Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,525 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? (33729 Views)

Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
Klass99:

Seven blessings for this and a thousand kisses kiss

As previously said, I like the way you think!

Dear Klass99, thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by legba1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
You are not same blood with ur wife...she sees you as another woman son and beliefs your allegiance (deep inside) is to your mum...her child is her blood and so you can't compare the bond...
I complained when wiffy practically shifted attention to our son back then...when I insisted the lil guy is old enough to have his own room at age 3, madam moved over with him..den I refused to give a rat arse as time goes on...I detest the competition

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
bigjackass:
Why do fathers prefer their children over their wives?

Correct question. Another great angle because this is so true.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Remman:
babies are like your own creation and you have the full responsibility to nurture and raise them... It's like making yourself. You put more attention on what you build. This is naturaly so and it is not their fault. God made it so. Just look at Facebook the original creation of Mark (he makes sure that it works on all phones or anything that can browse despite the vulnerabilities associated with it working on outdated browsers, but look at whatsapp which wasn't his core creation, it works on selected phones). So it is in all things. It is no one's fault. Some women are still in some marriages only because of their children and nothing more or less.
It is wrong because is not a marriage but instead a cage she endures, using her children as her emotional cushion. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by authority2006(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:
Hello fellow-Nairalanders!
Please is it correct to conclude that most women tend to value their children more than their own husbands (I don't mean 'baby daddies')?
If it's correct then what could be responsible?

I don't know for them o. The children dat we born together. They would just discard we men like that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
All this will not happen if I marry a reasonable and matured man,he will help you grow out of your shortcomings. I know very well the story of Yobo and Adaeze and i can tell you it was Yobo who made that marriage work.Adaeze was a huge problem but Yobo was patient and matured enough to know she'll grow and become calm and that's how it later turned out to be.I'll not marry a man that'll dish it back same way I dish it to him,reason I don't give face to small boys(18-35).
Lol....smh

What workeď for yobo and Adaeze, will definitely not work for another couple..No template to these couples wahala...You both will agree to work things out in your own way.

But, if you have a certain programmed mindset that appears like a stereotyped one, Noting will work..Even if them push am, e no go move.

Whether 18yrs old man or 59yrs like Pa Ned.. cheesy

Though men age like wine, so the older the better.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
legba1:
You are not same blood with ur wife...she sees you as another woman son and beliefs your allegiance (deep inside) is to your mum...her child is her blood and so you can't compare the bond...
I complained when wiffy practically shifted attention to our son back then...when I insisted the lil guy is old enough to have his own room at age 3, madam moved over with him..den I refused to give a rat arse as time goes on...I detest the competition
It may be time for marriage counseling, and you do this also for the child's sake. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Na so!

Understanding and be looking like a houseboy in his own house. undecided

If my wife prefer the kids more, no problem..I will do my father role perfectly...But, let her expect surprises grin

A man's peace of mind is non-negotiable.

This is like what ladies do, before marriage, they are all sweeting and honeying the man...After marriage both sweet and honey will turn to papa Emeka.. lipsrsealed

No now, be that person he fall in love with from day1 abeg...Even after kids...Yes challenges will surely come, but how you handle it as the woman determines the strength of tha bonds.
How will a man be dragging attention with his own baby? Hmm na wa ooo
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:
I don't know for them o. The children dat we born together. They would just discard we men like that.
Why are you not yourself equally vying for the attention of your own child then? It is easy to shift blame on the woman but the Genesis of the matter is in the marriage itself. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by suraaj(m): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Don't believe this your analysis because if our wife value the children than we the husband they won't keep the children with a single female neighbor but won't do so with us the husband with this same female neighbor ,am i making sense.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:
Please is it correct to conclude that most women tend to value their children more than their own husbands (I don't mean 'baby daddies')?

It's a major phase every female go through... Especially in their late 20s to late 50s
When growing up Girls get used to the fact that they shouldn't be hard, tough, rugged unlike boys...
They are expected to be calm, submissive, protected and provided for... They don't really get to be to protect, provide and take charge of a person until they give birth.. with the excitement that comes with giving birth.. they tends to give alot of attention into their kids over every other person...
But it wears off gradually After the kids become independent of them..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by authority2006(m): 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:

I dunno.
In my own case the bond I share with my kids is far more solid and stronger in quantum than the one I share with my husband.

Sometimes sef,I dey even forget say I get husband.

Pls nobody should quote me oh,I have gone to buy paracetamol.

Chai! Husbands have suffered!
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by RexTramadol1: 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2021
O re won ni
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Akalia:
Men don't prefer their mums over their wives except the man is a simp or mama's boy.

It's a lie. They do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol....smh

What workeď for yobo and Adaeze, will definitely not work for another couple..No template to these couples wahala...You both will agree to work things out in your own way.

But, if you have a certain programmed mindset that appears like a stereotyped one, Noting will work..Even if them push am, e no go move.

Whether 18yrs old man or 59yrs like Pa Ned.. cheesy

Though men age like wine, so the older the better.
lol its like you are subtly a redpiller
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Remman(m): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is wrong because is not a marriage but instead a cage she endures, using her children as her emotional cushion. undecided
again, it is the work of nature. Women who are uncertain about their wellbeing and how their children will fair or survive if they leave the man are the ones stuck. They're not in the marriage to save themselves but the future of her children based on true unconditional love she has for them. Love is the greatest and most powerful phenomenon that exists in the universe. Guy, if you have never fallen in true love, forget it, you can never understand its true nature/colour or what love can actually and really do to a human being or even spirit. Have you seen love made someone take bullet for another or allowed to be killed willingly just to save another? Pray you don't fall in true love with anything, even your children otherwise we'll soon hear story that touch the heart.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by legba1(m): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It may be time for marriage counseling, and you do this also for the child's sake. undecided

Bros, it was especially tough for me at first cos I have to leave home 5:30am and return probably past 9pm...he will be sleeping when am leaving and will be asleep on my return... They were both at home and so the bond was madding. He will follow his mum every where and.... Is he most time had to beg me to exercise patients on weekends when I can't take it anymore...4yrs later, our daughter came, I had moved up the corporate ladder, she was my consolation and compensation... We were friend right from the womb, and till now at 8,she will call me to found out how am doing even while at work and she in school(during break)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Judolisco(m): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Look at other animals... Like chicken and lion and u will get your answer... Thanks
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Bluntemperor: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
wordapostle:
I had that issue after my first child, after 8 years of 3 children I've learnt to live with that. I think it is just in mothers to behave that way. I just pray to God for grace to continually provide for family rather than start shouting of less attention, time, love or meat lol grin grin

What has really helped me to get loved as much as my children is helping my wife love the children in little things in the way she understands as love, like helping with assignments, play time, bathing them, feeding them, outing, shopping and going to bank, my children like going to bank maybe because from bank we usually branch shop rite or buy toys that will be lost or damaged the next day.

Husbands are babies to their wives until the real babies come you will know your real position. It may continue this way until your children are grown and leaves your house, then your wife can come back to you.

But some are not not this way. My wife loves and cares for me so much but she puts extra when it's the children maybe just maybe because because they are children

Bro,you have a burden all this while until OP came to your rescue,eh!
You are a genius in women Management anyway!
The way our Women are made,the extra love given and spread to the Family makes them committed to the babies as Children than the Oga in the house!
You will all come to the same position until the Children turned adult and find their level of Independence elsewhere and your Madam will turned to you again ' Baba lagbaja how now'
You will think you are in a voyage journey.
It is an endurance test for men

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by irunoko(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Make una no dey fear to talk this thing naw. Na only "MUMU MEN" always think WoMEN loves them. WoMEN don't have the capacity to love Men Unconditionally. Nothing to be worried about here. It's a normal thing, Nobody go beat you. Men are only shown "FAKE & CONDITIONAL LOVE BY WoMEN" because of what they provide. Shikena.....
actually you're right.pick 10 Women and ask them why they got married to their spouse,8 will say the major reason is because of children and that is the number one reason they get so anxious,worked up and depressed when after years of Marriage, they fail to get pregnant or have kids.its basically because they feel like the reason why they are with this man is not yet happening

Then you will also see a woman complaining bitterly about her husband saying the husband did ABCD.ok why then are you still with him if he's That terrible, they'll say "nitori Omo Ni"-meaning because of my kids

Thirdly have you notice Yoruba mothers when talking to their child or referring to them, they'll say "Oko mi" meaning their husbands (they Even make this statement in the presence of their own husbands) this implies that their REAL priority or reason for the marriage is the children hence replacing their husbands with their kids. the men don't understand this

Fourthly have you noticed every race women run it everything they do is to make money for their kids.when they buy stuffs it's most times for the kids,they don't run that type of race for their husbands,it's always the kids that are thy focus

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bigpee11(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
That true, I remember when I got married to my wife the bond was awesome, my female colleague told to wait to for my wife to give that she will divert the attention to the kids.... My brother now I understand wat she meant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Acidosis:

I hope more people will come to realize this fact.
I swear...

My boss during NYSC made me realised couples have themselves first before their children..

He doesnt eat any food except that of his wife or his mother...His wife doesn't cook for any one else except him...

Their kids are handled by the house-helps till they grow to do their home chores.

But get the necessary love and care from him as a Dad and wife as their mom.

Having sit to gist with him several times then, opened eyes and came in agreement to the love my parents share at home.

My partner first, kids second...Otherwise we do the polygamy thing...It started from bible after all.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by arewaseye: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
See ehn no husband can or will ever try that with me, I will never allow such see finish, its part of the reason I advise women on one thread like that to make sure they create some fears in their husbands so that his brain will always be reminding him not to try rubbish with you.Cheat wey he wan cheat,na under my roof he wan dy do am,abeg make I no talk jor.
what you are saying can only be true if you are either the breadwinner of the house or you have charmed your husband (his head is under your armpit) or you are making social media noise(i.e. You are telling lies).

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by AntiWailer: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your own kids shouldn't be a handful to you. You should know how to appropriately spend time with your own children and enjoy their company at it. That is how you build a good marriage and a good family at that. undecided
It does not make them less handful smiley

I agree with your submissions on family time though.

My point was for the hubby not to add to projects the wife need to work on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by jeff1607(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Who now benefits from marriage more, the only person who can love a man truly are ………….
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
lol its like you are subtly a redpiller
Which one is a redpill? Is it ampicillin or red and yellow anti-purge grin

I am a traditional man with a touch of modern life..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by BABANGBALI: 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
Waiting to read mynd44 comments
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by temitope27(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
When I start having children, I pray I remember my husband that time.
will you marry me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Remman:
again, it is the work of nature. Women who are uncertain about their wellbeing and how their children will fair or survive if they leave the man are the ones stuck. They're not in the marriage to save themselves but the future of her children based on true unconditional love she has for them. Love is the greatest and most powerful phenomenon that exists in the universe. Guy, if you have never fallen in true love, forget it, you can never understand its true nature/colour or what love can actually and really do to a human being or even spirit. Have you seen love made someone take bullet for another or allowed to be killed willingly just to save another? Pray you don't fall in true love with anything, even your children otherwise we'll soon hear story that touch the heart.
Stop projecting this on nature. This is instead a known psychological problem. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Munzy14(m): 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
How will a man be dragging attention with his own baby? Hmm na wa ooo
How will a woman abandone the man who made her mother and shift attention to kids who will grow to 16 and not even 18 to start thinking of their own life..hmmm!!! Na wa oooooo grin

Thats why you people will not allow the kids have their own life, and be disturbing them till you turn patience ozokwor for movie.. cheesy cheesy grin grin MIL palava..Na like this e dey take start.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by APCNig: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:

I once worked in the Customer Service Unit of a Bank here in Naija. My duties then included Account Opening and documentation. When Marketers source for customers, they give the customers Account Opening Forms to fill. After filling the Forms, the Forms are passed unto Customer Service Unit for creating of the accounts on the computer system.

I noticed that about 95% of Men use their Wives as their Next of Kin, while less than 5% of Women use their Husbands as Next of Kin, the remaining of about 95% of Women use their children as their Next of Kin.

The above is not an exaggeration. After spending some years in the Customer Service Unit, I moved to the Information Technology department and to Database Unit. Because I was actually very worried about this Next of Kin issue, while in the Database Unit of the bank, I generated a report from the database of this statistics and I discovered that the percentage of Women that use their Husbands as Next of Kin was less than 0.5%.

Women have been deciving Men since Eve spoke with the Devil, whatever they discussed that day, only the Devil and Eve know.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
legba1:

Bros, it was especially tough for me at first cos I have to leave home 5:30am and return probably past 9pm...he will be sleeping when am leaving and will be asleep on my return... They were both at home and so the bond was madding. He will follow his mum every where and.... Is he most time had to beg me to exercise patients on weekends when I can't take it anymore...4yrs later, our daughter came, I had moved up the corporate ladder, she was my consolation and compensation... We were friend right from the womb, and till now at 8,she will call me to found out how am doing even while at work and she in school(during break)
I will still recommend marriage counseling since these issues don't just go away on their own. They take on a different form instead. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price / Things A Female Should Never Do For Love / My Friend's Wife Always Loves Calling Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.