Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134640 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by atasteve: 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ the width of a stairway is supposed to be 4 feet wide and the lenght will depend on the plans of the house. I also like to create landing steps wide enough for two people to pass each other on the stairs with loads if possible. This is very essential especially in emergency situations.

Huuummmmmm, copied sir.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
spyder880:

@ Oga rastaman, yes most decking woods could be reused, like me, I am using some left over wood from my deck to do this upper lintel. I have sold more than 80 of the planks for N400 each.

Then , if there is no market for that. pls start saving them for me grin grin grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2011
Today, we are going to collect different quotes for various aspects of this deck. The carpenter will give me a quote for the parapet formation in front of the house. The iron bender will submit his quote and yes, I need an alternative quote on that job so we can know which is cheaper. The electrician will also submit his conduit wiring estimates and labor charge.
The next move will be made after I cut down the quotes and tim the estimates as much as I can. Man must haggle!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Demainman1: 11:55am On Aug 25, 2011
@Spyder and All, Please advice me. I am taking quotations for my burglary proof and staircase railings from different welders.

What would you consider a good material to do the burglary proof with? Is the 1" x 1" square pipe the standard material? When the guys say they are going to use a very high quality material what should I expect?

Will the square pipe rust easily? I am not on the ground to see what they are suggesting. I am looking for the best way to approach them when I am talking to them on the phone.

Rgds
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
How far, Sir?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
All kinds of haggling tactics at play here, these workmen are something else, still collecting quotes sha.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
spyder880:

All kinds of haggling tactics at play here, these workmen are something else, still collecting quotes sha.

You ave mail
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ok.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
Merci for the response
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
Thank you boss.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Kokopos(m): 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
Good work my bro. The Lord is your strength
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Aug 26, 2011
Kokopos:

Good work my bro. The Lord is your strength

Thank you.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
How are we doing today on the project?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2011
@spyder880,  thanks alot for this school masterminded by u.

Cero enrolment fees, no forms,No school fees, all questions answered friendly, and alot is learnt too,

Thank u again my teacher,

And all the classmate like me,

Kudos to everyone,

Everyday we learn,.

EZE still at school.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
Thank you Rastaman, you are a big source of encouragement.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
rastaman20:

@spyder880,  thanks alot for this school masterminded by u.

Cero enrolment fees, no forms,No school fees, all questions answered friendly, and alot is learnt too,

Thank u again my teacher,

And all the classmate like me,

Kudos to everyone,

Everyday we learn,.

EZE still at school.

Nice one
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
I went with the carpenter to buy the materials needed for the parapet porch in front of this house. We had to buy the special wood and take it to a machinist who carved the wood and formed it into the shapes we want to make.
Pictures later.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sometimes I go out and learn some tricks about areas I dont know much about. Some of my boys were doing a parapet roof in another site and I went there to learn how they do it. The carpenter in charge of this job is the same boy who did the lintel works for this duplex.
My carpenter is an expert with this parapet works, and he took me to this duplex he did, the house with a chocolate roof in the next few pictures. Later we went and bought materials for the duplex we are working on now.

Enjoy the pictures. grin grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
These are my men that did the lintel works on this duplex, they are working on a roof in another site and I paid them a surprise visit. These are their works.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2011
This is the machine that we use to form the curves, I was there with the carpenter as we watched the whole works.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
It was raining heavily all through this afternoon in Enugu but it didn't stop anything, we must keep moving, the machinist and all workers were busy working, strong country, poor populace!

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
More pictures will be shown on Sunday as I will visit the duplex site then. Wishing all of you a wonderful, fun filled, fantastic, fantabulous, cocastic and amazing weekend ahead! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2011
@spyder880, u are doing a wonderful job, pls sir, can u give us a clue about the price ?

Just a plus or minus price, so to have in mind should in case if someone want to have that type of design in his /her Mansion.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:11am On Aug 27, 2011
That is just beautiful . . . keep it up
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2011
@ Rastaman, for that parapet design under the chocolate coloured roof, my carpenter did the work for N180k, workmanship only. The materials, cement, wood, machining it to any design, rods, iron bender etc will not be more than 200k, so I think for a duplex, N380-400k can give you a good parapet design. There are many designs to choose from, trust our people to fabricate multiple shapes and unique sizes.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^^ but for the design to be fitted on the front porch like the one in this duplex in this thread, it will cost my client an additional N60-70k. This is because I have spent around 31k buying these wooden materials, planks, plywoods, polines and different nail sizes. The carpenter is doing the work with 25k, then the rods it will take may be in the region of N15k or so. The rods needed and iron bender labour has been factored into the quote I gave to my client fo the decking. Beautiful things are costly, but when you look back in a few months time, you will see that it is well worth it.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2011
@spyder880, thanks for those informations.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2011
Any action soon?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.