Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 (3522 Views)

Throwback: The Major Gideon Orkar Coup Of April 22 1990 / The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable / Dino Melaye In 1990 In Okene (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by FellaG: 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
I noticed, it's only middle belt and sountherners that were often executed for coups in Nigeria. Middle belt and sountherners lost enough men in the military. I will check which tribe died more in the C130 plane crash of 1992.i hope my fears won't be confirmed

1 Like

Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by genkins(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
FellaG:
I noticed, it's only middle belt and sountherners that were often executed for coups in Nigeria. Middle belt and sountherners lost enough men in the military. I will check which tribe died more in the C130 plane crash of 1992.i hope my fears won't be confirmed

Yes we need to chk
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by FellaG: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
genkins:

Yes we need to chk

Sure
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by genkins(m): 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
So sad for the southerners
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by FellaG: 8:47am On Jan 07, 2022
Nawa
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by Melonsmasher: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bump
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by asanausana91: 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
genkins:

Lol.. That is what made his coup fail.. But I kinda understand what he was trying to do. The seat of power was in Lagos. Orkar and Co were not concerned with what happens up north. Thier mission was to grap power in the Lagos centre and then give conditions to the north if they still want to be part of Nigeria. If it came to a fight, they will have the upper hand. The North will have no choice other than accepting thier conditions. The North is land locked, No oil etc and depend on the south to live well
you are wrong. The north is a special land that can produce any crop and there are many minerals in the north. The discovery of the oil down south made many northerners lazy.
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by truthhurtsnaira: 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
lazkizz:
Men with Lion Hearts, young and ready to change the ideology of Nigerians

Now politics have eaten Deep into the Nigeria Army, that its only the Sons/daughters of the corrupt Leaders that can gain admission to N.D.A

While they sell recruitment slots for poor desperate Graduates...

I Repeat Nigeria issa falied state... Until tribalism, nepotism, and religion difference is been addressed properly.

Will become war tore like Syria in the next 3 years.

They were all fools..

WHy are they trying to fix what White Folk created to exploit Black folk…

Tribalism is a world phenomena as Europeans are more tribal than una and live in peace in their tribal nations ruled by their kings…

While you all are living with strangers because Oyibo said to do so in order to steal your resources and your ancient RELICS…

Who are the boss biatches and who are the N I G G E R S ?
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by truthhurtsnaira: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
asanausana91:
you are wrong. The north is a special land that can produce any crop and there are many minerals in the north. The discovery of the oil down south made many northerners lazy.

Fulani culture from Senegal made them LAZY…

1 Like

Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by gidgiddy: 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2023
Gideon Orker nearly succeeded, I wish he had
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by Melonsmasher: 2:06am On Sep 03, 2023
truthhurtsnaira:

They were all fools..

WHy are they trying to fix what White Folk created to exploit Black folk…

Tribalism is a world phenomena as Europeans are more tribal than una and live in peace in their tribal nations ruled by their kings…

While you all are living with strangers because Oyibo said to do so in order to steal your resources and your ancient RELICS…

Who are the boss biatches and who are the N I G G E R S ?
They actually planned to cut off the northern states from the country

1 Like

Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by LivingTribunal: 2:07am On Sep 03, 2023
FellaG:

During the trial of Major Gideon Orkar and his fellow conspirators, they reportedly told the military tribunal that their coup was in three steps. The last step was that unless all the junior officers were killed, there would be no hiding place for the Babangida regime. Two years later, over 150 middle-grade officers died in that C-130 plane crash on September 26, 1992.
Re: The bloody Gideon Orkar Led Coup Of 1990 by Melonsmasher: 2:14am On Sep 03, 2023
"We didn’t have the option of ballots but bullets. We couldn’t vote him out, so we decided to use the only available option to us." - Lt. SOS Echendu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Borehole Project: This Is What An Individual Built In My Home Town(pictures) / Kaduna Has 4m Reg Voters: Anambra Has 3m Reg Voters / Responses Of Nigerians On Facebook To Dino Malaye's Proposed Protest Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.