Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. (36867 Views)

Nigerian Woman Arrested In Italy For Forcing Girls Into Prostitution With 'Juju' / Woman Who Lured Teenagers Into Prostitution In Delta Jailed In Anambra / The Paris Park Where Nigerian Women Are Forced Into Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by AtomElect: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
visit Dubai police site and enter your report.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Qatar2022: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Someone told my sister that there was a connection for a sales rep. Job in UAE, since she's yet to get a job after her NYSC, (you know how tough Nigeria is now. But it will require her to pay some money for her visa, flight ticket and other necessary documents, but my sister told her that she currently don't have money to process any international papers.

After much discussion this lady told my sister not to worry that all documentations including flight ticket will be paid for her but on a commission fee when she arrived her destination and upon resuming work in UAE, a percentage of her salary will be remitted to them until she pays up the debt incurred.

This was two months ago precisely August. Now fast forward to yesterday 3rd November 2021, I got a WhatsApp message from my sister telling me that she was being forced into prostitution upon arriving and not the sales job as was agreed.

I told her to find a way to come back to Nigeria since she has a return ticket that will expire in 4 days time valid till 8th November 2021.

Now the issue is:
1. Her Boss, as she called her earlier took her passport upon arrival in the pretense that she may misplace it or it may get stolen.

2. Her boss insisted on her paying all the debt incurred in processing her peppers which is 125% extra on what she spent in bringing her to Dubai, which amounts to N3.5 million Naira.

Please is there a way she can return back without her international passport since she went there legally and her return ticket is still valid.

Please we need help as during this altercation since yesterday, I cannot communicate with her as her Boss has seized her phone. It's now a matter of life and death.
If this is true then go and make a statements at police station with a lawyer
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Dialpad: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
No you don't make sense, you definitely do not know how to write clearly, it's evident in most of your posts on nairaland.

Can you call your mom an idiot while playing with your dad's balls ?

Silly kid ... I sure have your time today.

Blakjewelry:

A classical fool. I made sense grammatically when I want to, not when I am replying an idiot grin
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by caesymore(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Tell her to go to the uae police if she really want to return back

But to me ooo....I say it the way it is in my heart...because am a real niggarrr

If that your sister nor be virgin and probably get two or three boyfriend way dey bang her steadily for Nigeria before she enter uae...why she come dey complain na.....make she just run things gather up some funds

Abi... but her matter long, those Aboki for UAE they bang who no be their wife from ass, so you see this one strong
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by ghostcenturion(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dont text or call her unless she calls you herself. And she should do a vid call so you see her face before you start chatting and letting her know what to do.

Get contact of her boss, location
That's if she even still has access to her phones.
Before u give her away

1 Like

Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by nextstep(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
Sorry brother, but this is the harsh truth:

Dubai police won't arrest the madam... dem go settle am sharp sharp.

Even if they arrest madam, you think they won't hire somebody to harvest your sister? Whether she is in Dubai or Nigeria, they may find her and kill her. She should just jejely be the best damn sales girl she can be. That's the best advice given she owes them plenty.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Limassol(m): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
NobleSeed:
this one na old format na ...why she go fall put
Na wah ooh..for this 21st century person go carry you go UAE, even blood brothers seif e dey hard talk less of someone else..
This seriously serious ..
Do what is within your reach to rescue her out there.. peace.

You too e shock you ba? Na old format but people go continue to dey fall for it..
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Simplythebest: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
You are right and i understand ur point. Let her go the Consulate then. But sometimes those girls can be smart they will be aware of the kind of job the will do there but once the get there they will change the whole story. Am talking from the experience. Never trust anyone in UAE completely
onelovenigeria:

i understand your point ...but expect she want to create or make problems to those people then police is the best bet... and the police will still refer her to go to the consulate... so the best thing is to go to the consulate there in dubai and get a Tc since she already have a vaild air ticket...
that is what i meant...because there is no way she can travel without a passport or TC ..Got it.

2 Likes

Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Rhips: 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Someone told my sister that there was a connection for a sales rep. Job in UAE, since she's yet to get a job after her NYSC, (you know how tough Nigeria is now. But it will require her to pay some money for her visa, flight ticket and other necessary documents, but my sister told her that she currently don't have money to process any international papers.

After much discussion this lady told my sister not to worry that all documentations including flight ticket will be paid for her but on a commission fee when she arrived her destination and upon resuming work in UAE, a percentage of her salary will be remitted to them until she pays up the debt incurred.

This was two months ago precisely August. Now fast forward to yesterday 3rd November 2021, I got a WhatsApp message from my sister telling me that she was being forced into prostitution upon arriving and not the sales job as was agreed.

I told her to find a way to come back to Nigeria since she has a return ticket that will expire in 4 days time valid till 8th November 2021.

Now the issue is:
1. Her Boss, as she called her earlier took her passport upon arrival in the pretense that she may misplace it or it may get stolen.

2. Her boss insisted on her paying all the debt incurred in processing her peppers which is 125% extra on what she spent in bringing her to Dubai, which amounts to N3.5 million Naira.

Please is there a way she can return back without her international passport since she went there legally and her return ticket is still valid.

Please we need help as during this altercation since yesterday, I cannot communicate with her as her Boss has seized her phone. It's now a matter of life and death.

She should go to Nigerian Embassy IMMEDIATELY. The Embassy can issue her with Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC). She can also report the matter to the local police.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by InvertedHammer: 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House..

Now the issue is:

/
Your sister is under hostage situation. They won't leave her until the full amount (with profit) is paid.

How many times will we advise people against this kind of move especially ladies but folks choose to believe what they like?

She needs a miracle at this time. Prevention is better than cure.

If the lady that set her up is in Nigeria, move in and have her arrested immediately. She will be the collateral until your
sister returns safely to Nigeria. This is the only solution at this time. Otherwise it is too late.

/
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by vickrino(m): 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Now the issue is:

Tell her to either go to the embassy or police to report that her papers were collected from her as it is an offence for anyone to be in possession with another person's passport without consent in the UAE.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Amadi84: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
Look up NAPTIP contact and other agencies working againt human trafficking and prostitution.
Also reporting the said lady her boss with her pictures, bio data and contact phone numbers to the authorities will do.

Start from Nairaland.

Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Now the issue is:

Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Coolcube: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Now the issue is:

Contact Madam Abike on Twitter.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Sensiblerealist: 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Embassy Noor go do anything. Na waste of time.
And it's all lies when they tell you this cock and bull stories most times. Somebody who is not your father nor relative go just put money down and you will think it is manna from heaven. Rubbish!
Let her contact the CID or send me a mail.

chiventoline:
Let her locate the Nigerian Embassy, she needs to explain her plight there
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Kaynnedy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
Her Whatsapp number is not delivering messages I sent to her, and the number is switched off. But i managed to get her boss's phone number and picture.

Dialpad:
She was trafficked, this is obviously against her wish.

Gather evidence proving all you are doing was not your intention from the onset( remember she is not a minor)

Find your way to US embassy in UAE, tell them you are an exploited woman, let them know there will be consequences if you go back to Nigeria (instant death)

Your sister could be granted assaylum.

Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by mercy87(f): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Her Whatsapp number is not delivering messages I sent to her, and the number is switched off. But i managed to get her boss's phone number and picture.

Instead of looking for a way to get your sister back into this country alive. You're looking for asylum. It is well with you.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by CAPITALBEE: 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2021

Contact Mrs. Abike Dabiri's Office (Nigeria Diaspora Commission)... They handle situations like this.

And be fast about it before she is abducted to another location. Those guys are ruthless

@Kaynnedy... Work on this quick.

If you're sloppy... Your sis will go under the radar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Nikkiez: 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b] BROS, TELL YOUR SISTER TO REPORT HER SITUATION AT THE NIGERIAN EMBASSY, THE EMBASSY THEN INFORMS THE NAPTIP.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by onelovenigeria(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
Simplythebest:
You are right and i understand ur point. Let her go the Consulate then. But sometimes those girls can be smart they will be aware of the kind of job the will do there but once the get there they will change the whole story. Am talking from the experience. Never trust anyone in UAE completely
sure ...what you said is true...who does visa and buy air ticket for free for someone who is not their family....so if i am to say i will say she knew what she was going into... just that she might think she will make the money fast that why she might have agree... all the same it her safety that matters and lesson learnt ....
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by cococandy(f): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
Are you stupid?
So if someone has had consensual sexual relationships in the past, that means they should be okay with being raped?
What an ediot

slawormiir:

If that your sister nor be virgin and probably get two or three boyfriend way dey bang her steadily for Nigeria before she enter uae...why she come dey complain na.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by vislabraye(m): 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Now the issue is:

Let her locate Nigerian embassy.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by JONSYN7154: 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Now the issue is:

Contact NAPTIP ASAP. They know what to do.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by NobleSeed(m): 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2021

After finishing school and NYSC,2 to 3yrs no work ,maybe she think say na the opportunity to japa before but it happened the other way round.. anybody way still fall put for this kind format have he or herseif to blame..
Hope she regain her freedom soon.
Limassol:

You too e shock you ba? Na old format but people go continue to dey fall for it..
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
Upon all the talk about US this and US that, na the same US embassy people de say make you go find!
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Blackdisciple(m): 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
Now the issue is:

The Boss purposely took her passport so she could not leave when ever she finds out it wasn't job opportunity rather prostitution, that's what they do and they will tell you that it's for security purposes so that you don't misplace it sure you will agree to give it to them.

Well if she can go round and look for a genuine job it's fine, but how can someone survive there without knowing anybody, and Arab nation sef
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by udomas(m): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
noah24:
As she complain to u so... Meaning she nor like prostitution...... She shud look fo a way to get to d nearest police station..... Make she nor go embassy o... Na dem dem.... Uae police straight...

Yeah UAE police station straight ahead and explain everything to them as they currently frown at exploiting people within the dark economy. That her boss self go collect too!
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by crisycent: 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dialpad:

Gather evidence proving all you are doing was not your intention from the onset( remember she is not a minor)

Find your way to US embassy in UAE, tell them you are an exploited woman, let them know there will be consequences if you go back to Nigeria (instant death)

US embassy grant you asylum inside UAE?
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by udomas(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dialpad:

Exactly, another valid point
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by Tapout(m): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
But how could she have traveled to another country to take up a job role, without verifying it's illegitimacy in 2021?? sad sad Sales rep for what/who??

The country (Nigeria) is hard, but there's a class of individuals wey dem dey use this kind offer dey entice. I won't be surprised if she was contacted via Instagram. OP, Tell her to find her way to the nearest embassy immediately. I'm surprised she still has access to her phone sef. Normally dem suppose collect am from her.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by joshuaidibia(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dialpad:

US embassy? You must be joking right? She won't even cross the gate in US embassy. You can't lie to the US embassy like that. They will run background checks on you to ascertain if What you're saying is true. Granting assaylum is not that easy. And most cases it's political related
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by erniok(m): 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
JosephXavier:

Yes I bordered to read to read it and the op said that she still have 4 days before her return flight expires

That brought about the question if she is really willing to come back before the expiration date

If she is willing, she can report to the police

Dubai police are not as corrupt as Nigerian police so they will swing into action
Do you think she knows how and yet contacted the op who is seeking our opinion to this issue? We really do need deep thinkers in this country.
Re: She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. by omoharry(f): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kaynnedy:
Good afternoon House.

Now the issue is:

So with all the sad stories and the various tales of woes from victims that went to the UAE to find job, but ended up being victims of sexual & physical abuse with Thier passport confiscated at point of entry the country did not deter you from advising your sister not to fall for these agent ?. You mean you didn't hear of all the sad stories of of these women? . There was one that even went as far as advertising his help for sell to another buyer in Lebanon,until he was stopped . Remember that the Arabs still practice the Kafirs system, (it's a kind of slave master relationship system ,where the later has the sole right over his workers imported from another country ) where ladies employed from another country for labourer jobs, becomes the property of their employer and as such , they cannot leave the country unless their employer allows them go.
Now for your sister, it is a very complicated issue on here .
For a start , the UAE forbid prostitution and the penalty is a severe one . Now how can your sister report this to the authority people without getting framed by her oppressor for prostitution just to purnish her?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Married Women Fight Publicly Over Alleged Prostitution / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 7 In Kaduna Village (Photos) / Drunk Police Officer Kills Father Of 3 In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.