Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (619853 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dozymars(m): 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
bharseeth: Greetings fellow nl'ers. i intend getting a power backup system of about 1.5 KVA. Opinions on which inverter brand(s) and deep cycle battery brand is best in Nigeria. I dont want to go astray. Testimonies and references would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check out this site for 1.5kva Inverter. The Luminous 1.5kva Inverter is very rugged.
www.inverternigeria.com
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by hopefullman: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2013
folasky79: I have a concern about the(yellow colour) cyber 1kva inverter + a prag 200AH battery that i bought. u have to leave the inverter on before it charges. if u switch it off when when light comes it won't charge, and if light doesn't come for a whole day the battery bar can drop down. i'm planing to buy another inverter because i consider the inverter as a waste of money.
It wasnt fixd wel.it's a mimor problem.d prblm is wt d changeover circuit in d inverter.dnt wast ur money on new one cos it cn be fixd
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 1:37am On Jun 21, 2013
Could anyone advise which is more reliable between Cyberpower inverters and mercury inverters.I notice that the mercury inverters are quite cheap compared to other brands of same modified sine wave inverters like cyberpower.Could this low price be as a result of questionable quality or just because it is not a known name in inverter manufacture?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 2:28am On Jun 21, 2013
omotoda: Could anyone advise which is more reliable between Cyberpower inverters and mercury inverters.I notice that the mercury inverters are quite cheap compared to other brands of same modified sine wave inverters like cyberpower.Could this low price be as a result of questionable quality or just because it is not a known name in inverter manufacture?

I can only speak for CyberPower inverter cos dats wat i use & it has bin rily great! Enjoyin' evry moment wit it!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 6:27am On Jun 21, 2013
Mercury inverter are good as well, so far your follow what your installer advise you, no problem will arise.
I had fixed both and they are both great
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bharseeth(m): 8:57am On Jun 21, 2013
femiolorun: Mercury inverter are good as well, so far your follow what your installer advise you, no problem will arise.
I had fixed both and they are both great

I got to know that Mercury inverters are modified sine wave not pure sine wave. Pls what its effect on appliances. Dnt wanna save money on its purchase only to spend more (appliance repairs/replacement) in the long run.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2013
bharseeth:

I got to know that Mercury inverters are modified sine wave not pure sine wave. Pls what its effect on appliances. Dnt wanna save money on its purchase only to spend more (appliance repairs/replacement) in the long run.

Cyberpower flat series are also modified sine wave.Modified sine wave is ideal for basic equipments in the house but it is not suitable for sensitive ele ctronics.I hv a pure sine wave(Mopower ) that I use for the house presently.I just want to get like a 2kva to power just my freezer and got to know that Mercury 2.4kva sells for just N24,000 which is why I am considering it.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bharseeth(m): 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
omotoda:

Cyberpower flat series are also modified sine wave.Modified sine wave is ideal for basic equipments in the house but it is not suitable for sensitive ele ctronics.I hv a pure sine wave(Mopower ) that I use for the house presently.I just want to get like a 2kva to power just my freezer and got to know that Mercury 2.4kva sells for just N24,000 which is why I am considering it.

Thanks for the info. I'll go for the Mercury 2.4 KVA as well. Now to the issue of batteries. Any help with that? Price quotes, great deals (price slashes), dealers/stores would be appreciated.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by folasky79: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2013
I check the website and i could see the yellow coloured type and the black coloured type. The one i refer to was the yellow type 1KV probably the black type is a better design. Anyway thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 9:16am On Jun 22, 2013
folasky79: I check the website and i could see the yellow coloured type and the black coloured type. The one i refer to was the yellow type 1KV probably the black type is a better design. Anyway thanks.

The yellow coloured cyberpower produce PURE sine wave and are more expensive when compared with the black flat type.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2013
omotoda:

The yellow coloured cyberpower produce PURE sine wave and are more expensive when compared with the black flat type.

The one I have is the black one & it's really good...from what i've learnt so far, the black one is a modified sine wave & the yellow one is pure sine wave, so what is the difference between both of them

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2013
dimdim001:

The one I have is the black one & it's really good...from what i've learnt so far, the black one is a modified sine wave & the yellow one is pure sine wave, so what is the difference between both of them

The difference is in the form of alternating current(AC) produced.Pure sine wave inverters produce AC similar to what utility companies (PHCN) supply and so are suitable for all appliances.The modified sine wave or simulated sine wave form is not exactly like the form produced by utility company but meets basic needs of all household equipments except sensitive medical and diagnostic equipments.A modified sine wave inveter like the black cyberpower, mercury, gaoxinqi inverters meet u basic home needs.However, most of these company also have pure sine wave inverters which are more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by pmcclaw: 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
A top quality Inverter I have found out is called Daltron. The main distributor is called SystemTrust Ltd. They have offices in Lekki Phase1, and Adeniran Ogunsanya in Surulere. I bought a 3kVA 48V with 4pcs of 200ah Daltron batteries in January 2011 at N350,000 fully installed. It has been running smoothly and most importantly, our computers never re-starts at PHCN failure. The Inverter we used before was restarting our computers, until a friend recommeded Daltron. I was also told that it has a rugged surge protection built-in. I therefore recommend Daltron to you.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by abunafiu(m): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
I need to know the pro and cons of buying 2kva and 3.5kva both 24V BLUEGATE inverters. How efficient are they. Are they pure sine wave or modified sine wave. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by GoodDREAMS(m): 6:45am On Jun 26, 2013
Last month we bought 1.5kw(?) EMEL inverter,2 deep cycle batteries each at 58k (i forgot the amp).. it powers everything in the house, that is, 41 bulbs including 2 multiple light chandeliers(most of the bulbs are energy savers), 3 laptops,6 ceiling fans,42inch screen tv,home theater,Sharp refrigerator, and strange enough, 1 horse power borehole pump and it doesn't sneeze or yawn.We did this several times to test how powerful it is.It lasts over 12 hours...but not with all these loads o. Surprisingly, The only thing we cant load along with the other loads in the house, which makes it cry is ordinary QLink water DISPENSER. Strange enough,even connecting only the dispenser makes the inverter shout even when the dispenser heater is off(abi e mean say the cooling na him dey draw power? Then, what about the big fridge wey no dey complain?).I suspect the dispenser has some poor system issues even though its working fine.

Seriously, when a brother traveled with the inverter we felt it bad cos we started using gen again;...put fuel,engine oil,pull the rope several times,noise pollution,air pollution,always checking if nepa is back,repairs always and disappointment to ignite if mixing is wrong,petrol risk etc.

My experience with this inverter is amazing,though we spent about 158k...i bet you bro,its worth it.Its from india too. We bought it most especially for refrigerator.

Though, we are fortunate to be at a location, GRA where light is not so much a problem, hence we use nepa to charge it easily. Although, we have tried charging it with I PASS MY NEIGHBOR generator and the generator didn't complain nor the inverter fail, everything went fine, but i am not sure the small generator will charge it as fast as bigger ones would do.

People have been asking, "shebi na light dey that house?But i no dey hear generator sound at all...I beg go charge my phone for me there jare"

Hope this helps.
i will confirm the exact wattage and and battery power and update this post later.

6 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Osama10(m): 7:10am On Jun 26, 2013
I need to replace my bluegate inverter batteries, any sellers in the house.

My location is PH.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2013
GoodDREAMS: Last month we bought 1.5kw(?) EMEL inverter,2 deep cycle batteries each at 58k (i forgot the amp).. it powers everything in the house, that is, 41 bulbs including 2 multiple light chandeliers(most of the bulbs are energy savers), 3 laptops,6 ceiling fans,42inch screen tv,home theater,Sharp refrigerator, and strange enough, 1 horse power borehole pump and it doesn't sneeze or yawn.We did this several times to test how powerful it is.It lasts over 12 hours...but not with all these loads o. Surprisingly, The only thing we cant load along with the other loads in the house, which makes it cry is ordinary QLink water DISPENSER. Strange enough,even connecting only the dispenser makes the inverter shout even when the dispenser heater is off(abi e mean say the cooling na him dey draw power? Then, what about the big fridge wey no dey complain?).I suspect the dispenser has some poor system issues even though its working fine.

Seriously, when a brother traveled with the inverter we felt it bad cos we started using gen again;...put fuel,engine oil,pull the rope several times,noise pollution,air pollution,always checking if nepa is back,repairs always and disappointment to ignite if mixing is wrong,petrol risk etc.

My experience with this inverter is amazing,though we spent about 158k...i bet you bro,its worth it.Its from india too. We bought it most especially for refrigerator.

Though, we are fortunate to be at a location, GRA where light is not so much a problem, hence we use nepa to charge it easily. Although, we have tried charging it with I PASS MY NEIGHBOR generator and the generator didn't complain nor the inverter fail, everything went fine, but i am not sure the small generator will charge it as fast as bigger ones would do.

People have been asking, "shebi na light dey that house?But i no dey hear generator sound at all...I beg go charge my phone for me there jare"

Hope this helps.
i will confirm the exact wattage and and battery power and update this post later.

R u sure it's 1.5KVA inverter dat's doin' all dat? undecided

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Cyberknight: 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
Same here. 1.5 inverter powering fridge, pumping machine, etc? Really?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by abunafiu(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2013
This cant be true, all the loads the poster claims the EMEL could power is over 2KVA, how is it possible?
However, my 1.4Kva Genius powers my 340 Liters fridge conveniently with my 120W 40in LED, 200W sound machine, a ceiling fan but as the load add up, it starts to sound funny( which means the load is becomming 2 much).
Conclusion: 1500Watts inverters ARE NOT DESIGNED TO POWER FRIDGES AND OTHER HEAVY DUTY STUFFS>
Go buy 3KVA and above.

Am still expecting ur views on BLUEGATE inverters.
Also, are 48V inverters better than 24V, reasons pls.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 4:06am On Jun 28, 2013
abunafiu: This cant be true, all the loads the poster claims the EMEL could power is over 2KVA, how is it possible?
However, my 1.4Kva Genius powers my 340 Liters fridge conveniently with my 120W 40in LED, 200W sound machine, a ceiling fan but as the load add up, it starts to sound funny( which means the load is becomming 2 much).
Conclusion: 1500Watts inverters ARE NOT DESIGNED TO POWER FRIDGES AND OTHER HEAVY DUTY STUFFS>
Go buy 3KVA and above.

Am still expecting ur views on BLUEGATE inverters.
Also, are 48V inverters better than 24V, reasons pls.

The guy is right.He said 1.5kw and not 1.5KVA .An inverter with rating 1.5kw is equivalent to 2.5KVA and most modern refridgerator asides from the huge surge in their starting current do not exceed 250watts depending on size anyway.This is the same reason why your 1.4KVA (APRROX 1.2KW) can power your fridge.

3 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2013
abunafiu,

i think you should take it easy with these guys. they may not know what you already know
concerning inverters. or better still direct them to the main inverter thread where
serious and practical discussion takes place:

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/42#390522.1372
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by hopefullman: 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
omotoda:

The guy is right.He said 1.5kw and not 1.5KVA .An inverter with rating 1.5kw is equivalent to 2.5KVA and most modern refridgerator asides from the huge surge in their starting current do not exceed 250watts depending on size anyway.This is the same reason why your 1.4KVA (APRROX 1.2KW) can power your fridge.
how is 1.5kw equivalent to 2.5kva?from P=IVcos¤.where p=truepower(watt),IV=aparent power(s=IV volt ampere),COS¤=powerfactor.the maximum theoretical power factor a device can achieve is 1.thus p=svcos¤
p=ivcos¤
1.5kw=IV*1
IV=1.5kw/1
=1.5kva
thus 1.5kw inverter ~= 1.5kva
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Elsafema: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
What about those of us that are using prepaid meter, as it is not economica to charge ur inverter with prepaid meter or what do u think
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
Elsafema: What about those of us that are using prepaid meter, as it is not economica to charge ur inverter with prepaid meter or what do u think

I use a prepaid meter, it isn't dat bad...bt i use a 2KVA inverter oo, I gues it wld prolly zap for dose higher inverters
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by GoodDREAMS(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
My earlier post started with, "Last month we bought 1.5kw(?)". Look at the first statement, there is a question mark after the 1.5kw, and again ,i concluded by saying, "I will confirm the exact wattage and and battery power and update this post later.

So let me confirm now...

Yes, i am back in MODIFY MODE .I was right.It is 1.5KVA or 1500W or 1.5kw,remember physics. Each of the two batteries is 12volt and 200Amperes deep cycle..and the inverter is pure sine wave(very important to note).

I was corrected, that the refrigerator was switched off before the borehole was put on.I was outside the house, at the bore hole position when they put it on, so i thought the fridge was on too.
But it powers the fridge of course along with others smoothly.The sharp fridge is about 5ft tall, almost 2ft with,input power 106watt,input voltage 220v, Netweight 40kg.

Someone talked on how he used one inverter for fan only.If the purpose is for fan only, you may go for rechargable fan N7500..it blows for 8hours, or N12000 which works for about 10 hours..or that fancy Thermocool robot 360 degree fan.

Bottom line is ,if you have the money go and get your inverter but with due diligence otherwise there could be funny products around like china phone. Mission accomplished.

3 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spotx: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Olawoye:

As an experienced Inverter Engineer, I'd say in reality that you don't require up to 5Kva Inverter. All you need is a 3kva inverter if it is the same regular house electronics that you have, as in my quotes above.
pls inverter engineer our kevin system inverter developed fault this morning after the broom i was using to sweep hit the naked fused and it sparked.meanwhile one of the instruction is -never smoke or allow a spark or flame in vicinity of battery,i guess the spark was what affect the ups.it display FUSED TRIP.what is the meaning of this and what can i do before my brother will be back in a couple of days for it repairs.thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2013
you did not only lie but I give your battery 6 months or less than ones year to pack up
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
JUO: you did not only lie but I give your battery 6 months or less than ones year to pack up
@JUO do u still have 150ah batteries for sale?pls contact me on 07025027022
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
Truly solar powered home sweet jo. kai i de enjoy mine in d north. i shall soon do an upgrade. no wonder George D de smile always
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
idsolar: Truly solar powered home sweet jo. kai i de enjoy mine in d north. i shall soon do an upgrade. no wonder George D de smile always

Enlighten us more on the one you use...like what is the watt/kva, what & what does it carry, how long does it stay on, how long does it take to charge, how much you got it...I intend to eventually go the solar way, & use it side by side with my inverter, this one that PHCN is increasing their so called maintenance fee
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
@JUO do u still have 150ah batteries for sale?pls contact me on 07025027022
no for now
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by abunafiu(m): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
idsolar: Truly solar powered home sweet jo. kai i de enjoy mine in d north. i shall soon do an upgrade. no wonder George D de smile always
pls which part of d north are u staying. Pls i wd love 2 spk wit u. Ur phone number pls if u dont mind. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.