Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? (51272 Views)

Some Of The Worst Sky Scrapper, High-Rise Building Collapses In History(Photos) / Whatsapp Group For Real Estate Agents / Top Lies Told By Real Estate Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Burgerlomo: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2021
RapistOnBail:

You see we Nigerians?

We no like ourselves that much o!

We just Dey fake care and support to our neighbors.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2021
Afriqan:
Well, I have always known that IB is no better when it comes to the same basics that make Lagos undesirable... It's getting more and more expensive, but with less money in circulation.

Na Ogbomosho sure pass now... grin

I agree with you... Especially about money not being in circulation in Ibadan like it is in Lagos. But the landlords and agents always want to use Lagos rent price for their own houses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by emmnprince(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
bolaji777:
Honestly, this is exactly what we are currently discuss here in ISEYIN town Oyo state. The way house fee is rapidly increasing by so called agents is terrible. We want to meet ona of Iseyin as to discuss way forward. Infact we have created WhatsApp group, just to facilitate an end to this immeasurable amount.

Good move.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Generaloluseye: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2021
[quote author=Ijawboy post=107383067]Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Agency fee @ 20% = N140,000
Legal fee @ 10% = N70,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

This strange and wicked attitude started post covid lockdown. In bodija, you will hear rent 300, agency is 160 for one bedroom flat

3 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by sandammy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
OP should try getting such accommodation at Amuloko. Them no go charge you reach that. Oluyole estate area be like living in Lekki. grin
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Nozino: 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
AmuEbule:

Is it possible for me to rent directly to tenants in Benin city? I have 6 flat property out there that will be ready in Jan. Any help?

If you need help, I’m here. If the apartments are in GRA/Airport road axis, I am interested.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by soshegzz(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
If you ever need bulk or random supply of food or accessories to your four legged friend I’m ur plug sir. Deliver swiftly too.

Gracias

M
ActuaRise696969:
Except you really wanna live in that state, I will say find alternative productive places to live in this hologram.

I prefer a simple mansion in a country side wired up with satellite internet and solar arrays. I wanna see the trees waving at me and the dogs protecting me.

Humans are overrated.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Burgerlomo: 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2021
Shellsploit:
Okearo is cheaper...

Besides, that N980,000 don buy and build correct house near canal for okearo. Just dont forget to tie the house to the closest tree cheesy

Tie what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by fkj950ax(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

It may seem high, but the honest truth is service charges can't remain what it has been for 5 or 10 years.
Inflation has killed value of funds
Weak naira has killed purchasing power.
The agents shop in the same market. Send kids to schools in the same society. Access the same healthcare in the area. All of which have hiked cost of doing business also.

If an agent closes 2 deals a month, that's 140k a month using your 10% logic, and he may close 0 deal next 2 months

What you should have done before starting any conversation is to ask what the rates are, if he had mentioned 20%, you have the option of walking away before any waka about.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ISelectMySins: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
GAdmob200002:
They're worse than bad

Look up Google Admob today

It's real and very legit

Earn monthly payouts off ads

Check sig for contact details and more informations

My goodness. Brother, you are making some really cool cash.

*Speaking Spanish*

I would love to do this thing but the ethicality of clicking my ads or someone else's ads in exchange for clicks is a big no-no for me, else, I would have gone for this.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by gazza07(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
Only govt can stop this. Someone should please tag Governor Makinde, buhari is only interested in flying around the world

2 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by SkengRay: 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2021
Welcome to IB cool

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by AmuEbule: 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2021
Nozino:

If you need help, I’m here. If the apartments are in GRA/Airport road axis, I am interested.
Thanks but the property is in Idogbo town. I am looking for corporate renters because I spent so much on the property.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Olusharp(m): 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

Best is to enter the street your self those agents no be here

2 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by moneylords(m): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2021
I have suffered in the hands of ibadan property agents in the past o. Let me give you 3 of my experiences
1. Taken me to a property, after payment and cleaning up the property, got there the third day to fix the electricity and met another tenant already packed in.
2. I got a building on lease for business and after spending time, energy and money in ensuring the place looks fine before i moved in, while repainting the structure one day another man who just relocated from Lagos came with his properties in a lorry. I ended up paying more after the normal payment because we had to involve the landlord to settle the rift and the solution was i had to add more money because the agent did not tell him i was gonna use the place for office beside the fact that he only paid the landlord one quarter of the money i paid him telling him i only paid him deposit, as for the lagos man's money, the landlord did not know about it. I ended up allowing lagos man to live in the BQ until he got part of his money back and find another place.
3. The first house i rented in my life after starting work, i lived in it for 2 months and i was asked to pack out by the lawyer who is the authentic person in charge of the house. The agent who collected money from me did not even inform the lawyer about me, not to talk of paying him. I ended up squatting with a friend before i saved another money to rent another place because i never set my eyes on him again till now, this is now over 20 years ago.
Ibadan agents are nothing but extortioners, exploiters, rogues and most of them are 'never do well'.
The good ones among them are very very few.

7 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
Shellsploit:
Okearo is cheaper...

Besides, that N980,000 don buy and build correct house near canal for okearo. Just dont forget to tie the house to the closest tree cheesy

Hahaha! This guy you be clown.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by GenAbacha(m): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

It may seem high, but the honest truth is service charges can't remain what it has been for 5 or 10 years.
Inflation has killed value of funds
Weak naira has killed purchasing power.
The agents shop in the same market. Send kids to schools in the same society. Access the same healthcare in the area. All of which have hiked cost of doing business also.

If an agent closes 2 deals a month, that's 140k a month using your 10% logic, and he may close 0 deal next 2 months

What you should have done before starting any conversation is to ask what the rates are, if he had mentioned 20%, you have the option of walking away before any waka about.

What is my business if an agent doesn’t close any deal for 2 months?

Am I a charity?

I don’t care about the agents work rate. You cannot over charge people because you will be lazy for the next 2 months.

7 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ipobarecriminals: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
shocked
Ijawboy:

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

2 bedroom flat @700k.Agent 140k shocked in Ibadan sad.Agent dey charge 70k or so in Lagos(depend on location/house sha.) 3 bed in somewhere in Lagos mainland like Egbeda,Agege,etc nah 500/600.While Ajah,,Elemoro,Eputu,imalefalafia,okun Ajah ,sangotedo nah for those who get energy.Ur 500k here can get u self contain maximum

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by emmnprince(m): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2021
moneylords:
I have suffered in the hands of ibadan property agents in the past o. Let me give you 3 of my experiences
1. Taken me to a property, after payment and cleaning up the property, got there the third day to fix the electricity and met another tenant already packed in.
2. I got a building on lease for business and after spending time, energy and money in ensuring the place looks fine before i moved in, while repainting the structure one day another man who just relocated from Lagos came with his properties in a lorry. I ended up paying more after the normal payment because we had to involve the landlord to settle the rift and the solution was i had to add more money because the agent did not tell him i was gonna use the place for office beside the fact that he only paid the landlord one quarter of the money i paid him telling him i only paid him deposit, as for the lagos man's money, the landlord did not know about it. I ended up allowing lagos man to live in the BQ until he got oart of his money back and find another place.
3. The first house i rented in my life after starting work, i lived in it for 2 months and i was asked to pack out by the lawyer who is the authentic person in charge of the house. The agent who collected money from me did not even inform the lawyer about me, not to talk of paying him. I ended up squatting with a friend before i saved another money to rent another place because i never set my eyes on him again till now, this is now over 20 years ago.
Ibadan agents are nothing but extortioners, exploiters, rogues and most of them are 'never do well'.
The good ones among them are very very few.

What an experience!
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by CorperKola: 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2021
I am looking for self con in ring road area too.
Anybody that knows reliable agent
Please link me up.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
teacherbim:
But we do hear that Ibadan houses are cheaper to rent compare to Lagos.

It is still relatively cheaper... It used to be very much cheaper like 10 years ago, but things have really changed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
Gokoyer0:
What kind of house can someone build with 980k naira in Nigeria of today grin?

The type or house you have to use rope to tie. Use your imagination grin
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by toxicbrain: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
ricardovincente:

You want a service but you do not want to pay for it.

Do you think that based on the current economic reality, the fee they charged can cater for their expenses, considering the stress they suffered In securing that space, the number of persons they took there and that declined, and other related expenses?

Alaye, you shall be an estate agent by profession in Jesus name and you will only be paid10% for such transactions and even 5% sef in corresponding sum of other transactions, to be fair on the masses.

Amen!

I no be agent o, but I have realized that the hypocrisy in Nigeria is toxic and thats the reason why we are here today.

Na we be our problem!!!

Mtcheeewwww... people and supporting nonsense

I am sure you are one of them or indirectly benefiting from one.

6 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by fkj950ax(m): 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2021
GenAbacha:

What is my business if an agent doesn’t close any deal for 2 months?
Am I a charity?
I don’t care about the agents work rate. You cannot over charge people because you will be lazy for the next 2 months.

What do you mean over charge?
Did you agree on a fee before starting?

We all assume the agent rate should be 10%. There is no law restricting them to 10%.
When you go to KFC, you don't complain coke is 100 in traffic. You gladly pay 150. Do you harass KFC for overcharges because you are not charity?
As long as you didn't confirm ToE at start, you are going to experience such fees everywhere.

And you say they are lazy for 2 months... if people don't need houses, should they go to random people and ask them to take a house every month with a gun?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by mustaphagreens(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2021
AmuEbule:

Ok. Thanks.

You are welcome
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by NoToPile: 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
To even rent your house as a landlord without agent wahala is a big problem even in LAGOS.

If you put signboard and phone no its agents that will call posing as tenants, if you don't put somehow they will know the apartment is empty and start disturbing the peace of everyone in the compound. Those people have a strong network of connections oo, how they know vacant apartments is what baffles me.

Lots of landlord will like to by pass those agents because of how they do overcharge tenants.

I am surprised at this Ibadan topic because as at 2011, houses were relatively cheap even in Bashorun Bodija side, clean estate oo

4 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by NSK4U(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
That's the reality in Ibadan here. Most of their youths don't engage themselves in good business but extortion in the name of agents. And I wonder if their people that travel to other regions and countries don't tell them about agents in those places.

They are simply too greedy because of laziness to think on their own

2 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Sambai65(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2021
MropeEleniyan00:
Fuuniest things about them.. Its that nearly all of them stay in 1 room with thier family � & those bastards can't rent two rooms & will always wanna exploit anyone that came their way.. Àwo oloshi Bobo
you know them well,98% of lagos house agents stay in one room with their families shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by lereinter(m): 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
Is that how house is expensive at oluyole,is it pertinent you live there

Abeg move to apata area

How can 2 bedroom cost 700k for a year in Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Carlyboi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ibadan is so fvcked up in terms of apartments/accommodation now and house rent coupled with them agency fees is really a thorn in the flesh of prospective tenants!Greedy lots imagine paying over a 1million naira just for a 2bdr apartment in this same Ibadan....so so ridiculous!Total package for rents in high brow areas and nice apartments 2-3 years ago was just between 400-600k for a 2bd apartment based on different variables but now you can only get a studio apartment with that!

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by wumi2017(f): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
Naso one agent tell me say single room for ologuneru side total package na 70k ,, single room fa... very wicked set of people

3 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by xlander(m): 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2021
There's one newly built somewhere between Eleyele and Songo, neighbourhood is kinda rough though. It's on high demand but I think someone is yet to pay. If you want to consider hit me up. You will be dealing with the Landlord. No agent.

Ijawboy:

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Where To Get Wallpapers In Lagos / Mosquito Village: Inside Lagos Slum Where Land Is Allocated At N2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.