Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (620816 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 10:30am On Oct 14, 2020
TrisVik:
Good day all,

I just came across this topic. I need advise on which of these inverters are best for home use. It's to power not only the indoor lights but outdoor ones as well, 2 laptops, 2 fans, 2 TVs. At least one of each appliances plugged at once with 2 bulbs on.

Luminous 1.5KVA/24V Zelio

Luminous 1.5KVA/24V EcoVolt

Prag 1.5KVA / 24V

What's the difference between the 2 Luminous models?

And just in case, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Considering the outlined items to be powered, you need a minimum of 2.5kva inverter( since you are powering your outside lights).

Luminous Zelios 1.5kva and Ecovolt 1.5kva are basically the same functionality and wattage (1300watts).The ZELIOS brand has a digital display that shows time available for back up.It also has a bypass switch at the back.The Ecovolts is analog display and also lacks the highlighted features of the Zelios.

Prag is a high end inverter. I am not too familiar with their functionality.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by mahkanjuh: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
omotoda:

Considering the outlined items to be powered, you need a minimum of 2.5kva inverter( since you are powering your outside lights).

Luminous Zelios 1.5kva and Ecovolt 1.5kva are basically the same functionality and wattage (1300watts).The ZELIOS brand has a digital display that shows time available for back up.It also has a bypass switch at the back.The Ecovolts is analog display and also lacks the highlighted features of the Zelios.

Prag is a high end inverter. I am not too familiar with their functionality.

I think I disagree, 1500 watt 24volt should be okay, the surge will even be higher than that, and the items the person listed does not even contain surge demanding gadgets, except the price difference is negligible

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2020
Mercury Inverters Buy Now Pay in 12 Months

You don’t have to pay for it all at once. Whether you’re shopping for Inverters, Deep Cycle Batteries, Solar or a Servo stabilizer you can have it now and pay for it over time.
Flexible payment plans for everything you want, need and love. Why pay today when you could pay a little at a time?

https://mercurydirect.com.ng/spread-the-cost-with-flexible…/

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
mahkanjuh:

I think I disagree, 1500 watt 24volt should be okay, the surge will even be higher than that, and the items the person listed does not even contain surge demanding gadgets, except the price difference is negligible

Luminous 1.5kva is actually rated max 1300 watts. I agree it should be okay but when you factor in efficiency losses its better to give allowance for future load. Surge doesn't really cone into play here.Surge power is for a short time only and not for continues capacity
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Meringe(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2020
Hello Everyone here, I want to know what it looks like being on prepaid metre while charging the inverter. Like 2kva inverter. What could be the extra cost on the power usage.
Thank you.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ojeysky(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2020
Meringe:
Hello Everyone here, I want to know what it looks like being on prepaid metre while charging the inverter. Like 2kva inverter. What could be the extra cost on the power usage.
Thank you.

It's not about the inverter it's about the charging current and the concurrent load on it. So assume you are doing 2kw concurrent on it(charging and load) then you need to multiply that by number of hours you are using it for.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
TrisVik:
Good day all,

I just came across this topic. I need advise on which of these inverters are best for home use. It's to power not only the indoor lights but outdoor ones as well, 2 laptops, 2 fans, 2 TVs. At least one of each appliances plugged at once with 2 bulbs on.

Luminous 1.5KVA/24V Zelio

Luminous 1.5KVA/24V EcoVolt

Prag 1.5KVA / 24V

What's the difference between the 2 Luminous models?

And just in case, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Contact me for durable :

Schneider pure sinewave solar inverter 1.5kva 24v ..... 75k

Icell 2.5kva 24v pure sinewave inverter ...... 99k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by CAROLYN19: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2020
Contact us on 08066332919 for all sizes of Gaston batteries. Offices in Lagos and Abuja .Nationwide delivery

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by BIZZWEALTH: 11:30am On Oct 16, 2020
Flash Sales! 2.4kva Modified Sine Wave Inverter N52,000

To order visit mercurydirect.com.ng
or Call us on 07037451701

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2020
Epever triron with ds2 display available

Price - 75k

Call 08117398294
Chat - http:///2348117398294

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by BIZZWEALTH: 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2020
[b]Flash Sales! Shop now while Stock Last![/b]
Mercury 2.4kThe critically acclaimed Mercury 2.4KVA Modified Sine Wave Inverter with inbuilt charger provides automatic changeover from NEPA, giving you undisrupted power supply. Sleek, compact, and lightweight, with overload protection, and digital LCD display which elucidates battery and load levels N52,000.

visit mercurydirect.com.ng to make your order
Call us on 07037451701 for more info

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2020
Brand new hao2 battery balancers available.

Price 21k each ( slightly negotiable)

Call - 08117398294

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Mackie1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello... Been planning on getting an alternate power supply for my home.. I'll like to know what 170k can get me. Max load i intend on using at a particular time is 1000w
Breakdown.
Laptop 150w
Refrigerator 118w
Tv 80w
Decoder 45w
Ceiling fans x3 220w
And the rest some 22w energy saving bulbs
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Valto(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
Mackie1:
Hello... Been planning on getting an alternate power supply for my home.. I'll like to know what 170k can get me. Max load i intend on using at a particular time is 1000w
Breakdown.
Laptop 150w
Refrigerator 118w
Tv 80w
Decoder 45w
Ceiling fans x3 220w
And the rest some 22w energy saving bulbs
U have to remove fridge and ceiling fans. then u are good to go. but not sure 170k will get it done. budget atleast 300k.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by psucc(m): 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2020
Valto:
U have to remove fridge and ceiling fans. then u are good to go. but not sure 170k will get it done. budget atleast 300k.
Apart from the ceiling fans, he can just apply my friend's method, on the fridge during the day time when the sun is up and off it by 4pm. Thus, he can still have his cool stuff.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2020
Brand new Fangpusun 50a mppt charge controller available.

Price - 56k

Call - 08117398294

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 8:15am On Oct 20, 2020
12v 40amps smart battery charger available.

Price - 19k

Call - 08117398294

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
Epever triron 40amps mppt available

7 battery type selection Sealed(AGM), Gel, Flooded, Lead-acid User, LiFePO4 Lithium, Li(NiCoMn)O2 Lithium, Lithium User(9~34V). Dual 5V DC USB output interface of this mppt controller can charge your electronic devices directly.

Price- 75k

Call - 08117398294

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by sirgandi: 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2020
Please fellas I have some issues coming up on an installation I did a month ago. A client now calls to tell me that the battery doesn't last up to 2hrs.even after charging it wt Gen set. Though the area has no power for some months now. Pls what could be the cause. The clients complained that the inverter trips off at 23V. I used 2x200ah batteries each of them is 12v... I need ur suggestions ASAP
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2020
sirgandi:
Please fellas I have some issues coming up on an installation I did a month ago. A client now calls to tell me that the battery doesn't last up to 2hrs.even after charging it wt Gen set. Though the area has no power for some months now. Pls what could be the cause. The clients complained that the inverter trips off at 23V. I used 2x200ah batteries each of them is 12v... I need ur suggestions ASAP
how many watts solar panels are u using to charge d batteries?

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by earthrealm(m): 5:27am On Oct 29, 2020
sirgandi:

Most gens dont charge inverter well, because the gen voltage isnt clean or steady... Let him try charging on nepa to confirm or get a standalone battery charger and connect it to a stabilizer, and use it to be charging the battery, while on gen

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dollarnaira: 8:15am On Oct 29, 2020
earthrealm:

Most gens dont charge inverter well, because the gen voltage isnt clean or steady... Let him try charging on nepa to confirm or get a standalone battery charger and connect it to a stabilizer, and use it to be charging the battery, while on gen

Am an advocate of stand alone charger and stand alone inverter. I dont gbadun both together.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by saint2ace(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2020
dollarnaira:

Am an advocate of stand alone charger and stand alone inverter. I dont gbadun both together.

Each has it's cons and pros. For the combined inverter you can leave it on ups mode and it automatically switches when there's grid supply or when supply goes off, if u find one with a good self consumption and charge algorithm and adjustable charge parameters then u're in heaven. But most times it's always difficult.

Meanwhile the off-grid inverter have lower self consumption, and a greater efficiency level. They also take u longer cos they have a lower DoD than the grid type but time that's the only difference I see.

However, with my icellpower x4 echo inverter, I think I have the best of both worlds, too bad that inverter is scarce in the market now. grin
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dollarnaira: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2020
saint2ace:

Each has it's cons and pros. For the combined inverter you can leave it on ups mode and it automatically switches when there's grid supply or when supply goes off, if u find one with a good self consumption and charge algorithm and adjustable charge parameters then u're in heaven. But most times it's always difficult.

Meanwhile the off-grid inverter have lower self consumption, and a greater efficiency level. They also take u longer cos they have a lower DoD than the grid type but time that's the only difference I see.

However, with my icellpower x4 echo inverter, I think I have the best of both worlds, too bad that inverter is scarce in the market now. grin

We know say u alone na inverter.
Protect urs like never b4 esp from power surge.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Penuelseun(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
saint2ace:

nice, pls how many watts is the self consumption of the icellpower?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by saint2ace(m): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
dollarnaira:

We know say u alone na inverter.
Protect urs like never b4 esp from power surge.

Will do boss grin
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by saint2ace(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Penuelseun:
nice, pls how many watts is the self consumption of the icellpower?

About 18w.....
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Penuelseun(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2020
saint2ace:

About 18w.....
Nice for an inverter with charger, my standalone psw inverter consumes about 8w
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Lovelynife(m): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Penuelseun:
Nice for an inverter with charger, my standalone psw inverter consumes about 8w
name of the inverter please? sound interesting
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Penuelseun(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
Lovelynife:

name of the inverter please? sound interesting
ceepro pure sine wave inverter

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Lovelynife(m): 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2020
Penuelseun:
ceepro pure sine wave inverter
but is this really PSW or modified power inverter?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Penuelseun(m): 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
Lovelynife:

but is this really PSW or modified power inverter?
It is pure sine wave

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.