Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (621385 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Cyberknight: 11:08am On Apr 08, 2013
NeoTesla:

I believe the inverter is actually 'charging' but with an insignificant current. The reasons are:
1. Your generator is too small. It is well below the inverter's rating
2. Having the other loads connected means that even far less power is available for the inverter.

You should get a bigger generator. As has been stated, the rating on the body of the generator is not necessarily the same as the actual power rating of the generator (deception/advertisement things).
If you get a generator that is exactly the same power rating as the inverter, then the charging time should be approximately equal to the full load discharge time for the inverter if NO OTHER LOAD is connected to the generator.

Since your current generator (0.45 or 0.65KVA, I'm not really sure) is sufficient for your other loads, and you want a generator that carries both your other loads and charges the inverter in about the time it takes for the inverter to discharge at full load, then that generator's power rating should be at least (0.45 or 0.65) + 0.8 = 1.25 or 1.45KVA.
My advice, go for a 1.5KVA generator.

Thanks, mate. I think I shall have to do that. Anyone got any idea as to how long these tihngs can last anyway? Somehow I get the feeling that they're not as stable as other electrical appliances like TVs, etc, and are more in the class of stabilizers and UPS...

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by thedareafolabi: 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
please anyone ever try sukam inverter? if non.. please advice me ooo.. i am going the inverter way and i dont wanna make mistakes...
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bosbos: 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hi, i need help on choice.
Inverter - 3-3.5KVA
1. Cyberpower
2. Sukam
3. Luminious

Batteries
1. Bluegate
2. Simba
3. Zenith

Pls in what order of preference wld you recommend

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 12:26am On Apr 11, 2013
@bosbos go for sukam 3.5kva and zenith. they are very good frm exprience as an installer except fundwise, this is my choice always. not that others are not good o

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by pdozie: 8:19am On Apr 12, 2013
idsolar: @bosbos go for sukam 3.5kva and zenith. they are very good frm exprience as an installer except fundwise, this is my choice always. not that others are not good o

Supported

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bosbos: 10:35am On Apr 13, 2013
Where can I buy zenith batteries?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dave07(m): 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nice Thread indeed, informative and accurate too,wondered why this is not conspicuous enough on the landing pages cos this, the career thread and travel section seems to be where I have seen matured and balanced moderating and comments.
my little piece is that if we are going to get inverters rapidly deployed, there is a very urgent need not to be carried away by the popular brands and their Pricing, the xantrex, sma, sukam in our own case.
for instance, I have been using a 1000W inverter (without charger) for more than 3 years to power my basic household appliances, TV set, Dstv/strong decoder, fans and of course lighting.
There are smart chargers that will run well even on a small generator to charge batteries. I use one of this presently with two (2no) 160W 12v solar modules on the roof of my rented apartment (definitely would be going fully on solar on my own proprty).
The point Iam trying to make is that with as little N35K one can still get a good inverter with Smart chargers capable of giving at Least 30A of charging current and these chargers can also run well on small generators (i better pass).

Another grey area for most of us in Nigeria is in load management, By the time the power sector is fully privatized all the waste prevalent in Electricity use today will be thoroughly paid for. it beats my imagination to still see a lot of energy wasting incandescent lighting where people could have opted for energy saving bulbs or BETTER STILL DC led bulbs which are even far better than the numerous so called AC energy savers abounding the Nigerian market sphere.
Last year I replaced 20no 0f a clients 18W ac energy saver with 20 no 4W dc bulbs, thereby reducing the power consumed by lighting from 360W to 80W, the 280W saved was then channeled to other household item. Moreover the load of the lighting didn't have to go through the inverter hence reducing the inversion loss in the system.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
About how much do the 160V 12W solar panel and smart charger sell for? How much can one get the 4W DC led bulbs?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dave07(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
dsunmade: About how much do the 160V 12W solar panel and smart charger sell for? How much can one get the 4W DC led bulbs?
160W 12V you mean? I got mine from Vitus more than 2 yrs ago for 35K/module (even before I saw Vitus contact on this page, only to discover it's the same guy I have been dealing with at Alaba.
I import the dc bulb directly from the supplier and it's almost 2K/one but is guaranteed for 50,000 hrs, hence it pays for itself overtime. I have been using these for over a year now and no issues so far
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 11:04am On Apr 15, 2013
bros that dc bulb good but its expensive, anyways drop your contact if its negotiable
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by pdozie: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
bosbos: Where can I buy zenith batteries?

You can call mr henry 08025810677 in Lagos directly. he's the sole distributor of zenith batteries.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by alstacs(m): 2:25am On Apr 17, 2013
Hello friends, pls what does pure sine wave thing mean abd how it different from the other one?
I visited a cyberpower outlet and I discovered they have two types of inverters for the same power ratings. One is cheaper and the other is more expensive.
The nex question is- if I have a 3.5kva inverter with four 200mA batteries and I'm interested in getting solar charging option to it, what do I need to get in terms of cost.
@Ethnan- thanks for answering my questions all the time. I'm yet to acquire my inverter yet oh.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by pdozie: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2013
alstacs: Hello friends, pls what does pure sine wave thing mean abd how it different from the other one?
I visited a cyberpower outlet and I discovered they have two types of inverters for the same power ratings. One is cheaper and the other is more expensive.
The nex question is- if I have a 3.5kva inverter with four 200mA batteries and I'm interested in getting solar charging option to it, what do I need to get in terms of cost.
@Ethnan- thanks for answering my questions all the time. I'm yet to acquire my inverter yet oh.

I suggest you go through this thread on solar: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta
I followed the thread and today I have solar panels also charging my battery bank. take time and go through. You will get all the info and calculations. More so, you can post your questions there.
Cheers
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dave07(m): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
pdozie:

I suggest you go through this thread on solar: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta
I followed the thread and today I have solar panels also charging my battery bank. take time and go through. You will get all the info and calculations. More so, you can post your questions there.
Cheers
just do as Pdozie noted and pls take note the battery is 200AH not mA. Pure sine wave means you get an output similar in quality to what you get from PHCN and can run virtually all your electrical/electronics gadget. yes it is more expensive than the modified sine wave inverter. many modified sine waves are similarly running quite a great deal of appliances these days due to new technologies being deployed in the manufacturing processes
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dozymars(m): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2013
To get more information about inverter and their prices.

VISIT. WWW.INVERTERNIGERIA.COM
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bodeface: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

Lets discuss battery the heart of the inverters, many sub-standard products are flooding the market lets share experience to safe ourselves of the hard earned cash we loose daily to these low quality batteries.

Visit and contribute to discussion

https://www.nairaland.com/1263289/best-inverter-deep-cycle-battery
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by alstacs(m): 2:38am On Apr 20, 2013
pdozie:

Cheers

Thanks for the answers. You guys are great. I'll check up the thread.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ainabose: 9:21am On May 16, 2013
KEVIN Inverters now in Stock.
850VA/12V
1.4KV/24V
2.5KVA/48V
3.5KVA/48V
5KVA/48V
5KVA/96v
7.5KVA/120V
10KvA/180v
Deep Cycle Battery
200AH/12V Battery.
Contact. Yakubu 08062346822,07084521707
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kayoday(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2013
Can someone please help with contact to get the separate unit charger for charging batteries. What capacity of charger will be required for 2 or 4 200AH batteries?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 3:31pm On May 24, 2013
kayoday: Can someone please help with contact to get the separate unit charger for charging batteries. What capacity of charger will be required for 2 or 4 200AH batteries?

call funtop energy 08033681445
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by saleskara: 2:24pm On May 26, 2013
Inverters work well when PHCN fails you. Though you would require to charge you battery with electricity supply or a generator or solar panels http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/ when they run down. for more on inverters and pricing that we have to offer http://www.kara.com.ng/inverter-system/
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by saleskara: 6:39pm On May 26, 2013
Inverters work well when PHCN fails you. Though you would require to charge you battery with electricity supply or a generator or solar panels

http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/ when they run down. for more on inverters and pricing that we have to offer http://www.kara.com.ng/inverter-system/
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by pdozie: 3:25pm On May 28, 2013
dave07: Nice Thread indeed, informative and accurate too,wondered why this is not conspicuous enough on the landing pages cos this, the career thread and travel section seems to be where I have seen matured and balanced moderating and comments.
my little piece is that if we are going to get inverters rapidly deployed, there is a very urgent need not to be carried away by the popular brands and their Pricing, the xantrex, sma, sukam in our own case.
for instance, I have been using a 1000W inverter (without charger) for more than 3 years to power my basic household appliances, TV set, Dstv/strong decoder, fans and of course lighting.
There are smart chargers that will run well even on a small generator to charge batteries. I use one of this presently with two (2no) 160W 12v solar modules on the roof of my rented apartment (definitely would be going fully on solar on my own proprty).
The point Iam trying to make is that with as little N35K one can still get a good inverter with Smart chargers capable of giving at Least 30A of charging current and these chargers can also run well on small generators (i better pass).

Another grey area for most of us in Nigeria is in load management, By the time the power sector is fully privatized all the waste prevalent in Electricity use today will be thoroughly paid for. it beats my imagination to still see a lot of energy wasting incandescent lighting where people could have opted for energy saving bulbs or BETTER STILL DC led bulbs which are even far better than the numerous so called AC energy savers abounding the Nigerian market sphere.
Last year I replaced 20no 0f a clients 18W ac energy saver with 20 no 4W dc bulbs, thereby reducing the power consumed by lighting from 360W to 80W, the 280W saved was then channeled to other household item. Moreover the load of the lighting didn't have to go through the inverter hence reducing the inversion loss in the system.

Hi Dave, good insight. Please can you explain how the DC bulbs work. I mean for example,, the Inverter (or power grid) supply AC current. Do I need run another parallel wiring per bulb for the DC bulbs - since the load wouldn't pass through the inverter?. I assume it will be powered directly from the batteries? If so, doesn't it mean that there wont be any regulation for over draining the batteries? And what are the costs (say for the 4W DC bulb?)

Pdozie (patdozie@yahoo.com)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dave07(m): 10:41pm On May 28, 2013
pdozie:

Hi Dave, good insight. Please can you explain how the DC bulbs work. I mean for example,, the Inverter (or power grid) supply AC current. Do I need run another parallel wiring per bulb for the DC bulbs - since the load wouldn't pass through the inverter?. I assume it will be powered directly from the batteries? If so, doesn't it mean that there wont be any regulation for over draining the batteries? And what are the costs (say for the 4W DC bulb?)

Pdozie (patdozie@yahoo.com)
Hi, I just replied your mail on this. Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kayoday(m): 12:31am On May 29, 2013
dave07:
Hi, I just replied your mail on this. Thanks

Can you please share with general house.

Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dave07(m): 8:19pm On May 29, 2013
Hi, Yes the DC bulb takes supply directly from the battery but
preferably through the load side of the charge controller ( if you are
on solar). The controller takes care of regulation and in some others
the timming (OFF/ON) of the bulb.
Yes it is necessary to run a separate wiring for this because the
voltage level is 12V dc.
The 4W bulbs I have been using for over a year and also stocking cost
N2,000, but I have since ran out of stock.
Recently, I came across another 3W and 5W with normal screw type lamp
holder going for 800 & 1,100 naira respectively. The other type I have
has an MR-16 base lamp holder and not the screw or pin type. Iam still
trying to determine the durability of these new product, cos I can
vouch for the 50,000hrs bulb life guarantee on the MR 16 type and its
quoted high lumen output.
Hope this helps
kayoday:

Can you please share with general house.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 10:33am On Jun 12, 2013
ur views and experience: sukam 3.5kva 48v running lightn points, small a/c,tv,fan and freezer. where do u put d UPS/W-UPS key at d back and why?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2013
For all dc bulb if you find it hard to get contact solar house in apapa opposite total oil and gas depot, you can google it, to get direct contact number

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by folasky79: 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
I have a concern about the(yellow colour) cyber 1kva inverter + a prag 200AH battery that i bought. u have to leave the inverter on before it charges. if u switch it off when when light comes it won't charge, and if light doesn't come for a whole day the battery bar can drop down. i'm planing to buy another inverter because i consider the inverter as a waste of money.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
folasky79: I have a concern about the(yellow colour) cyber 1kva inverter + a prag 200AH battery that i bought. u have to leave the inverter on before it charges. if u switch it off when when light comes it won't charge, and if light doesn't come for a whole day the battery bar can drop down. i'm planing to buy another inverter because i consider the inverter as a waste of money.

It shldnt b lyk dat, probably d person dat fixed it dint fix it well...I use a 2KVA CyberPower wiv 200AH CyberPower batteries (X2) and evry tin works jst fine...it charges wen it's off, charges wen it's on, automatically switches to inverter wen set to on & charging, and every tin an inverter is supposed to do
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bharseeth(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
Greetings fellow nl'ers. i intend getting a power backup system of about 1.5 KVA. Opinions on which inverter brand(s) and deep cycle battery brand is best in Nigeria. I dont want to go astray. Testimonies and references would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
bharseeth: Greetings fellow nl'ers. i intend getting a power backup system of about 1.5 KVA. Opinions on which inverter brand(s) and deep cycle battery brand is best in Nigeria. I dont want to go astray. Testimonies and references would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ive bin usin' CyberPower inverter & batteries since feb & ive bin lovin' it eva since...got it from buyright...deir site is www. buyright. biz

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.