Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? (20723 Views)

Borrow Without Shame. Top 10 Loan Apps In Nigeria That Will Never Embarrass You / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Husband Joins Wife To Sell Akara In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mylordmygod1: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Davash222(m): 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
. As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?
Shame no dey feed anybody.

No one will agree to help you complete the funds for the POS business. Humans are naturally programmed that way. Don't send them. Start your hustle and enlarge your coast.

Bless up.

434 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
There's no shame in doing anything that pays your bills, there's dignity in labour. Do it and ask God to bless it for you but make sure you leave that business as early as possible. Please find out the risk and health challenges faced by people in such business. Good luck

177 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mylordmygod1: 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
There's no shame in doing anything that pays your bills, there's dignity in labour. Do it and ask God to bless it for you but make sure you leave that business early as early as possible. Please find out the risk and health challenges faced by people in such business. Good luck
thanks very much

27 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by docdes: 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
grin grin grin

Is this supposed to be a question. My mentor taught me that...

"NOTHING SHOULD BRING SHAME IF IT IS NO SIN BEFORE GOD."

160 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Righteousness2(m): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you Diligently do your akamu and akara business and Involve GOD in your Doings, you will do better than many of those that wear suit and tie.

211 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by chicoMX(m): 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you've don your research and you're confident that the akara and akamu business would yield profits; then go for it.

OT: person wey dey hustle to feed himself no suppose dey shame (especially when he has a plan for his life).

Rather person wey dey beg to survive na him suppose dey shame (even if it is temporarily), cos the moment e become shameless while e dey beg; na there e turn to verified beggar.

25 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by WibusJaga: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2021

If you can dare the "shame" and venture into the business & it eventually booms, you would be shocked how many men both old & young will rush into the same so called shameful business. cheesy

30 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by chicoMX(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Righteousness2:
If you Diligently do your akamu and akara business and Involve GOD in your Doings, you will do better than many of those that wear suit and tie.

I like the fact you used the word "diligently" here. Some Christians go into businesses without doing their home work well.

My cousin once shared a side hustle she had in mind with me. Basically, I was asking the questions and she was replying with answers.

4 out of my 5 questions got "I go just pray to God make so and so happen" as reply.

I said to her, "sister you dey pray too much. If this money dey disturb you for account carry am chop'

31 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Davash222:

No one will agree to help you complete the funds for the POS business. Humans are naturally programmed that way. Don't send them. Start your hustle and enlarge your coast.

Bless up.
Junkie so you have sense too

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mylordmygod1: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
Davash222:

Bless up.
thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mylordmygod1: 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
docdes:
grin grin grin

Is this supposed to be a question. My mentor taught me that...

"NOTHING SHOULD BRING SHAME IF IT IS NO SIN BEFORE GOD."
to doing it in my own town is making me to feel that way.. Thanks
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mylordmygod1: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
Righteousness2:
AMEN O.. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by thorpido(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame no dey Nigeria again.Whatever your hand finds to do(legit)do it.
Just do your little research about the business.Find a good location.

14 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mylordmygod1: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
thorpido:
Shame no dey Nigeria again.Whatever your hand finds to do(legit)do it.
Just do your little research about the business.Find a good location.
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by thorpido(m): 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends are not ok with it too.
Work no dey o.You can move a bit far from your area to do it.

16 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by nosiebaba(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
Of co a man should be able to earn a honest living without shame.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by slawormiir: 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar
No shame in huzzling

Go steal ten naira maggi for market make them beat you

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by hollah123: 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
At a point in life u will have to realise that whatever puts food on your table without u having to beg anybody is your hustle.

So do it diligently without shame n b proud of it,those people that will laugh u cos of your hustle will never give u 5 naira if u go broke

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Harddiskng(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
@Op no shame for anything, whatever your hands finds to do, do it.

I know a small puff-puff road side that is run by males and they are very doing well.

Let this be your mantra:

Proverbs 14:23: There is profit in all labor, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by femi4: 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?
Why not, if not....you can do it in an executive manner. Life is all about packaging

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Ayo081(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Omo anything that pay bills except you care about career titles.

Spag, chips and chicken business near universities nko?

6 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by moscobabs(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ignorance and pride will not kill Africa

5 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by MRDEE01: 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
yes
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by arthurwillia(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Lol see people in thermos 40’s selling rat poison
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by x123xlolls(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Why not?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
lipsrsealed
Nothing to be ashamed of bro...... Sometimes when I tell people I work in a bakery,they hardly believe....Many people think I'll be doing better in life by now considering how we all started academically..But life ain't always a bed of roses...My momma told me that..

So long say e go put food for your table,no let shame deprive you of am undecided

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by floss(m): 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
Yes as long as his potential customers will be coming from ASO Villa every morning to patronize the biz....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by taiwofawole: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
Business is business as long as the return is good .. talking about business , check my signature for some tips

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Pinkyposh(f): 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you want to succeed, put away shame and age. You are working for yourself at the same time developing yourself. It's going to be difficult starting but it will surely pay off... "Never despise the days of little beginning.
May God see you through

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Peace081: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
grin
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by flexlatifa: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
My brother hustle no go look wetin person go tell u.

If u make am those people wey laugh na them go still gum u.

Nigeria hard no be lie.

Yesterday na so full grown adults they fight because of#100.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Six Silly Mistakes Business Owners Do / Dangote: Nigeria Will Start Exporting Rice Soon / PHCN: Consumers To Pay More As New Owners Move To Recover Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.