Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? (33679 Views)

Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

You will still open thread to seek advice when he start buying pant and bra for your househelp/nanny.. grin
See ehn no husband can or will ever try that with me, I will never allow such see finish, its part of the reason I advise women on one thread like that to make sure they create some fears in their husbands so that his brain will always be reminding him not to try rubbish with you.Cheat wey he wan cheat,na under my roof he wan dy do am,abeg make I no talk jor.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by redcliff: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
wordapostle:
I had that issue after my first child, after 8 years of 3 children I've learnt to live with that. I think it is just in mothers to behave that way. I just pray to God for grace to continually provide for family rather than start shouting of less attention, time, love or meat lol grin grin

What has really helped me to get loved as much as my children is helping my wife love the children in little things in the way she understands as love, like helping with assignments, play time, bathing them, feeding them, outing, shopping and going to bank, my children like going to bank maybe because from bank we usually branch shop rite or buy toys that will be lost or damaged the next day.

Husbands are babies to their wives until the real babies come you will know your real position. It may continue this way until your children are grown and leaves your house, then your wife can come back to you.

But some are not not this way. My wife loves and cares for me so much but she puts extra when it's the children maybe just maybe because because they are children

nothing correct pass that second paragraph...e deyturn them on shege

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by crackhaus: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

Children are better off when their parents value each other more.
It creates a more happy and healthy environment for them (the children).
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

Likely out of spite o kwa ya?
Ndi umu nwoke na dikari petty. cheesy
Not spite o...Few men do the spite thing...

Most cases is a case of nature filling the vacuum....I saw a thread a lady said her FIL impregnated her nanny..Those things are natural..Women don't know men will keep being boys even at advanced stage..They also need the love and care....Ignoring him because of kids is huge mistake that can bite back...Especially an active confident man..

Ya bia jiri zie ego, forget another woman will notice him and fill the vacuum.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nnemuka:
Why do men prefer their mums over their wives?
If you can answer the above then we can answer your question.
It is all psychological in nature and these problems will always be here to stay until people start to openly and more honestly broach them. It is unhealthy for a woman's identity to be wrapped around her being a mother... it is not good for the children, and definitely not the marriage either. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
AfroKnight:

Nah. You can’t escape this one. Come and sit down. Make I serve you cold beer.

I'm nut a child of the world, the Blessed Virgin be with you. lipsrsealed I don't take beers- whether cold, hot, lukewarm and melted, by the special Grace of God. May He be with you as you enjoy alone.

Shalom, Brotha.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by oshonwambada: 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
wordapostle:
I had that issue after my first child, after 8 years of 3 children I've learnt to live with that. I think it is just in mothers to behave that way. I just pray to God for grace to continually provide for family rather than start shouting of less attention, time, love or meat lol grin grin

What has really helped me to get loved as much as my children is helping my wife love the children in little things in the way she understands as love, like helping with assignments, play time, bathing them, feeding them, outing, shopping and going to bank, my children like going to bank maybe because from bank we usually branch shop rite or buy toys that will be lost or damaged the next day.

Husbands are babies to their wives until the real babies come you will know your real position. It may continue this way until your children are grown and leaves your house, then your wife can come back to you.

But some are not not this way. My wife loves and cares for me so much but she puts extra when it's the children maybe just maybe because because they are children

long epistle
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

He'll be over you by then.
But he should understand that children comes with a lot of sacrifices.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Pregift(f): 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
This case is a natural phenomenon. I love and care for my kids more than my husband. Initially I thought it was bcs they were babies but now they are teenagers. Its still the same. I love my husband but I love my children more bcs, to me personally. The love a woman has for her kids are unconditionally natural. But the love she has for her husband, has a reason at first before she accepted to marry him it's neither bcs of his wealth, intelligence, physical structure etc. But the love for the kids has no reason she loves them naturally. This is my case.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by IMASTEX: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:

I dunno.
In my own case the bond I share with my kids is far more solid and stronger in quantum than the one I share with my husband.

Sometimes sef,I dey even forget say I get husband.

Pls nobody should quote me oh,I have gone to buy paracetamol.
grin grin grin More reasons they should quote you at bolded.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by oshonwambada: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
SmileDance:
Because husband is not a blood relative
Because children won't divorce them

Nobody should quote me o I have not eaten
lolzzzz
u are right
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Gee64:
Children need more care than Daddy.

When the children come, Daddy stops s*cking and let the rightful owners take charge.
The children therefore deserve more of Mummy's attention.
Wrong! Children equally need and desire the love of their fathers as well but because of these unhealthy habits people form, it has almost become the norm in African marriages to assume children need their mothers more. undecided

And what's worse, is that women continue to wrap identities around their children in turn without minding the devastating consequences such behaviors have on the children and the marriages. . undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
abobote:
Coz they are the only one that enjoy their children's wealth at old age
It is a psychological problem that is also indicator that the marriage relationship is not a healthy one. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

Children are better off when their parents value each other more.
It creates a more happy and healthy environment for them (the children).
Only few women know this...

Ones couples see themselves as first before kids, That family is bonded for life...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by matm: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
SmileDance:
Because husband is not a blood relative Because children won't divorce them

Nobody should quote me o I have not eaten
Pls try and eat next time before posting
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Mariangeles(f): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

grin grin

Humans have little or no patience....

This is why these fathers at old age will still be doing small away match.. grin

Ndi agadi gwuoga ofe. grin
Ihe ihere.

Women of these modern age should have a re-orientation..Your hubby is your main main...Children are secondary after popori cheesy...Who will still have their own lives to live.

Fathers too need to be hands on with the children, so that they could both be done and have time for each other at the end of the day.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
But he should understand that children comes with a lot of sacrifices.
Then, the man that did they fertilisation will collect Aaron's position abii grin
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
shegun854:

I think this is normal
Woman give 80% on there kids 10% for her husband 10% for herself
It isnt normal at all. Instead this psychological problem has become so rampant that it is now considered a norm among African woman.
A women is first a human before she is a wife and a mother and so it is unhealthy for her identity to be wrapped around her marriage or her kids. And this is also unhealthy for the kids as well. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
AfroKnight:

Actually, men love their wives more than their kids.
.... Not all bro.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Lokojatoofar: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:
Hello fellow-Nairalanders!
Please is it correct to conclude that most women tend to value their children more than their own husbands (I don't mean 'baby daddies')?
If it's correct then what could be responsible?

Shouldn't you join her and value them more than yourself?
Anyways, your culture through the years have made your women understand that their men are not theirs alone. So your women naturally realize that their kids are the only reward they get from marriage. They can expect to be loved u conditionally by their children, they feel secure knowing that if they invest all their energy on their children, they have not laboured in vain unlike if they invest it in a man who can after 25yrs fall for one small girls kayanmata chicken.
Its a thing subconsciously inbuilt in your women. They are investing the bulk of theor energy where they believe they will not lose

On the other hand, take her role for 6 months straight and see if you will remember to baby any adult at the end of a hard days work. As the man you are an adult and should join her in raising those kids. If the burden is reduced, she will be under less stress and have some extra time for you as you will have for her too. Stop adding to the womans workload, be an adult and help around the house.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is not normal.. it is the norm in most African families but is not normal at all. undecided
..... Ok. Then I go with the norm
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Smh

Nigerian husbands are suffering...If I have a wife with this mindset, I will go polygamy As simple as that. lipsrsealed
First of, having a wife with this mindset is indicator that the marriage is in a bad state. How does marrying other wives help make this better if they all end up the same way? undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simple,

The bond between the child(ren) and the mother is stronger than anything.

But then, there could be exception to that..
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Johnbullirabor7(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Awesome
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
AntiWailer:
Lol.
The children are hands full.
You have no idea until she leave them with u to av a nice time one of these days.
U go run mad.
Leave her alone
Your own kids shouldn't be a handful to you. You should know how to appropriately spend time with your own children and enjoy their company at it. That is how you build a good marriage and a good family at that. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by WoundedLamb: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
I'm surprised you had to ask. Nothing comes close to the love between a mother and her child. It's simply nature as the same applies to many animals as well. This has little to do with the personality. It's not even a conscious decision. Besides, it's simply logical to care more about a child who can't care for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First of, having a wife with this mindset is indicator that the marriage is in a bad state. How does marrying other wives help make this better if they all end up the same way? undecided
.... 90% of the wives have this mindset.

So does it mean all this homes or marriages are in bad state?
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Ok. Then I go with the norm
You are no different from the majority of Nigerians in that. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Only few women know this...

Ones couples see themselves as first before kids, That family is bonded for life...

Anytime my mom visits me, she's always eager to return to her husband (my father). Both of them love each other a little too much.

This is why I love and respect them. This an idea of love I can confidently relate to, not the fact that I was breastfed and carried in the womb for 9 months. FFS, I don't know a single thing about my time in the womb. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
.... 90% of the wives have this mindset.

So does it mean all this homes or marriages is in bad state?
Yes! undecided

And the proof is as you see it in the people. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Bamzyriches451: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
It's a normal thing, una don see each other finish, it also happen the other way round. Husband loving his children more than his wife

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
See ehn no husband can or will ever try that with me, I will never allow such see finish, its part of the reason I advise women on one thread like that to make sure they create some fears in their husbands so that his brain will always be reminding him not to try rubbish with you.Cheat wey he wan cheat,na under my roof he wan dy do am,abeg make I no talk jor.
Lol...drink water and chill.

You see that man you think you have caged, And he is dancing to your tune, If he is fed up, your name will be sorry..

Na same man go rent and furnish apartment for another woman and still have kids with her while taking all your excesses..

What a man want to do, is always buried deep in his heart..Just frustrate his peace of mind and see the dirty side of him...Either intentional or unintentional..Maybe by surprise grin

Be the peace of mind to whoever comes to marry you...If not this world will be hell.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

3,000 Applicant Screened For Gombe Mass Wedding / The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet / Father Of Twins Abandoned At Lagos Hospital Vows Not To Take Their Mother Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.