Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? (33715 Views)

Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nicepoker(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
When I start having children, I pray I remember my husband that time.
You are already 60.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Yes! undecided

And the proof is as you see it in the people. undecided
..... Meaning marriages are not working then.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Virusvetty: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
Because most of them married ones that were available for marriage and not ones they love

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
SmartPolician:
It's natural for most women probably because of the blood connection they have with their children. OP raised an important point: Children need more attention because they cannot help themselves but fathers are adults.
Lastly, I won't fail to add that women are somewhat selfish and self-centered.
If you want to learn nature's way of doing things, observe other animals, not just the humans around you. undecided

Yes, it is natural for children to need more care but that care is meant to come from both parents and not just the one. What the OP describe is instead a psychological problem that many women and wives struggle with, and many live in denial of. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Johel(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:
Hello fellow-Nairalanders!
Please is it correct to conclude that most women tend to value their children more than their own husbands (I don't mean 'baby daddies')?
If it's correct then what could be responsible?

They never loved their husbands genuinely,they got married either because of escaping poverty, marrying to quit wayward lifestyle totally or partially, marrying because of wealth and power, or marrying becos of children or some other personal desire....but trust me,85% of these women never married out of genuine love...That's why they love their children,their family and friends even more than their husbands....Las Las...woman need man as man need woman too...Let love lead. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by EmptyGarden(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
Klass99:

You made me smile, I like your candour and narrative.
Some years ago, my classmate posted a very enlightening video about this in our Whatsapp Group.
It's a video I wish I had saved through the years. It will make a meaningful impact on wives and parents.
Na so e dey start o. Make I no talk.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Harrynight(m): 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
bigjackass:
Why do fathers prefer their children over their wives?

This hardly happens, but women prefering their children to their husbands is very common
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by BafanaBafana: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Naturalist point of view
It's biology. Nature encourages continuity of life, that's why sex is pleasurable. Children need care and attention to grow and that's one reason why kids are naturally cute. You wanna touch them, carry them, feed them,
Mothers hence are biologically wired to give utmost attention to children
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Mariangeles(f): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Only few women know this...

Ones couples see themselves as first before kids, That family is bonded for life...

Exactly.

When couple put the kids first, they tend to use the kids to get at each other in a subtle kind of way, instead of addressing those minor issues. And that is how things escalate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by chii8(f): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
wordapostle:
I had that issue after my first child, after 8 years of 3 children I've learnt to live with that. I think it is just in mothers to behave that way. I just pray to God for grace to continually provide for family rather than start shouting of less attention, time, love or meat lol grin grin

What has really helped me to get loved as much as my children is helping my wife love the children in little things in the way she understands as love, like helping with assignments, play time, bathing them, feeding them, outing, shopping and going to bank, my children like going to bank maybe because from bank we usually branch shop rite or buy toys that will be lost or damaged the next day.

Husbands are babies to their wives until the real babies come you will know your real position. It may continue this way until your children are grown and leaves your house, then your wife can come back to you.

But some are not not this way. My wife loves and cares for me so much but she puts extra when it's the children maybe just maybe because because they are children

You are a good man and husband.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Then, the man that did they fertilisation will collect Aaron's position abii grin
lol well,an understanding man will understand
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by KLand(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
When a husband doesn't give maximum attention and affection to the wife, she tends to divert the attention and affection due to her husband to the children.

Advice: Spouses should not love their children more than their husband/wife.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
Acidosis:

Anytime my mom visits me, she's always eager to return to her husband (my father). Both of them love each other a little too much.

This is why I love and respect them. This an idea of love I can confidently relate to, not the fact that I was breastfed and carried in the womb for 9 months. FFS, I don't know a single thing about my time in the womb.
That eager to return home and be with her hubby is the real deal.

This is just typical of my parents...Growing up, they both keep cancelling transfers in their respective jobs, so they won't be away from eachother...It happened to extent it caused my dad his job, God willing things normalised years after..

Now tell me how I will hear issues like this as a grown up, I won't tripple my love for both.

Growing up till now, my mom love I and my brothers equally...Nothing she won't do for us...But, my Dad comes first..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Smh

Nigerian husbands are suffering...If I have a wife with this mindset, I will go polygamy As simple as that. lipsrsealed

Lol you are only creating more problems and headache for yourself all In the name of getting back at her. Last last, Na you go feel the HEAT pass. Your Wives can even collabo to exterminate you. My eyes don see for this life abeg.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by ufotty2001: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:
There's a spiritual bond btw mothers and their kids.
now!! Now!! You have brought about spiritual issue here.. people like you are filled up in Shiloh living Faith church.. what about bond between husband and wife or husband and children...!!!
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by jaxxy(m): 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:
Please is it correct to conclude that most women tend to value their children more than their own husbands (I don't mean 'baby daddies')?

Definite prefer in this context?? undecided

Marriages are different and the dynamics and dating and intimacy periods are different. So if a woman has a child how she treats u afterwards is a factor of the how the pre baby Times was spent and the duration.

Obviously the woman needs time to recover from the child bearing scares or stress and then she needs time to focus on the new born baby to where he/she is stable enough. Bt if after kids are stable like 2/4 years and above and she prefers the children then that’s because u don’t understand how she thinks.

Many men don’t know their partners so well, they just see they like each other and start dating and next marriage and babies. Anything in between they don’t know. So when issues pop up they are very confused by their partners actions and don’t even know how to address it correctly.

ahnie:

I dunno.
In my own case the bond I share with my kids is far more solid and stronger in quantum than the one I share with my husband.

Sometimes sef,I dey even forget say I get husband.

Pls nobody should quote me oh,I have gone to buy paracetamol.

This makes no sense unless u have issues with ur husband just say so. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by chiomzy86(f): 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:

Because they take solace in loving their children when hubby start to waka with side chick...some don't hv time to confront.they will focuse on their children their source of joy.. note not 100% before u come quoting me.some men are good yet gets treated that way

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Vad123: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
So shall it be..
Iyaebe:
When I start having children, I pray I remember my husband that time.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by jericco1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:
There's a spiritual bond btw mothers and their kids.

There's nothing spiritual about it abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
Johel:
They never loved their husbands genuinely,they got married either because of escaping poverty, marrying to quit wayward lifestyle totally or partially, marrying because of wealth and power, or marrying becos of children or some other personal desire....but trust me,85% of these women never married out of genuine love...That's why they love their children,their family and friends even more than their husbands....Las Las...woman need man as man need woman too...Let love lead. smiley
So do the husbands in those cases marry for genuine love then if such refuses to be actively involved in the raising of the children in such situations? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Klass99(f): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
BafanaBafana:
Naturalist point of view
It's biology. Nature encourages continuity of life, that's why sex is pleasurable. Children need care and attention to grow and that's one reason why kids are naturally cute. You wanna touch them, carry them, feed them,
Mothers hence are biologically wired to give utmost attention to children
Rubbish! This is not biology but a psychological problem on the part of the women who behave in such a manner. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
KLand:
When a husband doesn't give maximum attention and affection to the wife, she tends to divert the attention and affection due to her husband to the children.

Advice: Spouses should not love their children more than their husband/wife.
Indeed it is a psychological problem and not something worth celebrating in any way. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

That eager to return home and be with her hubby is the real deal.

This is just typical of my parents...Growing up, they both keep cancelling transfers in their respective jobs, so they won't be away from eachother...It happened to extent it caused my dad his job, God willing things normalised years after..

Now tell me how I will hear issues like this as a grown up, I won't tripple my love for both.

Growing up till now, my mom love I and my brothers equally...Nothing she won't do for us...But, my Dad comes first..

I hope more people will come to realize this fact.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol...drink water and chill.

You see that man you think you have caged, And he is dancing to your tune, If he is fed up, your name will be sorry..

Na same man go rent and furnish apartment for another woman and still have kids with her while taking all your excesses..

What a man want to do, is always buried deep in his heart..Just frustrate his peace of mind and see the dirty side of him...Either intentional or unintentional..Maybe by surprise grin

Be the peace of mind to whoever comes to marry you...If not this world will be hell.
All this will not happen if I marry a reasonable and matured man,he will help you grow out of your shortcomings. I know very well the story of Yobo and Adaeze and i can tell you it was Yobo who made that marriage work.Adaeze was a huge problem but Yobo was patient and matured enough to know she'll grow and become calm and that's how it later turned out to be.I'll not marry a man that'll dish it back same way I dish it to him,reason I don't give face to small boys(18-35).

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
ufotty2001:
now!! Now!! You have brought about spiritual issue here.. people like you are filled up in Shiloh living Faith church.. what about bond between husband and wife or husband and children...!!!
Nigerians are very quick with labeling psychological problems as spiritual ones for some weird reasons. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Arieljay(f): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=Mofun post=107496417]Hello fellow-Nairalanders!

[/quote
Its A normal sturv���
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by godblessuyirich(f): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
wordapostle:
I had that issue after my first child, after 8 years of 3 children I've learnt to live with that. I think it is just in mothers to behave that way. I just pray to God for grace to continually provide for family rather than start shouting of less attention, time, love or meat lol grin grin

What has really helped me to get loved as much as my children is helping my wife love the children in little things in the way she understands as love, like helping with assignments, play time, bathing them, feeding them, outing, shopping and going to bank, my children like going to bank maybe because from bank we usually branch shop rite or buy toys that will be lost or damaged the next day.

Husbands are babies to their wives until the real babies come you will know your real position. It may continue this way until your children are grown and leaves your house, then your wife can come back to you.

But some are not not this way. My wife loves and cares for me so much but she puts extra when it's the children maybe just maybe because because they are children
GOD BLESS AND KEEP UR HOME SIR

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
chiomzy86:
Because they take solace in loving their children when hubby start to waka with side chick...some don't hv time to confront.they will focuse on their children their source of joy.. note not 100% before u come quoting me.some men are good yet gets treated that way
Thank you.... It is definitely sign of problem in the marriage. But our people love denial like a twin and so they celebrate silliness rather than raise alarm over it. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
lol well,an understanding man will understand
Na so!

Understanding and be looking like a houseboy in his own house. undecided

If my wife prefer the kids more, no problem..I will do my father role perfectly...But, let her expect surprises grin

A man's peace of mind is non-negotiable.

This is like what ladies do, before marriage, they are all sweeting and honeying the man...After marriage both sweet and honey will turn to papa Emeka.. lipsrsealed

No now, be that person he fall in love with from day1 abeg...Even after kids...Yes challenges will surely come, but how you handle it as the woman determines the strength of tha bonds.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Truvelisback(m): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:

Maybe, the man is no long who he used to be b4 and they got married.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Remman(m): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
babies are like your own creation and you have the full responsibility to nurture and raise them... It's like making yourself. You put more attention on what you build. This is naturaly so and it is not their fault. God made it so. Just look at Facebook the original creation of Mark (he makes sure that it works on all phones or anything that can browse despite the vulnerabilities associated with it working on outdated browsers, but look at whatsapp which wasn't his core creation, it works on selected phones). So it is in all things. It is no one's fault. Some women are still in some marriages only because of their children and nothing more or less.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price / Things A Female Should Never Do For Love / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.