Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (619463 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 5:32am On Apr 17, 2018
tziz:

Bro, u still dnt get me. What inverter do u use and do u use gen to charge it? If yes, what's the capacity of ur gen?
I dnt hav any issue with the charging current of my Inverter. Plus it doesn't take dt much time to charge it up to full with Nepa wen it's fully discharged(which I hardly do), trust me, I keep serious tabs. My Inverter takes 14hrs+- 25mins to charge my batteries to full wen it's fully depleted. This is not even what I'm talking about, lemme giv u a layman's explanation of wat I'm saying:

I charge fully depleted battery with Nepa for 5hrs = 7hrs usage time till it fully depletes.

Then, I charge fully depleted battery with gen for 5hrs = 3hrs usage time till it fully depletes.

Plus iv never seen a well known, good 12v inverter with upto 50 - 70 Amps charging current. You can show me one, I'd luv to knw. PS: good brands like Sukam, Microtek, Luminous etc
Not all those Samuel L. Jackson inverters o, dat don't have a charging program, as long as der's power, dey'll continue charging ur batteries till dey become pregnant. Lol

Hello, you have never seen them but they exist ranging from 12v 1000w - 2000w " 85k to 110k . They are pure sinewave and comes with adjustable 50-70a max charge current !

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 5:35am On Apr 17, 2018
tziz:

I know Felicity Solar, they installed the solar system we use in my office, a 5kVa system with 10pcs 200Ah batteries, all the batteries died within 10months.
Well, I'll consider adding a stabilizer, thanks for that. Looking at Solar too. If I giv u a typical daily load, can u giv an estimate of how many panels will be sufficient? For charging only, then charging and simultaneously using it for load

What a bad experience ! There are so many reasons why battery die prematurely but its so sad to hear batteries turning scrap in less than a month , it shows that a proper load audit wasn't done , substandard material or undersized battery -solar system ! Cheer's

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by makavele: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2018
kiekie1:

What a bad experience ! There are so many reasons why battery die prematurely but its so sad to hear batteries turning scrap in less than a month , it shows that a proper load audit wasn't done , substandard material or undersized battery -solar system ! Cheer's

Exactly what I told him
and they blamed the “poor inverter” that did
nothing wrong
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2018
makavele:

Exactly what I told him
and they blamed the “poor inverter” that did
nothing wrong
We dont blame the inverter, we blame the whole company and thier half-baked installers! These Chinese guys from Felicity Solar came in from China and did the installations in all the Company's branches, even in my boss's house. I tink the one in his house is acting funny, then the one in the headoffice failed, couldnt hold charge, u leave it over the weekend with good sunlight only to com back on monday and its already beeping on 30mins usage. The headoffice is completely off-grid so we rely on the solar system and gen. The batteries wer all thrown away and new batteries bought thats working perfectly now. I later heard word that the batteries had stayed stale and unused in containers before they wer shipped from china though. Even the solar street lights dey installed has stopped working long ime ago. only one flickers somtimes
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2018
kiekie1:

@bolded, funny, but felicity solar sent thier personnel that stayed in Nigeria for over a week, of course proper load audit was done.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by makavele: 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
tziz:

Oh, I just checked the Home Theater again, it's even 150W not 115W. @bolded, really? Iv seen many. Mine is the type with tall standing speakers. It's 1000Watts P.M.P.O. I'll check and confirm the others after work today and let u knw.. Tnx

Mine is a 2,000 watts system, 4 surround speakers, 1 twitter and 1 bass engine ..

Yet I have never seen it go above 45 W, even at maximum volume
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
makavele:

Mine is a 2,000 watts system, 4 surround speakers, 1 twitter and 1 bass engine ..

Maybe u are using a Watt meter, mine is wat is written on the rear dat I know.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by darocha1: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
Due to the yearnings of our clients and in line with our company's mission to provide back-up power supply to another set of 256 homes this year.
We have reviewed our prices and provided flexible payment plans to suit every home, office, shop etc.

Call/whatsapp 08137539988

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
makavele:
I'll give you breakdown in the morning
Bro, iv please do the calculation for these loads:

These are wat i want to be running during the day alongside charging the batteries with the solar:
42" LED Tv: 110W
GoTv decoder: 15W i guess.
Ceiling Fan: 70W

Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by makavele: 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
tziz:

Bro, iv please do the calculation for these loads:

These are wat i want to be running during the day alongside charging the batteries with the solar:

Thanks

Done

Uploading here soon
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by makavele: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
tziz:

Maybe u are using a Watt meter, mine is wat is written on the rear dat I know.

Professional installers will always do a proper (emphasis on proper) load audit

and this takes into account using a watt meter . . . and discarding what is stamped on the energy labels

as it has been proven often times, appliances meant for this region (sub standards) do not conform to the labels most times.

since we have a lax quality control system

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by makavele: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
Load:

Total: 195 W + 10% for losses due to conversion and inefficiences
: 195 + 19.5 = 214.5 or 215W round figure.

Energy consumption: 215 Watts per hours = 215 Wh

You said to be run during the day; you didn't mention hwo many exact hours.

Let me guess 7 AM - 6 PM = 11 hours

Gross energy consumption = 215 W x 11 hours = 2365 Wh or 2.4kWh

Battery required:

At 50% DOD (economy level):

2365 Wh x 2 = 4730 Wh

Adding inefficiency factor: 4730 Wh / 0.8 = 5912.5 Wh

Using 12V batteries: 5912.5 Wh / 12V = 492.7 Ah

Let's round it up to 500Ah; which means you will need either:

1 unit of 12V 500Ah battery, or
2 units of 12V 250Ah batteries (more common), or
5 units of 12V 100Ah batteries

The choice is yours.

Now for Solar Panels:

Typical sun hours for Lagos is about 5 hours; pray no bad weather.

So we need that battery bank to be recharged completely in about 5 hours.

Calculations for only 50% DOD

5912.5 Wh / 5 hours = 1182.5 Watts of solar panels

You will either need

1 unit of 1182.5 Watts solar panels, or
5 unit of 250 Watts solar panels, or
8 units of 150 Watts solar panels, e.t.c.

This amount of panels are only good to recharge your batteries, if you want to run loads simultaneouly,
double the panels.

If you discharge batteries below 50%, all my calculations will be off.I did not account for lower discharge.

I did not account for more loads; only exactly what you listed.

Cheers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by liquidcrystal73(m): 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
Here goes
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by easybussiness: 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=tziz post=66772070]
Oboy, everything solar. We are being solarized.
Meanwhile, which one is "Solar generator"? It generates solar energy? Pls explain.. [/quote
Solar generator works with the sun
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
makavele:
Load:

Battery required:

2365 Wh x 2 = 4730 Wh

The choice is yours.

Now for Solar Panels:

You will either need

This amount of panels are only good to recharge your batteries, if you want to run loads simultaneouly,
double the panels.

If you discharge batteries below 50%, all my calculations will be off.I did not account for lower discharge.

Cheers.
Thanks alot bro.
I was looking at 4pcs 200W panels dou.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cooldipo(m): 2:33am On Apr 19, 2018
I wish you had sign and contract of install and maintain for at least a year or a warranty to cover for all the unforseen wastage

tziz:

We dont blame the inverter, we blame the whole company and thier half-baked installers! These Chinese guys from Felicity Solar came in from China and did the installations in all the Company's branches, even in my boss's house. I tink the one in his house is acting funny, then the one in the headoffice failed, couldnt hold charge, u leave it over the weekend with good sunlight only to com back on monday and its already beeping on 30mins usage. The headoffice is completely off-grid so we rely on the solar system and gen. The batteries wer all thrown away and new batteries bought thats working perfectly now. I later heard word that the batteries had stayed stale and unused in containers before they wer shipped from china though. Even the solar street lights dey installed has stopped working long ime ago. only one flickers somtimes
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cooldipo(m): 2:36am On Apr 19, 2018
makavele:

Pls can you share images and model name of your sound system.... I am about to recommend one for a client and something energy efficient like yours will be appropriate
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cooldipo(m): 2:45am On Apr 19, 2018
Well done Bro.... I am impressed with your painstaking submission..... A good reference point for all

makavele:
Load:

Battery required:

2365 Wh x 2 = 4730 Wh

The choice is yours.

Now for Solar Panels:

You will either need

double the panels.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by earthrealm(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
tziz:

I know Felicity Solar, they installed the solar system we use in my office, a 5kVa system with 10pcs 200Ah batteries, all the batteries died within 10months.
Well, I'll consider adding a stabilizer, thanks for that. Looking at Solar too. If I giv u a typical daily load, can u giv an estimate of how many panels will be sufficient? For charging only, then charging and simultaneously using it for load

hmmm, 5kva 60v or 120v?
what was the charging current of the inverter?
any solar surpport?

ooh k, seen where you identified the culprit, as being defective batteries from the get go
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Stanley08(m): 1:48am On Apr 22, 2018
Hello guys. I got this Luminous Zelio 1700 1.5 KvA inverter (LCD screen) and Two 200 Ah Batteries. (Photos below)

I will be using 2 fans, 2 - 5 energy saving bulbs (all not always on), 43" LG LED 4K TV, DStv Explora.

Those are the things that it will carry most times. To be honest, all i need on sometimes is my laptop and fan. Lol.

Anyways, How long do you think it will last for me on a full charge?

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by duwdu: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
Stanley08:
Hello guys. I got this Luminous Zelio 1700 1.5 KvA inverter (LCD screen) and Two 200 Ah Batteries. (Photos below)

I will be using 2 fans, 2 - 5 energy saving bulbs (all not always on), 43" LG LED 4K TV, DStv Explora.

Those are the things that it will carry most times. To be honest, all i need on sometimes is my laptop and fan. Lol.

In my layman's knowledge/opinion, you should not draw down deep cycle (particularly Lead-Acid) batteries by more than 50% of their total energy capacity before recharging them, to properly preserve battery life. In order words, aim to draw a maximum of 200Ah (200 amps FOR one hour) total from the two batteries combined.

Now, for 12v batteries, 200Ah will give a total energy or power of 200 x 12 Watt-Hours, or 2,400 Watts FOR one hour. (Watts = Amps x Volts.)

All you then need to figure out is the Watts rating of each of your components, so you can know or estimate for how long 2,400 Watts will run them in any combination.

For example, if your TV is rated 50 Watts, then you should aim to run it alone for 200 ÷ 50 = 4 hours, at full blast.

Watts required by separate equipment are simply additive.

(Please note: In order to not make things appear complicated, I left out the real world bit that, the inverter itself will "eat" out of your available Watt-Hours. This is because no inverter is 100% efficient in the process of converting DC power from the batteries to the AC power the inverter supplies to equipment.

AFAIK, inverters can be anything from 75-98% efficient.)

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Stanley08(m): 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
duwdu:

In my layman's knowledge/opinion, you should not draw down deep cycle (particularly Lead-Acid) batteries by more than 50% of their total energy capacity before recharging them, to properly preserve battery life. In order words, aim to draw a maximum of 200Ah (200 amps FOR one hour) total from the two batteries combined.

Now, for 12v batteries, 200Ah will give a total energy or power of 200 x 12 Watt-Hours, or 2,400 Watts FOR one hour. (Watts = Amps x Volts.)

All you then need to figure out is the Watts rating of each of your components, so you can know or estimate for how long 2,400 Watts will run them in any combination.

For example, if your TV is rated 50 Watts, then you should aim to run it alone for 200 ÷ 50 = 4 hours, at full blast.

(Please note: In order to not make things appear complicated, I left out the real world bit that, the inverter itself will "eat" out of your available Watt-Hours. This is because no inverter is 100% efficient in the process of converting DC power from the batteries to the AC power the inverter supplies to equipment.

Good luck.

P34c3

Cool. I understood nothing you said. I did try hard to latch on, but couldn't. Next post shows the inverter set up.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Stanley08(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
Stanley08:

Attached

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by whizcode: 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
Good day house please I need. A good inverter
Installer. In Abuja and environs preferably. Or if you can work. By proxy good and fine
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by darocha1: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
whizcode:
Installer. In Abuja and environs preferably. Or if you can work. By proxy good and fine

Let's chat
whatsapp 08137539988

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by foonshur(m): 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2018
whizcode:
Very good installers.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by earthrealm(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
duwdu:

Good luck.

P34c3

errrm thought it shud be the total wattage in the battery wch you calculated to be 2400w divided by the tv wattage of 50w, this will give you over 50hrs runtime, but in real woprld..you cant take out all the stored energy in the battery +inefficiencies..so its best to work with 60 to 80% = about 1400w , so about 30hrs runtime or so

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by duwdu: 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
earthrealm:

errrm thought it shud be the total wattage in the battery wch you calculated to be 2400w divided by the tv wattage of 50w, this will give you over 50hrs runtime, but in real woprld..you cant take out all the stored energy in the battery +inefficiencies..so its best to work with 60 to 80% = about 1400w , so about 30hrs runtime or so

The question was for two batteries total, (if you'll check the requester's original post) for a total capacity of 4800 Watts, hence my own more than one references to Both batteries, and 2400 Watts at 50% draw down from both batteries together. No?

P34c3
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by makavele: 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
duwdu:

, . . For example, if your TV is rated 50 Watts, then you should aim to run it alone for 200 ÷ 50 = 4 hours, at full blast.

FANTASTIC RUBBISH !!!

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by makavele: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
duwdu:

The question was for two batteries total, (if you'll check the requester's original post) for a total capacity of 4800 Watts, hence my own more than one references to Both batteries, and 2400 Watts at 50% draw down from both batteries together. No?

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2018
DROPSHIPPING AND ONLINE DELIVERY OF RENEWABLE ENERGY MATERIALS

MICROTECH INVERTER
1.1KVA,12V 50,000
1.6KVA/24V 75,000
3.6KVA/48V 170,000
5.5KVA/48V 340,000

MUST POWER STAR INVERTER

4kva 3000W 24V 220,000
4kva 3000W 48V 260,000
5kva 4000W 48V 350,000
6kva 5000W 48V 400,000
7.5kva 6000W 48V 450,000

HYBRID INVERTER
1KVA/12(30A 55,000
2KVA/24V50A 97,000
5KVA /48V 60A MPPT 300,000
7.5KVA /48V 60A MPPT 400,000
10KVA /48V 100A MPPT 750,000
15KVA /48V 120A MPPT 1,400,,000

BATTERY

ELSON BATTERY
ELSON BATTERY 12V/200AH 115,000

GLT BATTERY
GLT BATTERY 12V/100AH 45,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/150AH 65,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/200AH 90,000

ZEEDIX BATTERY
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/100AH 45,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/150AH 70,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/200AH 90,000

QUANTA BATTERY
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/100AH 70,000
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/150AH 98,000
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/200AH 135,000

BATTERY RACK
BATTERY RACK 2 BATTERY 15,000
BATTERY RACK 4 BATTERIES 30,000
BATTERY RACK 8 BATTERIES 50,000

CHARGE CONTROLLER ROY SOLAR SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 20,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 25,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) 50,000
30A 96v PWM controller (LCD) 120,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LCD) 95,000

FANGUNPSUN MPPT SERIES
30A 24V 50,000
60A 48v 150,000
70A 48v 170,000
80A 48v 180,000

JOY SOLAR PANEL
150w M-30,000
200w M-34,000
260w M-45,000
320w M-55,000

CANADIAN SOLAR PANEL

MONO-
290w. 65,000
330w. 75,000

POLY
270w. 45,000
2750w. 59,000

Bright Solar Power

Call-07058562938

WHATSSAP 08187995847

FOR PURCHASE/ DELIVERY NATIONWIDE

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (165) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.