 m away from you..
if I am wrong pls correct me.)))))) I am intrested in knowing the answer cos I am both an aero engineer and private pilot. I hope I am not wrong
Simple answer: The area under the graph cool

1 Like

Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by Mathewca: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2014
does anyone know what excemption do aeronautical engineers have for AME license course. I heard there is license preparatory course for 6months at Zaria or Kaduna. Is there any way to skip this procedure and directly write exam for license without type rating as I have already studied all those subjects.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by bookason100(m): 1:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Mathewca: does anyone know what excemption do aeronautical engineers have for AME license course. I heard there is license preparatory course for 6months at Zaria or Kaduna. Is there any way to skip this procedure and directly write exam for license without type rating as I have already studied all those subjects.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by bookason100(m): 1:16am On Jul 14, 2014
I would really like to establish a career in aerospace engineering but I'm yet to get my bearings. Seriously needs advice
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by zeph1885: 7:24am On Sep 12, 2014
bookason100(m):
I would really like to establish a career in aerospace engineering but I'm yet to get my bearings. Seriously needs advice

What do you mean by bearings? and what do you want to know?
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by zeph1885: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2014
bookason100: I would really like to establish a career in aerospace engineering but I'm yet to get my bearings. Seriously needs advice

What do you mean by bearings? and what do you want to know?
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by moxsella(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Air Force institute of technology kaduna has made it easier, u can obtain National diploma n Higher National diploma over dere tru d normal ume n post ume entry
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by Feyi97: 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hi, please does anyone have an idea on what the job outlook for aerospace engineering degrees are in nigeria? That's job availability, demand and supply, average pay etc.
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by 1Achiever(m): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
OmoTier1:

Simple answer: The area under the graph cool

hehehehe.. try calculating it using A = l * b then tell me the answer )))
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by 1Achiever(m): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
why is our thread quiet ((( lets revive it naaa. well it seems there are more aero engineers that are jobless.. has anyone solved the mystery .. please do let us know )))
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by aerospaceengine: 1:28am On Nov 11, 2015
Hello,

I need somebody to write articles for a website which is about aerospace engineering. The writer will be payed.
Interested people please send your application to aerospaceengineeringaero@gmail.com (Send your CV if you have, if not tell about your motivation)
-You need to have good aerospace engineering background
-Be up to date with the aerospace engineering news
-Be able to write articles in English

ASAP Please
Re: AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. by 1Achiever(m): 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
I've sent you an email.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In / What Did Your Company Give For Christmas Essenco. / 4 Easy Ways To Become More Productive & Attract Favour In Your Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.