Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,550 members, 7,809,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video (55476 Views)

Femi Osibona Arrested In 2020 For Resisting Sealing Ikoyi Building (Throwback / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by jrupa(m): 8:02am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:
sad Hav you thought about Explosive attached around the building Piller

Nothing is impossible

I thought about this too though
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by UTILITYMAY(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
Let me watch first
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by oluwaseyi0: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The government should tell us who owns the building and let's start there. Setting up of panels makes no difference

That won't make much difference unless those owners are the one doing the building themselves
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by oshionelecky: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible

Explosives?

Funny. Explosives and nobody heard the usual loud bang that comes with explosives?

Too much Hollywood will not kill you.

5 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Ykc2(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
His story did not add up ,just like sujimoto,the types off billionaires we ve in nigeria devil sef dey laugh,obinwanne okeke too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
PAINFUL STORY OF THE MAN FEMI OSIBONA

Olufemi Adegoke Osibona otherwise called Femi Fourscore was a native of Ikenne in Ogun state.

He had his primary school in Lagos before moving to Mayflower School in Ikenne, Ogun State for his secondary education. He then proceeded to Croydon University in the United Kingdom to study Business and Finance for his HND.

Osibona started shoes and suits business in 1991. By 1998, he stopped selling shoes and suits after nurturing a property he purchased in 1997 to a profitable venture.

From there, he ventured into building construction.

Osibona was quoted to have said: “I also noticed that many Nigerians at that time were reluctant to go into construction but I believed anything was possible with God on my side.”

Osibona established Fourscore Homes, a real estate development firm. He said his company is a member of the National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) in South Africa and Zurich Building Guarantee in Europe.

“We have exhibited our expertise in property development in the United Kingdom, South Africa, the United States of America and Nigeria. Fourscore Homes possesses uncommon capabilities in redefining property development in any market we choose to play in,” he was quoted to have said.

The sexagenarian is said to be the first African developer to construct a seven-storey building located at 113, Albion Drive, London Fields, E8, 4LZ, in East London. He then moved to South Africa in 2009 where he built six luxury units of houses called Fourscore Mansions in Waterkloof, Pretoria.

Osibona said in an interview: “I was one of the people whose real estate developments led to the growth of East London. I bought a house on New Cross Road and renovated it. I also bought a piece of land behind it and built two flats there, and that is what I will call my first real estate project. That was how I started building houses for sale. Renowned Juju music maestro, Ebenezer Obey visited the property when he was in London.”

According to him, the 360 Degrees Towers in Ikoyi, the ill-fated structure, was designed to be the first of its kind in Nigeria and the structure “will give peace of mind and comfort to the residents, because everything works”.

Osibona told a television station that he built over 50 projects in London and Manchester and from there, went to South Africa to build a number of estates.

“In all the projects abroad, we buy land and develop and I am the builder, I don’t engage any builder. I was in Atlanta for only four months before I decided to buy land. It is the same procedure in housing development and if you have done it in one country, then you can do it in another because it is the same principle,” he said

Osibona was a member of the Celestial Church of Christ (CCC) and a lover of the pulpit.

For him, the collapse of the building in Ikoyi was not the first time his structures will suffer damage. In his talk with CelestialOvation Talk Show, Osibona narrated how four of his 24 flats in Atlanta, Georgia, were razed but the incident turned out to be a blessing for him.

In a viral video recorded on July 4, 2021, Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo of the Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) London, said Osibona came to him for divine consultation on where he should take his investments to after listening to his teachings on salvation and wealth creation.

“After listening to my tapes, he built 12 apartments in London, sold eight, kept four. Then he came to me again and said, ‘pastor Matthew, lay hands on me; where should I go again?’ After I’d laid hands the first time, he said ‘where should I go again? I want to go to South Africa; please pray for me.’ I prayed for him.

“Ladies and gentlemen, he went to South Africa and built 125 houses in the highbrow area of Centurion, next door to Johannesburg. He broke through exponentially.

“Then, he calls me and says: ‘where are you, sir? I want to come to you.’ I said ‘I’m in Ghana preaching’. He jumps on a plane and flies to Ghana from South Africa. He comes and says ‘where should I go again?’ I said, ‘look, I’m not your financial adviser. Go and meet your financial adviser.’ He said ‘you’re doing better than them.’ So, I laid hands on him, prayed for him and I said ‘go to Nigeria, your country’.

“They call him Femi Fourscore. Femi comes to Lagos, boom, he buys a land in Ikoyi and builds 40 apartments and sold each one for like a million dollars.

“As I am talking to you right now, in fact, this morning, Femi sent me a video. He’s building I think three towers together on Alexander. We know Ikoyi. One is 14 floors, one is 16 floors, one is 21 floors.”

Ashimolowo confirmed that Osibona used to sell shirts and ties in Abuja.

“This guy used to sell shirts and ties in Abuja. I just told you he supplied me. He didn’t even have the shirt and tie; he went to others to get for me during that crisis journey. Now, he has three towers. I’m even wondering who should be laying hands on whom,” the pastor said.

©️The Nation
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by chukel(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

This mad man was bragging about gaming the system. See where it has led to now.

His death and that of other innocent workers trying to earn a honest living.

May Nigeria not happen to us.
an honest living. Please correct it. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Toosure70: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
They said the building belongs to Osibanjo
that is good then.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by incogni2o: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2021
lalasticlolo
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by oshionelecky: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2021
jrupa:

Too much Hollywood will not kill you too.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by zikter(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The government should tell us who owns the building and let's start there. Setting up of panels makes no difference
The building is owned by fourscore heights limited, which Femi is the CEO. Now that you know the owner of the building......

5 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by alcaptainero: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2021
They have stylishly labeled this dead man as the “owner “ of the collapsed building when we all know that he is just a developer and not the owner. Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu and Osinbajo should own up their responsibility

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Kingbeacon(m): 8:05am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:

Knowing who owns the building means nothing Since even the owner can't bring back the dead back, the important thing is we should not be unfortunate of evil occurrence

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Shedrack777: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2021
e sweet me say him die inside that building. but e pain me say other innocent people follow am die
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by BarrElChapo(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2021
The justice in this is that he is in there with them cos we don't need his apologies.

The fruits of bribery and corruption.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Asadujames202(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2021
The criminal, ritualist from the wild west is gon

He was phucking his PA before the whole building caved in
Reason, she was found naked

Na straight to hell fire

No Ewedu in hell fire
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by APCNig: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2021
Sanchez01:

Since they are from the same place, Osibona should go and wait for Osinbajo at the gate of Heaven and Hell.

Starboy Osinbajo will join him (Osibona) soon in just about 50 years time.

Obviously, his (Osibona) cult group wanted blood this time around, so they drank his and others.

Evil people all over the place.

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 8:07am On Nov 05, 2021
Racoon:
It is so tragic that his stubbornness cost the lives of many people.
i really think that the collapse of that building should be investigated because i honest can't believe i high rising building can come down that way so easily.... and it didnt come down when the owners and the contractor were not around...it when the were in the said site it too place....it really need to be investigated ....and from the picture i saw of that said building i cant rule out a bomb maybe ....

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by janga02(m): 8:07am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:

What are we going to gain from knowing the owner of the buolding? The main challenge here is how to prevent future occurence. We are need to start doing the right thing, including you and me.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by mrfortunate1: 8:08am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The vice president is the owner of the building. Are u ok now, isn't that what u want to hear? If not madness that is worrying you, it was clearly stated in the post that the man ( Femi Osibona) is the owner but your hateful and bigotry mind is still looking for some imaginary owner.

7 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by ddippset(m): 8:09am On Nov 05, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

That won't make much difference unless those owners are the one doing the building themselves
Ayam not understanding.

Which owner again? Was this Femi guy not the owner?
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by BigDawsNet: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2021
oshionelecky:

Explosives?

Funny. Explosives and nobody heard the usual loud bang that comes with explosives?

Too much Hollywood will not kill you.

Have you heard about Explosive breaching they are explosive with very low sound used by the military...it's can do some good damage....

If I was some kind of private investigator...I will look more into it

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by berbs: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible
Thought so too when I saw the pile online this morning. Time for sowing and time for reaping is always sure.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by BigDawsNet: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2021
jrupa:

I hope they can get a bomb dog to sniff out some equipments if possible
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by jrupa(m): 8:11am On Nov 05, 2021
oshionelecky:

Too much Hollywood will not kill you too.
Sure
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by mrfortunate1: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
Vice President is the owner. Are you ok now? Isn't that what you want to hear. The post clearly state that the man Femi Osibona is the owner of the building but Ur bigotry and hateful mind is still hunting for imaginary owner.

2 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Jakumo(m): 8:11am On Nov 05, 2021
This guy's story just doesn't add up. He sold shoes in England from 1991 to 1997, and then "decided" to buy a house, before just as quickly "deciding" to go into real estate development, presumably with the money he made selling shoes in a retail capacity.

One suspects that this man was simply a front for the REAL owners of the various buildings he erected in Nigeria, including the multi-story structure whose collapse is purported to have claimed the developer's life.

The real owners of such properties are likely to be well-connected treasury looters who do not wish to be publicly identified and thus require the services of a front to pose as the legitimate owner of such buildings erected with embezzled public funds, as a means of side-stepping the attention of the public, and of law enforcement agencies.

Anyway, our one-time shoe seller is supposedly dead, and his secrets will be that much more difficult to unravel, regardless of whether he is actually dead, or simply in hiding outside Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by victorazy(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible

Nawa for you o!

Explosive and people around couldn't mention it?

What happened was pure structural deformation based on negligence and greed. The building was overloaded. Am into construction, and every superstructure have load calculated eg. Dead load & Live load. The calculation for 15 storey and 21 storey can never be the same, their structural elements e.g. columns, beams, slabs strengths can never be the same.

2 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Sleekfingers: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
RichDad1:
The man is dead now, can we allow him rest ?

We won't allow him to rest.....he wasted lots of lives......the government should bring his dead body to falomo under bridge......make I give 100 strokes of cane......

I want the governor to deal with , whosoever is involved in this shit..... either dead or alive......those that aren't should be dealt with , without mercy........we just don't value human lives in this bloody country...... something that is quite avoidable

3 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by michlins(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
janga02:

What are we going to gain from knowing the owner of the buolding? The main challenge here is how to prevent future occurence. We are need to start doing the right thing, including you and me.
[qu
Kingbeacon:

Knowing who owns the building means nothing Since even the owner can't bring back the dead back, the important thing is we should not be unfortunate of evil occurrence
ote author=mrfortunate1 post=107345078]
The vice president is the owner of the building. Are u ok now, isn't that what u want to hear? If not madness that is worrying you, it was clearly stated in the post that the man ( Femi Osibona) is the owner but your hateful and bigotry mind is still looking for some imaginary owner.[/quote] the reason the owner needs to be made available is for him to answer to his manslaughter charges.

This collapse is as a result of recklessness and use of cheap materials below standards. But most of you don't want to hear it. You don't want the name of your favorites to be mentioned.

One thing I know about the Nigeria masses is that once their own person or someone they like is benefiting from irregularities and corruptions,they will fight tooth and nail to protect him or her.

With news about the building going past the recommended heights, there's no way the owner won't be aware of such infractions
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by SATANlST: 8:16am On Nov 05, 2021
he has killed dozens because of hs greed. may his soul not rest peace but in hot piss.

even in london they told him not to build 3 storey and he went ahead to do it. the scumbag has been looking or people to kill long ago.
the most annoying part is how he screams god everywhere.]

the idiot even has no idea about building sef o. just see how this idiot dey use people life dey play betnaija/

he even said god spoke to him. omo i am happy an idiot like this is erased from planet earth. typical useless greedy ngerian. they wll be commiting the worst havok and be screaming god.

omo the way this guy is screaming god and how god spoke to him is pissiing me off

2 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Saintmary(f): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible

And no one heard the explosion?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update / Abandoned Mansions: Estate Deserted In Abuja (Photos) / XAMMEL Solutionz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.