Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! (56355 Views)

Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) / Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos / The Beautiful Scorpion I Found In Ogun On My Project Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by iscom(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
We thank God
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by seniormallam(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
Is this what you call big? Have you seen Nasarawa scorpion before?
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Lamanii22(f): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
My fear of new sites sha...
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Okeyc230: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Buhari y
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by omoadeleye(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Should I increase the volume?

Who can somebody sell it to? Abi is just a normal value attached which cannot amount to any real value?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by schoolboymatt(m): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
thank God he didn't.

be on the lookout op, that thing looks dangerous.

I don't want to imagine a human being stung by that thing.
oooach
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Okeyc230: 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Apc y
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by SeriouslySense(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
ok

1 Like

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by farrmer(m): 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
Scorpions Were Around Long Before the First Dinosaurs. ...
They Are Not Insects. ...

They Dance Before Mating. ...

They Give Birth to Live Young. ...

Some Baby Scorpions Stay With Their Mom for 2 Years. ...
They Glow In UV Light. ...

Some Scorpions Can Go a Year Without Food.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Caboceer: 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wawelexy:
Deadly creature, but they don't attack without sensing any threat towards them.

If you step on that thing in the dark you're gone
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by udemzyudex(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wawelexy:

Dem don come again, abeg gettat jare.

2 Likes

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
Elock1:
angry
OP you no Wan become scorpion king?

Naija grin

Una get problem.

All of Una.

One way or another
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
Raydos:

Wtf? shocked

Is this for real?

Your mind is probably calculating, with regret, how many scorpions you’ve squished in your life! smiley

7 Likes

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Hotzone(m): 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Baba just wasted syrup

1 Like

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by treatise: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Raydos:
This morning while preparing for church, I almost got stung by this deadly Scorpion

We just moved to a new site and have been having problems with dangerous animals all months! sad sad

Very rich in protein.
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Geenosko: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Raydos 1 village people 0
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by frozen70(f): 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Raydos:
This morning while preparing for church, I almost got stung by this deadly Scorpion

We just moved to a new site and have been having problems with dangerous animals all months! sad sad

Pls get a snipper and keep for those reptiles they are common in new sites
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by BBBmall25: 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:
HMMM
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by ToyBoyAaron(m): 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Mission impossible

3 Likes

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Shalommy(f): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
I have never seen a life scorpion before... Op..which state are u?.. Maybe sambisa... Abi?
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by jericco1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Na this scorpion dem use act Mummy Returns..

Thank God you're safe

1 Like

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, true!
But, each venom droplet costs about $130, which is around #70,000 I believe. At least, person fit use the 70k take hold body lol
and when them go remember you, Bros that devil wey advise you to get Scorpio farm go run live you...

3 Likes

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

You will need to have a Scorpion farm to get a gallon which is about 4liters...

Congrats in advance

The scorpion liquid are so minute in quantity

You'll not only need a scorpion farm, You'll need well trained personnel to drain the scorpion liquid without causing harm to the creature.

It's a mega biz with so much funding, not for the faint hearted

Verdict, Steer clear!!!

3 Likes

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
ToyBoyAaron:

Mission impossible

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by GABRIEL6036: 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
Thank God for your life because that creature is fucking deadly man.
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by jonadaft: 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:
And it'll take you about 10 years and 50million scorpions to gather a gallon.
Good luck trying...

1 Like

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by SeriouslySense(m): 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
5. Conclusions
The large diversity of scorpion venom components has fueled a wide range of studies on these molecules, from toxicology to antivenom development and therapeutic applications. In particular, therapeutic applications of scorpion venom compounds have attracted a lot of attention due to the urgent need for either finding or improving treatments against a broad spectrum of diseases. The emergence and spread of superbugs (AMR microorganisms) represent an increasingly serious threat to global public health, which is projected to get much worse in the years ahead. Therefore, the exploration of the utility of novel bioactive molecules, scaffolds, and mechanisms of action represents a potentially powerful approach to develop new antimicrobial therapeutics and diagnostic tools for current and future diseases. Dozens of scorpion-derived bioactive molecules have been shown to possess promising pharmacological properties, of which around 100 have been mentioned in this review. These pharmacological properties of scorpion-derived bioactive molecules include antimicrobial, immunosuppressive, bradykinin-potentiating, analgesic, and anticancer effects among others. In addition to chlorotoxin, which has already entered clinical trials, the CPP-Ts peptide (which is a potential intranuclear delivery tool for targeting cancer cells) is likely to be a molecule receiving significant scientific interest in the future. However, before venom-derived biotherapeutics can be introduced to the market, a number of technological issues must be overcome, including obtaining access to material (venoms and toxins), characterizing isolated venom components, establishing manufacturing approaches for novel compounds, and reducing the potential propensity to cause adverse effects, especially for long-term therapy. Nevertheless, the scientific literature reviewed here shows several examples of promising scorpion venom-derived proteins and peptides that may be used as leads for the development of new biotherapeutics. Thus, if the data observed in vitro and in preclinical models translates well to the clinical setting, there may indeed be great promise in exploiting the benefits of scorpion toxins.

Scorpion Venom: Detriments and Benefits
Shirin Ahmadi,1,2,* Julius M. Knerr,1 Lídia Argemi,1 Karla C. F. Bordon,3 Manuela B. Pucca,1,4 Felipe A. Cerni,1,3 Eliane C. Arantes,3 Figen Çalışkan,2,5 and Andreas H. Laustsen1,*

1 Like

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by phr0nesis(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
The bigger the better. The smaller ones are more venomous than the larger ones
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by AyelalaOo(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wawelexy:
big lie, they attack and stings without sensing any danger, just like soldier ants does without remorse.

9 Likes

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by lexy2014: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, true!
But, each venom droplet costs about $130, which is around #70,000 I believe. At least, person fit use the 70k take hold body lol

Na so
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by ignis: 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Thank God for your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) / Jos Zoo: Escaped Chimpanzee Returned To Its Cage Safe, How It Happened / Man Invents Rocket-Like Vehicle At Oke-Ado, Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.