Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? (9850 Views)

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman / Thousands Of Muslims Baptize And They Cry For Joy Thereby Speaking In Tongues / Is It Wrong For And Individual Christian To Baptize A Sinner After Be Preached T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
cavendishbaba:
1. Instructions for Christians today are either direct commands from God, Apostolic examples or necessary inferences. In this case, Apostolic example is applicable looking at the Acts of the apostles who walked with Christ and followed the teachings of Christ.

2. In Acts 8:38, the Ethiopian eunuch and Philip "went down into the water". Philip could have simply stayed at the bank of the the body of water and sprinkle some on the Eunuch to represent baptism. But he didnt, both of them instead "went down into the water"

Acts 8:39 tells us that "they came out of the water " this further tells us that baptism by apostolic example was by immersion. Read also Colossians 2:12.
1. Jesus Christ, the one whom you claim saved you, said that those who are His followers are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - not what you refer to as apostolic examples. He, Jesus Christ, further went on to say that His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14 - not those who do as His apostles did. undecided

2. The Almighty God who instituted the washing away of sins , a core part of His Old Covenant , as a transition step from the Old to the New, in His New Covenant, declared that He would sprinkle pure water to make His people pure. undecided
24 “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25 Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26 I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27 I will put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28 Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29 Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you. - Ezekiel 36 vs 24 - 29
* Jesus Christ is never recorded to have baptised anyone Himself. undecided

Surely, you don't believe the Acts of the apostles thrumps God's own declaration where His own Law and Will is concerned? undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by martinslaura: 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
thesicilian:
A true man of God will not ask a new comer to baptize again after baptism in a previous church. Unless he thinks it's Satan they worship at the previous church

Very true.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by ddeola: 1:26am On Nov 08, 2021
There is no denomination in heaven.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by kinethic: 4:55am On Nov 08, 2021
Etizz:
Blessed Sunday to you guys, A friend of mine who has Baptiste before in a different church decided to switch to another church entirely, but the pastor of the new church insisted that he must Baptiste again.

My friend is a worker in church (drummer), he stopped going to church because the pastor refused to pray for him and also refused issue him a certificate as a worker in the church because he did not Baptiste in the church....

My question is, after baptism, do you have to Baptiste again because one have to change church?

You don’t change church rather you changed new entertainment outlet.
When one is baptized, not by sprinkling but immersion in the water , he’s already dead and risen with Christ. You don’t need to repeat.
Today many think that where they are going is church. The people are the church, the body of Christ Jesus purchased by his blood.
People call buildings church which is not correct.
Besides all these so called entertainment industries aren’t the church christ is building. The church is very tiny and small they obey the commandments of God not their pastors, reverends and GO’s .
Holy Spirit have left many gatherings because they are doing their own things.
This is why nothing changes about people in developing Christ Jesus nature, character and personality. Rather it’s getting worse because the Holy Spirit isn’t present any longer.
It’s better stay at home and serve God in truth or find a small praying and holiness seeking group to attend . There you will find peace, righteousness, faith , love and the presence of the Holy Spirit of God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 6:01am On Nov 08, 2021
kinethic:

You don’t change church rather you changed new entertainment outlet.
When one is baptized, not by sprinkling but immersion in the water , he’s already dead and risen with Christ. You don’t need to repeat.
Jesus Christ never said immersion was the only way to baptism, neither did John the Baptist. In fact, if you go back to where God Himself decreed baptisms as a sign, He Himself spoke of it, in relation to His New Covenant, as a sprinkling of pure water to wash away all forms of idolatry from the lives of His own - Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27 and we all know that Jesus Christ is the very Word out of God's own mouth and so He would never go against God's own Truth since He is, after all, God’s own Truth. undecided
24 “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25 Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26 I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27 Iwill put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28 Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29 Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you. - Ezekiel 36 vs 24 - 29
So, tell whoever deceived you info believing immersion as the only kind of baptism by water acceptable by God that he or she is nothing but a Liar and a false teacher who nothing of the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by kinethic: 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never said immersion was the only way to baptism, neither did John the Baptist. In fact, if you go back to where God Himself decreed baptisms as a sign, He Himself spoke of it, in relation to His New Covenant, as a sprinkling of pure water to wash away all forms of idolatry from the lives of His own - Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27 and we all know that Jesus Christ is the very Word out of God's own mouth and so He would never go against God's own Truth since He is, after all, God’s own Truth. undecided
So, tell whoever deceived you info believing immersion as the only kind of baptism by water acceptable by God that he or she is nothing but a Liar and a false teacher who nothing of the Truth of God. undecided

Whoever you are please get thee behind me and continue in your path while I continue mine.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by AntiChristian: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
bilulu:

You don't need a second baptism in the case you pointed out, catholic recognize othe orthodox baptism but not those protestants....

Can a baptised Anglican man take communion in a Catholic Parish without a fresh baptism there?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by AntiChristian: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
AllahIsShit:
Interesting. So this one is here flexing over baptism while in his filthy shít "religion" he can't marry a Shiite without expectation of death! grin

Imagine drinking chloroquine for another person's malaria!

These people are super dumb!

[img]https://images./207LP4azLn50YBYXjgqhl7.jpg[/img]

This your moniker is your Baptismal name! Born again devil!
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by AntiChristian: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Gmajor:
lies.
If an Anglican wishes to become a Catholic, they will not be baptised again

So an Anglican can take holy communion at a Catholic Church....?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by godisshit(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you, I just love the moniker. Everytime someone pronounces it, MUDSLIMES lose whatever little intelligence they have. See as the name even pain you sef grin

[img]https://images./BjJmwR8SSLjEYm8nyLODn.gif[/img]

AntiChristian:

This your moniker is your Baptismal name! Born again devil!
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by godisshit(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
Communion is entirely voluntary. The real question that should concern you is, why are Sunnis slaughtering SHITites every day all over the world?

AntiChristian:

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by AntiChristian: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
AllahIsShit:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you, I just love the moniker. Everytime someone pronounces it, MUDSLIMES lose whatever little intelligence they have. See as the name even pain you sef grin

Nothing pains me when a see an abusive Christian like you.

Galatians 3:1 says O Foolish Galatian!
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by godisshit(m): 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I have confused him so much that he has began quoting Biblical passages as if he was a Christian himself! hahhhahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

AntiChristian:

Nothing pains me when a see an abusive Christian like you.

Galatians 3:1 says O Foolish Galatian!
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Gmajor(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
AntiChristian:

No they can't.
But if they wish to become a Catholic, they won't be baptised again
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by bilulu(m): 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
AntiChristian:

Can a baptised Anglican man take communion in a Catholic Parish without a fresh baptism there?
yes, all he need do is see the priest in charge, then they will rectify (can't remember if that's the exact word) his baptism from the other orthodox church, he won't be baptize the second time
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkiee: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
kinethic:
Whoever you are please get thee behind me and continue in your path while I continue mine.
Like I said, tell whoever deceived you info believing immersion as the only kind of baptism by water acceptable by God that he or she is nothing but a Liar and a false teacher who nothing of the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 3:30am On Nov 10, 2021
Blendy77:
1.The only Bible passage you quoted to support sprinkling was in the old testament.
2. Was John the Baptist who heralded the coming of our Lord and Saviour in the old testament?
3. So u sprinkle water on a 3 months old baby and call it baptism, are u accepting Jesus Christ on the baby's behalf or its supposed to be a personal decision by someone who is old enough to do so before baptism? Where in the bible was it mentioned that babies were baptized or why was Jesus Himself not Baptist via sprinkling as an infant? Try read your bible and gain knowledge so no Rev. Father or Pastor can deceive you. All the best
1. The practice of washing away of sins was instituted by God , this as part of His Old Covenant but it was in His messages through His prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel, that God mentioned it as having some relation to His New Covenant to come, hence the reason why I indicated that passage in Ezekiel where He indeed did this. undecided

2. John the Baptist was an Old Testament prophet sent to prepare the way of the Lord and make His path straight. undecided

3. Baptism is meant as a mark indicating an individual's conscious decision to turn away from the Old way to instead be reborn into the New way - Matthew 3 vs 7-11. A baby has no concept of these things and so such baptisms are meaningless. These decisions are meant to be made by those who are fully aware and have spent time counting the cost - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by kinethic: 4:24am On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Like I said, tell whoever deceived you info believing immersion as the only kind of baptism by water acceptable by God that he or she is nothing but a Liar and a false teacher who nothing of the Truth of God. undecided

Yes ..you win get off my back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020 / MFM Power Must Change Hands Programme Message January 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.