Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring (49530 Views)

Nigerian Presidential Election 2023 (Live Updates And Monitoring) / Anambra Governorship Election 2021 Results Updates From Polling Units (Pictures) / #AnambraDecides: Live Pictures From The Anambra Election 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by engineerboat(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2021
The day is here for the Anambra 2021 gubernatorial election. The election will be coming ip today Saturday 6th November, 2021

18 Political parties are registered for the Election

A
Maduka Godwin
Obi Ifeatu

AA
Etiaba Chukwuogo
Uchebo Mwao

AAC
Nwankwo Chidozie
Nwaebili Clare

ADC
Akachukwu Nwankpo
Lawrence Ughamadu

ADP
Ume-Ezeoke Douglas
Maxwell Chukujama

APC
Andy Uba
Chukwuemeka Okafor

APGA
Charles Soludo
Ibezim Gilbert

APM
Onyejegbu Okwudili
Onuora Letitia

APP
Azubuike Echetebu
Ogbonna Nnabike

BP
Chika Okeke
Chika Adibe

LP
Agbasimalo Emmanuel
Muokwue Peter

NNPP
Ohajimkpo Emeka
Nwude Ebelechukwu

NRM
Ezenwafor Victor
Ojukwu Chukwuma

PDP
Valentine Ozigbo
Lilian Enemo

PRP
Nnamdi Nwawuo
Igbo Gozie

SDP
Uzoh Godwin
Chira Obiora

YPP
Ifeanyi Ubah
Okechukwu Eze

ZLP
Okonkwo Francis
Jessie Uka

18 registered parties present candidates for the election, of which All the Governorship candidates are male, for the deputy Governorship candidate there are 9 Males and 7 Females

INEC has ruled out voting in 88 Polling Units because there are no voters

Basic Facts about the Election
* The present Anambra state was created by the regime of General Ibrahim Babangida on August 27, 1991

* Anambra State consists of 21 Local Government Areas.

*Anambra has three Senatorial Districts – North, South and Central

* There are 11 Federal Constituencies in Anambra-Aguata, Anambra North/Anambra South, Awka North/Awka South, Idemili North/Idemili South, Ihiala, Njikoka/Dukunofia/Anaocha, Nnewi North/Nnewi South, Ogbaru, Onitsha North/Onitsha South, Orumba North/Orumba South and Oyi/Oyamulem

* Eligible voters 2,525,471

Stay tuned for more updates.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by engineerboat(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2021
ANDY UBAH (APC)

Senator Andy Uba, the flag bearer of APC. He hails from Uga, Aguata local government area in the South senatorial zone. He was elected governor in 2007, on the platform of the PDP, but he only lasted for 17 days in office as a result of tenure interpretation case instituted by then governor, Peter Obi. He earlier served as personal aide to former President Olusegun Obasanjo for about seven years.

In 2010, Uba was the governorship candidate of the LP losing to Peter Obi, the then incumbent governor but became the Senator for Anambra South later in 2011. He joined APC in 2017. Though his emergence as the APC candidate was controversial, it has been a harvest of political heavyweights from other political parties in the state, joining the APC to help his governorship cause. He enjoys the support of 13 APC governors. Former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan are alleged to be supporting him as well.

All the foot-soldiers of the leader of the party in the State and Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, are working for Uba. Emeka Okafor, who is Uba’s deputy, and hails from Nnobi, in Idemili local government area is Ngige’s cousin. Currently, Uba has the support of Senator Stella Oduah, representing Anambra North senatorial zone, having joined APC recently, Senator Joy Emodi and the member representing Onitsha North and South Federal constituency, Linda Ikpeazu, all from PDP. He has also poached some APGA members in the House of Assembly among others. The recent defection of the incumbent deputy governor of the State, Dr. Nkem Okeke of APGAhas further brightened Uba’s chances.

His major weakness is the grassroots. Political observers say he plays Abuja politics more than the local politics of the state but APC is today rooted in every local government area in Anambra State because of the number of defections from APGA and PDP. Another strong contender for Obiano’s seat and former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, the ticket bearer of the ruling APGA. Importantly, he enjoys the backing of Governor Willie Obiano and the APGA government in Anambra which has been in power for almost 16 years making it a difficult task for any political party to dislodge it easily. Besides, they always use the image of late Igbo leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, to promote APG as an Igbo party.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by engineerboat(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2021
VALENTINE OZIGBO (PDP)

Valentine Ozigbo, the candidate of the PDP, is the immediate past Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Transcorp Plc. Though he is new in the murky waters of politics of the State, he has played it like a veteran so far. His emergence as the candidate of PDP was controversial like those of Uba and Soludo, but he has soldiered on. The once solid PDP has been depleted with the top guns in the party decamping to APC, thereby whittling the chances of Ozigbo at the polls.

According to one of the chieftains who joined APC, Sir Chris Chikwelu, the PDP candidate is good and solid, but certain characters think they own the party. Though, he has repeatedly debunked having any godfather in the race, observers believe that it was former governor Peter Obi that made him the candidate of the party. Such insinuations are rife across the state, making it difficult for him to convince some opponents of the former governor to work for Ozigbo.

Read Also: Anambra Election: APC’ll triumph on November 6 – Uba
In less than two years since he joined politics, Ozigbo has built one of the most efficient and impactful political organisations in Nigeria, (Ka Anambra Chawapu (a better and brighter Anambra). His campaign mantra is popular at the grassroots. Analysts believe he made a fine choice in his deputy, Lady Azuka Enemo, an Anglican, a mobilizer from Onitsha, who served two terms as Commissioner for local government in Obi’s government.

His major strengths in the race are his articulation, speech delivery strength and popularity of PDP in Anambra State. But what has weakened him is the division in the party. This disunity has robbed the party of electoral victories on many occasions. He has promised to harness the opportunities that abound in Anambra if elected on November 6.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by engineerboat(m): 1:11am On Nov 06, 2021
PROFESSOR CHARLES SOLUDO (APGA)

Soludo hails from Isuofia, also in Aguata local government area from the same South. He had tried to govern the state on two occasions but failed in 2010 as PDP candidate and in 2013, when he aspired on the platform of APGA, but was denied the ticket. He is a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Economic team and heads Anambra State Vision 2050, launched by Obiano, among others. He is expected to reap from the achievements of APGA government in the state since 2006. The party’s campaigns have been anchored on these.

But the choice of his running mate, Dr. Onyeka Ibezim, is viewed as an imposition on him for selfish reasons. Already, the Anglican community in the state is said to be unhappy with the choice and has thrown its weight to Uba, candidate of the APC. APGA is rooted in all the 21 local government areas in the state. This is an added advantage to Soludo’ aspiration. Nevertheless, Anambra state residents seem to have become tired of APGA due to alleged abandoned projects and failed campaign promises by the incumbent administration.

Also, Soludo’s emergence as the candidate of APGA brought about a yet to be resolved crisis in the party leading to the emergence of three factions. The problems had led to the mass defection of their members to APC and PDP. He has promised the residents to continue the legacy of the Obiano administration and that of APGA, if he is elected on November 6 governorship poll.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by engineerboat(m): 1:11am On Nov 06, 2021
IFEANYI UBAH (YPP)

The candidate of the YPP, Ifeanyi Ubah, a seating Senator representing Anambra South, is one candidate many people believe can spring a surprise in spite of the relative unpopularity of his party in the state. Though he won his current senate seat on the platform of the party, until the build up to the current governorship race, the businessman turned politician had did very little to popularize the party beyond his senatorial district.

“He had his eyes on the APC governorship seat all the while. That is why he did not work hard on spreading the structures and popularity of YPP across the state. It was only when he realized he could not snatch the APC ticket that he reversed to the use of YPP. Now not many people in other parts of the state can relate with the party. What he has going for him is his on personal popularity. He is well known in Anambra as a businessman, sports promoter and politician,” a source explained.

Ubah says security will be a major focus if he is elected. “On the security situation in my state, I have a different method that I am going to apply. I am going to apply information technology and information gathering to solve many problems. My constituency asked me to go and see how I can proffer political solution to issues that surround Nnamdi Kanu. I will do that if elected,” he said.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by engineerboat(m): 1:12am On Nov 06, 2021
INEC Will be making use of the BVAD system.

Its a multifunctional integrated device that will serve different layers of purposes for different activities in the process of adding value to the elections in Nigeria.

The all-in-one technology:
i. Serve as the INEC’s Voter Enrolment Device (IVED) during the commission’s voter registration exercise.
ii. It will serve as the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) for voter accreditation on election day, replacing the Smart Card Readers.
iii. it will serve as the INEC’s Result Viewing Device (IReV Device) which will be used for uploading election results on election day to the INEC Viewing Portal.

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 06, 2021

Charles Soludo!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 06, 2021
Charles Soludo for Governor 2021.

I'm rooting for APGAgrin

May the best man win!

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Nestech: 1:13am On Nov 06, 2021
Booked...
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by starbuck(f): 1:32am On Nov 06, 2021
APGA

29 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by nzeobi(m): 2:00am On Nov 06, 2021
The anambra election is always won by first timers and should the trend continue then PDP should win easily

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by shigishege: 2:14am On Nov 06, 2021
We are arriving one by one. Let me book a sit here. Today is going to be very interesting!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Bullet01(f): 2:32am On Nov 06, 2021
engineerboat:
INEC Will be making use of the BVAD system.

Its a multifunctional integrated device that will serve different layers of purposes for different activities in the process of adding value to the elections in Nigeria.

The all-in-one technology:
i. Serve as the INEC’s Voter Enrolment Device (IVED) during the commission’s voter registration exercise.
ii. It will serve as the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) for voter accreditation on election day, replacing the Smart Card Readers.
iii. it will serve as the INEC’s Result Viewing Device (IReV Device) which will be used for uploading election results on election day to the INEC Viewing Portal.

This sound interesting. I pray peoples choice and the best man wins.

Goodluck to the Anambrans
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Prosperous111(m): 2:50am On Nov 06, 2021
Make me too occupy here before everywhere go full grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Homeboiy: 3:47am On Nov 06, 2021
We are watching
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Willy7(m): 4:58am On Nov 06, 2021
Anambra election is always a template for the general elections. Let the best candidate win. Personally I wouldn't want the APC to win, but then Anambra is too big for one man to muscle no matter the party affiliations,just that an APC win may trigger more chaos and unrest in the state due to the no love lost btw indigenous igbos and the fulani controlled APC. As for Apga, I wish them well as Willy himself destroyed the party with his carefree attitude. Soludo is a theorist rather than a practical person. He may not be the solution after all. Andy Uba doesn't have the appeal of a great leader and his past dealings during the Obj years leaves much to be desired. Politicians don't change, they get smarter in wickedness. That Andy looks cold blooded sha, na Ipob I dey pity. Maduka may be another Okoroacha in administration,but he appeals more to me as a man with the heart for the downtrodden. I prefer him. As for Pdp and Ypp, let them go and put their houses in order. Ypp is looking for money to settle his debts thats all. He doesn't have what it takes to even be an LGA chairman. Finally igbos (Anambrarians) never prepared for this election, so the outcome shouldn't shock them.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by psychologist(m): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2021
Congratulations to maduka already

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by clockwisereport: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2021
Male I register my presence here

Has Agbasimalo been released from kidnapper's den?
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Dailymice: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2021
wink
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Oshlander: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2021
okay
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by paskal16: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2021
nkea bu nke anyi
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by bluefilm: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2021
Soludo is the man to beat.

APGA!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by emmeyen: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2021
Really anyone that goes out to vote is simply a case of OYO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Ayomide811(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2021
No leflendum no erection

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by XOGBADO(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2021
AAC
Chidozie Nwankwo has stepped down from the race.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Emmastan291: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2021
May the best candidate win except Andy Uba.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Kevinsamba: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2021
May violence not occur today

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by AmazingELixir: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2021
grin

The way this election is keenly contested...I don't think losers will take it likely.

Wow! There is a woman amongst the ranks....at least she will go down as a one time governorship aspirant in the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Timekeeper: 7:15am On Nov 06, 2021
Fulani for Anambra
Re: Anambra Governorship Election 2021: Live Updates And Monitoring by Kevinsamba: 7:15am On Nov 06, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

EFCC Intercepts ₦‎32.4 Million Meant For Vote-Buying In Lagos (Photo) / Anambra Native Doctor: Why I Didn’t Disappear When Kidnappers Struck (Video) / Abaya, The Only Person Dino Melaye Follows On Instagram (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.