Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

21 Storey Building--facts Emerging. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 21 Storey Building--facts Emerging. (288 Views)

Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

21 Storey Building--facts Emerging. by kollysnut(m): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
I was being attacked for speaking up online about the FOURSCORE HOMES COLLAPSE tragedy that happened in Ikoyi yesterday by naming and shaming the prime developer and owner
Femi “Fourscore” Osibona.

Nigerian style I wasn’t the right person to expose the name of the developer. We are family friends.

We grew up in the same neighborhood, his siblings are my friends, I attended parties at their family home as a kid, he was a neighborhood “role model” as we were growing up, his best friend is one of my big Egbons in Lagos.

I was expected to keep quiet.
But i worry. I worry because we have become a society that keeps quiet when crimes are perpetuated by those within our circles.

I have always been a hustler NOT a General contractor. I do my own shit. I do not seek favors from nobody, neither have I in the past, so I legitimately is free to say whatever I think is right.

Fourscore cut corners.

He got an approval for 15 floors. In July 2020, Lagos State Government sealed off the property based on the report of use of substandard building materials by the structural engineer who pulled out.

Yet he did underhand deals and got it unsealed and added 6 floors on top making it 21floors!

In every single development he has done, in the UK and South Africa, he always added floors to the approvals!

I am in possesion of court papers on every single property he did in England (Hackney, Peckham and Bath Road). He always unscrupulously added floors against local regulations and approval. This is not an incident in isolation!

360 degrees, Ikoyi is his biggest development yet. And he added 6 floors.

On a second note, People are dead and cries are still being heard as at this morning underneath the rubble of that collapse .

I used to publish ISLAND DIARY MAGAZINE (2011-14), that gives legitimacy to my cry.

Infact there are many things that should be said about this tragedy and the developer, but we will leave it out in the interest of National Peace and Stability.

People like Dele Momodu, custodians of media in Nigeria who should naturally speak up in matters like this are keeping quiet. Why?

Was it not the same Femi Fourscore that gifted Dele Momodu the Penthouse he now lives in Shalom Apartments on 2-4 Mosley Road, Ikoyi?
Wheels of corruption!

We should all try to really advocate to make changes in the rubbish going on in the country. When people ask me if I will run for office, I tell them NO! I don’t want the office but I know those who shouldn’t be there!

My life mission is in seeing real people who truly can make changes to making Nigeria work.

When young people aggregate and hid in their online caves and secretly think waiting for their turn to “chop” or seek favors from their friends that are “chopping”, then we have a problem.

A Nigeria that works is in the interest of everyone. There is no business you do that will work, if Nigeria doesn’t work.

©Yinka “Nature” Oluwakuse

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/azeez-ibrahim-oluwafemi-r-engr-7429527b_i-was-being-attacked-for-speaking-up-online-activity-6861600653618233344-PyQw

(1) (Reply)

I Have Only One Wife, Why Must I Still Write A Will? / City View Estate Along Lekki-epe Expressway / ₦195M: 5 Bedrooms Detached Home For Sale In Lekki(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.