Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? (33728 Views)

Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2021
bepositive11:
What is love?
From the article I posted to you earlier from Psychology today undecided
The concept of unconditional love has tremendous appeal because it’s what we so desire. The whole notion that we should rise above whatever they do or don’t do is a set up for a diminishment of love. The idea that we should love unconditionally can contribute to glossing over issues that need to be frankly addressed so that excellent love can be established. I am fond of the idea of striving for an excellent love where we stay in conversation with a spirit of goodwill, to more and more deeply understand what does and does not work.

People can feel bad about themselves when they don’t think they have unconditional love to give. They may end up feeling that there is something important that other people have that they don’t and that they are missing out. If we can trust that we have a love that is huge, deep, and fabulous, but that we have some conditions, that certainly can be enough. When the conditions that we do have are abundantly met, it’s celebration time. But if, for any reason, they aren’t being met, over time, the substrate of love that is the foundation of a relationship will erode.

The idea of unconditional love is associated with no boundaries. Why would anyone want to have no boundaries? Many of us have worked long and hard over many years to negotiate for our needs by establishing clear boundaries. We’ve created a set of agreements with those we love to keep our relationships safe and strong. Why would we want to dismiss all those skillful negotiations? With unconditional love, there is an implication that one partner can be selfish and have their needs met, and that they can be fully loved even if they behave badly.
Try to find time to read through the entire article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/stronger-the-broken-places/202101/the-myth-unconditional-love%3famp
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bepositive11: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
From the article I posted to you earlier from Psychology today undecided
Try to find time to read through the entire article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/stronger-the-broken-places/202101/the-myth-unconditional-love%3famp

Thanks for sharing
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=godblessuyirich post=107502828][/quote]

Na your pix dey for ur profile?
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Blablamalala:

Na your pix dey for ur profile?
...Lol. Why you dey ask? Looks like TG abi?
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Simran94:

See, I can't say your wife isn't in love with you oo but believe me every mother loves their children more than their spouses. Most women won't admit it because they don't want to offend their husbands, sometimes women say and do things to please them.

See, what makes women attracted to men? Money, physical looks, Wealth, Attraction and all sort but remove all of this from a man and see if a woman will stay. Just recently a story about a guy who became crippled after he was beaten up by a senior in school made FTC, he said he's girlfriend actually Left him after he became crippled, we have seen women who left their husbands because of lack of money or disabilities and all. On the other hand, A woman can give birth to a child with disabilities, and she will still love that child and stay by the child all through!!!

Then it's common sense for men to choose their mothers over their wives.

I don't get why women act up when this happens, it's just common sense.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
theForth:
Then it's common sense for men to choose their mothers over their wives.

I don't get why women act up when this happens, it's just common sense.
It isn't commonsense! Instead it is simply what some men do. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It isn't commonsense! Instead it is simply what some men do. undecided

I guess you didn't read the person I quoted.

Why would I choose to love someone whose love for me is conditional more than a mother whose love is unconditional??
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
theForth:
I guess you didn't read the person I quoted.

Why would I choose to love someone whose love for me is conditional more than a mother whose love is unconditional??
Humans are incapable of loving each other unconditionally - this is a known fact. undecided

You choosing your mother over your wife is a choice you make since you want to believe in the myth of unconditional love. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Humans are incapable of loving each other unconditionally - this is a known fact. undecided

You choosing your mother over your wife is a choice you make since you want to believe in the myth of unconditional love. undecided

I am not gonna argue with you about unconditional love, but if I am to choose who'll stick with me when I am "incapacitated", I'd choose my mother.

Thank you
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
theForth:
I am not gonna argue with you about unconditional love, but if I am to choose who'll stick with me when I am "incapacitated", I'd choose my mother.

Thank you
Because you believe you have such a mother then. Not everyone has such a mother though. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Ask theforth if he is the only child of his mother as if the mother does not have a favourite child and if she faces a dilemma between her kids she may not pick one over the other.

I agree with you that no love is unconditional not even the love of mothers that is the lie these women basers in Nigeria like to tell themselves why can't their fathers love them unconditionally too cheesy. They're quick to use that line to pit mothers-in-law against their daughters-in law

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price / Things A Female Should Never Do For Love / My Friend's Wife Always Loves Calling Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.