Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Repentance Is Not... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Repentance Is Not... (136 Views)

When Repentance Is Rendered Invalid / Kanye West's Repentance Is Fake. Check This Out / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Repentance Is Not... by topshore(f): 10:03am On Nov 09, 2021
Scripture Text: Mathew 4: 17

Brethren, there are lot of misconceptions about repentance and it's important to know what true repentance is and what's not.

Repentance is Not...
1. Going to church or church membership
2. Belonging to a group, house fellowship, a worker or title in the church.
3. Water baptism
4. Mere saying sorry without changing the behaviour that led to the sorry.
5. Paying of tithes, offerings, charity and giving alone.
6. Good works alone without forsaking your sins.
7. Guilt or mere feeling of guilt without step taken.

So, the question is what is repentance?

True Repentance is...
1. Confession of ALL our sins, opening every closet and sweep every corner of our filthy lives, complete honesty and coming clean without any secret sin left behind.
2. Feeling the impact of your sin on others and godly emotions that will propel you to ask for forgiveness from those you've offended with brokeness.
3. Mingling with matured Christians that will only speak the blunt truth, accept their responsibilities, realise and turn away instantly from any of their sins. This godly company will help you grow.
4. Being filled with the Holy Spirit and putting yourself in restriction or self control from sins by the help of the Holy Spirit in you.
5. Appreciating the privilege of the second chance God Has given you to repent and never joke with it.
6. Complete reformation, renewal and transformation of your mind and soul in Christ through the Spirit of God. Romans 12:1-2
7. Having godly sorrow when you sin which is also the prerequisite to salvation.
8. New life in Christ.

True repentance makes us alive in Christ. It gives us access to the Father as heirs to His Throne. Also, we will have the opportunity to reign with Christ in God's Kingdom forever and ever.

"Repentance today! For tomorrow may be too late".

If you would like to give your life to Christ, say this short prayer:
" Lord Jesus, I come to You today, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world, in Your name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Great Prayer Request Form / The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 17. / Interpretation Of Dream Of When You Are Given Flower At Your Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.