Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim (4709 Views)

Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja / 52 Textile Companies Reopens After 10 Years, 25000 New Jobs Created / 195,534 Jobs Created Through Contracts In 2012 – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2011
in a broadcast dis evening @ orient fm, rochas okorocha suspends the jobs created by former gov. Ikedi ohakim administration. So whats the fate of the employed graduates?
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by tonesky(m): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
I thought Rochas claimed he has presidential ambition,he has already killed it.Ohakim knew how he would have managed the whole issue,Owele would have been proactive in dealing with unemployed graduates by devising a beta solution when the present administration is shouting of creating jobs,he is busy increasing unemployment. In less than a week in office he has emerged the worst governor so far and this singular has already rubished every other good thing he has in mind for the imolites.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by tonesky(m): 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2011
I thought Rochas claimed he has presidential ambition,he has already killed it.Ohakim knew how he would have managed the whole issue,Owele would have been proactive in dealing with  unemployed graduates by devising a beta solution when the present administration is shouting of creating jobs,he is busy increasing unemployment. In less than a week in office he has emerged the worst governor so far and this singular has already rubished every other good thing he has in mind for the imolites.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by olabukola: 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
Two of na the same person
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Sunofgod(m): 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
Robbing 'Paul' to pay back 'Peter', cheesy cheesy

His rash irresponsible decisions will be his downfall.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Ngodigha: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
What he created were ghost workers. Some of them had no offices, tables, no job descriptions but are been paid from your Imo state pulse. It is just a mere suspension and to be reviewed later. I may not be from Imo state but give Rochas a chance please.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Ibime(m): 12:22am On Jun 07, 2011
Reading the grammar of some of Ohakims "job beneficiaries" who campaigned for him on NL, I am happy that Rochas has cancelled the visionless political stunt set up by Ohakim to buy some cheap votes. Lest we forget, Ohakim only revived those 10000 jobs a few weeks to election having duped the prospective applicants of their administration fees 2 years ago.

Of what use are jobs which are not productive? Perhaps the only supporter of Ohakim's aimless job scheme would be proponents of Keynesian stimuli theory, as the only societal benefit of those unproductive jobs was to stimulate consumption.

I have no doubt that Rochas would create meaningful jobs to replace these useless jobs.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by DisGuy: 2:22am On Jun 07, 2011
You guys didnt even wait for him to explain, you just heard on radio blah blah

tonesky:

I thought Rochas claimed he has presidential ambition,he has already killed it.Ohakim knew how he would have managed the whole issue,Owele would have been proactive in dealing with  unemployed graduates by devising a beta solution when the present administration is shouting of creating jobs,he is busy increasing unemployment. In less than a week in office he has emerged the worst governor so far and this singular has already rubished every other good thing he has in mind for the imolites.

so paying N2000 for the forms itself is not a bad thing?
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 4:36am On Jun 07, 2011
the truth is dat some of the youth were employed since november and somebody is saying that it was a few weeks to election? Pls let us be factual, the test was also conducted last year by kpmg. So did someone said two years ago? This is nt a matter of supporters but a matter of facts. He should better review it. Cos some ppl have resign their jobs cos of it. Rochas should be truthful,trustful and show us his capabilities of been a leader and nt a noise maker
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Mynd44: 4:39am On Jun 07, 2011
You guys need to asses the situation form his point  of view. For a state that gets 2.2 Billion per month with a wage budget of 1.9 Billion definitely some hands has to go else he is going to achieve noting as the Governor
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by houvest: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2011
Which ones? The 10,000 employment letters Ohakim signed few day to his hand-over? You 419 Ohakim campaigners have come again. Una no wan hide? EFCC is on the way.

tonesky:

I thought Rochas claimed he has presidential ambition,he has already killed it.Ohakim knew how he would have managed the whole issue,Owele would have been proactive in dealing with unemployed graduates by devising a beta solution when the present administration is shouting of creating jobs,he is busy increasing unemployment. In less than a week in office he has emerged the worst governor so far and this singular has already rubished every other good thing he has in mind for the imolites.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by 1025: 10:19am On Jun 07, 2011
i just called my sister now and they are all at the state house of assembly where the inauguration of the house is supposed to be taking place now.
can rochas fight this war alone? can he stand the evils of pdp? can imo state work under this madness? these and more unanswered questions will be unviel in a few weeks/months.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by sirjec(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2011
What job did Ohakim create is the first question
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2011
i was gven my letter of employment in november and nt few weeks to the end of antones tenure. So get ur fact before vominting rubbish.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by pokur: 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2011
@dozieson
What was your job description,if i may ask?.
Dozieson:

i was gven my letter of employment in november and nt few weeks to the end of antones tenure. So get your fact before vominting rubbish.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Poster, yes, what was your job description? Like Where did you actually work? What have you done since you got your letter since last November? When did you resume work?

I mean if we need to fight this, we need as much information from you as possible -- tell the world your own side of the story.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Seun(m): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2011
What is the nature of these jobs? That's what I also want to know.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
was posted to ADP under the ministry of agriculture as a civil servant. Wk with the director of engineering to ensure that agricultural equipment and other materials required for substainable agriculture in the is available to farmers, supervise the distribution of fertilizers etc
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by freezy(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2011
Could you please let us know your KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)?
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by pokur: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Poster
If truly you were posted to work in an agency under the ministry of agricultureas a civil servant,then you've been had.Constitutionally,only the state civil service commission can employ civil servants and deal with their job description,postings,evaluations and such.
As it is,you were never employed by the goverment of Imo state.
Dozieson:

was posted to ADP under the ministry of agriculture as a civil servant. Wk with the director of engineering to ensure that agricultural equipment and other materials required for substainable agriculture in the is available to farmers, supervise the distribution of fertilizers etc
Dozieson:

Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
i was interviewed by the state civil service commission, headed by the head of sevice in august last year
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by pokur: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Poster
I thought you said the tests were conducted by KPMG or did i miss something?.
Anyhow,if you have a letter of appointment from the civil service commission,then you might have a case.If not,like i wrote earlier,you've been had.
Dozieson:

the truth is dat some of the youth were employed since november and somebody is saying that it was a few weeks to election? Pls let us be factual, the test was also conducted last year by kpmg. So did someone said two years ago? This is nt a matter of supporters but a matter of facts. He should better review it. Cos some ppl have resign their jobs cos of it. Rochas should be truthful,trustful and show us his capabilities of been a leader and nt a noise maker
-[b][/b]
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
kpmg conducted the test in may last year and the interview was conducted by the state civil service commission. And the appointment letter was from the state civil service commission
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2011
What do you intend to do at this point? Where you getting your regular pay from when you were hired?
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
yes the pay was regular until rochas freezed the the account of imo state. So am being owed two months outstanding. Anyways am going back to lag for hursling as usual
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
Dozieson:

yes the pay was regular until rochas freezed the the account of imo state. So am being owed two months outstanding. Anyways am going back to lag for hursling as usual

Pull the brakes. You mean you are just going to let this go? You were legally hired, and laid off just like that and you don't even care to demand you at least get full payment for your time spent working? Why did you even bother to open the thread? shocked shocked
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by udezue(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
Necessary move to make. Up Rochas!!!
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
what can i do? Fight rochas? Already youths are protesting in owerri. But i need to move on for nw and if anything come out from the struggle, mayb i would find my way back
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by paulo882: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Dozieson, you are an outright lier ! they so called ppl that Ohakim employed have not been paid for any of the work they did. It is more than 6 months now !

I am not even sure any of the things you claim is true. You are just one of Ohakim thugs trying to rubbish Rochas.

These jobs by Ohakim is a fraud ! and personally I think Imo State has an overbloated public sector workforce, going forward Rochas needs to cut this down by removing ghost workers and unproductive/duplicate roles within the ministries, also executives in the ministries will have to take pay cuts. How can a small state like Imo spend N1.9billion per month on public sector wages alone ?

Dozieson, you  better go back to lag and start hussling cos we have no place for unproductive jobs within the public sector in Imo
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^ Do you have any proof of the claims you have made so far? Or are you yourself an anti-Ohakim dog with a lot of bite and not much else? If you have solid evidence to counter the @Poster's claims, please present it. Insults only show you a noisemaker.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by 3dhunter(m): 2:48am On Jun 08, 2011
two people i know that got the job says that they have not been paid any salary. one said that her appointment letter is a photocopy, duly signed
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by intelligen(m): 3:52am On Jun 08, 2011
This is gettng interestng!no comments 4 nw.i nd to think.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What’s Haunting Benue Governorship Tribunal? / Peter Obi's Handover Note To Obiano, I Challenge Akpabio To Publish Same / David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.