Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) (65150 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Butcher Man In Imo For Complaining About Cattle On His Farm / Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia / Security Agents Raid Kidnappers’ Den In Imo For Six Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Goodyness:

There is no rehab center greater than the village square. That’s the Igbo culture, it takes a village to raise a child.

Really?!!...

So, why are prostitution, armed robbery, thuggery, Fraud, and other vices on the rapid increase among kids raised in our villages across the nation?!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by BarrElChapo(m): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Viltron:
What's the difference between this and the Taliban?

What's the difference between your brain and that of a crayfish ?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Stupidquestions: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Sign of poverty.
Drugs that most politicians take to party and have fun with oloshos..lol
...Africa is dark.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Cerebellum: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Amaka and Drugs ehnnn... angry

2 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Itiaba007: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
U can't flog me for wat I used my money to get for consumption except if after taking it I start causing trouble then u can hand me over to police or NDLEA.just imagine me taking my stuffs in my house nd u come knocking on my door dat u want to flog me.besides majority of dem doing the flogging and snapping are drunkards,smokers, thieves and many more to mention.i wunt mention wat I will do if dis is done to me or any of my family member.

4 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by MyExpression(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Rydermaverick:

That's ignorance for you.. people lack understanding..they think flogging would make things better..

At that community level, it must have been announced that they should desist from it.
Na their fellow youths dey do am, no be strangers.
This is what was unanimously agreed at their meeting.
And I believe exception must have been given for whoever does it discreetly in his own abode...if someone decides to argue this part.

So fear is a good motivation to desist from building a bad habit, and serves as deterrent to younger ones.

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by omooba969(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
This is barbaric!
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by MyExpression(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Itiaba007:
U can't flog me for wat I used my money to get for consumption except if after taking it I start causing trouble then u can hand me over to police or NDLEA.just imagine me taking my stuffs in my house nd u come knocking on my door dat u want to flog me.besides majority of dem doing the flogging and snapping are drunkards,smokers, thieves and many more to mention.i wunt mention wat I will do if dis is done to me or any of my family member.

See comment above.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by izubext007: 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Wen they start using it to make money , I swear the whole village will join them in the trade . This is how Yahoo started, its was condemned and critised by many.

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Metsolo: 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
They should for the sellers and deal with them not d consumers oh..
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Numerouno94(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Timblogga:
it’s way better than petting them, till they run mad. That’s how drugs have destroyed many Northerners. Especially KD people and some parts of FCT.

And u tink flogging them will stop them from doin drugs? These re grown men not kids. This punishment will not stop the urge/craving for drugs cos they might b addicted. They need to b taken to a rehab center nd not this rubbish.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Parrot69: 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Barbarism at its peak

This will not stop them from taking whatever they are taking they will only not do it where they will be seen.

Enlightenment, rehabilitation and awareness was better
Bro, even the flogging is part of the enlightenment.
“Spare the rod and spoil the child’’

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by femixville(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

It's only in Igboland, a place where evil is frowned at and efforts made to correct things that the community comes together to punish their youths in a bid to save them from a societal evil as drug abuse. The method might not be the best, but it's a way of drawing attention to the evil called drug abuse.

Other parts of Nigeria would deny the drug use, ignore it or collect government money and embezzle it all in the name of lying to themselves. They will even give it religious interpretations or start trading blames like, "is it not yoruba people that sell our fulani boys drugs?"

Igboland is the best society in Africa.

I can't laff, keep deceiving people liking ur lopsided speech

2 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Boogyman557: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
MyExpression:

If you wan high legit, do am for your ap, no dey flaunt am for street anyhow.
You no code? Nwanne tune your 99.9fm na.
HOLLY GRAM cool ABOBI U DE CAPRISUN BY CAPRISUN. NA ABOBIS DEM GET STREET. DEM NO CAST ANY BODY NA. NA DER AMA DEM DE BLA DER HIGHNESS. I SWEAR ANY MANCHI WEY MANKOKO 4 MY PILOLO I GO JAZZ AM ENTER KUTOTO. WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Firstcitizen: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
They will migrate soon to Lagos to develop it with meth
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by omooba969(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

It's only in Igboland, a place where evil is frowned at and efforts made to correct things that the community comes together to punish their youths in a bid to save them from a societal evil as drug abuse. The method might not be the best, but it's a way of drawing attention to the evil called drug abuse.

Other parts of Nigeria would deny the drug use, ignore it or collect government money and embezzle it all in the name of lying to themselves. They will even give it religious interpretations or start trading blames like, "is it not yoruba people that sell our fulani boys drugs?"

You've really tried to justify the barbaric treatment of those helpless guys by using your tribal sentiment.

It's so clear that you don't know any different.

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Bmaster(m): 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Am so proud to be called igbo but we greedy die but apart from that oh!boy na igbo be best tribe for naija oh cool on a seriously note we are the most lovely tribe to be with and have peace of mind just that we like showing off too much grin cheesy
cry
Someone that talks from both sides of his mouth,aint talking nothing!

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by franklypaen: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
grin grin grin grin very barbaric but I swear dis guys no need rehab dem don flog mkpu vomit from their brain

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Boogyman557: 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=otipoju post=107493346][/quote] HOLLY GRAM cool NA WHO COME B CHIBOY AND ABOY AGAIN. ALTHOUGH E B LIKE SEY DAT NAME FACE SHOW BCUS ANY MANCHI WEY DE ANSWER DAT NAME DON BRUTER OBONI SUCIDE. WTF MAN
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by omooba969(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Parrot69:

Bro, even the flogging is part of the enlightenment.
“Spare the rod and spoil the child’’

Nonsense
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Damzy624(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by sammirano2: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Barbaric people. Na we Yorubas manage civilize few of them. Yucks
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by DEROX: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

jeez who dosent know the highest dealers of hard drugs in AFRICA i mean AFRICA

2 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by almarthins(m): 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

E dey tire me when pple go come online come dey beat chest. Igbo this Igbo that...I grow up in Southwest precisely iyana ipaja,Lagos way back in the 80s/90s. Way back den if u do anything wrong like stealing, fighting b4 ur mama come back na d neighbors go first hold u give beta beating b4 ur mama and papa come back. Then u no fit look elder in the eyes onces self until "no touch my pikin syndrome" took over. Then women wey wear trouser dem frown at am, if u wear trouser den na ashawo go be ur surname. Boy wey dey smoke na omo buruku. U can't smoke openly self. Weeds no common like we have it now. Na those garage boys or outcaste dey smoke weeds and na under bridge Dem dey do am.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Ever8090: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

why is it taking the Igbo land long to deal with the issue of every family having one international drug dealer, child trafficker, one baby factory each in every compound?..abi those ones no be crime?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
BarrElChapo:

What's the difference between your brain and that of a crayfish ?
. Crayfish are economically useful. You nutjobs are becoming nuisance home and away.

All the people flogging those lads are distributors of the same drugs.. no be Ndigbo again?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Elidrisy20: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
Abeg watin be this MKpuru and Nmiri?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by shogsman(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
So now, how are you sure they will stop after being flogged?

Meth is wrong, and this is wrong as well. Very babaric something.
You obviously don't know how dangerous drug abuse is,you think we are talking about white collar crime here,if public disgrace can make them stop they should be beaten day in day out.
The Taliban in Afghanistan are rounding up drug addicts and forcing them to go to rehab, foolish western media will claim they are abusing their rights when in reality force is what is needed to curb drug menace.
If you have ever lost a family to an overdose you'd get it
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
Honestly, drug abuse is alien in Igboland. I was saddened at the news of growing drug abuse in SE. Igbo men have other things worrying them, taking drugs or pursuing woman upandan is the least of them.

Flogging them like this isn’t the way to go. This issue of drug abuse should be tackled o. The way youths are abusing drugs now is scary.

2 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by chloride6: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
Isn't this what those Alfa does in the North and we criticise them?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by samwillyco1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
Allow them to enjoy since you people cannot flog our Politicians for all round flop, looting, killings and infastructural decay in the State
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by hammer567: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Youtuber Kills Pregnant Lover On Live-stream As Viewers Pay Him To Abuse Her(Pix / Ikorodu Robber And Rapist, Baddo Arrested / How Late Don Wanny Got To Be Nigeria’s Deadliest And Most Wanted Cultist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.