Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:56 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (614730 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ValueAddin: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2011
Inverters are very very good.
We use a 1.5kva Mopower inverter with 2-200A deep cycle batteries to power a 4-bedroom house.
The inverter has actually run for 24hrs non-stop before it beeped 'battery low'. It was fully charged before then.
We used about 10 energy-saving bulbs, intermittent 60-watt bulbs (2), TV, fan etc during the night and just TV and fan during the day.
I was amazed.
We have been using it for above 6 months with only 2-fuse blow outs.
It has been working perfectly well and has been such a joy.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by BlackMage: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
After months of pestering, my Computer Hardware "Customer" finally brought me a 1KW Inverter.
All the way from Mumbai, he brought that sucker for me, and me alone. (He brought other stuff, too.)

The Inverter delivers 1,000W of quiet electricity from a sufficiently powerful DC Source above 10.5V.
However, this model does not charge the batteries you connect it to.

Therefore, when the car battery I had bought earlier for experimental purposes became useless immediately.
(Car batteries can be used if you really have to, but are not suitable for Inverter use,
because they cannot be quickly recharged without damage. Therefore you need something called a "Deep-Cycle" Battery.
Nobody could articulate what this meant, nor why regular batteries should not be used- I had to spend N10,000 to find out.)

The Inverter itself has sat on my workshop table for the past year. Completely worthless.
You have to be very careful to get the right information about what you are trying to buy, or you can get the wrong things.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^ Well, most foreign inverter don't last. Imagine abandoning that unit for it does not charge + costs you N10,000 just to learn that it doesn't charge other batteries different from Deep Circle. The ones we construct here hardly gives problems and where it does, we handle it and it gets back just on its operation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by olason(m): 6:22am On Aug 09, 2011
All, pls i need your advise on this inverter issue. Before i got my inverter we use to experience erratic power problem but the moment i got the inverter, power in my area became more than stable everyday, for the past 3-4 months till now, in a day we have close to 21hrs of power supply. though sometimes they could cut power for lets say 6hrs once in 3weeks.eg for the past 3days they have been constant power Now my question is this, leaving the inverter on charge for along time i want to know weather prolonged charging could damage the battery and what can i do to solve this issue. thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ezet(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2011
@ Olat

Congrats on new development in your area. Answer to ur question is a function of the type and quality of ur inverter. inverter that charges battery has in-built charger. On & off type of charger has no regulated mode of charging and thus could not prevent overcharging. PWM and MPPT types are more efficient as they stop the flow of current to the battery once the battery bank is full.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 9:10am On Aug 09, 2011
@olason bros disconnect your battery o, if not you will have a swallowen  battery. although some can cut off but who knows the make of your battery or inverter?

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by olason(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2011
Ezet/Juo thanks guys for your prompt response. I use a brand new 200AH fabton deep cycle battery with a Gaouxing inverter which has a built in charger. So sometimes when I observe  that the battery is fully charged I switch off the public power supply in order to use and discharge the inverter battery for at least one hour to discharge and then switch back to NEPA. I was told that once the battery is fully charged the inverter wil automatically stop further charging of  the battery. Pls how thru is this cos I don't want to damage the battery by lack of proper handling. thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2011
bros that inverter is good because the rated power is actually the real power e.g mercury 1000va=600w http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-inverters&subtitle=Inverters&productid=775 but it can turn your battery into this shape

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Olori(m): 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2011
Inverters are very very good.
We use a 1.5kva Mopower inverter with 2-200A deep cycle batteries to power a 4-bedroom house.
The inverter has actually run for 24hrs non-stop before it beeped 'battery low'. It was fully charged before then.
We used about 10 energy-saving bulbs, intermittent 60-watt bulbs (2), TV, fan etc during the night and just TV and fan during the day.
I was amazed.
We have been using it for above 6 months with only 2-fuse blow outs.
It has been working perfectly well and has been such a joy.

@ ValueAddin how much did u get your 1.5kva Mo power inverter plus 200A batteries.
Will appreciate ur reply pls
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2011
Where can i get a laptop inverter or a cheap inverter i can only use for a laptop.

Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2011
the cheapest inveter is the goaxing 1kv watts inverter,,,,,,,,,,it can power a single laptop for more than 8hrs on a 100ah deep cycle battery
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2011
cretin:

the cheapest inveter is the goaxing 1kv watts inverter,,,,,,,,,,it can power a single laptop for more than 8hrs on a 100ah deep cycle battery

Thanks, and how much can i get the inverter??
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2011
its 14k at the dealer shop in VI lagos and 20k at the retail shops
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ValueAddin: 6:17am On Aug 19, 2011
Olori:

@ ValueAddin how much did u get your 1.5kva Mo power inverter plus 200A batteries.
Will appreciate your reply pls

Total cost of mopower inverter, batteries, battery stand, installation, delivery etc was about N170k.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by 2tek: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2011
cretin:

its 14k at the dealer shop in VI lagos and 20k at the retail shops
what is dia office address in vi. pls do hv any of dia contact numbers.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
the office is in saka tinunu str opp mtn office, that place they sell phones in V I
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2011
hello guys, we hv installed quite some sukam and mopower inverters over d year with good feedback. we are installers base in d north. hv u ever had any situations?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Actionleap: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2011
Any one serious about using Inverter to make his life a comfort should talk to the wonderful man that installed mine. His name is Ajadi Ademola 08027924288 or 07090901926. If you call him, please tell him you're from one of the people that has been blessed by his proffessionalism. The first one he installed for me was a 1.4KVA netting 24hours (3 flat screen, 10nos lighting points, blender, 3nos ceiling fans, 3nos laptops), sometime last more than 24hours. The new one for my new house is a 3.5KVA lasting more than 24hours too (60lighting points, 3nos laptops, 1no. fridge, 1no. freezer, blender, sowing machine, 3nos medium standing fans, etc).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2011
@actionleap, cud u state the number of batteries he installed for the 2 inverters n total cost?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2011
d make of d inverters and batteries too.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Actionleap: 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2011
Cretin & idsolar. The inverter is Sukam and the batteries i got personally at 15k from a friend that imports. They are 2v, 490Ah. I bought 48pcs. Life is truly good. I'm yet to switch on my 16kva generator for more than a week that we moved into this new house.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 11:12am On Dec 06, 2011
holy cow!!!, 48 pieces!, thats more than 600k on batteries alone, where do u pack the batteries?, r u sure of the number?, 48pcs?!

cud u link me to ur contact?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ritze(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
Nice thread
For inverter below 1kva,SUNCAM or INNOWA is the best (in my opinion)
Anything 1kva and above, VICTRON is the best product around (very sure of this)
As regards battery i prefer ZENITH or BLUEGATE

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Actionleap: 6:52am On Dec 08, 2011
Cretin, good morning. The guy that fixed mine is Ademola 08027924288 or 07090901926. The rack he used for me accomodates 24nos. so he used 2nos of that rack to install the 48nos batteries. We just discovered that we can also use microwave oven on this inverter. He told me it could pump water if i switch off most of the big consumers like fridge and freezer. I will try to post the pics of the racks later.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 9:57am On Dec 08, 2011
ok pls post pics, whats the rating or ur inverter?, upto 3kw?, cud u give us a breakdown of ur total cost
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2011
wow! 48batrs. my guy i love ur investment gut. enjoy ur life my brother, God will surely do my own for me IJN amen.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
how much is this battery 2v, 490Ah?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Actionleap: 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2011
Hello Cretin, my current inverter is 3.5KVA. Juo, each battery pack of 6nos 2V 490Ah cost me 60k (far cheaper than market price) because i got it through an importer for telecom companies. If you're interested, let me know.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2011
@ Actionleap am interested and how many kg please
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Actionleap: 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
Gross weight for a pack of 6nos 2V 490Ah is 270kg i.e. each battery weighs 45kg.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by yinkfad(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
guys in the house pls i need inverter of good quality to power upto 30 computer systems the full price u can reach me on this no 08151010965 or e mail me on jmk24u@yahoo.com.
thanks and be sincere plssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2011
@actionleap, how much did u get the inverter for, or pls shoot me ur phone nos/email wanna ask u some questions , vinchecks2000@yahoo.com thats my email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.