Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! (2401 Views)

Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside / Making Front Page- How Does It Work? [and Whats With Being First To Comment] / Whats With The New Hard Drug , Code Name "Bath Salt" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MrsChima(f): 4:59am On Jun 05, 2011
Ms. Potato:

I want to contact Oprah Winfrey and ell her what is going on. Perhaps she could help. embarassed lipsrsealed Im just not satisfied!

No one change the world for it already been etched in stone but we have to keep it real of what is REALLY GOING ON. That's all I am saying. We shouldn't pick and choose what we feel is right and wrong. If we are going to scold one wrongdoing, we need to scold all wrongdoings.

Maybe Oprah will give you some pointers though. Good luck. wink
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 5:02am On Jun 05, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

No one change the world for it already been etched in stone but we have to keep it real of what is REALLY GOING ON. That's all I am saying. We shouldn't pick and choose what we feel is right and wrong. If we are going to scold one wrongdoing, we need to scold all wrongdoings.

Maybe Oprah will give you some pointers though. Good luck. wink

Chima, I need your real opinion. Do you at least think that what I have said is true on what other people doing on this earth is also wrong? not just the blacks but its like the feeling they give everyone is like the blacks are the most evil people on earth which I personally think and feel its not fair and not true? Do you agree with that statement? sad
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by BABE3: 5:05am On Jun 05, 2011
Hhaha! Egabami lowo Miss. Cassava ke? Ki ni mo ti so ni sin to warrant 200-word essay--lol--

Miss. Cassava, I didn't disagree with you now. I simply added to your point, by saying "it's not only Nigerian men, the world see as scammers, and all, it's Nigeria--all together".

As for the sweet mouth thingy, I understand what I'm saying when I say that. You probably won't coz you ain't really Nigerian, but I get it.  wink

Me too I love Nigerian (Igbo) men ehn. It's not only you--cool down and stop squeezing your face. lol-- smiley
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MrsChima(f): 5:37am On Jun 05, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Chima, I need your real opinion. Do you at least think that what I have said is true on what other people doing on this earth is also wrong? not just the blacks but its like the feeling they give everyone is like the blacks are the most evil people on earth which I personally think and feel its not fair and not true? Do you agree with that statement?  sad

Of course, Blacks aren't the only ones doing wrongdoings.  My comments I made were referring to what you said about why there are cursing on Nigerian men.  I am simply saying that we can't expect the world not to "curse" Nigerian men when they are demonstrating similar behavior toward Nigerian women. 

Let me reiterate this again, NO BLACKS aren't the only ones committing crimes and harmful acts.  Whites, Asians, Hispanics, and Arabs too are guilty. 

That's why I stated stigmatization it doesn't matter how many blacks have shown excellency and goodwill they will never be recognized at the level as they should.  I am not speaking just Nigerians, I am speaking ALL BLACK BEINGS. 

That's why I said it is a black thing you know nothing about.  No offense.
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by LordReed(m): 7:17am On Jun 05, 2011
@BABE!
LMAO at Fork and Knife! Maybe I should get an award or something. Hint Hint Hint

@Ms Potato
I know babe wink kiss

@Mrs.Chima
I don't think bashing of women is what leads to racial profiling. Are telling me Rodney King was beat because he beat his wife/GF? The world at large took advantage of our relative undevelopment to exploit the African continent. Your presence in the US is a testament to this not because your ancestors beat their women. The reason why the stigmatization continues has more to do with our continued underdevelopment, corruption in high places, bad leadership, docile followership etc. Bashing women is not a big cause of it.
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 7:47am On Jun 05, 2011
BABE!:

Hhaha! Egabami lowo Miss. Cassava ke? Ki ni mo ti so ni sin to warrant 200-word essay--lol--

Miss. Cassava, I didn't disagree with you now. I simply added to your point, by saying "it's not only Nigerian men, the world see as scammers, and all, it's Nigeria--all together".

As for the sweet mouth thingy, I understand what I'm saying when I say that. You probably won't coz you ain't really Nigerian, but I get it.  wink

Me too I love Nigerian (Igbo) men ehn. It's not only you--cool down and stop squeezing your face. lol-- smiley

Abeg now. Why wouldnt I squeeze my face when u call me Ms Cassava instead of Ms Potato? is Potato not cute enough for u ehn? angry cry

In my country its Nigerian Men. Not Nigeria. They dont really potray the women to be scammers though.

ok, u have your own opinion and I have mine. Im just saying based on what I have observe for the past 10 years. Thats all. smiley

Mrs.Chima:

Of course, Blacks aren't the only ones doing wrongdoings.  My comments I made were referring to what you said about why there are cursing on Nigerian men.  I am simply saying that we can't expect the world not to "curse" Nigerian men when they are demonstrating similar behavior toward Nigerian women. 

Let me reiterate this again, NO BLACKS aren't the only ones committing crimes and harmful acts.  Whites, Asians, Hispanics, and Arabs too are guilty. 

That's why I stated stigmatization it doesn't matter how many blacks have shown excellency and goodwill they will never be recognized at the level as they should.  I am not speaking just Nigerians, I am speaking ALL BLACK BEINGS. 

That's why I said it is a black thing you know nothing about.  No offense.

Sis, I might not be black and I might not know anything about blacks compare to most of you but at least I know that this world is just not fair to be pint pointing all the bad things about blacks since the rest are also at fault. At least I know that and at least I want to stand up and make a change.I just feel like telling everyone that if they have this kinda mentality in their head, than dont listen to the Jackson 5, Dont listen to Michael Jackson, dont listen to Seal, dont see any Tyra Banks or Naomi Campbell shows, dont listen to Seal or Sade or AKON or Rihanna or dont even watch Tiger Woods or Lamar Odoms or 50Cent cause hey! They are all black anyways!!! They should just stick to their own kind. Isnt it? angry angry angry Now Im fuc.k1ng angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

And what pisses me off is some people tend to be bashing the black people but at one corner, they are singing rap and dancing B Boy dance and street dancing I mean, hey! Isnt that from the blacks? undecided That pisses me off! angry angry angry
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by BABE3: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Abeg now. Why wouldnt I squeeze my face when u call me Ms Cassava instead of Ms Potato? is Potato not cute enough for u ehn? angry cry

In my country its Nigerian Men. Not Nigeria. They dont really potray the women to be scammers though.

ok, u have your own opinion and I have mine. Im just saying based on what I have observe for the past 10 years. Thats all. smiley

In your country? Really? Interesting! You're from Malay la? I had a Malaysian roommate last semester. I dropped her at the airport today; she's going back home (Malay). sad   I have  bunch of them as good friends --very cool set of peoples.

As for your name--lol-- Better deal with it. That's my name for you. Since you love Nigeria men, Potato doesn't really suit you. We don't really eat Potatoes in Naija. Cassava is more like it. We eat Fufu and Garri (made from Cassava), so see why it makes more sense?--  cheesy
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MrsChima(f): 8:10am On Jun 05, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@Mrs.Chima
I don't think bashing of women is what leads to racial profiling. Are telling me Rodney King was beat because he beat his wife/GF? The world at large took advantage of our relative undevelopment to exploit the African continent. Your presence in the US is a testament to this not because your ancestors beat their women. The reason why the stigmatization continues has more to do with our continued underdevelopment, corruption in high places, bad leadership, docile followership etc. Bashing women is not a big cause of it.

(crossing legs and putting glasses on the tip of my nose)

Exploitation and stigmatization are two separate actions. Stigmatization focuses on the images or perceptions people have on particular groups of people in this case Nigerian men according to Ms. Potato. Exploitation as you described above about bad leadership and taking advantages of underdeveloped countries.

Again my reference is if you do not want people to bash or stigmatize you collectively then your actions (not saying you per se) need to be reversible to what is being claimed. For example, if someone say that black men cheats and beats their women. THEN A BLACK MAN creates a thread or professes offline saying they believes cheating and beating women is normal and should be legal. (looking at the screen with a blank stare)

People can only stigmatize what is being said and shown. Exploitation is about people taking advantage of those who are not aware or able to "defend" themselves equally.
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MrsChima(f): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Sis, I might not be black and I might not know anything about blacks compare to most of you but at least I know that this world is just not fair to be pint pointing all the bad things about blacks since the rest are also at fault. At least I know that and at least I want to stand up and make a change.I just feel like telling everyone that if they have this kinda mentality in their head, than dont listen to the Jackson 5, Dont listen to Michael Jackson, dont listen to Seal, dont see any Tyra Banks or Naomi Campbell shows, dont listen to Seal or Sade or AKON or Rihanna or dont even watch Tiger Woods or Lamar Odoms or 50Cent cause hey! They are all black anyways!!! They should just stick to their own kind. Isnt it?  angry angry angry Now Im fuc.k1ng angry  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

And what pisses me off is some people tend to be bashing the black people but at one corner, they are singing rap and dancing B Boy dance and street dancing I mean, hey! Isnt that from the blacks?  undecided That pisses me off!  angry angry angry

Again, I mean no offense to what I said it is a black thing you know nothing about.  There is a lot of things in the world that is not fair and we can only control the fairness within ourselves.  No matter how hard you stand for fairness, the world will continues to stigmatize black people. 

Black people are the only group of people who would PUBLICLY and PRIVATELY destroy each other to prove a point and gain recognition for being the "token nigga".

Well the last part is a whole different story and it falls under the category of HYPOCRISY.
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2011
BABE!:

In your country? Really? Interesting! You're from Malay la? I had a Malaysian roommate last semester. I dropped her at the airport today; she's going back home (Malay). sad   I have  bunch of them as good friends --very cool set of peoples.

As for your name--lol-- Better deal with it. That's my name for you. Since you love Nigeria men, Potato doesn't really suit you. We don't really eat Potatoes in Naija. Cassava is more like it. We eat Fufu and Garri (made from Cassava), so see why it makes more sense?--  cheesy

Im surprise your Malaysian friends did not teach you the difference between Malay and Malaysian and Malaysia. Malay is a type of race in Malaysia. Malaysian is what you call the people whom is born in Malaysia and Malaysia is the name of the country. So no, Im not a Malay cause malay is not my race lol grin

Abeg now. I no like he name cassava oo.Why dont you change my name to Ms Yam since I love to chop yam better? sad
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Again, I mean no offense to what I said it is a black thing you know nothing about.  There is a lot of things in the world that is not fair and we can only control the fairness within ourselves.  No matter how hard you stand for fairness, the world will continues to stigmatize black people. 

Black people are the only group of people who would PUBLICLY and PRIVATELY destroy each other to prove a point and gain recognition for being the "token nigga".

Well the last part is a whole different story and it falls under the category of HYPOCRISY.

Why now? sad Chima I will not accept that ooo. , Cause u know inpast history they never let a woman to ride a plane and they said its bad luck and this and that. They insulted women for many things and all but look what Amanda Reinhart did? (I hope thats her name embarassed ) She changed the face of the world. Last time the song of blues and hip hop was not accepted in society and it was considerd as a satanic song but now people embraced it cause someone stood up and changed the perception of mankind. Why can't we do it? Why not? sad
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by BABE3: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2011
LOL--- I always hear them say Malay, and I assumed it was the short form of Malaysia--like Naija is to Nigeria. I never bothered to ask---Silly me!  grin

And pls Ms. Cassava. I went to school (I'm blessed enough to have an education), infact I'm in school (lol)---I know the difference between Malaysian and Malaysia. I didn't make that mistake in my post did I? Don't make me feel stu[i]pid[/i] on a Sunday morning abeg--

For attempting to make me feel dumb, you name will remain as Ms. Cassava!  cheesy tongue
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2011
BABE!:

LOL--- I always hear them say Malay, and I assumed it was the short form of Malaysia--like Naija is to Nigeria. I never bothered to ask---Silly me!  grin

And pls Ms. Cassava. I went to school (I'm blessed enough to have an education), infact I'm in school (lol)---I know the difference between Malaysian and Malaysia. I didn't make that mistake in my post did I? Don't make me feel stu[i]pid[/i] on a Sunday morning abeg--

For attempting to make me feel dumb, you name will remain as Ms. Cassava!  cheesy tongue

Im not trying to make u feel anywhere near stupid oo. Dont take that personally. Cause you dont know Malay thats why I just decided to bring all three words up just to tell you the difference now. Please dont take offense in that. embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by BABE3: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^ LOL-- Geez!! I didn't take it as offensive as you thought abeg---lol--- jokes---  wink

Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^^ I gotta love letter for u  angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-683459.0.html

make sure u click like grin
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by BABE3: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^^ LOL--- awww--that's so sweet! kiss
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry
Re: Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! by MsPotato(f): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2011
I said I love Nigerian men isnt the love suppose to be on Romance section!?!?! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What These Shameless Guys Did To This Girl's Bosoms Inside Pool (photos) / Caption This Before And After Makeup Photo Of This Woman / Can Someone Tell Me What Nigeria1's Satellite Photos Are About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.