Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:49 PM

Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church (17226 Views)

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by areaboyjoe: 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Vulcanheph:
That is bullshit... It is not a must, Don't let pastors guilt trip into joining bany department.
Let it be out of your own free will and make sure that even if you join , the church activities don't affect your personal and professional life.
The reason why I'm saying this is that the church will most likely not pay you for any services you give because according to them, "you're doing it for God".

So whether you wanna join or not is definitely up to you.

No personal life outside GOD(without HIM we are nothing).And services to GOD is nothing like free will.It is a duty you own GOD your creator.Book of Revelation 4:11 Said - For thou has created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created.We are created to serve GOD
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by one4GOD(f): 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
It is not a Must to join a work group but it is Good to work for GOD. It pays to Serve GOD.

What is Most Important is that you don't substitute your work for GOD with your Walk with GOD.

Your Walk with GOD ( your Relationship with GOD) is more Important than your Work for GOD.

If your Work in the Church is affecting your Walk with GOD, you better pull out from that.
in other words, knowing Him is more important than serving Him- T.D. Jakes

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by lexy2014: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dasgoro:

Are you a Christian, or you just want us to go into endless arguments, that will not build anyone's faith.

Let me paint a simple picture...

If your father says all his children are to clean the house, and you decided not to participate... Are you not by so doing saying you are not the child of your father...

Or you want me to be politically correct by graying up the truth

U haven't answered d question. How did u arrive at this:

People who do not work, or plan to work as part of the structure of Christ body, are excluding themselves from God...

Any scriptural backing?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Dasgoro: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
It is not a Must to join a work group but it is Good to work for GOD. It pays to Serve GOD.

What is Most Important is that you don't substitute your work for GOD with your Walk with GOD.

Your Walk with GOD ( your Relationship with GOD) is more Important than your Work for GOD.

If your Work in the Church is affecting your Walk with GOD, you better pull out from that.

Your gospel is not very clear...

Working for and with God must be simultaneous...

The one should not suffer for the other...

The issue is that, people give themselves supposedly work that they think is for God, like Saul. .. Because if you truly work with God, it means you are doing a work, which is for God.

No matter where you are as a Christian, it is a must to work for God, and with Him... But He will not force you.

So the answer is still YES

IT IS A MUST TO WORK FOR GOD OR IN CHURCH WHETHER THE MINISTRY IS GENTLE OR JEWISH.

JESUS IS OUR LORD.... THINK ABOUT THAT
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Bluntemperor: 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes,I do look down on people who don't belong to any department in the church.For God's sake religion is an act of practice, put your worship into action by participating actively in church activities and not just a church goer.

God bless you bro!
There is nothing like I'm free to do as I like because 'Jesus was teaching even his disciples to do and observe these things'
How can you teach others what you don't practice?
If one head of State tells you to stay in the sun or rain for 24 hours to receive palliatives you are yet to see,some people will obey and if God gives us such command we will dissobey! How faithful are we in the House of God,our maker!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by socialmediaman: 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes,I do look down on people who don't belong to any department in the church.For God's sake religion is an act of practice, put your worship into action by participating actively in church activities and not just a church goer.

It’s for their own benefit. It’s not mandatory, but it helps with socializing and sometimes leads to lasting friendships. That’s what many people gain without knowing, though many other people are intentional about it. Socializing in every group one finds themselves is important be it the workplace, school, church etc.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by oshorstan(f): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
If you visit your father's house and you met grass, will you clear it? If you don't, you're a bastard.

That's my narrative about working for God.
That's all
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Dasgoro: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

U haven't answered d question. How did u arrive at this:

People who do not work, or plan to work as part of the structure of Christ body, are excluding themselves from God...

Any scriptural backing?

Jonah

The prodigal Son

Peter went back fishing

They all excluded themselves from the benefits of working for God
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Ccss: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
No
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Kwinity(f): 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
Omo it has happened to me before o. I go to work from monday to saturday..full time and this pastor nigga will be so upset with me cos am always absent on their weekly activities. It was getting too much so i had to leave the church.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
All na choice oo..no be by force to join anything..
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by West2019(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
is that garrante you to make heaven

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Sebgajere(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
When u don't go to Church, problem. When u go n don't join department, problem. What is it wit dis country sev?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Imustnottalk: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
Gospel2Day:

Is it a must to join a department in your workplace?
When it comes to religion, you people want to do the minimum, but if it's about money now, you will beg to join any available 'department' àbí?
Not wanting to be committed in a department is a sure sign that you aren't a seriously committed Christian.
Check your salvation. Whenever people get truly and thoroughly saved, serving in even more than one department becomes what they jump at without being coerced or forced.
Shalom.
oga money is everything even your so called pastors won't respect person if you don't have money .so
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by yoursidenigga(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:

You're not bright... You look down on them? Deputy Jesus. Many Nigerian Christians disgust me.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by eventainment(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Follow the instructions of the Bible not that center. Our task is to go ye into the world and preach the gospel. what being a staff in church gives you is the opportunity to preach the gospel through that unit cause it's the collective effort of all the units that makes up the gospel being preached in each service. But if you are preaching the gospel outside the church yourself then you are good to go but if you know you will be lazy to this task. Join unit in church to fulfil this great task

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by ElasticStone(m): 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
Lol.

Most pastors twist the idea of joining a department to connote true membership or “service to God” but the real thing is they want free slaves that will do their biddings without questioning. This includes sheepishly doing “evangelism” to increase their church members, free labor…they just need a pool of people they can control.

A true church with the fire of God will never emphasize on things like membership and the likes. The power of God will be evident and willing hands will present them selves from north south east and west. I think most pastors should learn from Joshua Selman.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by lexy2014: 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dasgoro:

Jonah

The prodigal Son

Peter went back fishing

They all excluded themselves from the benefits of working for God

So what was d work Jonah was doing for God? What were d benefits he was getting by doing d work?

What was d work the prodigal son was doing for his father? What were d benefits he was deriving?

At what point did Peter go back to fishing? What work was he supposed to be doing after Jesus was crucified? What was d benefit he was deriving "working for God" before Jesus was crucified?
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by delpee(f): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
It's not compulsory but advisable. It's good to render service one way or the other. You're serving the Lord. It doesn't have to be formalised like being an usher, chorister, evangelist etc. Counselling, charity work, welfare services, praying for others etc are also ways of serving the Lord. What you do to others, you have done unto the Lord.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Not at all. Is not a must. Gods work is not by force, you do it willingly.

https://www.thereviewland.com
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by ICEWIN: 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
you value church activities than religion, you are the real church goer
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by viktohmarkz(m): 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Just be faithful in your tithes, that's all that matters to the pastor in this Buhari era, joing group isn't so important cos if you don't join another person will, but if you don't pay your tithes, the monthly target reduces and the pastor might loose his job.

This I have seen.

So how person were no get work wan take pay tithes

Omo....i didnt know it was My job to keep someone else's job when i dont have a job that pays

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by viktohmarkz(m): 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
ElasticStone:
Lol.

Most pastors twist the idea of joining a department to connote true membership or “service to God” but the real thing is they want free slaves that will do their biddings without questioning. This includes sheepishly doing “evangelism” to increase their church members, free labor…they just need a pool of people they can control.

A true church with the fire of God will never emphasize on things like membership and the likes. The power of God will be evident and willing hands will present them selves from north south east and west. I think most pastors should learn from Joshua Selman.

Baba thank you jhoor,

Some persons have left the church of God to hold unto The business places of pastors.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by FullBlastLight: 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
ikechukz:
People like us wey no dey go church at all nko grin grin

U'd better be going 2 Church so ur life can hv direction!
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by chaloskyx: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
YEA YOU CAN JOIN THE ACCOUNTS DEPART MENT THOSE IN CHARGE OF COUNTING OFFERING AND TITHE THAT WAY YOU CAN POCKET SOME OF THE CASH YOU PASTORS FEED ON
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by staga: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Some people get to look down at you if you aren't in a Department in the church or do stand a chance of loosing out of God's blessings.

I feel it's your personal relationship with God.

Not compulsory. My wife and I organize outreaches where we get local pastors to preach. Then we share food items. That is my calling.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by staga: 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
chaloskyx:
YEA YOU CAN JOIN THE ACCOUNTS DEPART MENT THOSE IN CHARGE OF COUNTING OFFERING AND TITHE THAT WAY YOU CAN POCKET SOME OF THE CASH YOU PASTORS FEED ON

Then when you die in your sin, what becomes of you? Son of Belial. Better repent. Money cannot buy you a place in heaven.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Nero2424: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:

Why would you even look down at anyone at the first place if you said religion is an act of practice? Are you sure you are even practicing that religion by doing so?

Some people are very busy to be a part of any church department, some of this people are single parents that get their kids ready for school and drop them of in the morning at school and on their way back pick them up and try help this kids do home work before fixing them Lunch/dinner.

There are a lot of people out there who are not part of any department and yet does more in the eyes of God, most of you in church departments just want to be seen as saints or impress pastors. You are no better than devil himself.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Godfather052(m): 6:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Some people get to look down at you if you aren't in a Department in the church or do stand a chance of loosing out of God's blessings.

The question should be must u belong to any church
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by octaflav: 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

If you really belong to a family of God - the Church. There are structures established for your growth and development. Department is just one of them. The Bible says the body makes increase by that which every joint supplies. Belonging to a department and functioning there is a service. When you go to service, you go there to serve. So, being active In a service unit in your local assembly accelerates your Christian growth. It makes you relevant in God's plan and purpose God bless you.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by igbowoman: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Free job
It is a way of deceiving people to giving free labour for their church enterprise.
You waste the time you would have used to work on your dreams to work on theirs.
You buy the land for them,build it for them,maintain it for them,run the business for them build then schools and hospitals
They reap their rewards and proceeds here on earth and tell you to look to heaven for yours.
They call itvworking in the kingdom.
You work on the kingdom and theu are chopping in the kingdom.
Scam

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Polynek(m): 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
The OP even know the right answer to Dix thread cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / Kenneth Copeland Defends Pastors Owning Private Jets (VIDEO) / Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.