Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. (733 Views)

Kano People Wear Pampas On Their Nose To Mock Tinubu After Campaign (pictures) / Kano People Refused To Welcome Tinubu After Collecting Our Money - APC Chieftain / Kano Mass Deaths: Buhari Reacts, Says He Won’t Let Kano People Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. by BlackPantherxXx: 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
Governor Nasir El-Rufai recently went down memory lane in recalling a joke in which the “people of Kaduna see those from Kano as their slaves”.

The governor said this while explaining what transpired between his former Chief of Staff and the former Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi.

During the last economic summit held in Kaduna, the immediate past Chief of Staff of the governor, Muhammed Sani Abdullahi, had addressed Sanusi as a former emir and Sanusi warned him not to try such again.

Shortly after this, he was redeployed to the Ministry of Budget and Planning Commission as Commissioner‎.

Many, particularly on social media, had attributed his redeployment to the encounter with Sanusi.

But during his media chat, El-Rufai clarified that the removal of the Chief of staff had nothing to do with his statement about Sanusi as speculated.

El-Rufai said those who linked the joke to his cabinet reshuffle do not know how government works.

He also said Mohammed Sani’s appointment as Chief of Staff drew ‎attention to him and placed him under pressure because people thought he was brought to government house for a reason.

‎”I heard so many people saying on social media saying that it’s wrong to make the changes by taken this here and there. They even said I moved him to another ministry because my friend was not happy he addressed him as former Emir, all this is nonsense.

https://www.akelicious.net/we-see-kano-people-as-our-slaves-el-rufai/

Re: El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. by BlackPantherxXx: 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
Wow... this is explosive from the El Rufai shocked shocked shocked shocked

I was shocked that Daily Trust has pulled the article from their website.

By the way, I was also surprised to see Southerners queueing up to lick the butt or Sanusi Lamido, the deposed Emir on being called a FORMER Emir.

As a so-called Muslim Leader, you should be humble and not in a rush to show your "power"
Re: El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. by BlackPantherxXx: 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
cool

El Rufai is progressive but he should mind his utterances.

Always incendiary and controversial.

If it was 100% sure he wouldn't be tribalistic, I think he would make a great President for Nigeria.
Re: El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. by chatinent: 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
It has begun.
Re: El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. by illicit(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
Where did he now said so
Re: El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. by Inkling(f): 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hmmm
Re: El Rufai- Kano People Are Our Slaves. by BlackPantherxXx: 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
angry

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Choice For The Presidency In 2023 / Nigeria Is Seriously In Trouble / BREAKING: Armed ESN Reservists Returns To Camp For Critical Assignments (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.