Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? (9863 Views)

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman / Thousands Of Muslims Baptize And They Cry For Joy Thereby Speaking In Tongues / Is It Wrong For And Individual Christian To Baptize A Sinner After Be Preached T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by stankezzy: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2021
If u are a true believer , u will know that even if u are still in a particular denomination u can still baptize again, how many times was David that us d greatest king among d Israel anointed, 3times, why was he anointed after d initial one,how many times was Jesus baptize ,not less than 3 times , one he was taken to Jerusalem by his parents for dedication ,secondly he was baptized by John d Baptist , thirdly HOLY GHOST descended on him like a dove,d apostle, after d Jewish dedication to God which is a form of baptism in Judaism , they became Christians and were baptized again , then at uper room they had HOLY GHOST baptism ,even more than 2 times
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Gmajor(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2021
lies.
If an Anglican wishes to become a Catholic, they will not be baptised again
AntiChristian:
Yes, you need another baptism. As a Catholic who married an Anglican man, you need to do another baptism to chop communion!

That your former church na church?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said God hears and answers our hidden and silent prayers to Him - Matthew 6 vs 6.

Sadly, who be Jesus Christ where all these Pastors and Mogs dey? undecided
I don't blame them at all..I blame people who follow them. They behave as if the Bible their pastors have is different from the one they have.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 11:05am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again You are the one here who concluded that the thief on the cross entered into the Kingdom of God when none of what Jesus Christ said to Him indicates that at all. So, I ought to be the one expecting answers from you in this. undecided

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- until after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from?

Read John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Mark 16 vs 17-19, on what Jesus Christ taught on salvation, entering into the Kingdom and the place of baptism by water.. being born of water. undecided

Also, read Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Luke 13 vs 22 - 30, to learn of the existence of two gates into the Kingdom of God. undecided

Are u saying that based on you can tell us d difference between paradise and the kingdom of God despite your claim that paradise and the kingdom of God are two different things?

Can't u state Where is the kingdom of God and where paradise is?

You said Jesus didn't ascend into heaven (kingdom of heaven) after resurrection, where did he ascend to? Any scriptural backing?

Where did u get ur opinion that "Baptism is the door into the Kingdom of God it a must one be baptized before granted entry into the Kingdom of God".
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't blame them at all..I blame people who follow them. They behave as if the Bible their pastors have is different from the one they have.
Na wa o! undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Are u saying that based on you can tell us d difference between paradise and the kingdom of God despite your claim that paradise and the kingdom of God are two different things?

You said Jesus didn't ascend into heaven (kingdom of heaven) after resurrection, where did he ascend to? Any scriptural backing?

Where did u get ur opinion that "Baptism is the door into the Kingdom of God it a must one be baptized before granted entry into the Kingdom of God".
Again You are the one here who concluded that the thief on the cross entered into the Kingdom of God when none of what Jesus Christ said to Him indicates that at all. So, I ought to be the one expecting answers from you in this. undecided

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- until after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from?

Read John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Mark 16 vs 17-19, on what Jesus Christ taught on salvation, entering into the Kingdom and the place of baptism by water.. being born of water. undecided

Also, read Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Luke 13 vs 22 - 30, to learn of the existence of two gates into the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 11:08am On Nov 07, 2021
stankezzy:
If u are a true believer , u will know that even if u are still in a particular denomination u can still baptize again, how many times was David that us d greatest king among d Israel anointed, 3times, why was he anointed after d initial one,how many times was Jesus baptize ,not less than 3 times , one he was taken to Jerusalem by his parents for dedication ,secondly he was baptized by John d Baptist , thirdly HOLY GHOST descended on him like a dove,d apostle, after d Jewish dedication to God which is a form of baptism in Judaism , they became Christians and were baptized again , then at uper room they had HOLY GHOST baptism ,even more than 2 times

Can u kindly state d scriptures that supports ur claim that Jesus baptised 3 times?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 11:11am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who told you the their on the cross entered into the Kingdom of God? undecided

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- only after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from? undecided

Are u saying that based on d above, you cant tell us d difference between paradise and the kingdom of God despite your claim that paradise and the kingdom of God are two different things?

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Are u saying that based on d above, you cant tell us d difference between paradise and the kingdom of God despite your claim that paradise and the kingdom of God are two different things?

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Sambab(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

U haven't answered the questions I asked:

So what is the difference between d kingdom of God and paradise? Where is the kingdom of God and where is paradise?

Since u say Jesus didn't ascend into heaven (kingdom of heaven) after resurrection, where did he ascend to? Any scriptural backing?

You don't need to argue blindly to win an argument, try to argue to learn. He has already answered your questions in the Bible he quoted for you...
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Etizz: 11:20am On Nov 07, 2021
Leverage2021:
You are serving God not man

It appears you are a church goer not a Christian so no advise

Read very well before you reply pls, it's not me, my friend.....thanks
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 11:20am On Nov 07, 2021
Sambab:

You don't need to argue blindly to win an argument, try to argue to learn. He has already answered your questions in the Bible he quoted for you...

Can u point out d argument in d questions below? When did questions become argument? Pls enlighten me. Can also explain how d scriptures quoted answers d following questions:

So what is the difference between d kingdom of God and paradise? Where is the kingdom of God and where is paradise?

Since u say Jesus didn't ascend into heaven (kingdom of heaven) after resurrection, where did he ascend to? Any scriptural backing?

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 11:22am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- only after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from? undecided

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 11:22am On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by FLYFIRE(m): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2021
NO.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by wealthydan(m): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2021
Doing correct water baptism is just once. It's a one time thing. Baptising in the name of Jesus Christ
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by RazorEdge: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2021
Who does your friend believe in? Who does he serve? Man or Christ? There is only one baptism, one body and one Christ! Repeating baptism at the whims of men shows a high level of unbelief and faithlessness. I was told similar thing when I ventured into another church but I stood my ground because yielding to such simply means I don't know my bearing like one tossed by the wind. For a genuine Christian of these days, more yoke is heaped upon you by all these whimsical places of worship. Beware of what you are fed and what you swallow!
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Reference(m): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2021
I suppose it is water baptism being referred to.
Water baptism is essentially a 'church' thing, a church event so I guess to activate the doctrine of a particular denomination it is necessary to be baptised into it or the Word may be of no effect and the hearer may gain no understanding of where God leads through that particular mission.

Baptism of the Spirit on the other Hand is essentially the work of the Lord, the blessing of the gift of His Spirit, a believer essentially needs to communicate with God, to gain understanding of the Word, and to be empowered to walk after God. Without the baptism of the Holy Spirit, a Christian is essentially blind, deaf and in most cases dumb. Not a pleasant experience in this wicked world, believe me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2021
killmods:

Not forced. Pls don't get me wrong it's not necessary to redo that's why I said it's never too much. Asking about Jesus. Do u even know Jesus was without sin as a man? Do u know He was perfect? Baptism I believe should be done properly and out of personal conviction. The open coming here to ask probably doesn't know the meaning. Baptism is an identification with Christ and should be done in spirit and truth not just proper immersion in water. If he feels conviction in his spirit to identify properly now or if he doesn't feel the need to redo it is his choice. Nobody know finish hence I said it's never enough.

How is baptism not too much?

How many times did Jesus baptize?

Why are churches forcing people to baptise again when those people have baptised in other churches?

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 11:45am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by writeprof(m): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2021
There is nothing wrong with it. Let the Holy Spirit convince you if you know His Person. I know a person who did it 3 times in a particular Pentecostal church and he is serving God well.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Yemi7up: 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:

because the pastor insisted that he's not qualified to be a worker, if he goes to church, he only sit among the congregation, he stopped going to that church because he wants to keep playing his drum....he didn't stop going to church completely....I need answer to my question.... thanks
I guess the church is RCCG, they won't allow you join the workers if you don't repeat baptism by immersion in water no matter the church you did it before.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Yemi7up: 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
I guess the church is RCCG, they won't allow you join the workers if you don't repeat baptism by immersion in water no matter the church you did it before.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by godisshit(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Interesting. So this one is here flexing over baptism while in his filthy shít "religion" he can't marry a Shiite without expectation of death! grin

Imagine drinking chloroquine for another person's malaria!

These people are super dumb!

[img]https://images./207LP4azLn50YBYXjgqhl7.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

You mean a baptised Catholic can attend Anglican church and take communion?

You want to hide the truth that is open!
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by mechanics(m): 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
If it was not done properly.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by MrMacinterchi1: 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:
Blessed Sunday to you guys, A friend of mine who has Baptiste before in a different church decided to switch to another church entirely, but the pastor of the new church insisted that he must Baptiste again.

My friend is a worker in church (drummer), he stopped going to church because the pastor refused to pray for him and also refused issue him a certificate as a worker in the church because he did not Baptiste in the church....

My question is, after baptism, do you have to Baptiste again because one have to change church?
The church doesn't know what baptism is. Some churches are not qualify to be called a cchurch.I swear.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by femiscorpo: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
quote author=chiommy123 post=107396895]If he was not rightly baptized then nothing wrong in doing it the right way[/quote]
You are right
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Polynek(m): 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
One Christianity different doctrines rubbish undecided
Sometimes I think Muslims are beta Dan us in some aspects of religion angry
Catholics, Pentecostal, Othordoz, Cherubim and Seraphim, Seventh day Adventist Jehovah witness ETC, They are all Christians with dsame Bible yet they all have different believes and understanding of thesame BIBLE
But look at Muslims all over Nigeria, they preach thesame thing and practice it.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by membranus: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:

because the pastor insisted that he's not qualified to be a worker, if he goes to church, he only sit among the congregation, he stopped going to that church because he wants to keep playing his drum....he didn't stop going to church completely....I need answer to my question.... thanks

A church where a pastor refuses to pray for you just because of baptismal issue, is that a Spirit filled church and pastor?

Once your baptism is by immersion and by true disciples of Christ, you have no need of another baptism.

There are too many churches set up for filthy lucres' sake, shun such, and look for a true Bible believing and Bible-Truth preaching church to attend.

Stop following pastors, no pastor or church doctrines will take you to heaven, it is your own personal relationship with God and true obedience to God's Words that will lead you there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Eserise1(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
No

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by brainhgeek(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
That is why baptism is made to look somehow by churches and Jesus didn't baptize anyone. Infant, He emphasized feet washing more than baptism. Baptism is not one of the criteria for heaven!
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nephilim: 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:
Blessed Sunday to you guys, A friend of mine who has Baptiste before in a different church decided to switch to another church entirely, but the pastor of the new church insisted that he must Baptiste again.

My friend is a worker in church (drummer), he stopped going to church because the pastor refused to pray for him and also refused issue him a certificate as a worker in the church because he did not Baptiste in the church....

My question is, after baptism, do you have to Baptiste again because one have to change church?
if he has a certificate of his baptism at the former church, fine! But if he doesn't have he should go ahead and be baptized in his new church. He can't expect the church to give him certificate when he wasn't immersed in water through them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Really Is The Rapture? / Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? / Watch This Litte Boy Doing REAL Magic With JUJU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.