Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader (25437 Views)

INEC Releases More Information About The BVAS Device For Voters’ Accreditation / State Governors, Assembly Candidates Move To Dump Smart Card Reader / INEC Retains Smart Card Reader, Incidence Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Coly2012(m): 5:20am On Nov 04, 2021

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), says it will deploy the Biometric Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) device in the November 6, 2021, Anambra State Governorship election.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the BVAS, deployed in its pilot phase for the Isoko South I State Constituency Bye-election in Delta State on September 11, 2021, is a new device that replaces the Smart Card Reader (SCR) used in previous elections since 2015.

The BVAS has the dual capacity for fingerprint and facial authentication of voters, and according to the chairman of INEC, Prof Mahmood Yakubu, this is to guard against voting by identity theft where one person uses another person’s Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) to vote using the incident form.

In his welcome address, during a stakeholder meeting on the Anambra State Governorship Election on Wednesday at Prof. Dora Akunyili Women Development Centre, Prof Mahmood Yakubu said that with the introduction of the BVAS device, the use of incident forms during elections has been abolished.

“On Saturday 6th November 2021, Anambra State will make history as the first Governorship election in Nigeria in which the Commission will deploy the Biometric Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) device. 

“This new device replaces the Smart Card Reader (SCR) used in previous elections since 2015. We are satisfied with the pilot deployment of the BVAS in the Isoko South I State Constituency Bye-election in Delta State on 11th September 2021.

The BVAS has the dual capacity for fingerprint and facial authentication of voters. This is to guard against voting by identity theft where one person uses another person’s Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) to vote using the incident form. With this development, the use of the incident form is abolished. No voter without a genuine PVC will vote. No voter who has not been successfully accredited electronically using the BVAS will vote.

“At the same time, the BVAS is also equipped with a camera. Therefore, it has the capacity to snap Polling Unit level result and upload same to the INEC Result Viewing (IReV) portal so that citizens can view results as election is concluded in each Polling Unit. Therefore, there is no need for the Z-Pad since its functions have been embedded in the BVAS. I am glad to report that all the BVAS required for the election on Saturday have been configured and delivered to Anambra State. Election duty staff have also been trained on the use of the device and we have sufficient technical staff to respond to any glitches that may occur,” the INEC Chairman said.

Also, the INEC Chairman revealed in his remarks that in designing the sensitive materials for the election, the Commission has introduced additional visible and invisible security features, including different colour codes.

“I want to assure all voters in Anambra State that in designing the sensitive materials for the election, the Commission has introduced additional visible and invisible security features, including different colour codes. Materials have also been customized by Local Government Areas and Polling Units. 

“Let me therefore warn those who may attempt to compromise the process that we have put in place sufficient safeguards to detect counterfeits. We are also determined to prosecute perpetrators of electoral malpractice, including any election duty staff found to be complicit. The choice of the next Governor of Anambra State is in the hands of the eligible voters and their will must prevail,” Prof Yakubu said.

“The Anambra State Governorship election holds in the next 3 days. As far as INEC is concerned, there are two activities left in our Timetable and Schedule of Activities.  

“The first one is the end of campaign by political parties which is at midnight tomorrow Thursday 4th November 2021. 

“The second is the Election Day which is Saturday 6th November 2021. These two activities will conclude the 14 items listed in the Timetable for the election released by the Commission about 11 months ago on 19th January 2021. INEC has diligently implemented every activity on schedule,” he added.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/inec-to-deploy-bvas-device-for-anambra-election-dumps-smart-card-reader/

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by complexBoss12: 5:36am On Nov 04, 2021
undecided

I really don't think there is a need for elections in Nigeria. it's a waste of everybody's time.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by ShadowCommander(m): 5:36am On Nov 04, 2021
Ole

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Dikaveli(m): 5:40am On Nov 04, 2021
Pdp is winning anambra that i know

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by chigoziri2403(m): 5:41am On Nov 04, 2021
the "I" in INEC IS an aberration

They should be referred to as NEC

What's the use of conducting election when the courts have the final say

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Mandela89(f): 5:41am On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41am On Nov 04, 2021
Anambra Election.....

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 04, 2021
Lol

We move

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Kholar211: 5:42am On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by anochuko01(m): 5:42am On Nov 04, 2021
This can only stop the rigging that comes from illegal adding of numbers. It's still not efficient coz I can decide to tamper with votes and make them invalid...

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by ignis: 5:42am On Nov 04, 2021
INEC is controlled by Buhari’s fulani brother.
So we shouldn't expect then to be free and fair.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:42am On Nov 04, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Lol

We move
We move to Anambra

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by BuharisBoy: 5:42am On Nov 04, 2021
I am very glad about these devices and anambra election should be the testing ground for it's effectiveness, with credible election we can change any government at will and peacefully, God bless Buhari for this, we don't need violence in our country with good leadership and good development no one will listen to nnamdi kanu or igboho. url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvuHywMAQRc]Facts[/url]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by nzeobi(m): 5:42am On Nov 04, 2021
Inec be careful and deliver a credible and fair even though I know that the election will witness low turn out.

We don't inconclusive and remote controlled elections like that of osun and Kano

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Dikaveli(m): 5:43am On Nov 04, 2021
Hangmnk:
Lowlife IPOB terrorists... Child factory drug trafficking, corrupt DNA children of hatred over to you. Bastards

Am not a prophet but every power in ne tells me you are yoruba

Hausa/fulani are not bad as people portrays them

But the evil yoruba people went to them to lie and decieve them

Just like they always say, some people don't like you because someone lied to them about you.

Yorubas are number1 enemy of biafra and ndigbo forget all the nonsense southern and northern trash they are doing.

An average hausa/fulani man love everything about igbo but Yorubas are just the serpent decieving the eve

Hausa and igbos do business always

Take politics aside what do you think will bring fulani and yoruba together they are empty

People that will use any kind of juju in ordinary civil service work is worst than serpent.

Igbos know your real enemies

Everything about igbo is like heart attack to Yorubas

That's why their sunday igbogho abi igboho wants to do what kanu did but even the sky knows kanu is doing the right then, the mugu wants to trend like kanu today the world knows kanu but only his oil soup people knows him including the ones in Benin republic.

Yorubas please stop hating

Igbos are blessed beyond curse

Who God has bless no man can curse

The only reason we are still putting finger inside anus and be smelling with you guys is this zoo called nigeria.

Let's get biafra then we will tell you guys Eritrea and chad are more better than you guys.

Until then una bp go dey rise each time you children of hate and brown roof hears or sees igbo

Ndi ara ndi ara everywhere

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by princeade86(m): 5:44am On Nov 04, 2021
If we can be voting at home, I think there won't be violent.

5 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by andy244: 5:44am On Nov 04, 2021
Election n.a. scam for nija
Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44am On Nov 04, 2021
Dikaveli:
Pdp is winning anambra that i know

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Millimann: 5:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Sounds good.

Hope it's not the more you look......
Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by DoNotMakeItWors: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2021
Odogwu is known for either of the two... Either he does good or he does bad,,,,, Anambra has really proven to be Odogwu by making all the action parties to be on the edge

INEC,,,,, make una head dey una neck oo
Security,,,, unu anyukwana amu unu nsi oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Doracity82(m): 5:51am On Nov 04, 2021
Hangmnk:
Lowlife IPOB terrorists... Child factory products. drug trafficking, corrupt DNA. children of hatred over to you. Bastards
Your hatred for Igbo will kill you at last. That is all I will tell you

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by free2ryhme: 5:52am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 04, 2021
God I pray for a peaceful election in my state, and protect everyone before and during the election. Anything apc is a NO for my dear Anambra state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by TooMuchStuff: 5:54am On Nov 04, 2021
Stupid INEC.
Very Stupid INEC with hypocritical 'credibility"

Can INEC try this shit in any Muslim majority Northern state?? When it comes to Southern region, every available technologies would work to "screen" voters but when it's the North, all technologies would fail to work so that rigging can be accommodated

8 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Phiniter(m): 5:55am On Nov 04, 2021
ok
Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Finnese001: 5:56am On Nov 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 04, 2021
Dikaveli:

Am not a prophet but every power in ne tells me you are yoruba

Hausa/fulani are not bad as people portrays them

But the evil yoruba people went to them to lie and decieve them

Just like they always say, some people don't like you because someone lied to them about you.

Yorubas are number1 enemy of biafra and ndigbo forget all the nonsense southern and northern trash they are doing.

An average hausa/fulani man love everything about igbo but Yorubas are just the serpent decieving the eve

Hausa and igbos do business always

Take politics aside what do you think will bring fulani and yoruba together they are empty

People that will use any kind of juju in ordinary civil service work is worst than serpent.

Igbos know your real enemies

Everything about igbo is like heart attack to Yorubas

That's why their sunday igbogho abi igboho wants to do what kanu did but even the sky knows kanu is doing the right then, the mugu wants to trend like kanu today the world knows kanu but only his oil soup people knows him including the ones in Benin republic.

Yorubas please stop hating

Igbos are blessed beyond curse

Who God has bless no man can curse

The only reason we are still putting finger inside anus and be smelling with you guys is this zoo called nigeria.

Let's get biafra then we will tell you guys Eritrea and chad are more better than you guys.

Until then una bp go dey rise each time you children of hate and brown roof hears or sees igbo

Ndi ara ndi ara everywhere
eziokwu ka ikwuru nna. Good one

7 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader by 111sunshine: 5:57am On Nov 04, 2021
anochuko01:
This can only stop the rigging that comes from illegal adding of numbers. It's still not efficient coz I can decide to tamper with votes and make them invalid...

you want all problems to be solved at once?....learn to appreciate improvements anywhere you notice them no matter how small including in your life...it is the key to a joy filled existence. thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Election: APGA Candidate, Chukwuma Soludo Casts His Vote (Pictures) / Tinubu And APC Campaign Train Lands In Kogi (Picures) / Akeredolu’s Order: Ondo Tackles Presidency, As Villa Defends Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.