Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:10 AM

Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit (445 Views)

Man Released From Ikoyi Prison After 7 Years For A Crime He Knew Nothing About / Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) / Clinton Kanu: Man Who Spent 27 Years In Jail For Crime He Didn't Commit Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by COdeGenesis: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2021
Dear Nairalander,

My cousin went to a nearby POS to do a deposit of N3,000 to his account. Due to network issues the transaction was unsuccessful. However, the POS attendant insisted he comes back and she kept the N3,000.

When he got to his house he noticed an alert of N9,000. He went back to the POS attendant and told her there was an excess of N6,000. She provided him with her boss' accountno so he can transfer the 6k but due to network issues it was unsuccessful. But the next day he sent the 6k to her boss account and the boss acknowledged he got the money.

On Monday the boss called my cousin that he wants to see him. Unknown to my cousin, his salesgirl had eloped with over N100,000 and he had informed the police that my cousin was having a relationship with his salesgirl. The boss further said my cousin connived with his sales girl to runaway with his N100,000.

My cousin was arrested by the police and forced to sign an agreement. The boss sent a mail to OPay also telling them to freeze my cousin's account even after he had paid the excess money to her. The police told my cousin he will pay a total of N40,0000. N20,000 to them and N20,000 to the boss. He paid N20,000 so he can be released.

After explaining the case to the boss of the girl and getting all the statements of account, the boss now realized my cousin was innocent. He sent a mail to Opay to unfreeze my cousin's account. Up till now the account has not been unfreezed. How do I get justice for my cousin and petition the investigating officer for not doing a thorough job? Thanks
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by WiszyFraud: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2021
shocked
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by Ezemarcel(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2021
Your cousin wooed the sales girl..

Thats what you get when you woo girls up and down
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by Boogyman557: 11:53am On Nov 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool REAL MATTERS. WTF MAN
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by COdeGenesis: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2021
Ezemarcel:

He didnt WOO the sales girl. He is an ORPHAN. He has nobody. He only told me 1 week after. He was a soft target for the POLICE to transfer the allegation to.
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by Mariangeles(f): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
Dis country ehn, na who first report to police dey innocent. undecided
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by Mariangeles(f): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ezemarcel:

Were you there?
Did you witness when he wooed the girl?
Even if he did, so what? Does that make him guilty?
Did he deserve to be arrested without evidence?
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by Torg77: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
COdeGenesis:

He didnt WOO the sales girl. He is an ORPHAN. He has nobody. He only told me 1 week after. He was a soft target for the POLICE to transfer the allegation to.

orphans don't like girls?? Mumu.
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by ZhanVeera(f): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Just get a lawyer,
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by LeeSantos(m): 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2021
Get a lawyer. A good one know what to do
Get the worth of the pos boss.
File a lawsuit for ₦1m or more.
If it goes out of court settlement still stick to min ₦1m
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by x2x2(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
LeeSantos:
Get a lawyer. A good one know what to do
Get the worth of the pos boss.
File a lawsuit for ₦1m or more.
If it goes out of court settlement still stick to min ₦1m
Op do this.. Your cousin can get good capital to start business from this case..
Intimidation too much for the poor in this country..
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by COdeGenesis: 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Torg77:

He has presented his statement of account. At no point did the girl send any money to him except the 9k.
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by SugarCake: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2021
Get a lawyer, ASAP
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by Ezemarcel(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2021
Torg77:

lol.....ophan no get dick my brother
Re: Help! My Cousin Is Being Detained By The POLICE For A Crime He Didn't Commit by fergieboy: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
To freeze account is very easy

But you see to unfreeze account

It’s too complicated

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Attacks Anglican Bishop Of Bida Diocese In His Hometown Kopa / Man 'detained' By Bees After Allegedly Stealing Ksh 2m(n7m) / Who Sabi Unity Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.