Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family (17142 Views)

Insecurity: United, Banditry-Free Nigeria Possible – Tinubu Tells Youths / Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths / Onnoghen: What Happens In Nigeria Will Affect The World - US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:32am On Nov 05, 2021
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said Nigeria is trapped in the web of poverty, insecurity and bad governance.

Atiku spoke during a lecture on Thursday organised by Arewa media and Development Forum in Kaduna.

He, however, added that a united Nigeria was possible if all Nigerians were treated fairly and equally.

He said all Nigerians were faced with common enemy, adding that “it is only through unity that we can surmount and overcome our challenges.”

Speaking on the theme, ‘Unity in Diversity,’ as delivered by Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, the former Vice President said all Nigerians should be treated equally.

He said, “I don’t see any Nigerian as Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. When I see you, I see you as a Nigerian and I expect the best from you. That is why I didn’t select where I should marry from. I married women from the diverse background because I don’t look at their backgrounds. I only see them as wonderful Nigeria women. My children have brothers and sisters from different background and that is why I am confident that a strongly united Nigeria is possible because I made it happen in my family.

“All Nigerians are equal and supposed to be treated equally; unity is not about homogeneity, but by accepting the diversity in differences between us. This kind of unity cannot be achieved by accident; there must be strategic efforts to promote unity.

“Language is another primary source of disunity; that is why I recommend a national law to mandate every Nigerian to speak one more language from another region of the country, so that we can connect and appreciate things we share in common.

“Atiku added, “Our common enemies do not recognise who is from the South or North, Muslim or a Christian. If we stand divided we will be trapped by the enemy. We can only escape if we work together.

“Unity is your strength; as long as you stay united no harm can come our way. Just like the pigeons we are all trapped in the net of poverty, insecurity, backwardness and bad governance and the only thing that can save us from this trap is unity.”

Meanwhile, the Akwa Ibom State’s helmsman expressed concern that the bane of Nigeria’s unity has to do with nepotism.

Emmanuel noted that there was more diversity than unity among Nigerians presently compared to time past when every Nigerian could win election irrespective of ethno-religious and regional backgrounds.

The governor who was the guest speaker at the lecture argued that the people needed the nation as a melting pot, where the identities remain but the flavours blend, “where, as the first stanza of our former national anthem so emotionally enjoined, ‘though tribe and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand.’

“What we see nowadays is a country where ethnic champions drive the narrative, and the cacophony of discordant voices makes it difficult for us to hear ourselves.”

He added, “We must ensure that there is equity and justice and that no part of the country is made to feel less of itself as this will definitely not augur well for our union.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/united-nigeria-possible-it-happens-in-my-family-atiku/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by PrinceOfLagos: 6:32am On Nov 05, 2021
This man could be the next president if APC fields Tinubu for 2023

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by Grace001: 6:33am On Nov 05, 2021
One of their new tactics…. Tell the masses what they want to hear and continue to deceive ourselves.

Atiku comparing his family with Nigeria diversity Is he normal ?

This is what most past and present leaders have always been saying “our strength is in our diversity”

Unfortunately you can’t achieve development, peace and progress with a diversity coerced by force by fire with the barrel of gun

This Diversity can only achieve little or no development, progress and peace. With one section of the country lord over other sections and no equality in justice.

Where is the progress, peace and unity ?

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by PrinceOfLagos: 6:34am On Nov 05, 2021
H
Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by helinues: 6:34am On Nov 05, 2021
grin cheesy

Born again, reformed Fulani man, Atiku.

Even though some people claimed Fulani have been the one behind the dilapidated state of their region, na still same Fulani they wan still lick his ass for 2023..

If that's not confusion of the highest order, then tell me what is it.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by PrinceOfLagos: 6:36am On Nov 05, 2021
helinues:
grin cheesy

Born again, reformed Fulania man, Atiku.

Even though some people claimed Fulani have been the one behind the dilapidated state of their region, na still same Fulani they wan still lick his ass for 2023..

If that's not confusion of the highest order, then tell me what is it.
Yes, Atiku will be the next president of Nigeria only if APC fields Tinubu

13 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by helinues: 6:37am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Some of you people are noobs when it comes to politics.. Is Atiku loved in North where he is from?

Would Buhari CPC sacrificed their ideology for Atiku's presidency even for the fact that both of them are like water and oil, abi what made Atiku to leave Apc?

Can Atiku defeat Tinubu in Southern region?

Tinubu has made so many people who they are today irrespective of region, religion, party, who Atiku help?

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by helinues: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Yes, Atiku will be the next president of Nigeria only if APC fields Tinubu

To start with, Pdp is dead in Nigeria, same as their candidate...

Know that and have peace

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by ZZ22: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2021
Nigeria is not your family, Nigeria is the reality out there. Nigeria is poverty, Nigeria is corruption, Nigeria is terrorism, Nigeria is insecurity, Nigeria is borrow borrow, Nigeria is a killing field. We need to kill Nigeria before Nigeria kill us

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by PrinceOfLagos: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2021
helinues:

Some of you people are noobs when it comes to politics.. Is Atiku loved in North where he is from?

Can Atiku defeat Tinubu in Southern region?

Tinubu has made so many people who they are today irrespective of region, religion, party, who Atiku help?

Atiku and Tinubu will share southern votes

But up north , you just gotta give it to Atiku because the northerners don't like and trust Tinubu.

Only a fool would think the north would vote Tinubu over Atiku

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by helinues: 6:40am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Atiku and Tinubu will share southern votes

But up north , you just gotta give it to Atiku because the northerners don't like and trust Tinubu.

Says someone which almost all his predictions, supports have been doomed.. Abi you get any winning major support? Mtcheeew

Abeg, vamoosed

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by PrinceOfLagos: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2021
helinues:

Says someone which almost all his predictions, supports have been doomed..

Abeg, vamoosed

Doomed by rigging , snatching of ballot boxes and manipulation of election results .

Conduct a free and fair election and APC will be history

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by XXXXTENTACION: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by helinues: 6:45am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Doomed by your rigging , snatching of ballot boxes and manipulation of elections results .

Was USA election rigged? Make we even put election aside, how about local politics, Onnoghen, End SARS, Kanu, Pantami, Kyari e.tc You and your likes lost all those listed arguments.. Abi no be so.

Then I ask again, which major things have you supported that are the real deal? Name one

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by PrinceOfLagos: 6:52am On Nov 05, 2021
helinues:

Was USA election rigged? Make we even put election aside, how about local politics, Onnoghen, End SARS, Kanu, Pantami, Kyari e.tc You and your likes lost all those listed arguments.. Abi no be so.

Then I ask again, which major things have you supported that are the real deal? Name one
I supported the last Endsars protect should hold and it held .

I supported Aba kyarri be booted out of office after his questionable link with hushpuppi got bursted and he was shown the way out of the police yet disgracefully .

Kanu w brought to court after Nigerians mounted pressure on the federal government and I was surprised he looked fresh than some of you haters of good governance .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by JAMO84: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2021
But you saw Jonathan as Ijaw when you were contesting against him in 2011

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by omowolewa: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2021
That's the problem, your family is too small and micro than Nigeria

Naso we test run and you will tell us to wait till you complete your 8 years.

SmartPolician:

I don't believe this, please.
Atiku is a rich man, so he can take care of his wives and children.

He will give them the best things of life.
Where tribe and religion become a factor is where favouritism creeps in.

In other words, if justice, fairness, and equity become the fulcrum of leadership in Nigeria, the country will be a lot stable.
The law that applies to A should apply to B.

Despite their huge population, countries like the US, China and Brazil have done well for themselves. It's not magic; people just need to be treated justly, fairly and equitably.

Nigeria is larger than family business.

Activities in a family is a micro economic affairs between subjects who are dependent on a father figure who selected them with care.

Nigeria is Complex than that mentality

7 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by helinues: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I supported the last Endsars protect should hold and it held .

I supported Aba kyarri be booted out of office after his questionable link with hushpuppi got bursted and he was shown the way out of the police yet disgracefully .

@ emboldened, was the last Endsars commemoration a protest, when the likes of Falz was riding inside cars guided with their personal security? Should that even be regarded as major support and winning?

Regarding Kyari, if we were to go by your analysis, Sahara deserted and gossip Gazzete media, Kyari would have been in USA prison by now.

And Btw, are you the one who kicked Kyari out of police force, abi that one is your imagination?

16 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by Difrent: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Doomed by your rigging , snatching of ballot boxes and manipulation of election results .

Pdp is no longer in power stop alluding to their atrocities.....even UMYA agreed that the election that brought him in was badly rigged.....

11 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by JavaScript90: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2021
I like this man. He seems to be detribalized but he should support peter obi come 2023

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by Spending123: 7:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Thunder fir* you there Atiku.

My friend was killed for not able to recite a verse in Quran.

Declear Islam a terrorist state now.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by Maxymilliano(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2021
Atiku my man ... Nigeria needs you to make life more meaningful says Ahmed Bola Tinubu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by Charmingrascal(m): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by DeMekus: 7:26am On Nov 05, 2021
All Fulanis are terrorists as long as they go to mosques for prayer. If you like marry my dead grandma and you're Fulani, I'll always see you as a terrorist that deserves a clean headshot.

13 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by skywalker240(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2021
You and your corrupt family

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by johnmartus(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2021
He never condemned the activities of herdsmen or bandits.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by vedaxcool(m): 7:41am On Nov 05, 2021
Op well done, tomorrow you will cue at Athiefkus house for mobilization fee. All the hate Fulani crap na to create problem for the country.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by Leverage2021: 7:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Henceforth We need liberal Northerners like atiku and saraki not jihadists bigots up north

Funny enough zombies call them corrupt but I think that's what we need cos these so called corrupt men are exposed and know the good things of life

They enter power in tune to what is the latest

Not like the "uncorrupt" rigid buhari

1 Like

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by AntiBMC(m): 7:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Has his family members turned into Terrorists and started killing their extended family members? Has some of his family members turned to killer herdsmen? He must be mad, respectfully.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family by Toosure70: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
Good but #SOUTHNEXT#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! / Kehinde Ajibade: IPPIS Is A Scam, FG Deceived Us / Gunshots, Panic As Aregbesola’s Convoy Passed Through Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.