Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi (28603 Views)

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) / Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" / Benin Gets To The Quarter Finals Of AFCON2019 Without Winning A Single Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by MangekyoAlt: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lionel Messi Gives His Honest Opinion On This Year's Ballon d'or
Lionel Messi has given his honest opinion on this year's Ballon d'Or, describing the possibility of winning the prize for a seventh time as "crazy".

Despite playing in a poor Barcelona side last season, Messi still banged in the goals and then captained Argentina to a long-awaited Copa America triumph in the summer.

He collected both the Golden Ball and Golden Boot awards and though he's not set the world alight in his new surroundings at Paris Saint-Germain, the 34-year-old is the favourite to win the gong yet again.

But interestingly, Messi isn't so sure about his chances of being named as the winner by France Football and isn't too fussed if he does not come out on top.

Messi won his 6th Balon D'or in 2019
"If I'm honest, I don't think so [he can win it]," Messi admitted in a wide-ranging interview with SPORT, as per The Mirror.

"My biggest prize was what I was able to achieve with the national team. After having fought and fought so much for that achievement, it was the best for all it cost.

"If the golden ball arrives it would be extraordinary for what it would mean winning one more. The seventh would be crazy. If not, nothing happens

"I have already achieved one of my great goals. I am very happy for what happened and now that whatever has to happen, happens."

Messi's last Ballon d'Or win came in 2019 and he has already talked about the strong competition for this year's award, namechecking teammates Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, as well as Robert Lewandowski and Karim Benzema.

“In my team, there are two for whom I will easily vote: Neymar and Kylian Mbappé," Messi told France Football.

"And then Robert Lewandowski, who has just had a great year and Karim Benzema who was excellent."

Football journalists, coaches and captains of national teams all have a say in voting for the Ballon d'Or, which was first introduced in 1956.

The winner of the 2021 instalment will be announced later this month on 29 November at Paris' Theatre du Chatelet.

SOURCE

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by XXXXTENTACION: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
Bad man feeling blessed...
say tonight me and my guys we go jam gbedu... Wowo wowo...
say tonight man no go stress oo
say tonight me and my guys we go jam gbedu ... Wowo wowo
you see I don't wanna talk about the things we go make me frown tonight...
I Just wanna hold on to my lady in my corner make she cool me down ahaa...
Wizkid ft Damian marley (Blessed) booms from the speaker as XXXXTENTACION grooves to the vibes....

Some people are just blessed...
Messi is blessed aswear.... cheesy
7 Ballon d'or is not an easy feat...
I pray every hustler out there to receive blessing... embarassed

cool

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Nlanalyst: 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
Dear fellow darling comrades, who is your greatest of all time? And a very humble one at that?
Like for Messi, share for Messi.
No space for some local goats.

PS

Don't be surprised to see those mediocres hyping one local goat flood this thread with hateful comments. Signs of obsession.
Messi is the man their tap-er can never be.

183 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by XXXXTENTACION: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
B
You just qouted me to type rubbish.... you are not a real niggarrr.... cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by MangekyoAlt: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
You just qouted me to type rubbish....
you are not a real niggarrr.... cheesy
Mate even Slawomir trembles in my presence

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Betensure: 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
grin I think Ole deserves it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by XXXXTENTACION: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
Mate even Slawomir trembles in my presence
who the Fvck are you

12 Likes

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by DoggoneDogg: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
What has he done since this season started? 0 goals, 0 assists.
So he wants to win Balon D'Or with a half season performance where he wasn't even the best??

Deluded dwarf

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by marveangel(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
He just might win it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by MangekyoAlt: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
What has he done since this season started? 0 goals, 0 assists.
So he wants to win Balon D'Or with a half season performance where he wasn't even the best??

Deluded dwarf

What has he done this season?
Please don't be deluded.

He won 2 major trophies, both on club and country.
He won the best player in laliga, as well as the golden boot.
Won the best player in Copa America as well as winning the highest goalscorer award, and assists too.
These are the things that are relevant.

The fact that he's had a slow start in paris doesn't change anything. The 5 matches he's failed to score aren't even important. He's scored on more important matches in the UCL.

Meanwhile, Cr7 is currently in better form than messi. But it is safe to say he would be nowhere near messi in that list. I even doubt if he'll be among the top 5s.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by revived: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
Okay
Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Namibian97: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
This guy is a fraud, imagine struggling in a farmers league

Ballon D'or belong to Lewadowski

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by ademidedavid(f): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
Na crazy things I want to dey do now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Baawaa(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
It will be crazy if they give it to you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by EXLOVER(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
He should first win CL with PSG

3 Likes

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Lamasta(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
He should focus his energy on scoring goals for PSG and stop eyeing the Baloon D'or cos he won't win it.....

Our RONALDO is the one and only true G O A T..

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Tutule: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Lorip: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
E Don dey come...

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by slawormiir: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Lionel messiiiiiiii

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by iamyemiakins(m): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
Who deserves 2021 Ballon d'Or?

Like for Lewandowski
Share for Messi

90 Likes 65 Shares

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by gosillamani: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
grin messsi the goat

4 Likes

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Jomjor: 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nlanalyst:
Dear fellow darling comrades, who is your greatest of all time? And a very humble one at that?
Like for Messi, share for Messi.
No space for some local goats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by jaxxy(m): 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
But u don’t deserve it now. U are a baby goat aka kid. Ronaldo is the Goat.

18 Likes

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by thesicilian: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2021

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Felabrity: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
Yea but lewandowski deserve it more
Tbh
Except they are sharing two this time
Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by chloride6: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
Struggling Fraud...

2 Likes

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by olaric(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Giving it to Messi the 7th time would be the most controversial decision ever! What did he achieve in the last one year--maybe the COPA America; but certainly not enough.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by Boogyman557: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi by ipobarecriminals: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
grin unrealistic dream sad.Dis one belong to Lawal of Bayern cool wink

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Mikel Obi's Twin Daughters Living Lavish / Russia 2018 – Hazard Takes Swipe At England’s Golden Generation / Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.