Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,773 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice (48607 Views)

Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by sulaak(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2021
dasparrow:

Take it to the Lord Jehovah God in prayer and may He direct your path. My humble submission.

Bloody nonsense response.

Nigerians and their extreme religion

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by justmondris: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2021
Do a background check on the company and be 100% sure they are legit. Tell them you need their assistance in getting a visa and once that is ready and you have collected it, resign from
Your current company. If you let go of this golden opportunity because of fear of the unknown, it will hurt you forever.

Lastly, are they expecting you to work remotely?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by alizma: 10:56am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help
First of all, I believe your friend that helped you applied know all this fact, then what is he saying regarding all these? I appreciate his efforts in helping you to secure the job but as friend who understand all that you have listed out, I expect that by now he should be at the forefront guiding you on the next line of action, like giving you someone's link over there, assisting you with money to secure accomodation if that need be or contacting an agency on your behalf in respect of accomodation. You didn't mention any of these and that create room for alarm. Is just like myself looking for job in Lagos for a friend in Ilorin while I am in Abuja and I know very well that he has no one in Lagos, because of my own exposure, I should be able to guide him all through. So my brother ask him what is the next thing. Alternatively, drop your contact so that some people with friends out there can help you confirm and possibly link you up with someone over there. Success

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Uwaiwe: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2021
210k cannot feed family of three in a month in Nigeria. You can keep the job and forget Canada but don't hesitate to pass the offer over here. On a more serious note, 210k isn't upto $400. That's not even upto a cleaners salary in Canada. But don't resign from your job until you arrive in Canada. There are dubious, scam job offers all over the place. Follow up with Canada visa and ensure its legitimate because 210k job can't be compared with Canada visa process that cost more than N10M to secure legitimately.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by BruncleZuma: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2021
Ekpekus:

Dem wan run you street so...
The company suppose apply for work permit for you... if you nor get work permit, just siddon jejely dey do your job for 9ja

Op, you see this advise, read am well before you think of any other thing or take any other advise. Nah complete truth this person dey yarn. No work permit/visa no go anywhere before you open thread for Crime Section.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Kylce042(m): 10:58am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help
You don’t have to quit your job here make an excuse rather and bro Canada is a dream come through if i were you i would be on a plane right now
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by juman(m): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2021
Hope is not a scam.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Use the job offer to get a visa first then come back and post.

grin
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by uniquebright: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2021
First thing first oga get your visa before thinking resigning. Is one to get a job is another thing to get a visa
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Originalsly: 11:07am On Nov 06, 2021
How much have you paid to date in processing papers for the job? If you know what's good for you ... keep your job. What special skill do you have that is extremely hard to find in Canada?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by davidadenrele: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2021
Hello,

Hmnn this life no balance, despite million of Nigerian praying daily to get opportunity to leave Nigeria, you had the opportunity on a platter of Gold and you still asking what you should do please for the sake of your parents especially your mother that labored to conceive and carry you in her belly for 9months please go, God will see you through Nigeria you see today has no plan for the future of its youth now or tomorrow, ask your self a basic question do you want your children to suffer the and have a bitter experience of having to look and lobby to get jobs, with all this inflation, insecurities and these unrest of mind here and there happening in Nigeria, "leave ooo before you say Nigeria is not meant for you, our mumu no too much!! grin grin am sure you heard this voice at the background on tiktok!! please leave you might later regret if you dont mark my word that 210K wey you dey earn wey dey shak you go soon clear for your eye now!! how much is a dollar to naira now $570 to N1.00 do the maths canada will give a whole lot of opportunities to plan for your life and your family in Nigeria, Nigeria has no good thing to offer its getting worse everyday its a fact.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Quelme: 11:10am On Nov 06, 2021
Hope this one no be like ADENL like scam
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Truvelisback(m): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Bro, u don't need to fear. U should take a positive risk by going there. The people there are not animals, they are humanbeings. If it were a place like Afghanistan, i would have advised u not to go.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by seunsmith1930(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Boss! Be very sure of your journey and get all necessary document before you resign from your present work!
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Michaelota: 11:29am On Nov 06, 2021
Japa to Canada and leave this shit hole country
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Dextre(m): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Is 210k a job to you? If you cannot suffer for a year in Canada to find stability, just dey naija o. If I get job for Canada, there is no single second thought, I already have it in my mind that I’ll suffer for my first year there, it can only get better from there. See this guy sha, wetin be 210k. You’ll make 3 times that in a month in Canada if not more sef
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Solatium(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

You wish you had a job offer,from your salary grade you quoted here in Nigeria i can tell you that this your Cana job offer na cruise l
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by HEAVEN4444: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2021
Let me tell you whats happening here. there are many nigerins who find themselves in new york and discover its a tough place to survive. like 10 of them live in an apartment in brooklyn so they can share the 3000 dollars a month rent. so am assuming this your friend is going through hard times and he remembers that you are in naija with a good job and he can milk you.

first off, unless you are some kind of expert brain surgeon there is no job in canada that will hire you from nigeria.

VERDICT ? that your friend in new york wan run you street

4 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by asobo1: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2021
Starships4u:
Bro as long as they gave yhu the JOB-only-if yhu lied in yhur residency if not they'd write to the Canadian Embassy where yhu'd submit yhur passport for Visa to request expedient action as yhu have been employed by them.

210000÷530=$397.
Whatever the pay would be in Canada, use yhur head to do this maths always and know which one benefits yhu.
Your maths oo wrong gan. He presently earns #210k in naija
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Paretomaster1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Why are you allowing d spirit of Thomas to haunt you?

You passed their interview, you will beat every other challenges , unless if na magomago u take get the job... Fear not...

Go for it, after fulfilling every other requirements before you resign.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by philiancoop(m): 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2021
Jobs plenty for Canada
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by bdon123(m): 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
U must be silly,stay in naija.Mcheeew

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by sidonlook: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
ednut1:
cheap scam, start work in Canada without getting visa for you first. There is no job in Canada waiting for you. Na yahoo boys you dey chat
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Clinghton: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
Are you afraid that the job might not be real or you're thinking on how you would survive there?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by kelvindj98: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2021
Nairaland is just filled with nonsense nowadays. Every stupid and crooked story makes it to the front page.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by adebwalex(m): 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Bros you better pack your load and jet out of this country. I have a friend at Canada and their pay and others thing are good.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by gulfer: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
@OP, answer these questions and rhetorics below honestly and decide; if a bird in the hand is not worth more than two in the bush cool cool cool cool

Does the Canadian company know you are based in Nigeria?
If yes, they are supposed to have an arrangement for your immigration.
If yes, you should follow their instructions and ask other pertinent questions like relocation, etc plans
What is the Canadian job's pay worth, and what is your New York friend's connection with Canada?
Do you plus and minus to determine if the job is real or your friend is trying to con you because soon, you may need to start sending funds to enable you to migrate lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by walexsho(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Take 2months leave at work with plea.
Go to Canada... if Canada is not favourable, return home and continue your work
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by walexsho(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
ednut1:
cheap scam, start work in Canada without getting visa for you first. There is no job in Canada waiting for you. Na yahoo boys you dey chat

Op, you better look into this...
It's the Job offer that comes with work permit that will enable you apply for visa. Do proper background check.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by planetx: 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
What kind of job is it that they need to recruit someone from Nigeria. Hope you have $20k ready because a friend that got this Canadian job offer was asked to pay that amount by the Canadian agents that processed it for her.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by ajl: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Quite surprised you got a job offer from Nigeria. Are you sure the employer know you are based in Nigeria because you claimed your friend in New York applied for you. If the job offer is genuine and you have been honest about all your claims in your CV and during the interview, you have nothing to fear. The only hurdle left is to get a visa, which you would most likely get. Canada bring in a lot of skilled migrants every year. Since it's the job that is the reason of your going to Canada, your must remain employed to keep your temporary residential status until you have a permanent residence status. There are options to apply for permanent residency once you get there and it should be something you should be prepared for even before leaving Nigeria. Go to the website of the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration agency to learn of the requirements so that you have all the documents with you even before stepping out of Nigeria. If you have someone close to your heart that you are 100% sure will be your heartthrob in the future, the moment you get your visa, go tie the nut at the registry, so that you can include her name as your spouse in all the residency application documents.

This advise is coming from someone who lived in Canada for close to a decade and still maintain strong ties with Canada. And finally, Canadians are generally good people that are much better to relate with than Americans. There is some level of racism but not the extreme level of racism in America. Crime level is generally low except in cities like Toronto and Vancouver.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by IMASTEX: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
JayTripz:
Omooooo!!!!

Stay for Naija.. together we can make this country better....All of una wan run leave this country...u de receive 200k plus ....chaiiiii... people way de do thanks giving every Sunday say Dem de collect 30k monthly for killing body job nko? Dem still de happy de pay light bill way no light...Bros nor run leave us...Stay ... small small this country go better

Don't be deceived, Nigeria can never be better at least not before the next 100 years. I know you wished it was you, but don't tell anyone not to move. 300k salary in Nigeria is still poverty. Just ask why politicians secure a future for their families abroad. Why do they only patronize foreign facilities. I.e. healthcare, education, etc. Nigeria is a mistake that can't be fixed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission In Ibadan Is Recruiting / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / How An Office Cleaner Outshined 6 'graduates' Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.